[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you think this was the real Kraid when you first played Super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: supermetridkraid1.jpg (18 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
supermetridkraid1.jpg
18 KB, 241x209
Did you think this was the real Kraid when you first played Super Metroid?
>>
I thought that was his first form
>>
I've never played Super Metroid. :^)
>>
>>341805141
Baby Kraid
>>
>eh about the same size as the NES one
>>
>>341805141
I've still never played the original
>>
Pretty sure I had the real Kraid spoiled for me at one of those Nintendo video preview kiosks at Toys 'R' Us.
>>
No, because I'm not a fucktard.
>>
>>341806974
Play it after playing MZM.
>>
>>341805141
Not after seeing Ridley on the space station.
>>
>>341805141
Yep. I played through the original Metroid a few times and Metroid 2 more than once, so I was used to bosses being about the same size as me. I thought it was going to be a tricky fight in a hallway.

Then I went into the next room.

After that, I was convinced that it was some sort of strange glitch that caused Kraid to be mini-ized and put in place of a standard enemy.
>>
No, I didn't. By that point I had already played Melee and thought that Kraid was always giant.
>>
>>341805141
I just thought it was some random lizard cunt. I didn't know the names of characters.
>>
File: kraidNES.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
kraidNES.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>341809820
>kraid was always Giant
>>
http://youtu.be/SE8KlskLKzc
>>
>>341807273
This. Vaguely certain he was on the back of the case as well.
>>
>>341805141
Yes. Since I played the first game.
>>
I'm sure nintendo power spoiled it for me
>>
>>341805816
Why not?
>>
>>341805141
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0DEyvqYZKc
>>
>>341805141
No, big kraid is on the boxart.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQDPuODPLDw
>>
No
I played Melee first
>>
>>341805141
>no change in music when he appears
>dies in one missile
>no change in music when he dies
>foreboding music plays throughout
No, I didn't.
>>
>>341814098
>"animated" music video
>A bunch of moving text
This makes me angry
>>
File: Kraid - Metroid.jpg (33 KB, 620x293) Image search: [Google]
Kraid - Metroid.jpg
33 KB, 620x293
>>341805141
Well, yeah,
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.