[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dreamfall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Episode 5 was the best out of the bunch and managed to wrap up all important plot points from the previous game.

The first 3 were muddled by filler content and le progressive shit. But as a long-time series fan I'm actually pretty amazed by how well everything was handled in this episode after some of the SJW shit in previous eps. The only thing I don't buy is Westhouse being so fucked in the head of his own accord, and that he was the one controlling the Undreaming for the most part and not the other way around.

>that april and crow's reunion
>that ending scene
>world reunification wasn't retconned after all
>Zoe's mom's plan finally explained, and Faith's existence now makes much more sense
>you can also tell most of the plot points were planned all along even when Dreamfall was made and almost nothing appears out of the blue
>>
>>341865889
>five years later
FUCK YOU TOURNEQUIST
>>
>>341865889
Is that a nigger baby in her belly?
>>
>>341865889
I'm seriously pissed with all that Saga's bullshit in last episode. She's literally, LITERALLY a deus ex machina. And that fucking timeskip without war in Sadir and everything is just a bulshit writting.
>>
>>341867116

Is it any more weird than telling April what to do in the first game? She also literally said "it's all been written and couldn't be changed" in TLJ, in the same scene. It's not new.
>>
looks like shit just like all point and click
>>
>>341866719
of course
>>
>>341867343

It's not point&click anymore, it's barely interactive cinematic shit at this point
>>
>>341867343
Thank you for your most valuable opinion.
>>
File: april.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
april.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
>that ridiculous amount of post-processing
>>
>>341867994
Well, have to make sure to make it flashy when your game is shit
>>
>>341865889
>The first 3 were muddled by filler content
I still have yet to get through episode 2 because of this fucking shit. I JUST WANT TO PLAY MORE DREAMFALL NOT LISTEN TO BORING SHIT AAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>341865889
>loading screens out Tornquist ass
>so few puzzles might as well not be there
>tiny ass maps with terrible performance
>fucking choices and consequences without affecting story outcome
>shit story pacing (from running around for several hours to loading screen a minute)

They probably blew all their money they got from kikestarter on creating small maps of Europolis and Mercuria before realising they still needed to make game function (instead of blaming it on Unity for being a terrible engine) as well as write story, world exploration, puzzles etc.

Book 4 was probably best out of all released episodes, but it still was a barely interactive cinematic experience.

>tfw nobody will make games like Last Express anymore
>>
>>341870031
They still blamed it all on Unity
>>
>>341870031

You're right on all accounts, but I never expected much from its gameplay or technical side, I'm just glad the story is over.

>fucking choices and consequences without affecting story outcome

When have they ever, I figured it'd be like that from the start.

Purists can always just pretend Dreamfall never happened and TLJ was the only game in the series, I guess. For a while I did it myself, but for the most part I like how Chapters ended. But for the reasons you listed I'd never recommend playing anything but TLJ to others, you'd have to be a fan to overlook those issues.
>>
>>341865889
PORK SAUSAGES
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.