[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you guys add/remove from this list?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: List_of_Worthwhile_PC_Games.jpg (2 MB, 2313x3991) Image search: [Google]
List_of_Worthwhile_PC_Games.jpg
2 MB, 2313x3991
What would you guys add/remove from this list?
>>
>>341791174
from the top of my head: basics, like Doom, Serious Sam or Painkiller
>>
>>341791174
>Remove
FFVII
Mass Effect
Minecraft
Dawn of War
Rollercoaster Tycoon

>Add
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed
The King of Fighters 98 UM
Dawn of War 2
X-Com: Enemy Unknown
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
>>
>>341791174
>Nostalgiafag's pick
kek
>>
>>341791174
Out of the ones I played:
>Amnesia
>Braid
>Undying
>Half-Life
>Minecraft
>Portal
>Spore
>Mass Effect
>Morrowind
>Worms Armageddon
I would remove Minecraft and Spore.

Add:
>La-Mulana
>E.Y.E
>Doom (I know it says post-DOS but use a source-port or something)
>Antichamber
>Terraria
>Kairo
>Shovel Knight
>Valdis Story
>>
>>341791174
I would remove everything
>>
>>341792412
>Minecraft
It's easily one of the defining games of the era. There is no real reason to remove it other than not wanting to be associated with its young playerbase.

It's still a fun game.
>>
>>341792536
This desu
>>
>>341792536
>It's still a fun game.
Back when I played it there was not much to do, and the combat sucked ass. Maybe they changed it or something.

Redstone contraptions are pretty impressive though
>>
remove spore

REMOVE SPORE
>>
Remove assassins creed seriously
should just play it on console since you don't have to jump through the uplay hoops

i also feel the legacy of kain games and final fantasy 7 are better experienced playing on console (pretty sure you need to jump through square enix hoops to play it on pc anyway), not to mention the controls fuckin suck for the first blood omen on pc
>>
7/8's of this list has aged like absolute shit and although some of them were pretty awesome, should never be touched by anyone now.
>>
>>341793541
>pretty sure you need to jump through square enix hoops to play it on pc anyway
Not at all. Controls are fine for Blood Omen too, the only issue is compatibility.

I've heard the Dreamcast version of Soul Reaver is better, but I can't confirm
>>
Remove the shitty excuse for a rhythm game.
>>
>No Evil genius

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ANON?
>>
>>341791174
diablo 2 is a million times better than diablo 1
>>
hmhmhm.

so these are PC games? how quaint. i wouldn't expect troglodytes to appreciate true gaming legends, but this? fwahahaha. pitiful. Not even worth my pity.
>>
>>341791174
Remove everything and just put forklift simulator on 100 times
>>
STALKER
Metal Gear Solid(s)
Metal Gear Rising Reveangeance
>>
>>341794372
>MGS
>PC
>>
>>341791174
Add Gothic 1-2 and make it ES II-IV
>>
>>341791174
Replace Dragon Age with Gothic
>>
>>341794372
emulation can get you all games besides MGS4,
>>
>>341791174
>No TF2

>One of the funnest online FPS's in existence that's literally free, not worth downloading all of its entire 10.5 gb

W E W
>>
>Remove
Spore

>Add
Alpha Centauri
>>
>>341791174
Add Thief and Prince of Persia
>>
Postal 2 was edgy shit.
Crysis was a playable benchmark.
FF7 - console game.
Oni and NOLF were pretty good, but not worth mentioning.
Gemini Rue was alright, but forgettable.
>>
File: PC.jpg (344 KB, 2313x3991) Image search: [Google]
PC.jpg
344 KB, 2313x3991
>>341791174
>>
File: 1464891114572.jpg (25 KB, 288x492) Image search: [Google]
1464891114572.jpg
25 KB, 288x492
>>341791174
>no HoMM 3
>>
>>341795263
tf2 is shit
>>
>>341796361
It's fun when you first play it

And it's free

If you want games that are worth getting, one that is literally free should be pretty high on the list
>>
>>341791174
Remove Limbo, World of Goo, Dead Space, Bioshock (those two are shit ports), Bastion, Mirror's Edge and Minecraft, add Natural Selection 2, Terraria, Cortex Command, King's Bounty: The Legend/Crossworlds, some Total War game, Mount and Blade: Warband (come on op), Titan Quest and/or Grim Dawn, Space Pirates and Zombies, Serious Sam first two encounters, Orcs Must Die 2, and Tribes: Ascend. And maybe Broforce but there are already a lot of indies there
>>
>>341795986
>Crysis was a playable benchmark.
You definitely did not play this game.
>>
There are honestly too many good games on PC for a list like this to be practical, I mean just glancing over that I see that Dungeon Defenders, Risk of Rain, Killing Floor, M&B, Legend of Grimrock, Painkiller, Spacechem, Gas Guzzlers, Distance/Nitronic Rush, Antichamber, and many others aren't on there
>>
>bastion
no
>lego star wars
this is a joke, right?
>>
>>341795986
>Crysis was a playable benchmark.
Is this meme STILL on?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.