[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In your opinion what are the most well-developed games for older
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
In your opinion what are the most well-developed games for older platforms?
Metal Gear 5 for PS3 is awesome, despite running at a lower resolution versions than PS4 and XONE the game runs at a steady framerate with excellent effects, such as clothing and fire effects, in addition to the rain effects like the wet ground and models.

Another game that I find extremely amazing for the era it is God of War 2 for Playstation 2 because of running at 480 with some reflection effects. They say that the game has a high-resolution hidden.
>>
Zone of The Enders 2nd Runner
More specifically the final battle, now idea how PS2s around the globe didn't explode during that
>>
Im gay
>>
>>341816147
Playing TPP on ps3 right now. It's alright.
>>
>>341816589
It looks pretty but Zoe 2 runs like ass on the PS2, mate
>>
>>341816147
Pretty much every Kojima game is a technical masterpiece, except for MGS4 when it comes to performance, but other than that it has ome amazing technology going on
>>
>>341816147
Watching the developer commentary the fact that ratchet and clank 3 exists as a game is pretty amazing to me, plus in the inomniac museum they had refelctive water running at 60fps on a ps2.
>>
>>341817527
No it doesn't, it runs at like 50-60 fps on PS2
>>
>tfw the Fox Engine was wasted and will never be used again
>>
>>341816589
>>341818559
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrPZrtV00kI
Kojipro engines are fucking unbelievable. Too bad Fox Engine is now wasted on PES
>>
>>341818559
Aren't they using it for pachinko or is that just people spouting shit?
>>
>>341818387
No it fucking doesn't, like a lot of PS2 games it runs at 60 when literally nothing is happening on screen. It drops to like 15 or 20 when you fire a homing shot into a swarm of drones.
>>
>>341818645
>>341818885
>>
>>341818645
i forgot how much amazing this game is.
>>
Soul Calibur V looks fucking amazing for a last gen game

And it runs at a consistent 60fps to boot
>>
>>341816147
final fantasy 8 on ps1 has shader effects i still consider impossible and cannot figure out how they did it

shadow of colossus obviously
>>
>>341821363
>final fantasy 8 on ps1 has shader effects i still consider impossible and cannot figure out how they did it
Anything in particular?
>>
Binary Domain
>>
>>341821527
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECTfbgs_yKk

mostly the water texture effect on his body as hes forming. The PS1 doesn't have any way to do that by default, they had to hard code that effect in assembly to get it to run fast enough

FF8/FF9 summons definitely represent getting the absolute most out of the ps1 graphically
>>
>>341821363
Got any videos or screenshots of these shaders? I'm interested.
>>
>>341818645

>stops before reaching Ardjet and her fucking 20 FPS beam
>>
>>341821363
>shadow of colossus obviously
Unfortunately the game runs like ass on PS2, but it's nothing gamebreaking and it still looks stellar
>>
>>341822034
it runs fine for what it's doing.
>>
I think battlefield 3 looks amazing on 360, same with gears of war
>>
>>341822515
rage looks better than any game on 360 and runs 60 fps..everyone ignored it tho bc muh blurry textures

of course they also deserved for the game to fail when they butchered it to put it on 360
>>
Metroid Fucking Prime
>>
File: 189.png (393 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
189.png
393 KB, 557x605
>>341816147
I had it on the PS3, eventually got for the PS4 and wow. There was a major problem I had on the PS3 version when recovering Volgin's body, some enemies ended up becoming invisible because there were way too many. Another issue but I haven't come across on the PS4 version were texture issues that would rarely pop up, some appear broken and another involved a Russian flag texture over a rock. And one more thing are the birds, if your camera isn't focused on them they will be suspended in midair with no animation, with the only evidence of this is the shadow they cast. Other than those issues it's pretty good on the PS3, though the cutscenes have the choppiest framerate while on a PS4 everything is 60FPS. But if I ever need to compare the two I'll just play GZ since I only got those digital.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>341816147

Conker's Bad Fur Day and Banjo-Tooie on N64.

Real-time lighting and shadows, widescreen, surround sound, and in Conker's case full voice acting in a 64 MB game as well as lipsync and facial animation. Those two games look better than a lot of PS2 games.

On PS2, anything by Square Enix looks fucking spectacular. FF12 can easily be mistaken for a PS3 game when rendered in HD on an emulator.
>>
>>341824863
this is a good example for this thread, conkers should not have been possible on n64, required insane skill.
>>
>>341818645
Would it be so much to ask modern devs to tone down the pandering to graphic whores so we can get games running at 60fps on consoles again?
>>
>>341825136
stop buying consoles and console games problem solved
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.