[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question /v/! In anticipation of Persona 5 I am wanting to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 430x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 430x600
Question /v/! In anticipation of Persona 5 I am wanting to play Persona 3, but aren't sure what version to get. Should I get P3P on pstv or FES version on PS3?
>>
We've been over this so many times. FES for the full, P3 experience, P3P for any future replays.
>>
Get FES on the PS store or just emulate it for save states.
>>
>>341750307
I'd suggest the PSP version, purely so you can control your party members
>>
File: 796.jpg (27 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
796.jpg
27 KB, 625x626
>>341750418
>being so inept you can't select the knockdown tactic and leave it on for the rest of the game
>>
File: 1461266442279.jpg (268 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461266442279.jpg
268 KB, 800x800
>>341750307
Fes
>>
File: Aigis.png (137 KB, 337x331) Image search: [Google]
Aigis.png
137 KB, 337x331
>>341750392
>>341750392
>>341750392
>>341750392
>>341750392
This
>>
FES. In the P3P, you don't get to walk around outside the dungeons. It's more like a visual novel.
>>
FES is also 10 bucks cheaper than P3P as well on PSN.
>>
>>341750307
I got P3P because I like handhelds and my all my other Sony consoles were "mysteriously broken" but since you're not going handheld (and for whatever reason bought the pstv) go FES since it just makes sense to do that.
>>
>>341750307
FES for full experience, P3P for replaying.

P3P removes FMV cutscenes and all of the ingame 3D aspect outside of dungeons, turning outside of dungeon gameplay into a visual novel.

Don't play P3P on your first playthrough unless you are a fucking retard and want to ruin your experience. P3FES has two story modes, The Journey and The Answer, The Answer is an expansion set after main story so don't start with that either.

You can get P3FES on PS3.
>>
>>341751141
I have a pstv and vita. Just enjoy playing rpgs on the tv when im home.
>>
>>341751209
To add to that, P3P also removes fusion spells (they got turned into baby mode cards), adds a ton of casualization and an optional non-canon alternate story mode where the MC is female rather than male which gives you some different social links (main story stays the same however) and few music tracks are different on the girl path.

P3P also downgraded the graphics (as if they weren't poor enough), models have lower polygon count and lower resolution textures.

The only "improvement" of P3P is directly controlling party memembers except it's not an improvement at all since they didn't bother to rebalance the game for that change and thus the game became ultra piss easy casual shit.

Seriously fucking play P3FES.

Get P3P in the future for the novelty factor of female protag playthrough and only that.
>>
>>341750675
Is she the Teddie of the game?
>>
File: 1417290810581.png (99 KB, 333x320) Image search: [Google]
1417290810581.png
99 KB, 333x320
>>341751578
No, koromaru is and he's way better than Teddie
>>
>>341751578
No, Koromaru is the mascot and he's just a dog, a regular dog that doesn't talk or anything, just fight and bark. Koromaru is thousand times better than the garbage that was Teddie.
>>
Definitely P3P, it's superior to FES in content and gameplay.
>>
>>341752484
>it's superior to FES in content
>IN CONTENT
Bait: The Post
>>
>>341750307
From what I understand P3P doesn't actually let you walk around the environments. That was the biggest deal-breaker for me.
>>
>>341752597

The Answer, a grindfest with nothing but recycled content, does not compare to FeMC.
>>
>>341752631
P3P also removed ability to use weapons other than swords, removed the expansion, removed quite a bit of voiced audio lines (due to PSP size limitations) and removed fusion spells. P3P is fucking garbage but retarded waifufags spouting "BUT MUH ROLEPLAYING AS A GRILL XDDD MUH DIRECT CONTROL THAT BREAKS THE BALANCE BUT WHO CARES LOL" will eat that shit up anyway.

>>341752910
>Actual fucking new hand crafted dungeons with their own music tracks like P1/P2 instead of random generated shit
>new story that expands on the game and gives closure to the rest of the cast
>RECYCLED CONTENT
Seriously kill yourself.
>>
>>341753094
>MUH DIRECT CONTROL THAT BREAKS THE BALANCE BUT WHO CARES LOL

Turn the difficulty up, faggot.
>>
File: Video Games.png (2 MB, 1484x823) Image search: [Google]
Video Games.png
2 MB, 1484x823
Play FES first, I played P3P first then FES and I can say without a doubt that FES is better for your first play through.
>>
>>341753261
Literally does nothing beyond increasing enemy HP and reducing how much EXP you get. The enemy AI and tactics aren't optimized for direct control at all. Also way to move the goalpost and ignore everything else.
>>
>>341753452

>P3P is too easy!
>W-who cares that you can make it harder, it doesn't count unless it comes from shitty AI
FES elitistes are the worst. Why not just stick to SMT if you want some unfairly difficult game that hinges on RNG?
>>
>>341754020
>P3FES
>unfair

Yeah, thanks for proving you're too fucking stupid to use Tactics.
>>
FES then watch The Answer on Youtube. It's not worth it trust me.
>>
>>341754240
>It's not worth it trust me.
Kill yourself
>>
>>341754240
I'd even say it's not worth the time to actually sit through the cutscenes. I only read a summary and I'm content with that.
>>
File: 1411547143492.png (44 KB, 160x151) Image search: [Google]
1411547143492.png
44 KB, 160x151
>>341753261
Turning up the difficulty in Persona just means increasing the chance that you get one-shotted. Doesn't exactly make the game more interesting.
>>
>>341755379
>I'd even say it's not worth the time to actually sit through the cutscenes. I only read a summary and I'm content with that.
Holy shit you are beyond cancerous
>>
>>341754240
The Answer is pretty good gameplay-wise.
>>
>>341753094
>BUT MUH ROLEPLAYING AS A GRILL XDDD MUH DIRECT CONTROL THAT BREAKS THE BALANCE BUT WHO CARES
But, you have to turn on direct control and only a fucking faggot would do that. Obviously FES is the better version and P3P exists as a portable version of the game. There's no need to start shitting yourself over it, like... And thee's no need to cite an optional battle format as a reason why something "is bad".
Like, calm down.
>>
>>341755705
Did you even read the thread? He was recommending P3P as better one, read the entire conversation next time before you butt in, moron.
>>
>>341755883
I did read it and that's neither here nor there. You interjected and, in all caps, cited an optional gender and an optional battle system being reasons for P3P being "bad". FES has more stuff and it's better, P3P is portable and if you want it on the go then play that instead. That is literally the entire debate settled.

But you going a tirade about a fucking video game on an anonymous image board is absolutely pointless, especially when your "points" are calling additional options "bad".

Like, next time turn your brain on before you reply and stop getting upset about nothing.
>>
>>341756294
P3P is not acceptable in any way, shape or form for first playthrough.
Please die.
>>
>>341756413
>first playthrough
>'game isn't okay you play because you should play the extended version before it because I have arbitrarily decided this'
>demanding that people with lives replay 100hour jrpg's just because you personally haven't seen sunlight in years
Like, you're really very pathetic and it's ok to crave attention having lived a life with no friends and no self-esteem, but taking it out on anonymous strangers by pretending you're some sort of games authority and demanding people carry out video game schedules dictated by you is absolutely hilarious and I hope your pile of poopsocks ferment letting off a poisonous gas that kills you before P5 releases. You faggot.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.