[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CT vs FFVI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
Let's settle this.
Which one is better?
Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI?
>>
>>341793432
Chrono Trigger better for replay value.

FF6 better for overall story.
>>
CT is the better game.

Story is opinion circlejerking for either side.
>>
I like VI more.
>>
Chrono Trigger is better in every aspect. still love ff6 tho
>>
>>341793432
I like them both equally for different reasons.
>>
Story: FFVI
Characters: FFVI
Combat: Chrono Trigger
Music: FFVI
Visuals: Chrono Trigger
>>
>>341793723
>Music: FFVI

wait a second
>>
>>341793824
He's right.
>>
>>341793824
It's true though, CT has like maybe 10 great tracks, while FF6 has like 20.
>>
File: ffvlogo.png (91 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
ffvlogo.png
91 KB, 800x800
>>341793432
I take a third option.
>>
Chrono Trigger.
>>
FFVI, but both are excellent.
>>
>>341793976
>10
I have 3 albums from CT on my computer, totaling 64 songs and at least half of them are top notch.
>>
FFVI is better in every regard. Chrono Trigger just gets its dick sucked because it was one of the first theme-park, set piece style games that most people played, a style of game that is now super popular. It's literally the Uncharted of JRPGs.
>>
>>341794007
FF5 is my favorite FF but I cannot say it is the best. 4, 6, or even 7 have it beat. I hate jumping on the FF7 circle jerk bandwagon but you cannot deny its influence.
>>
FFVI easily
Chrono Trigger is better on visuals and music, but everything else about it is really weak
>>
>>341793824
He is right, the OST for FFVI is fantastic. Chrono Trigger has some great tracks like Magus theme or the battle theme.
>>
>>341794007
>question is which of these two things is better
>hurr third option
stop embarrassing FFV fans like myself
>>
I'm more fond of FF6, but I think Chrono Trigger is a bit better game overall.
>>
>people actually thinking the gameplay in FFVI wasn't hot garbage

Look, you can like the game and still admit it had a pretty weak combat system.
>>
My vote is for Chrono Trigger. Sure, it wasn't very hard but at least it was fun, unlike FFVI which I found terribly boring.
>>
>>341794206
Only one of those is the Original Sound Version. That's the only one that counts and off the top of my head since I'm at work and posting from my phone, I can name the 3 map themes, the main theme, lucca's theme, frog's theme, guardia forrest, magus battle, robo's theme, ayla's theme, speckio's theme, schala's theme, corridors of time, undersea palace, the black omen, and to faraway times.
>>
>>341794361
Gonna have to agree with this. This also explains why CT is every normie's favorite, and probably only, JRPG.
>>
>Reminder that you can't actually beat Lavos off the bat first time and have to actually complete the game fully in order to unlock NG+ in the first place in order to do so
>Reminder that any major choices you make that matter only occur near the end of the game and the early parts are entirely linear
>>
>>341795670
>normie's
>Chrono Trigger
I've literally never met someone who has played Chrono Trigger. I only know maybe 3 people who have heard of it.
>>
>>341796250
It's easily the one with the most exposure besides Pokemon/FF7.
>>
>>341796891
Kingdom Hearts
Other FF games like 6,8,10
>>
>>341797126
>Kingdom Hearts
Talking turn based here, I would assume

>Other FF games like 6,8,10
No, it definitely goes 7 > CT >= 6 > the rest in terms of popularity.
>>
I like FFVI more. Exploration and sidequests make the game more fun.
>>
>>341796891
Idk guy, I seem more likely to run into someone who knows Persona 4 than knows CT.
>>
>>341796891
I remember once playing Final Fantasy in class once and some kid told the teacher I was playing Pokemon. Normies don't know what Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger are,
>>
>>341797519
Maybe nowadays. If you grew up during the SNES heyday, there is literally no way you wouldn't recognize CT.

>>341797569
He probably recognized it wasn't Pokemon, and just didn't want to sound like a nerd in front of the other normies. Either way, FF and CT were never fringe series. You're talking SMT or EO, here.
>>
>>341793432
CT, this isn't even a question. FF6 is absolute shit from a gameplay standpoint and nothing can ever make up for that.
>>
File: diving head first into pussy.webm (3 MB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
diving head first into pussy.webm
3 MB, 406x720
>>341793432
This is a tough one.
CT has better sprites/animations for characters
FFVI has better monster designs.
CT and FFVI have good stories, but CT makes use of Time Travel which is hard to pull off.
Magic is better implemented in FFVI.
Basic Fighting is better in CT.
>>
>>341793824
wait what?
>>
File: 1451186748130.jpg (18 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
1451186748130.jpg
18 KB, 500x327
>>341793432
Both are really fucking good games however in the end I preffer earthbound
>>
FF7 is indisputably a better game. Chrono Trigger is an overrated generic RPG.
>>
>>341794409
>4, 6, or even 7 have it beat.
[citation needed]
>>
>>341798323
>Magic is better implemented in FFVI.
I wasn't aware that "give anyone but two characters any spells they want and magic is also overpowered" was better than having actual character roles and specializations.
>>
I played them both years after the fact, after having played through tons of other JRPGs on a plethora of other platforms to serve as a baseline.

Chrono Trigger holds up and is a unique experience unlike any other. It certainly does have flaws, its not the unquestioned masterpiece that some claim it is, but it does so much unique and memorable stuff that someone could play it now and understand why it is the icon that it is.

Final Fantasy VI is average. Maybe for its time it was a big deal, but its certainly not all its built up to be. It certainly doesn't belong on any top 10 JRPGs list. I personally even think its the weakest of the SNES Final Fantasy titles, to be honest and that's not even comparing it to other JRPGs on the platform like Dragon Quest V and Seiken Denetsu 3 that just blows it the fuck out of the water.
>>
>>341800801
>Maybe for its time it was a big deal
It wasn't, it's nowhere near as popular in Japan as it is in the west. The problem is that it was the best JRPG the west got up to that point, which says a lot more about the absolute shit that came out than it does about FFVI. It's not a big surprise that FFVI would look like a big deal when it's stacked up against the worst version of FFIV ever released, Lufia 1, Secret of the Stars, Paladin's Quest, 7th Saga, and FFMQ. Robotrek is the only JRPG released stateside before FFVI that I'd consider a better game than it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.