[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The six month delay on P5 in the west coupled with the lack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 18
File: 2848828-p5clean.jpg (160 KB, 545x640) Image search: [Google]
2848828-p5clean.jpg
160 KB, 545x640
>The six month delay on P5 in the west coupled with the lack of dual audio has dampened my hype for that game significantly to the point where I might just skip it altogether. Asking people to pay extra for audio that already exists is a scummy move, especially when so many other companies - smaller ones - do it for free. It would be naive of me to say that dual audio doesn't take much work. I'm sure it does take work but it's not the monumental task that Atlus would like us to believe it is either.

Do you agree with him?
>>
Persona games are fucking awful. The fact that you care so much about voices just shows there's nothing to like about the gameplay.
>>
>>341844287
He's right.
Atlus US and JP blew their chance to make it big time world wide.
>>
>>341844287
Dude. this guy needs to just play the fucking game. The people who write this sort of shit and fantasize so much about sub vs dub garbage are helpless. If you really want to play a nip game in original language then just learn the language.
>>
>>341844573
>>341845004
why is it bad to want to watch/play something in its original language instead of soulless dubs?
also english isnt even my first language, really tired of burgers forcing their shit down everyone's throat
>>
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>341845204
Turn the voices off then you faggot. Your game sucks and you know it, which is why you care about the voices so much. Because Persona games are just interactive anime.
>>
File: 1453093730319.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453093730319.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1080
I agree that the big delay has made the hype go down. I don't agree about the dual audio. Naturally it would be nice to see as an option, but considering Atlus' track record I don't see how it should be expected. Persona 3 and 4 didn't have dual audio to my knowledge so expecting it to suddenly appear for the fifth game and especially getting so annoyed by it not doing so to skip the game is fucking stupid. And it would be a decent amount of work to do. Not massive, like whoever said that, but still some work that doesn't really need to be done. The amount of sales they'd get probably wouldn't justify it if I had to guess. Now, if they ask for money for a dual audio "DLC" or something then sure that's a bit gross. But being upset by not having dual audio in a series where it hasn't existed in the last two games is silly. It would naturally be nice to have it, but skipping a game because it doesn't? That's really stupid.

If you really want to hear it in the original version then import it. If you don't like the English VAs then there typically is an option to turn off voiced dialogue. Not having dual audio though is a pretty silly reason to skip the game altogether.
>>
>>341845343
huh, no? VAs are really important as in anything audio related
its really important especially in an RPG where the plot matters and you want to understand how the characters feel
bad VAs (english dub) hinders my immersion a lot by being awful and emotionless

do you not hear the emotions in people 's voices even when you dont understand the language? might wanna check to the nearest doctor for any mental illness
>>
>>341845204
It is obvious that you already devote your life to Chinese cartoons so just learn the language.
Then you can internationally ship and get your game earlier and not have to write monologues about your frustration with Western localization.
Since I'm normal I will just buy the game in English and enjoy it that way since I don't really care.
>>
>>341845570
wow, how did rpgs exist before voice acting?

retard
>>
>>341845618
why all the assumptions friend?
>>
>>341844573
you're not wrong. 3/4 were a fun little novelty for their time, but the core mechanics are nothing to write home about. I might play it eventually, but my hype is pretty much in the gutter.
>>
>>341845730
old games are what they are, old and outdated, irrelevant nowadays

why do you think every rpg now has VA?
>>
>>341845618
>>341845730
>>341845343
Pretty clear that Atlus US hires shills to shitpost people who want dual audio hre
>>
>>341845819
fatluses are so dumb dude
>LOL UR A WEEB IF YOU WANT DUAL AUDIO!
>listens to actual weeb dub, with honorifics

i dont get it
>>
>>341845809
>old games are what they are, old and outdated, irrelevant nowadays
Go to bed kid.

It's hilarious how you dumb fucks who cling to your dumb japanese audio claim people who don't care can't read subtitles, when you are proving you can't even understand emotion and meaning in text unless it is spoken.
>>
>>341845860
im guessing you're out of an argument and were just shitposting all along? my bad, good friend
>>
I'm disappointed you play as high schoolers again.
>>
>>341844287
Wasn't planning on buying it day 1 anyways so the delays don't bother me. I STILL have to play all the SMT games including P3 & 4.
>>
>>341845819
Yeah I'm an Atlus shill, that's why I am saying Persona is a bad game.
>>
Persona 4 and all its spin off games have higher sales in the west than in Japan and yet Atlus doesn't even seem to acknowledge it. No dual audio is bad but the no world wide release is retarded.
>>
>>341845930
irrelevant, you're being a fatlus apologist and saying i should turn off voices or gobble up their shit dub, well no sir i intend on playing the game the way its meant to be played so i will keep complaining until fatlus gets on the same level as literally every other jrpg dev nowadays
you're free to get triggered at people wanting a decent product for their money instead of shit, but dont complain when people call you out on it
>>
>>341846223
>i intend on playing the game the way its meant to be played
Then learn Japanese.

Oh wait, you are too stupid. That's why you cry on imageboards that some company doesn't do what you want. You'll buy the game anyway.

P.S Persona is garbage
>>
>>341846319
>why dont you learn english/italian/spanish so you can watch those foreign movies?????

ok
>>
>>341844287
>no trailer during sony conference
>e3 trailer wasn't even dubbed
>dual audio debate has overshadowed anything else regarding the game
I don't remember the last time my excitement for a game has deflated so much. What the fuck is Atlus even doing?
>>
>>341845958
This. Given the general theme of the game is emancipation and breaking the chains of society or whatever it might have been cool to be some shmuck working in an office or just working a job in general.

They could still do Slinks in a similar fashion and havethe place you work at similar to the school and let you roam around.

At this point I think they're only sticking with hs because nips seem to have a hardon for that setting.
>>
>>341846403
You said you want to watch/play them as it is meant to be watched/played.

The director did not create the movie with the intent every viewer would be reading subtitles.
The director of Persona 5 doesn't even know english.

Go learn the language and you'll never have to care what Atlus USA does. Till then, stop crying.

don't forget the game is shit and you'll buy it anyway.
>>
>>341844287
no, literally everything I've seen looks solid, they've brought back the best features of 1/2, kept the features of 3/4 that made them as big as what they are and refined them, and improved the series as a whole by ditching random dungeons. partner that with the whole game just looking incredible with all the aesthetic choices I haven't been this excited for a long time. but I'm patient too, so it can come when it wants to
>>
>>341846636
hum, why are you arguing about a game you dont like? why are you telling people who enjoy something that what they like is bad? do you do that in real life to your friends too?
are you insane?
>>
>>341846767
im guessing you're out of an argument and were just shitposting all along? my bad, good friend
>>
>>341845879
That's how all the previous games have been though. Did you play through P3/P4 in Japanese? Persona is literally the only real "nip" RPG game I have played so this dual audio stuff means nothing to me. I don't really care about it and you probably shouldn't either.

>>341846403
The game is being provided to you in a language that you understand though, unlike your typical foreign film. Why are you crying.
>>
>>341845819

He speaks the truth though. If you like Japanese games and the original voices that much, just learn Nip. I did, and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made.
>>
>>341846767
Stop responding to him, dumbass. He's just shitposting.
>>
>>341846636
>go learn an entire language! dont forget to import the game and get raped by customs!
perfect plan
>>
>>341846882

>dont forget to import the game and get raped by customs!

What? Not that guy, but I've never had an issue with customs. What are you on about?
>>
>>341846846
i played them undubbed yes

>>341846857
you're right, im just too willing on giving them the benefit of the doubt

this thread was just shitpost bait to begin with i suppose
>>
>>341846882
>cry on an imageboard where employees of Atlus won't read your complaints
perfect plan
>>
>>341846963
you're not from EU then, i usually pay 100+ when i import shit
>>
>JP VA
>is paid a shitton, the more famous ones are basically huge stars

>burger VA
>nobodies except like 3 or 4 that are a bit more renown, paid a peanut

hmmm... i wonder which is better quality....
>>
>>341847030

>you're not from EU then, i usually pay 100+ when i import shit

Fucking hell. No, I live in America and pay 10 dollars shipping, give or take. Sorry EU bro.
>>
File: 1465953532183.png (136 KB, 284x269) Image search: [Google]
1465953532183.png
136 KB, 284x269
>"soulless dubs"
>"bad VAs (english dub)"
>"awful and emotionless"
Yet none of these have heard a bit of the P5 dub.

Keep going, retards
>>
>>341847158
it'll be bad, as every single other jprg dub except FFXII and Xenoblade has been, but those were good because they were done by brits
it'll also have the cringey honorifics
>>
File: 1460407050897.jpg (46 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1460407050897.jpg
46 KB, 569x802
>>341847127
>fame means talent
>>
>>341847209
Don't like it? Learn Japanese.
>>
>>341846965
>i played them undubbed yes
So then find a way to do it this time around :). Luckily I don't think you are the majority of the demographic
>>
>>341847158
I would agree if Atlus USA didn't already have a terrible track record.
>>
JOONPEY KOON
YOOKAHREE CHAWN

>people think this is ok
LOL
>>
>>341846679
what features?

and they scrapped the s links, the only distinguishing thing in 3/4. (good riddance btw)

any interesting mechanics from 2 don't seem to be present in this.

>aesthetic chioices

they're simply that: pretty visuals

the series has always been style over substance
>>
>>341847209
God damn do I hate the fucking honorifics.
>>
File: dogg.jpg (973 KB, 1956x2403) Image search: [Google]
dogg.jpg
973 KB, 1956x2403
>game has a history of good quality dubs and no dual audio
>new entry is released with no dual audio but presumably a similar quality of dub
>people are somehow surprised and go apeshit
This is some of the most confusing shit I've seen on /v/ in a while
>>
>>341847158
Where's the pic with the waiter shitting on the plate?
>>
>>341847298
>game has a history of good quality dubs
Nice joke. I'll be playing the game on the JP release, but I feel bad for western cucks.

Not so much when they're sitting around crying on an imageboard, but still.
>>
>>341847258
Why should he? There's clearly a market for people who want subs with original VA, there's no reason not to put in dual audio. So far the only reasons given ammount to just spite.
>>
File: 1465721778946.jpg (15 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1465721778946.jpg
15 KB, 320x320
>tfw gonna fumble through the JP version
Dubs or subs, I don't give a fuck. I'm not waiting a further 5 months for this shit.
>>
>>341847258
nope, and ill keep complaining and you'll keep getting triggered my nu male friend

>>341847262
>Luckily I don't think you are the majority of the demographic

literally every single other jrpg features dual audio, there's no excuse for atlus, except jews and laziness
>>
>>341847381
Don't buy the game then.
>>
>>341847284

I can't believe how inconsistent they are.

>Many characters use Japanese honorifics
>Teachers have English honorifics in their names
>Students usually refer to teachers with English honorifics, but sometimes refer to them as sensei

Not to mention putting everyone on a first name basis after saying they're trying to preserve relationship nuances (a really lazy excuse). It's just godawful. At least be consistent, Jesus guys. From what I've compared, the actual translations seem to be pretty solid, it's just the honorifics that are a mess.
>>
>yfw EoPs
>>
>>341847370

Most of the P4 cast sounded pretty good. I haven't heard much of Persona 3's though, but I know Mitsuru's really doesn't match her character.
>>
>>341844287
There has always been a fucking delay by half a year to a full year with Japanese games.
>>
>>341844287
>Dual audio
Literally don't care. Wouldn't use the Japanese audio anyway.
>I might skip it
If you were really keen on the series you wouldn't skip it. Do you, I don't care
>Making people pay for audio
They have to pay to use it abroad
>Dual audio doesn't take any more work than the first translating job.
>Six month delay
It's pretty clear why there's a delay. They didn't do the translation work while they were in the earlier development stages and are scrambling to get it done now. I suspect they just didn't have the capital to do so. In any case I have European systems getting shit shovelled onto my face is par for the course. I don't like it but hey at least there *is* a US date at all. No European date as yet. Looks like I will need to call my buddies over at PlayAsia to play this anywhere near release
>>
File: 1464847221330.jpg (16 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
1464847221330.jpg
16 KB, 250x225
>>341847298
>history of good quality dubs
Literally the only good dub Atlus USA has put out is Catherine's. Everything else has gone from "serviceable" (e.g.: most of their PS2 games) to "jesus christ make this stop" (e.g.: P4 spinoffs, DeSu remakes). Certainly nothing that compares to the original.
>>
>>341847424
>nope
Then clearly it's not that important to you.
>ill keep complaining and you'll keep getting triggered my nu male friend
You aren't complaining, you are crying like a coward. A complaint would be directed at Atlus on their twitter or email. And I'm not "triggered" just laughing at what a dumb loser you are who can't defend his dumbo obsession with hearing a language he can't understand who WILL buy the game with english audio only anyway at the end of the day
>>
>>341847387

Hope you can read some Japanese. It'll be really hard if you're not very far along though.
>>
>>341847427
>don't like it don't buy it

literally the dumbest most ignorant response to criticism ever. especially when that's what a good chunk of people won't buy it and pirate it for the undub instead.
>>
>>341847630
>good chunk of people
>implying ps3 piracy is even a blip on the radar
>>
>>341847572
>either learn Japanese or original VA isn't that important to you

That's more cowardly than anything he said. And yes you are a triggered dumb loser for forcing a false binary and being an apoloigst dipshit for atlus.
>>
Why must we have a thread about this daily? People who give a shit are either going to be the undub or import it.
>>
>>341847717
you would think so given that people on here cry endlessly about how their favorite games don't get made or localized due to piracy
>>
>>341844287
Yes, but I didn't really give a shit about this game to begin with. Maybe I'll try importing it in a year or two when it's dirt cheap and see if I can read it without having to open up a dictionary every third sentence.
>>
>>341847778
Why not just add dual audio? There's more than enough of an audience to warrant it.
>>
>>341847859
Why not just learn japanese?
>>
I played P4 undubbed and I thought it was alright but not great. I'm kinda interested in P5, but not a huge amount, so being stuck with some shitty dub is enough to push me from willing to buy to not willing.
I guess Atlus USA think there aren't enough people like me to make paying for the real voices worthwhile, and hey, maybe they're right. I'm not going to get mad though. They're trying to make a profit, since that's their job. It's just business.

The huge delay is pretty shit though. You'd think they could do better than that.
>>
>>341847886

>>341847381
>>
>>341847859
I don't know, ask Atlus. Arguing here isn't going to do anything.
>>
Reminder kids

It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Don't be afraid of spoilers
>>
>>341848015
When has arguing here every accomplished anything?
Why not just ban all threads that have anything critical to say about any game ever? Every game should be a hugbox of positive opinions only.
>>
>>341847925
Yes I saw your retarded comment. You are quite stupid anon, your attempt at twisting my words was pathetic.

Basic logic is not cowardice. Calling me an apologist for Atlus shows how fucking stupid you are when I have said multiple times in this thread Persona is garbage.

Again you cowardly little cuck. Go learn Japanese. If you can't, you are either too stupid or it's not that important to you. Also you will buy the english audio version only like the good little cuck you are.
>>
>>341848090
What a shitty statement. Pissed me off when I read that.
>>
>>341847886

Because the customer gets what they want, otherwise they are not customers
>>
>>341844287
Normally I wouldn't care about dual audio so much but the JP cast is fucking 10/10 and the English dub will leave us with the same five fucking people we've had since P3 doing the exact same voices from P3 and P4.
>>
>>341848170
>otherwise they are not customers
But they are, every single one of these crybabies will buy the english audio only version anyway.
>>
>>341848227
Fuck you, I'll be pirating the undub instead.
>>
>>341848125

People who can't into Nihongo will say the darndest things. I was in a Zelda thread earlier and some guy got pissed because I didn't have to suffer through NoA's bullshit and started saying that putting internet memes in localizations was perfectly okay.
>>
>>341844287
Yes I agree. If P5 had no name Japanese voices I wouldn't care. If the persona series wasn't a cash cow for atlus, I wouldn't care. If Atlus was a new company without the resources, I wouldn't care. But Atlus has the resources, the Japanese voices are iconic (fucking pikachu is in it), Persona is popular and brings in money. There is literally no reason why it shouldn't have dual audio.
>>
>>341848125
>Go learn Japanese. If you can't, you are either too stupid or it's not that important to you.
This is not basic logic. You are just shitposting like the cowardly little cuck apologist you are. You are quite stupid

Nobody is twisting your words fuckass. You literally have shit for brains.
>>
>>341848090
>spoilers
>in persona
>>
I could understand if you guys were reasonable and being like "yeah it sucks but i don't care about jap audio so i'll probably buy it anyway"

But seeing faggots go out of their way to actually defend it by calling people cucks and cowards and telling them to learn japanese is enough to justify constant shitposting threads. Like P5 threads will be dedicated shitposting threads from now on. Tough luck you brought it on yourselves.
>>
>>341848321

Do all you guys know VAs from anime or something? I just ask because I rarely do and the only Japanese VA I know by name and by voice is Norio Wakamoto.

>>341848223

>with the same five fucking people we've had since P3 doing the exact same voices from P3 and P4.

Not entirely related, but it reminded me. In the Japanese version of Persona 4, the VA for Saki voices at least five different characters and used the same exact voice for all of them. I marveled at how lazy she was. Just got a kick out of it because it was lazy and because it's something I hear people complain about when they say dubs are the devil.
>>
>>341847886
because they're stupid entitled white kids who lhink the world revolves around them.
>>
>>341848308

Damn right brah. I will be playing the jap version then replay it again once the undub is out. Fuck atlus USA
>>
File: 1458097544404.gif (447 KB, 540x420) Image search: [Google]
1458097544404.gif
447 KB, 540x420
>>341847381
There's a market sure, but not enough to hurt sales. Atlus USA are jews who even put their own tax on some games like DeSu 2: BR. Most people end up buying the game regardless of dual audio even if they really want it. They've been doing this for years and have yet to change. The most they'll do is JP only voices, but it's never for the big titles. Recently Caligula was announced for localization but it's digital only and only has Japanese voices. I gave up honestly. I do prefer Japanese voices but I'm not going to let some voice acting get in the way of a game.
>>
>>341848471
>people who don't care about dual audio are the unreasonable ones
top kek
>>
>>341848579
That's not what I said. learn to read you illiterate fuck.
>>
>>341844287
>they do it for free
>>
File: 1465496075231.png (9 KB, 328x359) Image search: [Google]
1465496075231.png
9 KB, 328x359
>>341848521
>entitled
>mentioning race for no apparent reason

opinion jettesoned
>>
>>341847275
>scrapped s links

Nigga, they just re-named them into cooperation.
>>
>>341848561
>There's a market sure, but not enough to hurt sales

Funny how this argument is used when basic features like Dual Audio are missing from a game.

But as soon as piracy is brought into the picture all of a sudden it's massively damaging and costing them precious sales that will sink the development of the franchise. I'm not even talking about atlus specifically, it's been a constant trend with bad localizations and/or missing features in games that people become indignant over people pirating.
>>
I'm not the guy half the thread is arguing with, but really, if Japanese voices are really *that* important, you really should consider learning Japanese. I can even give you tips on getting started if you want.
>>
File: Japanese P5 Cast.png (4 MB, 975x2202) Image search: [Google]
Japanese P5 Cast.png
4 MB, 975x2202
I care because of how all-star the P5 cast is. Couldn't give a fuck about the delays.
>>
>>341848793
It's silly to tell people to learn an entire language when the game is already translated and they can just add in the audio. If this was some niche japanese game that doesn't have a chance in hell of getting localized, I could maybe see your point.
>>
I wish we could go back to an age were there wasn't any VO so this shit wouldn't matter.
>>
>>341848793
Their major issue seems to be that they're shocked that a company and series with a long history of not including the original audio, isn't including the original audio.

Luckily, some sperg will undub the PS3 release a week or two after it comes out, and after a 6 month delay you'll be spoiled to hell anyway, so who cares about another week?

It's a complete non-issue.
>>
>>341848793
It'd be a lot easier for people to just download an undub though. Learning a new language takes a lot of effort. Downloading things, not so much.
>>
I'm only playing the dub if MC is JYB and no Lowenthal
>>
Western P3 release didn't have dual audio
Western P4 release didn't have dual audio
Pretty sure that Catherine didn't too

Also who the fuck are you even quoting?
>>
>>341848938

Well, the thing is, this isn't going to be the last time this happens, and if a person likes Japanese games enough, there's going to be times games they're interested in won't get localized, or they'll get shitty localizations. Just trying to help, I was in the same situation as many people here once.

>>341848976

That is indeed true. Learning a language takes a lot of work.
>>
I'm probably not going to buy it. Six month delay means I'm pretty much guaranteed to get spoiled in some way or another. If it was a month and I got spoiled, fine, my own fucking fault, but SIX MONTHS? That, plus their continued lack of dual audio, the shit quality of their usual dubs more Yuri Lowenthal, guaranteed!, and knowing I'll be missing out on such a great JP voice cast just kills all the hype for me. They're probably going to make a fucking anime for it eventually, I'll just watch that. I'm not even upset because they're saving me money.
>>
>>341849052
>Pretty sure that Catherine didn't too
You sure? I remember playing the game in Japanese. Maybe I'm wrong though.
>>
File: 1464338671022.jpg (32 KB, 557x612) Image search: [Google]
1464338671022.jpg
32 KB, 557x612
why do you need japanese audio if you don't speak japanese
how do you know that the jap voiceover isn't shit if you don't speak japanese
>>
>>341848505
>>341848505
>Do all you guys know VAs from anime or something?
There's an image macro floating around which has a list of all the other roles the Jap VAs did. They include Alucard, Pikachu, Madoka and a bunch of other super popular weeb anime from the past decade. It really is an all-star cast.
>>
>>341849179
this has been argued to death on /v/ and 4chan in general
if you're still asking shit like this at this point there's no hope for you.
>>
File: 1406561703980.jpg (57 KB, 406x606) Image search: [Google]
1406561703980.jpg
57 KB, 406x606
>>341849015
You're asking for a lot since lowenthal is pretty much everywhere
>>
>>341849220
and yet you still can't give a proper answer
>>
>>341849179
we're going to be hearing -chans and -kuns and -sans and -senpais anyway, i'd rather hear them in the original Japanese.
>>
>>341849179
English isn't my first language and Japanese VAs sound way better.
>>
>>341849220
translation : I just want to hear japanese ching chong because I'm a weeb
>>
>>341848505
see>>341848839
>>
>>341849261
Again, it's been answered thousands of times already. I'm not going to get into another argument with an obvious shitposter who won't listen to reason or logic.
>>
>>341849314
Case in point
>>341849296
>>
>>341849314
I'm not asking you to get into an argument, just a simple answer
if the question's been "answered" a thousand times already, it wouldn't be a problem for you to post the answer as it would take less than two seconds
>>
>>341849015
>no Lowenthal
HEY PARTNER, WHO WON THE LOTTERY?!
I DID, BUDDY!
>>
Is there any english sub DLC? Dont't give a fuck about dual audio though.
>>
>>341849256
I just wish he had better range. Whenever he talks all I hear is Sasuke.
>>
File: charlaugh.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
charlaugh.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>Weebs think Japanese VA's are better
The best Japanese VA's are fucking awful compared to the best English VA's. Your shitty weeb games don't get the best English VA's because they are cringe inducing garbage and the pay is shit
>>
Persona 3 and 4's Japanese dubs were absolute garbage. Anyone who actually speaks Japanese and can tell a good quality voice work from a bad one will tell you the same.
This thread is full of monolingual teenagers
>>
>>341847158
we've heard morgana's dub voice from her speaking at E3
atlus USA always uses PCB with non-union actors so it's going to be as shat out as any game they dub
>>
>>341848959
You're being intentionally obtuse and disingenous by twisting the issue. It's not that people are shocked about it, the issue is they're not including the original audio when dual audio has become commonplace in japanese games brought over to western markets. Historical precedence isn't a valid arugment here
>>
>>341844287
Naw and not because i dont care about the dual audio shit but because that person through no real fault of his own shows how little he knows about nips do voice acting and all dem cray contract shit they to falsely add value to their work' which i dint blame rhe voice actors for as well sonce nothing wronf with doing shit in a way to fet the most chedda out of it.
>>
>>341849179
Does it matter? I have my reasons. Maybe they're good or maybe they're shit, but either way they exist. If Atlus want my money they have to give me what I want. That's how the world works.
>>
>>341847548
>Literally the only good dub Atlus USA has put out is Catherine's
fucking this
>>
>>341849498
The dub was specific for the demo, not from the game.
>>
>>341849386
That doesn't make any sense. It obviously takes more than 2 seconds to explain it to you and theres literally no reason to when you're obvious looking to bait an argument.
Like give me one good reason why I should take the time and effort to make the case for japanese audio to an obvious shitposter when it's been explained thousands of times already
>>
>>341849471

I admit that though I know Japanese, I don't live in Japan and don't have nearly 30 years experience with the language and how actual people use it, so I can't spot bad acting as easily as a native, but I'm still not completely clueness when it comes to Japanese VA quality. Not sure why you think that P3 and P4 had bad VA. Some of the VA wasn't that great. Japanese Yousuke wasn't the greatest, but eh. Most of the main cast was fine. Same with Persona 3.
>>
>>341849586
Atlus doesn't care about you personally, and even if you don't buy the game then it's just one lost copy out of millions. You are irrelevant. That's how the world works.
>>
>>341849543
Sentences, motherfucker, have you heard of them?
>>
>>341849179

>how do you know that the jap voiceover isn't shit if you don't speak japanese

If they didn't know better, why would it matter as long as they enjoyed it more?
>>
>>341849628
In the time you took concocting all these replies, you could have just explained it by now.
>>
Americans at it again

The rest of the world understands everything is better in the original language.
>>
>>341849678
Quite so. I still don't need to justify my purchasing habits to you or anyone else though.
>>
>>341849161
it wasn't dual audio, but there's undubs on both consoles
>>
>>341849628
You already spent more time arguing why you shouldn't post the answer than it would take you to actually post the answer.
Sounds like excuses to me.
>>
>>341849728
>>341849782
Not really. It takes way less effort to dismiss and patronize than it does to humor you and form an argument over a dead debate that you're just going to shitpost in response to anyway.
I don't need any excuses when you can't come up with a single good reason why I should take the effort to explain it to you.
>>
>>341848959
It's more that people are shocked because even Square and Namco have decided to go the dual audio route where before it was limited to smaller publishers.

>>341849678
>Millions
It'll sell a million copies for sure, but I'll be shocked if it breaks 2 million.
>>
>>341849604
same actor. same performance.
valerie arem does fuck all real direction so it's going to sound just as shit when the game is dubbed.
>>
>Japanese audio
>dubtitles that don't match the Japanese
>unsubtitled battle dialogue

Why do people care so much about dual audio again?
>>
>all these poser weebs getting btfo

You're not playing the game the way it was intended by reading english subtitles while your 100x folded actors speak in japanese.

There's LITERALLY no reason why you aren't able to learn japanese. Learn nipponese and you won't have to deal with any kind of localization issues ever again.
>>
I was getting ready to see news on websites that the thiefs stole 2016 or some shit and locked down a world wide release date with japan. I never expected dual audio in the first place so that wasnt a major blow to me. Still sucks but yeah.

But then E3 happened. The results?

We get a 5 month delay, ensuring that you have to stay off gaming websites because some shithead will spoil the fuck out of everything. 4chan isnt safe either because you could be on fucking /o/ or some literally who board like /his/ and someone will just post spoilers as a reply.

We get no dual audio, despite pretty much every publisher, big and small, and their parent company Sega, who they themselves frequently provide games with english and japanese dubs.

And to top it off, we get a collectors edition that is a lot worse and not as stylish as the japanese one. Just a bunch of knick knacks to toss in the closet while japan gets cool cases, DLC, collectors CDs.

So I've come to a conclusion. I have zero hype for this game and do not prioritize it. I have a lengthy backlog and I expect the summer and winter sales of this year to add even more. Once I clear it a considerable amount or having nothing else to play, I will pirate this game on my PS3, the undubbed version. Sure Ill lose some prettier graphics and effects and loading times by not getting the PS4 one, but its all minimal shit. Atlus is NEVER EVER getting a single cent from me again. Fuck them and their xenophobic ass backwards company.
>>
File: Qwszjn4.jpg (66 KB, 480x726) Image search: [Google]
Qwszjn4.jpg
66 KB, 480x726
>>
File: 1465968265169.png (100 KB, 353x496) Image search: [Google]
1465968265169.png
100 KB, 353x496
>>341849296
>>341849452
>>341849923
>hurr weebs

Who the fuck do you think the target audience for this game is dipshit?

I'll never understand this anti-weeb sentiment used to defend the most blatant weebshit. It's like calling people tryhards for complaining about shit in a competative game.

>telling weebs to learn japanese in defenese bad localizations

How about you just kill yourself.
>>
>>341849974
I'll just get the undub version.
>>
I'm more concerned that its going to be another fucking VN like 3 and 4. Two hours to get actual dungeon gameplay in 4 was ridiculous
>>
File: false binary.png (159 KB, 854x457) Image search: [Google]
false binary.png
159 KB, 854x457
>>341849974

Nice meme
>>
>>341849728
Not him, but dubs are worse because they're written and directed by people with no connection to the creators of the work, so they can't get input from them and will thus do a worse job.
Persona dubs in particular are bad because the writing is fucking awful. Japanese honorifics in an English script sound fucking bad and if you like them you're stupid.

Please stop arguing back and forth over this now.
>>
>>341850004
I wished that those retards would fuck off, normalfags are just making this site worse every day.
>>
>>341844287
This wasn't a problem for Persona 3 and 4 why is it suddenly a problem for 5?

Yeah it sucks and all but I didn't sink 200 hours into both games for the voice acting.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 354x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 354x360
>>341844287
>I might just skip it altogether

Sure thing, faggot.
>>
>>341850081
Because major japanese companies weren't releasing games with dual audio back then. Times change, and atlus is behind.
>>
L
E
A
R
N

J
A
P
A
N
E
S
E
>>
>>341850016
You don't understand my point. If the English vocal work is so sub-standard, why is the exact same dub script somehow now bearable when you have some gibberish audio option?

It's like buying a hotdog with a stale, rotten bun and assuming that the meat will be fresh.
>>
>>341849879
weebs can know enough vocabulary to tell how shitty the subs are without completely understanding japanese
unsubbed battle dialog is just short quotes that aren't important to the game
people care about dual audio because only retarded amerilards watch, play or listen to anything without the original audio
>>
>>341850214
You're conflating the vocal work with the script. Just because the dub is shit doesn't mean the text translations are too.
>>
>>341850214
That's cool and all but I'm still just going to pirate the undub.
>>
>>341850004
if you don't know japanese then you aren't a weeb, you're a poser normalfag
>>
>>341850339
so what, you're some hardcore weeb who wants localizations to be abolished so only people who know japanese can enjoy the games? because that's literally the only way your post makes any sense.
>>
>>341850339
If you're part of the audience for Persona 5 you're a weeb. Knowing japanese is irrelavent. The game is made for weebs, the reason they're bringing it to the west is to sell it to weebs.
>>
>>341850306
I'd assume that everyone understands that vocal work for English dubs is done as cheaply as possible because that's how localisation companies operate, but how do you not understand that the same is true for ALL aspects of production? Instead of hiring respected translators, they get kids straight out of college who will work for minimum wage.

Even if you pretend there are millions of highly competent dual-lingual translators out there, you're ignoring the editing work. A good editor doesn't come cheap, and nobody is hiring good editors to work on thousands of lines in a game about stealing pantsu.
>>
>>341844287
>licensing is free
For some reason I really, really doubt the A+++ VA cast for P5 is going to be cheap to license for the west.
>>
>>341850490
>but how do you not understand that the same is true for ALL aspects of production?

Because translating and editing a script is a lot less skill intensive than quality voice work and competant ADR.

That's why you see more games with good translations but shitty voice work than you do bad translations with great voice work.
>>
>>341846853
How long did it take you?
Because it's taking me so fucking long
>>
>>341850618
Can't possibly be more expensive than hiring people to work on the dub.
>>
>>341850742
>shitty second rate dub VAs
>more often than not sound like they just grabbed someone off the street
>expensive
>>
>>341850707
When did you start? Write something in nip.
>>
>>341850653
No, you see more games with good translations but bad voice work because if you have that many people coming through your revolving door of a localisation company, occasionally the stars will align and you'll get a good one who just doesn't have enough professional experience to demand a decent wage, or someone delusional enough to believe that their cause is a noble one and work beneath their pay bracket.

If a team has the money for great voice work, they have the money for decent localisation staff.
>>
>>341850004
How about you just learn Japanese instead of crying over something you have no control over?

Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>341850832
There's no way it costs less to redub the entire game than it does to just release the game with original audio.
>>
>>341850917
How about you come up with a new argument isntead of spouting the same shit that has been refuted a dozen times already?

Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>341850984
Why don't you just learn Japanese instead of responding like a 2 year old?
>>
>>341850874
Most of your post is pure conjecture.

Obviously if a team has the money for great voice work, they have the money for decent localisation staff. The inverse is rarely true. Its easier and less expensive to translate than it is to dub.
>>
>>341844287
>Do you agree with him?
yes, and i wont be buying the game anymore
>>
>>341844287
Still buying it. :^)
>>
>>341850920
Considering the entire main cast VAs are big deals I wouldn't be surprised if it were more expensive.
>>
>>341851070
>Its easier and less expensive to translate than it is to dub.
It's kind of sad that you think this.
>>
>>341851048
Why don't you use your brain instead of repeating yourself like a 2 year old?
>>
>>341851161
You're just a poser. You don't actually like Japanese games.
>>
>>341851161
Why don't you just learn Japanese?
It's the solution to your problem, and yet you choose to spend hours of your time crying on imageboard.

You are pathetic.
>>
>>341850871
10前始めたが真面目ではなかった。
ほとんど一年前真面目になって勉強はじめたのだ。
読書としてはするのですけど、僕にとっての大きな問題は文法に違いない。
勉強しては勉強しては文法はまだ克服できない。
>>
>>341851151
Prove me wrong. Show me how hiring a quality ADR is harder than getting someone to edit accurate translations
>>
>>341851269
Why not just add dual audio? Why learn japanese when the former is an infinetly easier fix?
It's the actual solution to the problem, and yet you choose to spend hours of your time damage controlling on imageboard.

You are patheitc.
>>
>>341851269
Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese? Why don't you just learn Japanese?

Look at my poignant and well thought out arugment. I am so clever. Weebs BTFO
>>
>>341851449
>Why not just add dual audio?
That question has already been answered.

So why don't you just learn Japanese?
>>
>>341851635
>So why don't you just learn Japanese?
That question has already been answered.

Why not just add dual audio?
>>
>>341851635
>>341851909
autism war incoming
>>
>>341851635
>>341851909
Will you two just fuck already?
>>
>>341851909
>That question has already been answered.
That's right, and I answered it.

You are either too stupid or Japanese audio isn't really that important to you.
>>
why do jyb and lowenthal get so much hate if japanese voice actors are pretty much the same, japanese use same actors everywhere too and most of them sound the same as in any other work they did
>>
>>341852102
No, you didn't answer it; you gave the wrong answer because you're mentally challenged.
Nobody should have to learn a new language just to hear something with its original audio.
>>
>>341852215
I like JYB but don't like Lowethal
>>
>>341852215
>why do jyb and lowenthal get so much hate if japanese voice actors are pretty much the same
Because retarded weebs like this >>341852234
blind themselves to that fact.
>>
>>341852372
You are an american, aren't you?
>>
>>341852372
How is your opinion of voice acting a fact?
The people Japan use for everything aren't as shite at acting as the ones America uses.
>>
>>341853356
How do you know that? You don't speak Japanese.
>>
>>341854139
>you have to speak a language to know how good the acting is
incorrect.
>>
>>341854398
Then why can't you tell that acting in anime is over the top and awful?
>>
>>341854917
It's SUPPOSED to be like that.
>>
>>341855027
So are the english voices in the same roles.
>>
>>341854917
It's supposed to be over the top just like most voice acting in western cartoons is supposed to be over the top. That doesn't change that you can do over the top well or you can do over the top shittily.
>>
>>341845618

No one normal is on /v/.
>>
Keep calm and pray to undub chan. Our savior will bring dual audio.
>>
>>341848793
>you really should consider learning Japanese

Understanding spoken anime tier Japanese is fairly easy.
Reading written Japanese and comprehending it takes a long time

Shit I watched the brotherhood episode 2 raw and understood everything just fine. But I can't read shit in Japanese because its all squiggles
>>
>>341849452
>The best Japanese VA's are fucking awful compared to the best English VA's

They're about on par. The difference is the best Japanese VAs do work on games and P5's cast is among the best. The best English VAs won't touch an anime game with a 50 foot stick because it's too far below their pay grade

For an accurate comparison you should be comparing dub voice acting to Japanese Hentai voice acting. And even then some hentai with big budgets get really good VAs anyway like Majikoi
>>
>>341844287
>Asking people to pay extra for audio that already exists is a scummy move
Fuck you, it's better than nothing

>especially when so many other companies - smaller ones - do it for free
Yeah, and bigger companies like Square Enix started dual audio by dlc (Lightning Returns, Drakengard 3...) and now, it's free. You have to start somewhere.
>>
>>341854917
Bruh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6hkXX4Q6Pc
>>
>>341856401
It's not like Atlus is releasing it as paid DLC either
>>
>>341849543
go to school fucking dumbchild
>>
>>341844287
I probably would agree with him if I weren't importing the game.
>>
>>341848793
I am, but funnily enough learning a language is not a fucking boolean. I can't quite play every fucking game with full understanding yet.
>>
>>341844287
>coupled with the lack of dual audio

bawwwwww a language he doesn't understand won't be coupled with the game

what a travesty
>>
This is probably the most autistic thread i have ever read on 4chan.
Also subs>dubs any day of the week kthxbai
>>
>>341851247
nice fanfiction bro. How old are you? 12? 14? At some point you should drop that juvenile "I think so I'm right" brain garbage. Doesn't work outside getting your mom put your drawings on the fridge.
>>
Why are you faggots so upset over the lack of dual audio? Are you really that entitled? If it means so much to you either mute the television and play without having to listen to the voices or learn Japanese. Your laziness shouldn't be placed upon the developer's shoulders.
>>
>>341858871
Weebs are the target audience, weebs like to hear japanese sounds.
It's basic marketing.
Also it's not being entitled, we pay for it, so it's obvious we want to have something in it and they should listen.
If it were free I would not give a shit.
>>
>>341847525
They don't have to pay to use it abroad. That's negotiable and if they say no there's a million other starving va that will do it
>>
>>341858871
>if you want a standard feature in most games you're entitled
>>
>>341851578
Well, why don't you just learn Japanese?
>>
>>341860509
You're suggesting that that if they don't want to pay to use the Japanese soundtrack abroad they should just record a new one using Japanese VAs?
>>
>>341844287
I will get it but I would have liked japanese voices. I'm not sure if I want it enough to buy it as DLC though.
>>
>>341845278
some retarded goober obviously
>>
File: 1442854413229.png (186 KB, 250x398) Image search: [Google]
1442854413229.png
186 KB, 250x398
>>341844287
Yes.

Why six months?

I thought Fatlus was getting better with their localization. Some games were down to three months.

No dual audio is just bullshit. It's a standard EVERYWHERE but Atlus.

My P5 hype is in the gutter.
>>
>>341844287

who cares, the PS3 CFW Master Race doesn't need to deal with this shit
>>
>>341863393
e3 proved they havnt done shit in translations so far, all the trailers they have released so far havnt even had the interface translated
>>
>>341844287
Final Fantasy XV is quad dubbed, and has a world wide release date of 30th September.

You can shout "muh resources" if you want, but how Atlus USA can miss the boat by 5 months and only have one more dub is a disappointment, and you know it.
>>
>>341864413
Maybe they don't give a shit about delaying the game for weebs? We'd have FFXV out by now if we didn't have to depend on a dozen translations and dubs.
>>
>>341864413
Square has also started their dub work where as Atlus has just officialized fan translations, there is english stuff from XV already but I think that morrigana thing is the first bit of voice work they have done because they havnt touched anything else yet
>>
>>341864812
Hell, even the French FFXV dub is already done.

>>341864782
No, because they're still optimizing it. The E3 demo apparently ran at "impeccable framerate" (according to Digital Foundry), so they're clearly putting those last months to good use.
>>
>>341863393
It seems P Studio doesn't trust Atlus USA with builds of unreleased games. Ever notice how you never seen a single English screenshot of their games until after the Japanese version is released. They'll give them spread sheets of the dialogue but since they don't get builds of the games until after the Japanese Release Atlus USA can start doing QA shit until after the Japanese version releases. Then there is also that 2 month reviewer lead time to allow for guide creation and reviewers to beat the games before release
>>
>>341844287
>Do you agree with him?
Yes
NO DUAL AUDIO = NO BUY
>>
The quote is from Matthewmatosis, /v/'s darling
http://ask.fm/Matthewmatosis
>>
>>341849386
Would you demand to listen to a foreign film in English-only?
Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.