[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Terraria general on /vg/ just died again despite 1.3.1 coming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12
File: IcySkinnyBettong.webm (189 KB, 976x622) Image search: [Google]
IcySkinnyBettong.webm
189 KB, 976x622
>Terraria general on /vg/ just died again despite 1.3.1 coming out not that long ago
>Starbound is being released next month and is just getting better and better with each daily update
>Otherworld nowhere in sight

Red is finished, Terraria will never even have the opportunity to become a franchise. They're already scrambling to try and get 1.3.2 ready for next month so they can try to overshadow Starbound's release, delaying already promised features to 1.3.3.

RIP Re-Logic, RIP Terraria. Remember to thank based Tiy in a month for reinventing the genre.
>>
File: 1339927427525.jpg (107 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1339927427525.jpg
107 KB, 500x375
I think you are forgetting about Terraria: Otherworld and Terraria 2 OP

I feel like Terraria as it is now is pretty much near perfect and doesn't really need anymore updates besides bugfixes and QoL changes. I'd rather they focus their resources on making the spinoff and sequel great games.
>>
>>341752336
Tiy, how much shilling do you need to do before you are satisfied?
>>
I thought we stopped the SB vs Terreria shit posting memes when SB was nothing but smoke and mirrors.
It's also worse with each one, but it's okay, modders will fix it!
>>
>5 year old game's tiny minor patches overshadowed by the release of a new game
woah...
>>
>>341752336
>It's another anti-chucklefuck false flag episode.

If you're going to post garbage, at least make it funny.
>>
>>341752980
>Guess it's okay when Red does it. :^)
Because he hasn't taken preorders for it, you tard.
>>
>Starbound is being released
>released

For real? Not just another we-changed-all-the-mechanics-again-lol not-update from Chucklefuck?
>>
File: 1463633165642.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1463633165642.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
>>341752336
>they still haven't released 1.0
Holy fuck how I regret buying this garbage.
>>
>>341753365
Starbound came out 3 years ago and it was shit because he promised the stars, and gave us a watered down Terraria
>>
>>341752980
You're a fucking retard who doesn't even know what the fuck abandonware is.
>>
>>341753365
Who gives a shit? Waiting for terreria 2.
Terreria had it's future, and SB was supposed to capitalize on that. It did everything in it's power (And by it and mean the dev team) to shit on that potential as hard as they could.
Starbound already came out, it came and it went and no one gives a shit except shit posters trying to start shit, and beaten house wives.
>>
File: 1421524897284.jpg (93 KB, 632x464) Image search: [Google]
1421524897284.jpg
93 KB, 632x464
>Starbound
Worse fucking purchase I've ever made on steam.
>>
>>341754808
you clearly never bought cortex command.
>>
>>341755095
The same thing I was saying when ter was waiting for an update when the hype train was on maximum for prerelease """"""""beta"""""""" of SB

No one will care
>>
>release is in a month
wrong, the release was 3 years ago, just because they'll slap "1.0" on the version won't wake it better

what are the changes with 1.0?
>>
File: tera.jpg (14 KB, 296x137) Image search: [Google]
tera.jpg
14 KB, 296x137
What's the appeal? I never understood where the meat of the game really is. At that time minecraft was still pretty hype, but on this one, I just felt lost and dropped it
>>
>>341755139
Maybe he bought it before it's Steam release
>>
>>341752336
I don't understand if it's bait or if he's trying too much to fit in
>terrariacuck
>abandonware
>it's ok when X does it
>;^)

either way, kill yourself
>>
>>341752336
>it's another chucklefuck employee tries to scam more costumers into investing for a mass migration to their office where they fuck around in beanbags and electrocute puppies
fuck off, don't you have features you added two patches ago to remove?
>>
>>341755753
>chucklefuck
>"employees"
It's all Tiy now, whoever else is left wishes to be anywhere else
>>
File: terraria1.jpg (74 KB, 621x428) Image search: [Google]
terraria1.jpg
74 KB, 621x428
>>341755483
Fun with friends and it reminds me of Rock Riders series in LEGO. Man I need to find the nice comics again somewhere, maybe there are scans on the internet
>>
>>341752336
Did they finally revert the dumb backpedalling mechanic? I quit the game because of it, completely fucking infuriating for anyone using a mouse.
>>
>>341755483
The boss battles left the biggest impression on me, especially the Wall of Flesh. It scrolls all the way across the world in Hell as you fight it and changes the overworld completely when it dies.
>>
>>341755483
You probably didn't get to the good parts with only 3 hours of play time.
>>
>>341752336
1.3.1 wasn't a content update, so it's understandable that the general's a bit dead. It only REALLY comes to life when major updates like 1.2 or 1.3 hit.

My personal theory about why 1.3.2 has been split into two patches is because people felt flustered that we waited a literal year for 1.3.1 which was a purely mechanical update with a bare minimum content expansion, so they're trying to get something out sooner to make up for that.

>>341752980
It was intended, but it wasn't confirmed. Red extended the development cycle of the game to add more content and features to--

why am I even repeating this? Literally every single time you keep shilling Starbound, I bring this up, and you never address it or amend your fucking propaganda. I don't know why I bother.

Why can't you just advertise Starbound on its own merits instead of trying to constantly compete with Terraria? Literally from the beginning of Starbound's development there's constantly been comparisons to Terraria, trying to sell it as "Terraria, but better". This clearly isn't the case. The game is more unalike from Terraria than it is like it, and this is to its detriment because when trying to appeal to people who like Terraria, they're going to see the lack of features that Terraria takes for standard as a reduction of quality in the product overall, and now that you're outright attacking Terraria you're going to lose even more.

Just talk about how great the combat is going to be or some shit. Rave about how the new mechanics are going to make combat so much deeper.

If you can't tell people that the core issues that make Starbound an unappealing and a worthless product are being addressed because that would be a lie, then shill the game on what sets it apart instead of what is perceived to be better.

Fuck.
>>
>>341755537
this doesn't awnser my question.
what will be the main thing that make the difference between a beta and a finished game?
>>
>Yes! Suck on that, game that was released 5 years ago! Noone's playing you anymore
Terraria is still No.19 on Steam. Where's Starbound?
>>
>>341752980
A game has to be released to be abandonware, dumb cuck.
>>
shoo shoo chucklefuck shills
>>
>>341757435
Of course it is. That guy got Terraria from alpha to 1.3 without asking for more money. That guy's alright.
>>
>>341756959
Early game is the best though
>>
>>341757435
It's okay because Red keeps going in a single direction while the retards in charge of Shitbound add content only to remove it a few months later. :^)
>planet uniqueness
>temperature
>hunger
>non-contact combat
>>
>>341752336
>>341752980
Funny thing about retards like this.
It makes me less likely to give starbound another chance.

I pirated it and played with some friends what was it, 5 years ago?
I had some fun, I liked some things in it over Terraria.
This just reeks of desperation though and they go back and forth between having survival mechanics or not, not really knowing who to pander to.
>>
So...Terraria thread?
>>
>>341757435
Red didn't have the game in Early Access. Red didn't treat the game as being in beta the whole time. Red didn't ask for fifteen dollars based on unfulfilled promises.

He made a game that worked on its own merits, then expanded on that with a direction in mind instead of constantly getting caught in a quagmire of redesigning basic mechanics over and over and asking for more money all the while.

Red also didn't hire like 8 fucking artists and two coders, one of which bailed ship, and Red and his employees also don't make a habit of treating the fanbase like shit and then acting like it's the fans' fault.
>>
File: vcaqfe.png (30 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
vcaqfe.png
30 KB, 246x200
>new world
>digging around underground
>find two spelunking potions in a water chest
>fuck yeah
>accidentally drink both one right after another
>get killed by a wall creeper a minute later
>mfw dying in pre-hardmode and losing both potions

FUCK THOSE SPIDERS
>>
File: 3463.jpg (26 KB, 339x326) Image search: [Google]
3463.jpg
26 KB, 339x326
>terraria: 19,053 players online
>starbound: 2,381 players online

CHUCKLEFUCK ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>341759523
J-J-JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT MONTH T-TERRARIAKEK.
IT'S NOT LIKE PLAYERS ON STEAM MATTER ANYWAY
>>
>>341760028
Is this your first game that's been in alpha for three years getting an official release?
>>
>>341760028
>get btfo
>"y-yeah, but maybe one day you'll be btfo"
>>
>>341760028
>>players would have to start from scratch
another broken promise to the pile :^)

but don't worry i definitely will since the only people defending starbound these days are disgruntled furries who are butthurt they're forced to play as a human in terraria and retards like you, i doubt it'll even break half of terraria's players despite terraria not having a content update for a while
>>
This thread serves as yet another reminder that this board serves no purpose whatsoever
>>
>>341752336
OMG imagine a fallout tier game but with the pixel graphics and mechanics of the game shown in OP's webm xDxD!!!
>>
if you are wondering what is going to be added in the 1.0 read this blog post http://playstarbound.com/final-approach-to-1-0/
>>
File: 1437440373767.jpg (368 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1437440373767.jpg
368 KB, 3000x3000
>this entire thread

Thanks for reminding me 1.3.1 came out though, gona boot up Terraria soon.
>>
>>341752336
Go to bed Tiy
>>
>>341752336
That's Starbound though
>>
>>341757435
Yes it is. Since it actually gets released instead of just promising infinite shit and then not following through. Anyway here's your (you) since you're obviously just fishing for replies
>>
>>341755483
Playing with friends is incredibly fun.

Also the boss battles are GR8
>>
>>341759523
Still more players than Battleborn.
>>
>>341760609
you mean besides being the go-to place for baiting because /v/irgins are easily triggered and will gladly give hundreds of replies to bait that appears several times a day
>>
>>341761617
boy you're mad
>>
File: 1435982894473.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1435982894473.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>341759523
DELETE THIS
>>
>>341761617
You're actually worse than the ones you think are getting baited.
OP is pretending to do the same mistake all people have been complaining about on /v/ for the last 5 years. Do you really think people are just sitting behind their screen getting mad at OP?
I'm only posting here because I'm too lazy to even get up and go get something to eat.
>>
File: download%2520%286%29.jpg (13 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
download%2520%286%29.jpg
13 KB, 216x233
>>341759523
>tfw even after the 1.0 will be release starbound is not going to outnumber the player count of terraria
>>
>want to play Starbound
>torrent latest version
>quests are disabled just because
>you can't even start playing the game because you don't have a mining tool
>you have to use console commands to hack it in because the tutorial quest was supposed to give it to you
I really don't feel like hunting down the last version that had actually working gameplay, so I guess I have to wait for the release.
>>
>It's an "I judge a game's objective quality and popularity by the amount of threads and posts it has on /v/ and /vg/" episode
>>
>>341763764
Why? You'll get bored in a couple hours.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.