[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUDE NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR: A BRAVE NEW WORLD LMAO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: We_Happy_Few_logo.jpg (84 KB, 860x514) Image search: [Google]
We_Happy_Few_logo.jpg
84 KB, 860x514
DUDE

NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR: A BRAVE NEW WORLD

LMAO
>>
WE BIOSHOCK NAO
>>
Not just that, but instantly having you outed is incredibly boring and removes the tension.
>>
>implying we don't already live in a subtle hybrid of 1984 and BNW
>>
we shitty early access roguelike survival crafting now
>>
>>341853746
The problem they're gonna have with this is that they can't make it both good at telling what it wants to tell and be a good game.

The parts that are good at telling what it wants to tell are going to be non-interactive, or literal Pay F to Pay Respects & But Thou Must tier, while I don't even know what gameplay they could really implement, and it's not going to be able to really convey their premise, whatever it is.
>>
>>341854572
They could just make a good text adventure then.

Oh, wait, we need to be like all the cool AAA games, sorry.
>>
>>341854663
Yeah, this is basically going to be Machine For Pigs again.

The story Machine For Pigs wanted to tell couldn't really be told through gameplay, so you just got gameplay that got you from Exposition to Exposition, and the whole premise of the thing they wanted to tell was an existential dread that anyone intellectual enough to contemplate it already understood and was aware of, and everyone that wasn't, was not going to get it from their game either cause the implications of it that make it uncomfortable associated with it go straight over their head.
>>
>>341853746
>wahhaaaa it's not about muh glorious American army killing everyone abloblobloooo
>>
>>341853989
I feel the same way. A game that's all about putting on a happy mask and hiding from your troubles should've had a gameplay mechanic where you have to keep up appearances while simultaneous sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.
>>
>not wanting new things
go back to CoD or something
>>
>>341853821
Well good, someone should be Bioshock.
>>
>>341853746
Is there a Twilight Zone episode with this theme? It feels eerily familiar.
>>
>>341855457
It actually does, though. You gotta take joy if people become suspicious unless you want guards on your ass. There's been gameplay vids for like a year now
>>
>>341855086
>>341855578

You can't possibly get any more edgy than having a game set in a 1984/BNW-esque universe.

Pro-American military games aren't any better, but they aren't worse.
>>
It's reminding me a lot of The Ship with that art style and the 'in plain view' stealth.

Just hope the randomised levels hold up well. "limitless replayability" isn't much good if they crap the first time.
>>
>>341853746
You're forgetting which age group is the TA for video games.
>>
>procedurally generated world and crafting focused game
oh boy
>>
I remember this game being posted on /v/ back when it was just a procedurally generated hide and seek simulator.
Kinda disappointed to see it turn into this.
>>
>>341855457
I think you can fool people.
The outfits you find has a compatibility (or something) score, so you don't stand out.
>>
>>341853746
Looks like the sequel to Bioshock Infinite
>>
>>341855707
>There's been gameplay vids for like a year now

Son of a bitch, you're right. E3 was the first time I heard about the game.
>>
Looks boring as shit tbqh senpai. Combat needs to be reworked, when you hit a character with a weapon they barely even flinch.
>>
Do people really think this art style looks nice?
>>
>>341858238
Yes
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.