[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there such a shortage of good ol' Vietnam games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: v06_10101062.jpg (281 KB, 990x662) Image search: [Google]
v06_10101062.jpg
281 KB, 990x662
Why is there such a shortage of good ol' Vietnam games?
>>
>>341762037
Cuz vietnam was too easy.
>>
>>341762037
If the Americans were portrayed as the good guys sjws would get mad and if they weren't 'Muricans wouldn't play the game.
You can only kill terrorists or white males in modern shooters.
>>
Because the whole game would be about walking through the jungle smoking weed, when you get shot in the head and killed by some gook hiding in the foliage.
>>
>>341762037
cause the copyright costs for It Aint Me gets higher and higher every time they make a new one
>>
>>341762037
>>
>>341764236
kill yourself
>>
File: Floor is lava.gif (2 MB, 350x283) Image search: [Google]
Floor is lava.gif
2 MB, 350x283
>>341762037

Because murica lost.
>>
>most vidya is made by americans
>americans don't like to make vidya about wars they lost
>>
>vietnam vidya thread
>It ain't me starts playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
>>
>>341762037
Because amerifats don't want to remember how they got their asses kicked
>>
>thread about vietnam
>barely any replies because americucks are STILL butthurt about losing
>>
>>341765147
>>341765507
>>341766285
all me :)
>>
Fighting a "losing" war could be interesting. You can still have victories and losses within that, not just a string of losing. And if the ultimate goal of the player is just to survive and get out at the end, you've still won anyway. It's just like how it can be interesting to play levels as the Germans in a WW2 game since it gives you a different perspective.
>>
>>341766570

nobody wants to play as the drug abusing, civillian killing villains "America". any successful war fps needs to put the player in the shoes of the good guys - the Vietcong

>mission where you go in undercover to take out a unit of amerishits off their faces on LSD and liberate the innocent kindergarten aged vietnamese girls they were planning to rape
>>
File: LSD is a hell of a drug.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
LSD is a hell of a drug.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>341766363

Liar
>>
Battlefield Vietnam was good
>>
>>341767119
I'd pay money to play a game where you try to drive the French out of Indochina. It's a conflict that doesn't get much attention.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.