[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Killing Floor 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: .jpg (510 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
510 KB, 1920x1080
This game is not nearly as bad as /v/ made it out to be.
>>
>nearly as bad'

Has it actually been released yet? If not, then what's the fucking point of this thread?
>>
>>341835304
They fucked shit up pretty bad with the new Zed resistances in the recent patch. Railgun is cool as fuck though.
>>
>>341835304
Yeah, it's worse.
>>
>>341835885
It's been in early access for well over a year and there's a free weekend. I hadn't played the game in a while and thought they completely wrecked it judging by the threads, but after playing it myself it's still really enjoyable.

>>341835989
They did a balance patch earlier today that toned down the resistances. Maybe that's why it wasn't as bad.
>>
>>341836098
>early access

So it hasn't been released.

Call me when it has, otherwise I don't give a shit.
>>
>>341836201
ok bye
>>
>>341836098
That's good, killing enemies was ridiculous. Leveling perks is really unfun though, I honestly just play it for the 500 Magnum at this point, that thing is fucking sexy.
>>
>>341835304
>posting after the SS patch
>its not nearly as bad
go try hell on earth, it takes three, count them, T H R E E fucking shots of AA 12 to kill a god damn crawler. Resistance is fucking garbage and couldn't have been implimented worse
>>
>>341836253
I like the M14 and flamethrower. I would love to see this game get the iconic AK47 though.
>>
>>341835304
People hate on it because early access.
>>
>>341836253
leveling is a pain in the ass, it felt way more satisfying in kf1. maybe because they divy'd it up into 25 levels, instead of having the 1-6 perk system from before.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 226x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 226x263
>>341835304
It's not the game that's bad, it's the brain dead cunt in charge at TW that's bad.

John Gibson would and probably will kill this game just to make a point.
>>
>>341835304
Tried to tell you so, but that apparently makes me a Tripwire shill.

the game really shouldn't be called "early access" anymore. It has already more core game play content than KF1, and runs smooth. Setting up private servers is also easier than ever before, after they butchered KF1's in-game system.
>>
>>341836319
Oh, I didn't realize the resistances scaled that badly. I had mainly played on normal to get the hang of the game again and the matches felt more intense than before this patch, but not too overbearing.

Thinking about it, that could be why the devs didn't do the scaling properly. I doubt any of them are actually good enough to play or beat HoE, so they probably figured (yeah, this mode is still hard) and left it.
>>
>>34183649
>normal
>hard ever
whew lad gitgud. in all honesty though your actually playing while there is a decent amount of content, most people were pissed when it first released because the patches too like 6 fucking months and only launched with one map and perk.
>>
>>341836386
I mean I like the perk tiers granting decent benefits instead of another +1% X, but leveling is so goddamn slow. I played for an hour earlier today on hard and gained 1.5 levels.
>>
>>341836456
it shouldn't be called early access, but not because it's complete; because they added fucking key+crate microtransaction bullshit
>>
File: mariefags.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
mariefags.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
>>341835304
>some shittier version of cod zombies
>>
>>341835304
Depends if it is your first killing floor

The game has been in early access despite in the press launch telling people it shouldn't take no more than 6 months before a finished product is out
Characters are bland as shit
Maps are terribly designed
Classes aren't all out yet
They focused on women empowerment and DLC instead of the core mechanics for the first year and have just gotten their shit together the last 2 months now

They're lucky Vietnam looks like a solid title otherwise I wouldn't touch a tripwire game ever , they nearly scammed me with RO2 but RD saved it
And here I as a loyal "hardcore" fan of KI spent $30 to get a unfinished product sitting in my steam library for 1 and a half years
My friends forgot about this game while I kept checking back for updates

There is a reason this game has sub 1000 players weekly
>>
>>341836703
yeah, they should just have it set to perk tiers, so every 5 levels is one level.

also make sure you tag as many mobs and big mobs as you can for maximum exp gain. killing the boss can easily give 20-30% exp of your entire game (on long duration)
>>
>>341836637
I didn't say normal was hard. I said I was playing on normal to get used to the game again after playing a dozen of other FPS games, and it actually seemed more challening than it used to. Gorefasts seem more annoying, sirens come out in large groups and take a reasonable amount of damage to kill, Fleshpounds and Scraks are actually tankier, crawlers take an extra shot to kill as well and have an annoying knockback now.

Normal's definitely not as brain-dead as it used to be, and it's no longer on par with KF1's easy mode.
>>
>>341836904
>women empowerment
>literally 2 female characters

The DLC part is correct though.
>>
>>341835304
No you're right. It's worse.
>>
>>341836830
>M-MUH SHITTY SKINS ARE SO RUINING THIS GAME!!!
Jesus, I bet you must loathe KF1 for it's dozens of alt. skin DLC packs.
>>
>>341837397
DLC part is null, since they are just skins that do nothing. Just like in KF1.

Want to see DLCs done bad to the point that they ruin the entire game? Go play Payday2.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (112 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
112 KB, 1280x718
>>341838383
>since they are just skins that do nothing
pic related

also KF1 had the dwarven axe for playing that one dwarves game
>>
>>341838302
Games that aren't finished shouldn't have in game stores
this is true regardless of the business model of the game, or what is being sold in them
The purpose of having an early access game is to crowd source your bug testing and to a lesser extent QA
if your game is free to play and features pay-to-skip style microtransactions you still shouldn't include a store as the people testing should be testing the feeling of the game for players who aren't paying
Your cosmetic items should also be free for the duration of the testing to ensure there is no clipping and texture quality is consistent
>>
>>341835304
Fuck off, [TWI] Yoshiro.
>>
>>341836836
XD
>>
it's fun, people complain to much on here about probably just because they're bad at it.
>>
>>341839401
Look, honestly I would be with you, if it hadn't been for two things
>shitty development cycle
the game was supposed to be done by now and I have yet to see an example of a single person who wants/wanted pvp, which leads me onto my next point
>resistances
stalkers on hard and up can now tank a meatshot from the double barreled shotgun
>>
>>341835304
The number of people playing it when it's not available for free play says otherwise.
>>
>developers focused on making PvP and micro transactions before it's even out of early access
That alone, and the massive bans to people leaving legitimate complains on their forums and steam forums screams a big " do not fucking get this game " to me

Killing Floor 1 is a complete game in and out, and it saddens me that the player base has shrinked so much because of this new turd of a game
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.