[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All my friends are playing on a ps4, I am the only one with a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63 KB, 1920x1080
All my friends are playing on a ps4, I am the only one with a PC.
They are saying to me this greatness awaits bullshit, and that I should get a ps4. And I am fucking tempted after this e3 when sony won it all.

Is it worth to buy a ps4 nowadays for exclusives, or is it just a scam?
>>
>>341887512
Yeah and here are the upcoming games:
Horizon
Detroit become human
last guardian
god of war
nier
here thy lie
spiderman
days gone

they are all looking to be awesome
>>
Are there actually a lot of games that you're interested in?
>>
>>341887831

>>341887769
this

also I never played god of war ,last of us, infamous, uncarted..

they seem to be fun
>>
>>341887241
Ps4 needs a UI update. Let me use the touchpad like a trackpad and scroll through my list of games. Half the shit on my system is hidden in the library app. I want the library app to just be below the current ui and have it open all the time as a sortable list
>>
>>341887241
desu I thought that microsoft won e3 with skorpio

but the only gaming system worth anything is one that your friends have, unless you don't have friends. In that case just come and post on here more
>>
>>341887241
Wait till the neo comes out, that way you can play in 4k.
>>
Don't care about companies or fanboyisms, care about games. Idort is the answer.
>>
>>341888368
but neo comes out in 1 year...
>>
File: 1457056796951.png (47 KB, 215x296) Image search: [Google]
1457056796951.png
47 KB, 215x296
don't have it yet but I'll probably get it for

Bloodborne
EDF 4.1
Persona 5
Nier Automata
Nioh
Gravity Rush 1&2
The Last Guardian

I figure I'll wait til' some more of those come out and I've worked through the huge backlog of games I have yet to complete

also I'm just really frugal and must wait until "THE PERFECT DEAL"
>>
>>341888287
This, I want my games separated from the apps and to be able to categorize them as I please.
>>
>>341887769
Nier Automata is not a fucking exclusive, seriously stop this meme.

Did you see the "Only on Playstation" logo ANYWHERE? Did you EVER read, from Sony or Square themselves, the word "exclusive"?
>>
DO IT YOU FAGGOT.

Playing console games with friends is the best time i ever had.
>>
>>341888607
so do most of those games that they showed at E3
>>
Also use gamesharing with primary and secondary accounts with a friend. Both of you pay half for games and only one of you needs ps plus.
>>
File: 1453063267984.png (455 KB, 810x688) Image search: [Google]
1453063267984.png
455 KB, 810x688
>>341888967
eat ass
>>
Buy it if you want. I don't care. Nobody fucking cares here.

Shit thread.
>>
>>341887241
If you like interactive movies, then it's for you.

I'm really hoping Dad of War has large-scale numerous-enemy fights, it'd actually be really awesome with their new approach if they pull it off.

Also PS4-graphics Crash.
>>
>>341889171
Do you want to talk about your issues?
>>
It might be worth it, but hold off on buying a system just because games are coming for it, unless you can find a good deal. There was a time I bought a PS3 for TLG and FFVersus XIII.

Right this very second, there's Bloodborne, Disgaea V, GGXrd Revelator, and that's just about it. You'd also be able to play Destiny, which is an okay game if you can get it for cheap enough. FFXV and TLG will be coming soon, but there's still months of drought to go.

Also, Sony's E3 presentation totally sucked. I only care about Nier 2, Gravity Rush 2, and maybe Horizon.
>>
>>341888106
Uncharted and The Last of Us are great.

So is inFamous.
>>
>>341889334
No. :(
>>
>>341889135
t. delusional faggot with no evidence

It was not announced as an exclusive, and it has not been officially marketed as an exclusive at any point in time.

Yet every ACTUAL exclusive has the "Only on Playstation" shit plastered all over the trailers, boxes and press releases.

Now what does your minuscule sonygger brain tell you that means?

And it's the same shit with NiOh. Literally the only mention of "exclusive" was made in its latest E3 trailer in reference to the fucking DEMO.

So yeah, get fucked sonygger. It's not even them lying to you, you are lying to yourself.
>>
>>341889535
die
>>
>friends want to play vidya with me
>is this a scam?

On a more serious note if you actually have to ask random strangers if you should get a console to play with your buddies than the answer is no.
>>
>>341889535
>this much effort in a post on /v/

rlly makes u think desu
>>
You'd be retarded to buy a PS4 now. At the very least you have to wait until the PS4 Neo is out, either because you want to get better graphics or so that you pay less for the PS4 which will undoubtedly have its cost lowered at that point.

Are you interested in the exclusives that are out for it right now? Personally, only Bloodborne looks worth a shit to me. Don't ever buy a console based on upcoming exclusives, you should only buy it when it has enough games that you want to play that you're happy with the purchase even in the unlikely scenario where every single upcoming game you're interested in gets cancelled.
>>
>>341889535
>nier 2 isn't a ps4 exclusive
kek
never ever
>>
>>341889535
So what platforms are they coming to? Since you seem to be the expert and all.
>>
>>341889535
Didn't the first Nier come to Xbox?
>>
>>341890190
yes
>>
>>341890151
Platforms other than Playstation platforms. Otherwise it'd be "Only on Playstation".

And these platforms include at least one other console platform, otherwise it'd be "Playstation 4 Console Exclusive".

That's been Sony's terminology since the start of this generation.
>>
>>341889971
>Don't ever buy a console based on E3 ""game footage""
FTFY

Although cancellations and ports to other platforms you may prefer are other risks too.
>>
>>341887241
go back playing your vaporware games pcuck
>>
File: 1444799775110.jpg (1 MB, 1422x1422) Image search: [Google]
1444799775110.jpg
1 MB, 1422x1422
>>341889535
>Nioh
>evidence

At the recent PlayStation Experience event in San Francisco, CA, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) and KOEI TECMO America announced that Nioh, a dark, samurai-centric action RPG, will be coming to the west exclusively for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Nioh has been in development under the direction of Kou Shibusawa, Hisashi Koinuma, and Team NINJA.

In Nioh, players will traverse war-torn Japan as William, a blonde-haired swordsman whose background as a fierce warrior and seasoned knowledge of the blade allows him to survive in the demon-plagued land of the samurai. Known as Yokai, these demons inhabit a number of dangerous locations and lie in wait in the shadows to ambush unsuspecting victims. Players will also face off with other samurai in supernatural sword battles and intense, multi-target engagements offering a level of difficulty that will truly test even the most hardened samurai’s skills, patience, and strategy.

Offering a deep and original storyline that takes place during the Warring States Period of Japanese history alongside strategic sword-fighting action, Nioh will challenge players in a way that makes every mission and accomplishment feel earned and worthwhile. More information on this comprehensive, action-packed RPG experience will be released in the coming months.
http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/news/77039/WESTERN-RELEASE-OF-NIOH-CONFIRMED----EXCLUSIVE-TO-PLAYSTATION%C2%AE4/
>>
>>341889767
>>341890103

He's right though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssD3wf5Kp9M

12 minute mark

It's square in the end so there's a high chance you sonycucks are gonna get cucked again.
>>
>>341890808
You know what other game by KT had a KT press release saying a game was PS4 exclusive? Dragon Ques Heroes.

KT are proven fucking liars. The game was showcased by sony at PSX, and it had none of Sony's official exclusivity labels. And these labels have been missing from literally all of the promotional materials. Why would Sony not take advantage of marketing an exclusive as an exclusive?

Get fucked.

By the way, please go ahead and screencap these posts. I want to laugh at your pathetic consolecuck expense in a year or so.
>>
>>341890813
Fuck off
>>
>>341891109
>t. buttravaged sonygger
>>
>>341887512

>being a nigger

Stay your black ass on PS4

MASTER
RACE
>>
>>341891094
>You know what other game by KT had a KT press release saying a game was PS4 exclusive? Dragon Ques Heroes.
prove :)
>>
>>341887512

How is it shit when most of those games are on PC, and run better?
>>
>>341887241
It's not even worth buying for multiplats IMO. Just wait a year or two, the console is only 2 years old.
>>
File: 1466273683840.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1466273683840.webm
3 MB, 960x540
it's always been worth it to buy a console for the exclusives. Last gen, half the good games (that were multiplats even) never came out for PC at all. Like Red Dead Redemption
>>
>>341891489
This shit never fails to be retarded.
>Let's go into a criminal infested area with barely any cover
>>
>>341891687
You can play it like whack-a-mole if you want to be boring. No one is stopping you.
>>
>>341887769
U forgot Abzu
>>
>>341891489
Does it really need the huge red lines pointing to where you're being shot from?
>>
>>341891427
I was writing down games I'd want to play on the PS3 (since I recently bought one) and I was able to easily remember 30+ titles without searching on the internet or anything like that, just games I remembered thinking were good. Later, I tried to do the same to PS4/Bone to see if they were worth it, but I couldn't even remember 10 titles. So it IS worth waiting, at least to me.
>>
>>341891270
Just google "Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 exclusive" for a fuckload of sites quoting the DQH western press release. Don't expect to be spoonfed.
>>
>>341891094
>Dragon Quest Heroes
>KT
>>
>>341892036
Also, most games I want to play on PS4/One are also on PS3.
>>
>>341889138
he's right
>>
>>341892105
Developed by Koei Tecmo. What's your point? You do know that Omega Force is an internal KT studio, right?
>>
>>341892075
>had a KT press release
koei tecmo doesn't make press releases of square enix's games

>press release
this is the official and only press release (maybe you don't know what press release is anyway):

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/254908/Gear_up_for_battle_in_new_DRAGON_QUEST_HEROES_The_WorldTrees_Woe_and_the_Blight_Below_trailer.php

point out where it says what you think it does :)
>>
File: HUD off.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HUD off.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>341892017
you can turn them off if it's such a big deal to you
>>
>>341892356
Fair enough. I legitimately thought the exclusivity announcement was made by KT, but no, it was made by Square. I don't know whether or not it was a press release, but Square officially announced it nonetheless.

As for NiOh, I don't even give a shit about the "track record". The fact that none of the promotional materials advertise exclusivity, and that the recent trailer only says "exclusive" with regards to the demo itself, are more than enough red flags.

Check out the promo materials for any actual exclusive and you'll see the "Only on Playstation" clips in every trailer and the logo on the game box.

If they're reluctant to advertise its exclusivity (as with Nier) then it's not an exclusive. Screencap this.
>>
Exclusives only is a 50/50 purchase. I got one but will play Resi 6 etc. on it. I say etc because I think that's the only multiplayer I want for it.

There's a bunch of average stuff to keep you going. Reminds me of the PS2 in that way. The only great exclusive is bloodbornd so far which is a bit short.

I really want to play Grab Turismo, probably God of War, The Last Guardian perhaps and will grab others when they're cheaper.

If it's your only platform then it's 100% the best. If it's just for exclusives then no. I find Uncharted feels shit, is paced poorly and the same is true for TLOU, although it's more refined. Would strongly recommend against them.
>>
I'm mostly PC gamer but I recently bought a PS4 on a whim, really enjoying the exclusives and quite a few to look forward too.
>>
>>341892707
I Guess I win and my job is done.
Do your best in your port prayers, I wish you
good luck on having them heard.
:)
>>
>>341893171
You win that point, yes.
>port prayers
Sorry anon, I am idort. I really don't give a shit if these games are exclusive beyond the shittier graphics and lost flexibility. I don't have any problems with buying a PS4 when and only when it stops being shit with no games. That's what I did with the PS3, after all.
>>
>>341888943
It's coming to Xbone where the sales will be an abysmal <20K worldwide.
>>
>>341891489
Not right now unfortunately. My PS4 collects dust. It looks like there may be a decent library some time next year, but I keep saying that after every E3.
>>
>>341893370
Maybe. That it's coming to at least one more non-Sony platform is guaranteed. Whether that'll be the PC, Xbox or NX is another story.
>>
>>341891687
It is in a prison, so yeah.
>>
>>341893554
>PC
Keep on dreaming, lad.
Unless Microsoft is actually footing the bill and putting it on Xbone, there's no fucking way you'll get it.
Why can't you be content with getting 1/3rd of all the console exclusives from now on?
Do you really need everything on PC?
>>
>>341889971
PS4 Neo isn't going to do jack shit unless you have a 4K TV.

Graphics wise, games are going to look exactly the same. Only difference will be the 4x resolution.
>>
>>341893827
What the fuck are you talking about? Where did I express preference for any of these platforms?

If the game really is PS4 exclusive then that's fine by me. I want reasons to buy one because I am not a poorfag and I enjoy buying consoles, but right now it has no fucking games that aren't multiplats. I already got it once and returned it out of buyer's remorse.

If Sony gets its head out of its ass and starts funding GOOD exclusives (one of them might as well be Nier) instead of cinematic bullshit like, say, God of War, then I'd just buy a Neo and also enjoy PS VR.

Not everyone is a poorfag like you, anon.
>>
>>341893921
Neo would give it the power to do split screen, stereoscopic 3D, 60fps and 4K with most games
>>
>>341894439
>60FPS
Please let this be the case. I want every single PS Neo game to be 60 FPS for the duration of its lifespan (at the very, very least 3 years until the next PS revision).
>>
File: DatFeelWhenBestgames.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
DatFeelWhenBestgames.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>341887241
Yeah we got lots of gaems.

Also i don't know any one who doesn't at least have the
PC + PS4 + 3DS/2DS combo by now.
What took you so long?
>>
File: 1fryh3.jpg (4 KB, 167x175) Image search: [Google]
1fryh3.jpg
4 KB, 167x175
>>341888943
>N-nier will come to ps4!

>Still waiting for drakengard 3 in 2016.

Sure, anon.
>>
>>341894439

>barely a hardware upgrade, processor is only .5GHz faster than the base model

keep deluding yourself friendo
>>
>>341894439
It'll run the same games original PS4 does only at 4K resolution. That's it.

It'll have the same features, etc...
>>
>>341891489
The animations are so fluid, it always amuses me when people exaggerate the "movie" segments, cause the gun play and animations are so well done. the online is fucking amazing.
>>
>>341887769
Where is persona 5?
>>
>>341887241
Depends. If you are dudebro - buy now. If you are weeb - wait till end of the year
>>
>>341887241
wait for Neo by then all the good games would have released 70-80% of the shit shills write down are gonna be released next year so unless you have title that you REALLY want the base ps4 is a waste
>>
>>341896612

>PS4 has more weeb games than dudebro shit

why the fuck would you wait
>>
File: 1344329530743.jpg (119 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
1344329530743.jpg
119 KB, 777x656
>>341887241
>not having both

LMAOing at your life senpai

Like seriously I've never bought a console that hasn't lasted a decade all while keeping my PC updated for the rare occasion something comes out that instead early access trash.
>>
>>341887241
consoles havent been worth it for over a decade, the ps1 era was the last good generation

in b4 hate and butthurt for not including the ps2, which was a good console, but part of a shitty generation and the beginning of the downfall of console quality
>>
>>341887241
>They are saying to me this greatness awaits bullshit

So your friends are unironically trying to convince you to buy a PS4 by reciting the slogan? Get better friends.
>>
>>341887241
>They are saying to me this greatness awaits bullshit
They are literally, actually shilling products at you
Get friends who aren't marketers
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.