[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? Game looks like shit imo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 11
File: Ck7G9LyWYAADWwn.jpg large.png (2 MB, 837x1043) Image search: [Google]
Ck7G9LyWYAADWwn.jpg large.png
2 MB, 837x1043
Thoughts? Game looks like shit imo
>>
>>341852053
It looks kind of okay
I'll pick it up on sale at some point maybe, but not a day 1 buy or anything.
>>
Looks like farcry with mechas. Not a big fan of it and it will probably be short as fuck, so I'll wait for 15-20$
>>
>>341852118
This. It looks alright, it doesn't look like shit but it also doesn't look like anything special.
>>
>>341852053
Then why the hell do you want to make a thread about it?
>>
Looks unimpressive. Not quite shit, but clearly trying to present itself as something much more than it is.
>>
>>341852053
One of the better looking games shown at e3.
Mostly because it actually showed gameplay rather than a cinematic trailer.
>>
File: 5785765.jpg (36 KB, 626x352) Image search: [Google]
5785765.jpg
36 KB, 626x352
>>341852053
do you think you can neural queue with bigger robosaurs?
>>
>>341852053
What's this, sci-fi MH?
>>
>>341852053
That's not the new Zelda.
>>
>>341852136
Are you a fucking retard? How does it look at all like Far Cry and what AAA open world RPG is short?
>>
>>341852053
Looks great.
>>
>>341852732
It's literally far cry primal in third person with mechadinos instead of normal animals. Also 10 hours isn't long for a game, maybe for western trash.
>>
>>341852053
>900p
>30fps with slowdowns
>already downgraded
>it will look and run worse on release
yeah, no thanks
>>
>>341852053
looks okay but I can see the arrow changing system getting annoying, also I'm slightly concerned about the performance
>>
>>341852965
????

Are PS4 haters all this retarded?
>>
>>341853083
>haters

wew lad.
>>
>>341852664
hoo boy here we go
>>
>>341853083
Why the fuck would I hate a system because one game looks like a farcry reskin? Infact I own a PS4.
>>
It feels to derivative of Western game design tropes, which will ultimately make the game less appealing in the long term. The concept is great, but the storyline execution feels like its trying to be an emotional empowerment adventure that the main character overcomes, which is yet another Western game trope. It feels inherently unoriginal despite having a somewhat original conceptual basis.
>>
>>341853134
That's clearly what it is. I bet all you faggots think Zelda looks good, huh? You all love your little PS4 no gaem meme XD

>>341853136
What?

>>341853146
The only people that think this doesn't look amazing are people that don't own a PS4 because they're too afraid of what /v/ will say about them if they did own one.
>>
>>341853083
>points out flaws in a ps4 game
>y-y-y-y-you're j-j-j-just a h-h-hater
oh please
>>
>>341853546
Okay you can stop falseflagging now. Your shitposting is too obvious at your point.
>>
>>341853504
>emotional empowerment
I guarantee if the protag had a cock this wouldn't even occur to you.
>>
>>341852053
I think it looks pretty cool 2bh but i can't shake the feeling that even with all the potential they've got to work with it could turn out to feel disappointingly bland
>>
>>341853620
It still would, but let's face it, alot of this game's story execution is banking on the fact that the main character is a girl. Also, you should probably refrain from strawmans.
>>
>>341853504
>but the storyline execution feels like its trying to be an emotional

If you watched Geurillas demo stream today and looked more into the game beyond skimming trailers, they go in depth into the gameplay and explain the story. You spent a lot of your time alone in the world and the story is focused around the machines and discovering their secrets
>>
>>341852053
What would be the point of building robot dinosores in the first place? what role did they perform when they were first created?
>>
>>341853581
How are either of those flaws of a game?

This game looks nothing like Far Cry and no one knows how long the game will be. Anon is just a retard.
>>
>>341853876
play the game and find out?
>>
>>341853967
10 hours long open world game is pretty bad
>>
>>341854191
You don't think an open world game only being 10 hours is bad?
This world is going to either be really empty or really small.
That's not a good thing.
Why are you acting like this?
Are you retarded?
I think you're retarded.
>>
I feel like the open world would just detract from the experience. I'd rather have MonHun style missions.
>>
>>341853709
>It still would, but let's face it, alot of this game's story execution is banking on the fact that the main character is a girl.

How ? We don't even know that much about the story yet.
>>
Probably the game I'm least excited about and fucking Watch Dogs 2 is coming out for some reason.

Maybe when it's a fiver I might get it. Better than the first WD got to be fair.
>>
>>341853876
Gonna spoil the whole plot line for you.

Humans realize they're polluting at an environmentally unsustainable rate.
They construct an AI to calculate a sustainable solution
The AI does it's job but the only solution it comes up with is that human's themselves are the problem, they have to be sent back to the stone age or they ain't gonna stop ruining the planet.
AI takes over every electronic device on the planet that it can access.
It uses the military might that it commandeers to destroy all human settlements and industry.
Robo dinos are there to make sure that humans never rebuild and start polluting again

Wait, that's the plot to Metal Max
>>
>>341854989
That's a retarded plot, but if it wasn't open world the game looks playable.
>>
It looks too good for a new IP, the budget must have gone all to thw graphic aspect and the animations, I'm afraid. That and the scripted stuff make me dubious about it, plus the robot stuff it's a stupid idea and tastes of already seen imo, but I hope to be surprised.
>>
Not gonna lie , that redhead is cute.
Gameplay looks like shit though.
>>
>>341853504
tips fedora, damn those western gajins and their gajin games desu.
>>
Not gonna lie, the redhead is a little homely
Gameplay looks good though
>>
Looks like Heavenly Sword.

when will people realize no one likes playing a ginger?
>>
The problem is that the thinking behind this game only went as far as "dude robo dinosaurs in the stone age lmao".
It seems super shallow
>>
>>341852053
looks great
>>
I dont wanna play as some stupid white girl. Its already boring enough to play as a white guy in ganes
>>
Cute Ygritte/Rose Leslie esque wildling archer girl, and she's fighting robot animals in a post apocalyptic earth, great concept.

It looks fun, but I'm a bit cautious on it, optimistic though.
>>
>>341855306
They did a hands-on demo today and it pays exactly like the trailer at E3. All behind closed doors demo players all confirmed it was a stellar game anyway.

The budget was spent on building a special team to make the game, this isn't just a new ip, Sony is doing everything they can to make it a franchise and that starts by making a really good game and it seems they're doing it.
>>
>>341855691
>stone age

There are literally ruined skyscrapers and cities. It's quite clear humans built too many robots and shit and they fucked us over and now we're primitive monkeys again.
>>
>>341856106
lol , sucks to be you.
>>
File: TWDEp2AHD-610.jpg (149 KB, 610x345) Image search: [Google]
TWDEp2AHD-610.jpg
149 KB, 610x345
>>341852053
If this had Zelda on the box you would love it admit it.
>>
>>341856614
Only if it was also Zelda inside the box.
>>
>>341852053
Looks like it has potential, but I'll wait and see. Probably end up buying the inevitable GotY edition in 18 months.
>>
>can't discuss this game here because if this sony hate circlejerk this place has

Fugg
>>
>>341856218
Well, if it plays well then I'm more interested, but still, to create a new franchise marketing is far more important than quality. All these years of high budget games have made me cautious and I prefer not to get too hyped, however I'll give it the benefit of doubt
>>
Only games that interested me were this and Zelda. I dont think I will buy a Ps4 tho
>>
>>341856701
I'm glad it doesn't have Zelda on the box. I think they're two different games trying to do their own thing. I enjoyed Breath of the Wild's gameplay and I enjoyed Horizon's gameplay.

Why can't we all just get along.

You get to play a cute redhead in one and a naked twink boy in the other, everyone wins anon.
>>
So the jelly of good games is real?

You've got enemies that you'll need to fight differently, make use of the environment yet the dinosaurs bust through that concrete barrier like a cardboard box.

The game shows a demo and people are unsatisfied by what exactly? If it's an FPS argument, Neo will boost all that stuff, same with S isn't it?
>>
Looks really nice but I'm going to wait until after it released and watch Youtube videos of it to make sure it's actually good.

Actually I do have a questions there are a few PS4 exclusives I actually want to play but I don't own a PS4 yet. Do you think I should just bite the bullet and get it now or wait until the Neo comes out?
>>
>>341856997
>Why can't we just get along
One is a Sony exclusive, the other a Nintendo one. It's like asking why can't dogs and cats get along
>>
>>341856218
Link to that
>>
>>341857047
Can't this argument be used exactly for BotW? Yet we have people shitposting about that too. It's just people who are going to shitpost no matter what, doesn't matter the platform, the game, etc. They just pop into threads and start shitposting to derail them so they can get some form of person enjoyment out of it because they live sad lives.

Personally the game looks good to me, as did a lot of other games at E3 regardless of the platform.
>>
>>341852053
All aboard the downgrade game.
Way too much grass for a console to render.
>>
Day one buy for me, I don't have any big open world RPG for my PS4 so this and that Skyrim remaster looks perfect. Also, guerilla games have a great art team, I think that was the main reason I bought all those Killzone games.
>>
>>341857340
Name one game from any E3 that was never shitposted about.
>>
Looks great, just wish they'd show more
>>
>>341857432
>Skyrim remaster
Gee, I wonder who's behind this post...
>>
File: 1427744199384.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1427744199384.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
I am not trusting sony to show anything close to the final product.

I am not going to put my faith into a developer to make what looks like like an open world game when they have previously only made loud scripted shooters.
>>
>>341857093
This is why these fucking console “upgrades” are so stupid, it's unnecessary, fucks over the early adopters and just confuses people who might want a console now but are hesitant because they want to see what the new ones are.

Anyway to answer your question I honestly don't know, it seems like the Neo might be taken back and re-worked on after the scorpio. So if you really want one try to find a good deal at least
>>
>>341852053
The Animals/Mechs are some of the most amazing designs in vidja for a while.

However its just a farcry reskin
No interest.
Also tired of goody goody protags.
>>
>>341852053
I'm scared it is going to be similar to a Batman/Mordor style game.
Some other things that scare me are the size of the game, something tells me that it isn't going to be a huge game.
>>
File: 1371753091794.jpg (38 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1371753091794.jpg
38 KB, 268x265
I'm down for monster hunter with robot dinosaurs
>>
File: like-cats-and-dogs2.jpg (36 KB, 590x318) Image search: [Google]
like-cats-and-dogs2.jpg
36 KB, 590x318
>>341857267
They can though.
>>
>>341853709
>alot
>>
>>341852053
should have used real dinosaurs.
>>
>>341857463
That was my point anon, people will shitpost no matter what.
>>
>>341852053
It looks graphically good. That's all that impressed me, honestly.
>>
>>341857732

I'm not sure why you would think this is what it is. Everything about what we have seen screams spectacle game with zero thought put into the actual design. Fully expect the combat to run about Skyrim deep desu.

Great art department though.
>>
>>341857613
Yeah I get ya. I honestly was going to get a PS4 this Black Friday but now I don't even know if I should or not.

At least with the NX Nintendo is saying it's a whole new console and not just a stupid upgrade. I mean Nintendo was stupid with upgrading their handhelds (DS to DSi and 3DS to New 3DS) but outside of a few games (Xenoblade and Hyrule Warrior Legends which runs like shit on the normal 3DS) it doesn't effect anything. With this new consoles who the fuck knows because frame rate issues are all over spectrum.
>>
>>341857564
I'm not a shill if that's what you're implying. I only wanted to buy it because Skyrim wont run on my 2010 laptop, and there are mods available on consoles now.
>>
>>341857959
see>>341857376
>>
Aside from the strong women who don't need no man, the game to me looks great. I just hope it doesn't hold your hand too much and that the bitch doesn't make a comment about every single detail in the game. Devs need to remember that video game is also visual, they need to let us think for ourselves.
>>
Probably just another paint by numbers open world game
>>
Monster Hunter combat gameplay+open world (and it seems pretty good)+nosense sci-fi story+good graphics?

Come on, best game on E3 and probably one of the best of 2017. Nintendrones are on denial with this game cause it shits on Zelda so bad.
>>
>>341857876
basically this

the robo dinos just look weird. like they don't belong anywhere. the parallels between an actual ecosystem with obvious herbivores and predators just doesn't have as much impact because they're shaped like biological organisms.

now, if they behaved like an animal ecosystem but had crazy ass robot designs, that'd capture the fuck out of my attention
>>
Anyone else feel the "wymyn stronk PRAISE DA GODDESS!" stuff was layered just a bit thick?
>>
>>341858367
Are you asking if Alloy was thicc?
>>
File: next gen.jpg (145 KB, 1893x611) Image search: [Google]
next gen.jpg
145 KB, 1893x611
downgrade soon
>>
I love the concept and the design of the world looks great, but listening to the shitty generic voice acting ruin the atmosphere gives me the feeling that the game won't live up to its potential.
>>
>>341858831
best part about this game is that it ran at 30fps on consoles and like 200fps on a mid range pc with equal settings.
>>
>>341853872
>If you watched Geurillas demo stream today
source?
>>
I'm hella bugged by the choice for Aloy's voice actress
rest of that shit looks so cash I might get a ps4 to play it

>>341853029
did you see these info right up your ass where your head is currently shoved?
>>341853709
>a lot of this game's story execution is banking on the fact that the main character is a girl.
like what?
>>
>>341852053
>Game looks like shit imo
>looks like shit
>like shit
>shit

facepalm4K.png
>>
Game looks alright. But I hope there's more to combat than what they showed at E3.
I'm getting a little tired of bow and arrow action to be quite honest family.
>>
>>341857290
Check geurillas twitch. It lags for the first 2 minutes or so and they mention firing the IT guy.

They also showcase the meele combat too which is good.
>>
>>341859058

twitc h tv/guerrilla/profile

The latest video, it lags abit at first
>>
File: 1465103574396.gif (128 KB, 322x438) Image search: [Google]
1465103574396.gif
128 KB, 322x438
I'm okay with it. As long as the reviews are decent, I'll be picking it up.

ALOY IS A FUCKING ROBOT
>>
Looks ok nothing special and its a ps4 exclusive so i don't really care
>>
>>341852483
Why didn't they show that fight a the press conference, that looks much more exciting then going after that drone
>>
>>341853029
We're not talking about Zelda here
>>
>>341852053
I was genuninelly hyped for this until I saw Zelda.
>>
>>341852053
it looks amazing. its mu most anticipated game.
>>
>>341852053
looks and feels like a casual dudebro shooter, with some far cry elements.
I'll take a pass.
>>
>>341857876
You can't shoot a T-Rex's shoulder so that it drops a rocket launcher that you can pick up and use.
>>
File: Drones.jpg (100 KB, 519x808) Image search: [Google]
Drones.jpg
100 KB, 519x808
>It's another ''nintendrone shits on one of the good PS4 games coming out to make himself feel better about his one rehash of a rehash of a rehash''

Pure cancer.
>>
File: 1463588878213.jpg (47 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1463588878213.jpg
47 KB, 454x453
>>341862694
>>341856614
>>341853546

>only ever owned PC and sony systems
>never owned a nintendo console in my life
>say something critical about a PS4 game
>get a bunch of responses rambling about Nintendo

Every time
>>
>>341852053
Looks awesome, hoping the graphics won't be nerfed LIKE ZELDA

Oooohhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>341862490
because that's from e3 2015
>>
>>341852053
I don't know. So far they didn't show anything interesting. Game can be your another boring open world game where open world is empty and pointless and only make you grind shit for hours. Zelda looked much more intersting because of all interactions with the world.
>>
>>341852053
It looks ok. It was my most hyped game at last year's e3. But now it doesn't look that special to me anymore.

She talks too much to the point that I'd want to play in mute. At least if she kept talking to herself like a crazy person they should have made her a Qt like Lara.
>>
Protag personality is shit "I don't run when lives are at stake" but game itself looks beautiful and has an original setting for once.
>>
>>341863918
That's the Batman's personality
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.