[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo 3DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 739x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 739x550
Can we have a thread about the 3DS/2DS? I think I'm going to pick one of them up tonight and I'd like to know if there are any must-have games to get with it?

I think GameStop has a bundle with Yo-Kai Watch for like 70/80 bucks or something. How is that game anyways?

General 3DS Discussion thread please
>>
hack it as soon as you get it
>>
>asking 3ds game recs on /v/
>listing their prices

If you aren't into piracy then you shouldn't really be asking this here.
>>
File: carts.jpg (350 KB, 1260x836) Image search: [Google]
carts.jpg
350 KB, 1260x836
>>341886542
Bravely Default & Bravely Second
FE: Awakening and FE: Fates
TLoZ ALBTW, MM, OoT3D, don't bother with TFH
MH4U
Pokemon games (get XY over ORAS)
also, entire DS library

>>341886768
like this guy says, hack it, a9lh it, get DS flashcart (or wait for working DS emulation) and enjoy both DS and 3DS libraries
>>
Why the fuck is everything so expensive for the DS?

Thinking of picking one up to compliment my Vita for jrpg's, but god damn everything is like 10% less than full price even used.

Is it Nintendo zealot tax?
>>
>>341886542
Yokai watch is knockoff pokemon. Hack the 3ds once you get it, you'll find something you'll enjoy playing.
>>
>>341886768
I assume it's not a difficult process but doesn't that fuck you over for updates? Is it a different set of steps for the 3DS vs the 2DS? Are there other benefits besides just getting access to the game libraries? I haven't owned a handheld in a while, so forgive my ignorance
>>
>>341888502
Nope, your CFW will have all the functions of a regular 3DS. Can play online and update games just fine, even download games from Nintendo's servers because their whole ticket system is fucking retarded.
>>
>>341889042
Huh, neat. I will definitely check it out then, thanks for the notice.

What's the probability that I just fuck it up and brick the whole thing though? I always worry about that stuff
>>
How cheap are 2ds these days?
>>
>>341889323
Bricking is basically down to just user error at this point. As long as you follow this guide carefully you shouldn't brick. Be warned it's a 4-5 hour process cause you have to make a fuckton of backups.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

>>341889417
I think like 80 bucks bundled with a game? I got a refurbished 2DS for 68 bucks but that's kind of dangerous for hacking because they could be updated to the latest firmware (can't downgrade on those).
>>
>>341889323
basically, you can only brick your system if you purposefully use files for other regions' DSs, like PAL if you're NTSC
Everything you need to know is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/
Check the guide on top.
If you fuck up something and it's not the above, it's usually just a soft brick, which is fixable but requires updating the console, so no more CFW for you.
>>
>>341889652
>>341889697
Cool, I've got some time next week that would be good for figuring all this stuff out. Thanks again, all. I'm looking forward to handheld gaming again
>>
any of you anons have a spare demo code for monster hunter generations?
>>
File: 1457170341860.jpg (119 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1457170341860.jpg
119 KB, 800x600
>>341886542
>>341886768
>>341887634
>>341889697
I'm going to get a n3dsxl next month and I've been looking into hacking it.
I've found dozens of tutorials so far, but what I haven't found yet are pros and cons or a good explanation of what really hacking a 3ds means. Is it just installing another OS? Is it dual booting? Flashing?

So if someone could answer my stupid questions it would be nice and I'd let you kiss me on the cheek:
>If I hack my 3ds:
1- Will I be able to play physical 3ds games?
2- Will I be able to buy and play digital 3ds games?
3- What noticeable difference would there be between me and my friend (Who hasn't hacked his 3ds)
4- Will I be able to go back?
5- Why would I want to go back?
>>
I heard Mr. PeanutButter Guy Adventures is good
>>
>>341892071
>>
>>341892071

It allows you to run CFW on top of original 3DS firmware

CFW patches out signature checks, so you can install custom .cia files - homebrew, roms, etc.
it also patches out region checks (which allows regionfree gaming), nintendo fixes for flashcarts (which allows you to use old DS flashcards that were "banned" by nintendo)

basically it allows you to pirate shit, and use custom software (save editors, emulators, cheats, etc.)
>>
>>341892071
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Region free, emulators, VC injects so you can play games not on the eshop, pirated games, custom themes, romhacks and translations, wifi streaming, can take screenshots anywhere, save editors and other various homebrew shit
4. Yes
5. I don't see why you would want to.
>>
File: 1460752021479.gif (529 KB, 315x572) Image search: [Google]
1460752021479.gif
529 KB, 315x572
>>341892321
I don't want to know the difference between device models, system versions, custom firmware or SD card information. I'll want to know that once I'm convinced that hacking is the thing I want to do. I'm not asking how.

>>341892504
>emulators
now there's a reason

>>341892646
So hacking it will basically make the 3ds able to do more shit.
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>341893407
>>emulators
>now there's a reason
don't get too excited, there are better platforms for running emulators on-the-go

I mean, ffs, even PSP handles them better than 3DS
If we could get CFW (real cfw, not the hacks we have now) for Vita, that would be perfect emulator platform.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.