[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surely no one on this board died to them, did they?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: deacons_guide_SITE_feature.jpg (587 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
deacons_guide_SITE_feature.jpg
587 KB, 1920x1080
Surely no one on this board died to them, did they?
>>
>>341836191
Took me about 15 minutes to beat them. What a drag. Didn't die though.
>>
>>341836292
Dis you try to kill every one of them or something?
>>
>>341836393
I thought magic only would be a good idea; I had to resort to a buffed dagger by the end.
>>
>>341836662
Magic fairies getting btfo by arguably the easiest boss.

Literally just used a charged R2 with Greatsword to send everything flying. DotD have the worst poise of all the bosses except maybe Undead Legion.
>>
Multiple times on my first playthrough. It was a spear only and no shield run, and those fireballs have a way of adding up.
>>
I died to them 5 times
But got cinder on my first go
No joke
>>
>>341836191
Of course I did. I wanted to see how curse was handled in this game.
>>
It took me two days

I was like 10 levels under the community recommended level for the cathedral, though

I didn't want to miss out on pvping in the swamp
>>
i died to the curse build up because i didn't bother dodging.
also if you take too long the abyss closes in and kills you. two hidden mechanics that i got gayed by because i was being lazy.
>>
I died once to the curse bomb, once got stabbed by a bunch of them in quick succession and died, and finally once on NG++ with 3 summons just to see how much HP they get.
>>
Beat it on the first try, boss fights with glowing parts your supposed to attack are usually pretty easy. All you had to do was keep running around stabbing the red nigga.

Same with High Lord Wolnir, I died to his spooky gas once, then just slapped his bangles the next time and rekt him ez
>>
I died on my first try. Panicked when I saw they were generating some black fog and tried to hack my way through them to the tall casters.
>>
File: 1463627692521.png (104 KB, 243x297) Image search: [Google]
1463627692521.png
104 KB, 243x297
>>341838204
>if you take too long the abyss closes in and kills you
>>
>>341836191
Died once because I was trying to be fancy. Got cursed.
Second time I just two handed and charged in and it was over after 2 minutes.
>>
File: 1437807425091.gif (73 KB, 282x243) Image search: [Google]
1437807425091.gif
73 KB, 282x243
>>341836191
Backstabbing popes all day bro, gotta have those i frames
>>
>>341836191
desu I think everyone should die to this boss at least once. The effect of the curse they chant over the arena is pretty damn atmospheric.
>>
Official difficulty ratings:
>Iudex Gundyr: 1/10, can take down half of his health while he's getting up/transforming
>Vordt: 3/10, okay fight
>Greatwood: 0/10, he literally can't hit you if you keep your distance
>Sage: 5/10, magic spam is actually quite dangerous
>Deacons: 2/10, could conceivably kill you if you aren't careful
>Abyss Watchers: 5/10, low health but good fight otherwise
>Wolnir: 1/10, would be a fucking joke if not for the fog
>Old Demon King: 5/10, annoying boss in an annoying region
>Sulyvahn: 3/10, badass until you realize you can wail on both him and his stand while he's summoning
>Yhorm: 4/10, charge time on storm ruler is long enough that he still poses a threat
>Aldrich: 7/10, fuck his arrow storm
>Dancer: 1/10, powerless if you stick to her butt
>Dragonslayer: 5/10, reasonable
>Oceiros: 2/10, only challenge is his weird charge hitbox
>Champion Gundyr: 2/10, just stick next to him and he can't hit you, grab is super telegraphed
>Twin Princes: 2/10, black knight shield utterly trivializes fight as long as you attack lothric too rather than just lorian
>wyvern: 1/10: only way to die is missing the head
>nameless king: 9/10 one of hardest bosses in series for me
>soul of cinder: 4/10 without summons, 1/10 with summons - underwhelming as fuck
>>
>>341836191
I was curious what they were doing with the black orb things so I let them finish it

Pain followed.
>>
>>341836191
On pure sorc run they get pretty though.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.