[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That one time Jimmy Kimmel spoke out regarding the ridiculousness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 30
>That one time Jimmy Kimmel spoke out regarding the ridiculousness of people watching other people play video games and people took it as an attack on video games and their favorite Youtubers

Jimmy was actually making a point and all those underage Pewdiecucks and Markitards shut him down.
When will you realize that watching "let's players" and "livestreamers" is just about as retarded as it gets
>>
>>341903564
>Watching someone play a game you like
>retarded

>Watching someone play a real life sports game you like, e.g; college football
>perfectly fine
>>
File: 1443133889918.gif (3 MB, 306x423) Image search: [Google]
1443133889918.gif
3 MB, 306x423
>>341903564
>Jimmy was actually making a point
Saria is my favorite SAGE
>>
>Amerifat consumer drone falls for manufactured controversy contrived by a cucked kike and his writers
>>
I don't like it at all.

>The people making fun of you are retards, so that makes it O.K.

It's stupid and juvenile and it's going to make everyone upset in the long run.
>>
Never understood livestreaming. Watching a streamer play a game you own on the computer you could be playing it on just seems like a sign of a closet cuckold fetish.

With that said, I feel the same way about physical sports since the comparison will likely be made.
>>
>>341903705
there is nothing wrong with watching high level esports tournaments

there is something wrong watching someone scream like a retard and talk in a "funny" voice while playing five nights at freddies
>>
>>341903705
The vast majority of streamers aren't particularly good at anything other than making faces and retarded jokes. They aren't pro players.

If you sat around and watched videos of kids playing games outside in the park instead of going outside yourself, yeah, that's be pretty fucking sad too.
>>
>>341903705
sports games aren't from the perspective of one person, are competitive, and don't have the commentator just talking about his monotonous life, unlike let's plays
watching competitive video games is cool though
>>
>>341903947
I used to watch it to fall asleep.
>>
>>341903705
>watching pewdiepie
>retarded

>watching EVO
>perfectly fine
>>
>>341903705
Listen little Billy. I know the other boys call you a faggot for not knowing how to throw a football, but you gotta keep on striving to your dream. To suck as many dicks no one ever has, matter how fucking gay it is.
>>
File: Talk.jpg (310 KB, 648x365) Image search: [Google]
Talk.jpg
310 KB, 648x365
We watch a bunch of ugly and old hags ramble on about sex and their dumb political views, and that's socially acceptable. Yet watching people compete to finish a video game the fastest is 'wrong'.
>>
>>341904035
>there is something wrong with people enjoying things I don't enjoy
Ha, classic /v/.
>>
>>341903564
I watch a friend of mine play some single player games, his stream is comfy as fuck
>>
>>341904406
Sometimes I have trouble believing these shows are real. Then I go into the break room at work and see stacks of celebrity gossip magazines, and I remember that I'm the weird one.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRQ0VxMVnGU
>>
Couch potato syndrome. Some people are too lazy to even push buttons on a controller
>>
>>341903564

You know what else is ridiculous? Variety programs.

Nothing but easy and predictable jokes followed by the audience eavesdropping on celebrities pretending to have a friendly conversation as if they know each other when in fact it's just someone shilling their latest film or whatever.

Honestly, I've never understood why people watch that crap.
>>
>>341904697
>I'm a special snowflake

Do you ever lie awake listening to blink 182 wondering why the girls won't give you a chance?
>>
>>341903564
>the ridiculousness of people watching other people play video games
I agree with this, but at the same time, watching a Talkshow host talk about literally nothing important is on the same level really.
Instead of talking to people yourself, you are just watching two people make small talk.
>>
>>341903705
except there's nothing stopping you from playing a video game. all you have to do is close the web browser and open up steam or walk ten feet to your console.
>>
>>341904470
>if I saw I enjoy something, then that invalidates all of your critiques

No, YOUR post is "classic" /v/tard-posting.
>>
>>341904889
You're bad at understanding my post, and you're misusing "special snowflake" in any case.
>>
File: le rong comnity.png (913 KB, 2724x1116) Image search: [Google]
le rong comnity.png
913 KB, 2724x1116
>>341903564
>>341903705
>LE RONG COMNITY
>MUH SPORTS ANALOGY EVERY SINGLE TIME
>>
>>341905197
Are you paraphrasing "fun is a buzzword"?
>>
Nu-Gamers are the worst. Back in ye olde days, we were ridiculed for even playing games. Guess what we did? We kept doing whatever the fuck we wanted because no one cares what normies think.
>>
>>341904731
You should do whatever you want but like others are saying watching someone play a game well is fine
You pick up on tips, Learn about the game or just genuinely amazed at how they do something
While people like GameGrumps, PDP or Markiplier are just loud noises and fucking about
To each there own but those are two different things.
>>
I only watch streams of shit like fighting games/FPSes where I want to understand how people who are better than me play so I can use that to improve my own game
>>
>>341903705
Would you watch a stream of a guy shooting a basketball poorly in his frontlawn and yelling sometimes?
>>
>>341904406
I too have seen that episode of South Park
>>
>>341903564
>>341903564

Video games are as much a spectator sport as fucking Sports.

All those Fight Tournaments have proven that.

Someone trying to dictate how valid valid someone else's subjective enjoyment of a subject is, just amounts to bullshit.
>>
>>341905851
America's Funniest Home Videos exists
>>
>>341903705
He literally stated that watching sports was dumb too though
>>
>It's like going to a restaurant, and having someone eat your food for you

Poor analogy aside, we already do something similar: It's called watching cooking shows. There's demand for shows about popular chefs preparing, and serving exquisite, delicious food to a group of people to eat or judge.

When you think about it, there is demand to watch people do almost anything. Talk; Eat; Fuck; Play; Sleep; Shit.
>>
File: 1432081647213.jpg (337 KB, 867x848) Image search: [Google]
1432081647213.jpg
337 KB, 867x848
"livestreamers"
lol whatever you passive aggressive fuck, you're not making any money sitting on here posting threads about how much you hate people making money. there are thousands of streamers on Twitch who are making more money than you'll ever see in a lifetime.

"b-but that's easy, I could do that if I wanted to!"

then do it pussy. start up OBS, get a facecam on your uggo craterface and try to entertain people for hours on end Monday to Friday. OH WAIT, it's hard as shit.

it's always fun to come on here and see the people who will never amount to anything because they bitch about people who are more successful, popular, charming, funny, and have better business sense than them.
>>
>>341906089
Watching cooking shows is like watching dev videos, they are making something. You can also use cooking shows to see how to cook like a pro.
>>
>>341906089
The main difference between watching Let's Plays and LITERALLY EVERY OTHER ANALOGY is that people are either watching someone more talented than themselves, or they're watching someone teach the task/hobby they're performing. Either way, they're not watching them for the epic personalities.
>>
>>341905901
The difference being after watching a stream of a fighting game tournament, you can realistically play that game and learn from the pros to improve your own play. The vast majority of people who watch shit like football aren't going to go out and join a football team
>>
File: 1335063828094.jpg (68 KB, 494x700) Image search: [Google]
1335063828094.jpg
68 KB, 494x700
I'm in my late 20's and I can't understand why people my age or much younger want to waste their daylight watching someone play a video game. I've heard explanations ranging from it's entertaining, simple curiosity since they can't get access to the game, just want background noise, or they love the commentary.

Mentally I can process this but I can't help but dismiss it. It doesn't make much of a difference if I personally find this past time a completely retarded way to use your free time.

What really irks me is that there are people willing to throw their money at the groups or individuals that produce this stuff. I can't see the content creators of the genre surviving on this as a career for much longer than a handful of years.
>>
File: 1464379031240.jpg (30 KB, 283x438) Image search: [Google]
1464379031240.jpg
30 KB, 283x438
What videogame is this thread discussing?
>>
>>341906471
Realistically, you will never do what they can without thousand of hours of practice, assuming you have the reflexes and dexterity required.
>>
>>341903705
the thing about real sports, is that you need alot of shit to actually get into it. you need to be pretty brawny, have a commitment to brain damage and lots of time and money. with video games, it's pick up a controller and get good. anybody can get into esports. watching people play on digital screens, not actually having to physically do anything, that somethings so asinine. fucking manchilldren who live in a world where big brother wont let them play. I swear, i'll never understand the obsession with watching people when you CAN do it yourself.
>>
>>341904035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wK_v9koL3Y

Iceland sucks at soccer but I'll still watch their goofy celebrations
>>
File: 1447168088516.jpg (553 KB, 1024x1041) Image search: [Google]
1447168088516.jpg
553 KB, 1024x1041
>>341906701
all of them Johnny.
>>
>>341906701
eSports and shitty Let's Play bait like FNAF and Goat Simulator
>>
>>341906359
Pewdiepie just got kicked out of his rented home by the landlord for being such a noisy retard. There's nothing to be proud of about this culture
>>
>>341906359
you act like kids are hard to entertain
>>
>>341906939
He could buy the entire fucking complex if he wanted. He's lived in Sweden, the United States, and the UK, and he moves around because he's gotta appear in shit and hang out with friends. Why the fuck would he buy a home?
>>
>>341906532
Exactly. I've said time and again if people like the Game Grumps had a podcast, I'd regularly listen to their shit. Some Let's Players genuinely have some mastery of comedic timing, but they only make jokes while playing a video game in the background
>>
>>341903564
Still better than Conan the Kike bitching about guns and "too many white people involved in everything".
>>
>>341906532
People spend their money on entertainment all the fucking time. It's no different from paying to watch a sports show, other than it being socially acceptable. Why are you letting it irk you in the first place? People "waste" their money on even more questionable shit, yet I don't see you making a blog post about it.
>>
>>341907298
>trying this hard to defend something not worth defending
i shiggy diggy
>>
>>341906841
>I swear, i'll never understand the obsession with watching people when you CAN do it yourself.

There's a difference between doing something, and doing somewhere well. Are you retarded enough to think anyone can pick up speedrunning, and actually compete? Or that they'r want to in the first place?
>>
>>341906841
what the fuck are you talking about, you acting like it's more expensive to kick a football around in the park on a sunday than buy a console. Anybody can get into sports you just go do that sport whether u gota be in a pool or gota get a racket or whatever exac tly the same as getting a controller lol. Why are you talking about brain dramage, American football and rugby (slightly) are the only popular sports where that is an issue. THere is a discussion to be had whether it's worth compromising your future health for the training regimes that atheletes undergo (olympic training etc) but same can be made about ballet and many other vocations where obsessive repretitive movements unsurprisingly put a large toll on the human body. Why are you now talking about big brother. I don't really understand what you mean about watching people when you can do it yourself the reason a lot of people watch professional football or tennis or whatever is because they can't do it themselves they do not have the dedication ability/life w.e. to be able to play at that professional level, it's like saying why read a book when you could write one, why look at a painting when you could paint one etc it's a fucking retarded thing to say and suggests tha you are automatically the best at everything.
>>
>>341907501
>I decide what's worthwhile or not

Way to sound like an asshole.
>>
>>341907196
I'm not talking about buying houses. How many kind of "careers" require you to rape your neighbours' ears? How's that "charming"
>>
File: stef.jpg (11 KB, 199x194) Image search: [Google]
stef.jpg
11 KB, 199x194
>>341904470

Not an argument.
>>
>>341907296
Conan O' Brien? He seems like a cool guy on screen. His video game stuff can be spot on since he doesn't play much. Even when shilling he still criticizes parts of games.
>>
he was absolutely right
everybody who watches fucking let's play's is a fucking moron
>>
>>341903564
>When will you realize that watching "let's players" and "livestreamers" is just about as retarded as it gets

They are all retarded.

However, I like watching competitive gaming that's one of the main things I would watch but other than that fuck these faggot personalities.
>>
>>341907542
if you don't want to do it, why watch somebody else do it? where is the corralation between not wanting to do it, but wanting to watch others do it? that doesn't make sense. you can do it well, with time and patience anyone can do anything so long as you're not a crippled fuck or have down syndrome, but if you had down syndrome you really wouldn't be caught up in this stupid bullshit. anyone CAN pick up speeding, you just make the time to get gud. instead of envying others, make something of yourself.
>>
File: 1349567948181.jpg (71 KB, 430x320) Image search: [Google]
1349567948181.jpg
71 KB, 430x320
>>341907217
I can agree on the podcast thing however I know some really lonely people (it's sad) that substitute watching their Let's Players for their lack of social interaction and friendships.

>>341907298
If we're discussing the money exclusively then absolutely. Essentially paying someone's bills for internet entertainment in my personal opinion sits on the same tier as handing a stranger cash without any return for good/services.

I'm not coming from jealousy or anything like that. I love my job working in a laboratory.

It's just plain weird giving someone cash like this.
>>
>>341907601
It's practically impossible to get into a team sport like football or soccer since you need to have several other people, uniforms, and the space/equipment needed to play. Even if you wanted to become a tennis pro, you'd have to always have someone to play against. The only requirement to get into eSports is a console/PC, a control scheme you're comfortable with, and the game you want to focus on
>>
>>341903705
>Watching someone play a real life sports game you like, e.g; college football
Unless they're professional athletes it's fun to watch.

But if they're fucking amateurs who are out of shape then don't watch it.
>>
is ti that that video gamers cant laugh at themselves? like you guys get piss over anything
>>
I always loved watching my friends play single player games when we were kids. Older friends, too. But then they would finger my butthole :c
>>
>>341906359
I don't begrudge any of these youtube "personalities" their money. Obviously people eat that shit up. I'm still going to mock the fans for having shit taste, just like for anything else I think is awful that people like.

The amount of butthurt that resulted from a second-tier late night host making fun of a hobby is pathetic.
>>
>>341908221
>But then they would finger my butthole :c
The average tard who watches LPers.
>>
>>341907778
This, absolutely, the sperglord followers they have are the worst
>>
>>341906359
You can tell the guy who made this post is underage.
>>
>>341907778
/thread

B-BUT M-MUH NERDY GAMIN COMMUNITY
>>
It seems like most of the people here think watching let's plays or livestreams has anything to do with the game, if you just want to see the game, yeah, go play it yourself, but it's the person who's supposed to be entertaining, and with so many out there I'm sure if you looked everyone in this thread could find one commentator they enjoyed, If my favorite streamer or youtuber decided to start streaming himself painting or baking or whatever else it wouldn't matter, I'm watching for him/her not for what they're doing
>>
>>341907768
>on screen.
There you have it. After the Orlando shooting, he shilled for anti-gun bullshit during his monologue where he usually told jokes. He basically said
>"I usually keep politics away from my shot, but now I am going to bring politics into my show."
He also had an interview a few years ago where he said he believed there were too many white men
>"in the entertainment industry, and in, well... Everything."
>>
>>341908887
>I'm watching for him/her not for what they're doing
gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>341907919
>watching their Let's Players for their lack of social interaction and friendships.

fuck my life
>>
>>341907778
And people who watches television are fucking morons
>>
>>341908887
You are a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>341904080
i'd find it more entertaining seeing an amateur trying to play football than a professional, main reason why i watch gamecenter cx
>>
File: ionlybuynvidia.png (32 KB, 336x360) Image search: [Google]
ionlybuynvidia.png
32 KB, 336x360
>>341907778
>>
>>341908887
Oh, look another faggot.
>>
>>341909189
>watching something made by hundreds of people that you can never do alone
>the same as watching some retard play a game poorly and yell
???
>>
>>341905423
>"we are gamers, games don't cause violence so stop insulting our hobby before we kill you"
>>
>>341904221
The average person is more skilled at games than Pewdiepie
The average person is less skilled at games than people at evo
>>
File: guy.jpg (39 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
guy.jpg
39 KB, 250x353
>>341909175
You aren't alone. I have to read this cunt's bullshit in an IRC channel I idle in talk about her favorite LP videos all day.

>>341908887
Yeah, I watch Diner's Drive In's and Dive's for fucking Guy. Please.
>>
File: 1465616939087.png (188 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1465616939087.png
188 KB, 330x319
>>341905423
>You messed with the wrong yt community xD
>>
>>341903705
Watching someone watch a movie vs watching someone make a movie
>>
>>341909323
Pure autism.
>>
>>341903705
College football actually requires talent to play, as do most sports on TV. Some video games do, but most of the popular streamers/YouTubers are shit at games and just scream memes to overreact to get views. Your analogy is fucked.
>>
Only about as retarded as this new era of television where everything has to be a reality show.
>>
File: 1405612039595.jpg (86 KB, 523x514) Image search: [Google]
1405612039595.jpg
86 KB, 523x514
>>341909310
That's why you watch GCCX?

TamaGe is probably my favorite segment. Developer segments are also interesting. In the earlier seasons you had interviews with producers and developers. Ring Ring Tactics was great too.

There is a large difference between an LPer and a Production like GCCX.
>>
>>341907926
>It's practically impossible to get into a team sport like football or soccer
Yes anon there are no city or county public leagues.

No one but professionals play sports.
>>
He was making a joke that he probably didn't even write and it was blown out of proportion because too many people on the internet are hyper sensitive and can't take a joke.
>>
>>341910170
>there are no city or county public leagues
I'm sure there are plenty of cities and towns without either of these things.
>>
>>341910080
gccx is basically an LP with field trips
>>
how do I stop watching let's plays, /v/? I've learned to be ashamed of it but I can't stop.
>>
>>341910557
>I've learned to be ashamed of it
why
>>
>>341910557
don't know, i just grew bored of them and stopped because of the time difference and whenever i wanted to watch an LP they were always near the end of their stream
>>
File: 1407693456433.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1407693456433.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>341910557
Finish your backlog.
Watch movies.
Read.

Go outside.

Lets Players are not your friends.
>>
>>341910557
Kill yourself.
>>
didn't that fuck insist that he could shut down all of twitch and youtube gaming and all those other sites if he wanted to, b-but he just didn't want to?
>>
>>341910463
My job has a baseball team that we just half assed organized and play against other businesses in the area. There is a separate baseketball team as well.

This kind of shit is all over the place.
>>
>>341909484
Doesn't really matter how many people you need to make something destined to the most braindead of people if the end result its still destined to the most braindead of people.
>>
>doing something you enjoy is just about as retarded as it gets
ok there
>>
>I need to be super autistic about wathching x retard playign letsplay/esports/rregular sports because I'm a sperg who needs to act like I'm a normalfag on /v/

>I need to to justify watching silly things//letsplays because I'm a nerd

Like seriously why do you people get upset about doing things you don't like.
Why do people have to act like lets plays awesome seriously stupid shit that no one can understand or is anything special
Instead we have to be anal about people either making fun of your hobby or doing something you don't approve of.
>>
>>341903564
OP you made this post because you hate Jimmy Kimmel and wanted us to tell you we hate him too, huh?

I hate him more for crying over a dead lion like the biggest pussy in the world. How you can cry over man's triumph over the king of the jungle is beyond me.
>>
>>341903564
>>That one time Jimmy Kimmel

Stopped reading there take it to /tv/ faggot
>>
>>341910557
Learn to enjoy whatever you enjoy and stop worrying about what random strangers think
>>
>>341904035
You don't get to decide that when there's so much subjectivity involved. That's like calling cooking shows retarded because all they're doing is sitting there cooking.
>>
>>341910557
I think it's ok for people to enjoy it. Just don't put LP's on a fucking pedestal like it's the savior of gaming culture. It's not.
>>
>>341907601
>what the fuck are you talking about, you acting like it's more expensive to kick a football around in the park on a sunday than buy a console. Anybody can get into sports

Except the analogy was about watching sports. In other words, professional football. The top of the league stuff, which is completely inaccessible to someone unless they're willing to start early and dedicate their lives to the sport to make it their career.

Watching someone do a Let's Play requires none of that. There's no reason why such a person couldn't play the game themselves except the price of the game.

We're not talking about esports or speedrunners here, we're talking about game grumps level let's play shit.
>>
>>341906359
I get what you're saying and I enjoy streams as background noise as much as the next anon, but for every streamer making money there are a thousand that don't get shit for views and never will. I don't understand the need for so many people to take their hobby and turn it into their job with all of the headaches that come with it. For a lot of streamers/YouTubers, they HAVE to be slaves to the flavor of the month games and produce content by release, or they miss out on revenue. I would fucking hate that myself, especially with how rare it is that a quality game comes around these days. Add in a really fucking shitty Twitch/YouTube audience and I don't know why so many people bother. Yeah, some strike it rich, but a lot are riding a wave of popularity that's going to burn out soon.
>>
>>341911009
Even the most brain dead television shows aren't as retarded as the best LPers.
>>
>>341910557
Play vidya and listen to a podcast.
>>
File: 1419732539040.jpg (61 KB, 625x423) Image search: [Google]
1419732539040.jpg
61 KB, 625x423
>>341911279
Imagine waking up doing this shit for a living to realize you could have been adding experience to your resume or better yet getting a degree.
>>
I laugh at people who watch Lets Players and people who watch Jimmy Kimmel.

>>341911296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X1bc4kNLHI

>There are people in this world that thinks this is real
>>
>>341911071
>luring a lion out of safe areas, shooting it with a bow, then chasing it until it died
>triumph over the king of the jungle
>lion
>king of the jungle
Kill yourself.
>>
>>341903705
LITERALLY THE WORST ANALOGY

STOP USING THIS ONE YOU COLOSSAL RETARDS
>>
>>341911663
Listen to this you faggots.
>>
>>341910080
GCCX is still unquestionably, let's plays. It's just not youtube cancer.
>>
>>341911568
Even this trash is better than watching someone play a game poorly on purpose and yell, which is about 99% of LPs on the internet.
>>
>>341904889
>implying blink 182 isnt completely main stream
>>
>>341911959
Is it?
Is it really?
>>
>>341903705
done in fucking one
>>
Some of you people are autistic. So we can only watch videos if it is "expert" level gameplay and not because of the streamers personality.
>>
File: 1346684617723.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1346684617723.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
How the fuck is watching YOUTOOBERS any different than watching anything else entertaining?

Also that show has some borderline boring writers, as well Kimmel is probably the most plastic host i've ever seen on tv.

He's probably a cool guy in person, but his 'performance' lacks any interesting human character what so ever.
>>
>>341911450
That's exactly it. I would kill myself if I put off my long term future for chasing something as shitty as video game streaming. For the people who make six figures a year, no problem, but you know there are plenty of 18-22 year old faggots out there just trying to be the next big thing.
>>
>>341912308
You must have missed the entire thread.
>>
The next time you wonder why Let's Plays are still a thing, just remember that reality shows are still alive and well. Much like how reality shows have captured the female demographic, Let's Plays capture the young retarded gamer demographic.

It's bottom-of-the-barrel entertainment.
>>
>>341903705
If you watched it for the game you'd watch a long-play, not an LP. Moron.
>>
>>341912346
>For the people who make six figures a year, no problem, but you know there are plenty of 18-22 year old faggots out there just trying to be the next big thing.
I doubt this can last forever for those that are making any money on this. If you're fortunate enough to be earning a large paycheck off of this hopefully you have enough sense to save and invest the money - but that doesn't necessarily mean success in the future considering you're just an entertainer and nothing else.
>>
>>341903705
>can't play college football because I'm almost 30 and never went to college nor played football
>can instantly play a video game
Explain why the fuck I would watch anyone play a video game unless they were the best person on the planet at that game, like those Japanese tetris players? You're just watching some obnoxious faggot play video games to feel like you have a friend because you're a weak failed normalfag.
>>
>>341912169
It is. Especially when you consider that what I described is the vast majority of LP content you will find.
>>
>>341911568
are you fucking insulting the Bernice?
>>
>>341911450
Isin't the point of getting a degree to get a better job so you can make more money?
Unless you personally enjoy all of the work and labor that goes into earning that education.

If fags want to be really smart about it, Earn a shit ton of money from doing that stupid shit.
Then put it investments and stocks and spend a year learning how to work the market.
Then you can live like a fucking king.
>>
let's plays are fucking cancer

but watching a speedrun of one of your favorite games is 100% comfy
>>
>>341912396
Probably, I just wanted to get my piss in the ocean just like everyone else.
>>
>>341903837
He isn't Jewish tho
>>
>>341912816
Speedrunning at least takes some talent.
>>
>>341903564
Watching someone else eat or cook when you can eat or cook is retarded too but the food network does it 24 hours a day.
>>
>>341903564
>Watching people play sports is just about as retarded as it gets
>Watching people play poker is just about as retarded as it gets
>Watching people drive cars is just about as retarded as it gets
>Watching people cook is just about as retarded as it gets

Guess what, humans like to watch other humans do things. There's an entire industry based around it called entertainment

Also, your argument is literally "Stop liking things I don't like!"
>>
>>341904761
Because you have autism
>>
>>341903705
Because you could be playing the game instead. You're already at the computer. Just boot it up.

Of course organizing all your friends to play a game is different since everyone is busy.
>>
>>341913025
This retard is comparing this to a person who plays video games and talks about random boring shit called "personality". We're not comparing this to eSports but we're comparing it to the mindless drone hugbox personaliities that are boring as fuck to watch. Some of the things you mentioned have actual professionals in the field that make it much more entertaining than LP's.
>>
File: 1465809043588.jpg (59 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
1465809043588.jpg
59 KB, 600x405
>>341913025
>if I keep making the same retarded comparisons, somebody will buy it
>>
>>341912723
>Earn a shit ton of money from doing that stupid shit.

Ideally yeah, but if it were that easy everybody would do it. It's a much safer plan to just get a degree in something other adults don't laugh at behind your back and build a career that doesn't involve spouting memes to your chat.
>>
>>341903947
Its p comfy to watch kripps hearthstone videos

Its about as intellectually stimulating as playing the actual game
>>
File: 1440743682183.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1440743682183.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>>341903564
Give it up, fellow old guy. The world has zipped right past us into a pit of feces and there's no unfucking it now. People are free to choose the lives they want, and they have collectively chosen idiocy.
>>
>>341913369
You got a clean version of that? I need it for science
>>
>>341912904
Point is still valid. There is no actual "controversy" over people watching fucking YouTube videos, everyone getting involved is retarded and what's-his-face-the-TV-man is gonna make a lot of money from the boost in ratings
>>
>>341913025
>being this retarded is about as retarded as it gets
>>
>>341913743
Says every old faggot to another old faggot every generation.

literally end yourself you worthless fuck of a human being.
>>
>>341903705
ANY RETARD CAN PLAY A VIDEO GAME. SEE LITERALLY ALL TWITCH WHORES.

An actual SPORT requires years of training and practice.
>>
>>341916343
this.

watching a let's play is like watching somebody else read a book.
>>
>>341911242
Cooking shows, more often than not, serve an educational purpose as well as an entertainment purpose. Footage is heavily edited, and concisely captures the point of the show, which is the food being made.

Let's Players are just people who play a game and upload a ridiculously unnecessary amount of footage to take advantage of YouTube's payment system.
>>
>>341904406
They aren't ugly tho
>>
>>341905915
AFV shows you a 5 second clip of a guy failing to shoot a basketball. And that clip is supplemented by other idiots doing similar things.

A Let's Player will upload a 15 minute video of the equivalent of that.
>>
people who think that playing videogames is an acceptable hobby are pure cancer

no different than sitting around all day watching TV
>>
>>341904731
what a cuck
>>
>>341916343
And it's still as boring to watch as someone playing a game
>>
>>341916343
The sportsman, no matter his skill, is using all his power and coordination to win the game. The couch potato watches someone kick a ball. Their only justification is making the sports scene more glamorous to attract competition for the players.
>>
File: 1433119034021.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1433119034021.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
"""""athlete"""""
>>
File: 1461596543594.gif (795 KB, 245x168) Image search: [Google]
1461596543594.gif
795 KB, 245x168
>>341917826
>those announcers faces
>>
File: 151.png (164 KB, 388x386) Image search: [Google]
151.png
164 KB, 388x386
>>341903564

Sometimes I just like to watch someone play some comfy ass Heroes of Might and Magic 3 in bed for half an hour before I go to sleep.

Stop making me feel bad.
>>
>>341903705
this
/thread
>>
I only watch streams for spoilers if it's a game I know I won't be getting any time soon.
>>
>>341909489
what does that matter?
You are still watching it in order to get entertained.
>>
>>341917826
his legs were dying or something during that event
>>
>>341918853
>>341917826
Just search for Marn's legs on google.
>>
File: esport athletes.webm (2 MB, 368x382) Image search: [Google]
esport athletes.webm
2 MB, 368x382
>>341917826
fucking delete that esports is quite serioius
>>
File: 1429476451430.gif (666 KB, 256x249) Image search: [Google]
1429476451430.gif
666 KB, 256x249
>>341903564
>people complaining that watching other people play video games is stupid
>meanwhile there is a successful television series in the UK that is literally nothing but watching other people watch television
>it's actually pretty good
>>
I watch Kripp play Hearthstone as I play Hearthstone

Is this wrong?
>>
THIS DOESN'T DESERVE DISCUSSING
IF YOU ENJOY WATCHING STRIMS THEN GO WATCH THEM
IF NOT THEN DON'T
>>
People are seriously defending streaming-cancer, unbelievable!
Atleast /vr/ is still fine, but /v/ and /vg/ are Kiddy Central nowadays.
25+ folks, why are you still coming here, if there are any others left?
>>
>>341916724
And? Ypu're still watching something you van do yourself.
>>
>>341919024
LMAO
HE TRIPPED
THAT MEANS HE'S NOT A REAL "ATHLETE" XD SO FUNNE
>>
>>341915834
Says every pissant underdeveloped not-yet-fully-human young faggot to every older faggot every generation.

literally end yourself you worthless fuck of a human being.
>>
>>341919218
29 here.
I can't stand streams, but I enjoy let's plays on youtube if the commentator is chill as fuck and has alot of knowledge on the game and actually discusses things, pros and cons of decisions and stuff like that.
Streams are fucking terrible to watch especially with all the retarded shit on screen, sound bytes interupting discussion if there fucking is any in the first place and the memeing is fucking cancer.
>>
>Markiplier got so butthurt when Jimmy made fun of him on his show that he made this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDyXod3wBME
>>
>>341919393
>what is a joke

Don't stim out man, it's ok.
>>
>>341903705
>Watch a person play a video game
>They try to be friendly to you to have little kids and whales get a creepy imaginary friend
>Watch a person play real sports
>They're focused more on the sport than what you think
>>
>>341919618
why is every streamer a complete spas?
>>
>>341903705

Besides everyone screaming "muh sports are harder" i will give you that both sports and watching lets plays are on the same level. Both are completely retaded
>>
>>341919302
I never said you couldn't. But cooking shows have an additional layer of purpose that you can't find in Let's Plays, making the situations incomparable.
>>
>>341903564
By this point in time, it is comparable to watching sports team and other forms of entertainment

We live in a society where texting to people in the same room as oneself's is considered a valid form of communication. The rules of society and what is accepted as the norm are changing around us, for better or for worse, and not much can be done about that.
>>
>>341919867
They try to be friendly to you because that gets them money.
>>
File: wacky-saggy.jpg (28 KB, 360x225) Image search: [Google]
wacky-saggy.jpg
28 KB, 360x225
>>341903705
Poor analogy.

Anyone even cripples can pick up and play video games.
Practicing a sport when you're a cripple or at a certain age is rather hard.
>>
>watching let's play

I can just imagine the kids and mankids that do this stuff.
They smell like shit, look like shit, don't know what a human contact is and their only "friends"are e-celebrities.
No shit they will go ape shit after you insult their imaginary friends. This is their life.
>>
File: 1453261134953.png (54 KB, 719x642) Image search: [Google]
1453261134953.png
54 KB, 719x642
>>341918996
holy shit
>>
>>341921526
>said anon, uploading one of the more than a thousand pictures he stored in his computer after years of frequenting imageboards 24 hours a day in his dark and poorly organized basement, without having seen the sunlight for months
>>
>>341903564
You know what? Everyone who says "X is a waste of time" is usually right. But very few people want to tell you the full story, because it's mutually-assured destruction.

CONSUMING ANY CONTENT IS A WASTE OF TIME. CONSUMING CONTENT IS THE OPPOSITE OF LIFE.

If you ever meet someone who CREATES CONTENT, you will usually find that they consumed content for a while, then felt the need to follow an obsession that sprouted in them.

If you CONSUME CONTENT, you are OVERWHELMING YOUR MIND AND BECOMING LESS HUMAN

it is LITERALLY BETTER TO STARE AT A WALL. You MIGHT GET AN IDEA IF YOU DO THAT.
>>
File: These faggots again.jpg (111 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
These faggots again.jpg
111 KB, 300x300
>>341903564
Look at all those responses defending the act of watching someone else play your games for you, its like if neo-/v/ was actually real.
>>
>>341922809
For a surprisingly accurate insight into this idea, you should play Little Inferno. With any luck, it might be the last game you ever play.

Content creators aren't villains, but by succeeding in their own lives, they allow other lives to be destroyed.
>>
>>341903564
ECELEBS ARE THE BIGGEST CANCER

FUCK ALL THESE UNDERAGE FAGGOTS WHO MAKE AND POST IN "GIANTBOMB" THREADS

KILL YOURSELF IF YOU "LIKE" "GIANTBOMB"
>>
>>341913506
How do people like Kripp he's monotone af and generally quiet when i watch him. I like the streamers with some personality.
>>
The appeal is the same as when you watch those "reaction" videos. Humans are social and like connecting and empathizing with others, so it's fun to see how people react to things you like. Big streams or channels also have communities of like-minded viewers you can connect with personally.

I'm not surprised this concept is beyond /v/ and most of you take "watches someone else play video games" at face value.
>>
>he didn't listen to sports on the radio while playing sports
>he doesn't watch streams/LPs of games he didn't/couldn't/haven't played while playing vidya

oh yeah I forgot
>/v/
>sports
haha!
>>
>lets players/ecelebs

autoban everyone that posts these words and /v/ is about videogsmes again
>>
>>341922754

You're just proving my point by going ape shit.
>>
File: wMyBEtC.jpg (47 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
wMyBEtC.jpg
47 KB, 960x960
F O R S E N B A J S
>>
>>341903705

>takes no skill

>takes effort, dedication, training, and skill

WOW
>>
>>341903564
I once thought it was ridiculous - and sure is to watch streams of it - with stupid kids commenting over.

But for example I found myself interested about the story in a specific modern warfare game, but shooters aren't my thing and the game also costed money - so I decided to watch a cinematic compilation of it... totally worth it, finished it faster than the game itself and had the same effect.
>>
>>341925570
>i'll say some retarded stuff
>but I'll also say that everyone that replies to me is retarded
>that way they can't say how retarded I am without being retarded
>genius
>>
>>341907778
Yes, watching somebody play video games is stupid sure but it's equally as stupid as watching someone else play sports.
>>
>>341903705

I've always held the belief that people who watch sport are retarded. The point still stands.
>>
>>341909323
>how do I sell my onboard gpu without selling my motherboard
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.