[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this not the most uninspiring game you have ever seen? >Played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: Days-Gone-head-1200x675[1].png (955 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Days-Gone-head-1200x675[1].png
955 KB, 1200x675
Is this not the most uninspiring game you have ever seen?

>Played out zombie setting
>Angst ridden middle aged American with troubled past
>Over the shoulder action gameplay with "stealth" mechanics
>Post apocalyptic/abandoned setting
>>
>>341747767
my thoughts exactly when I saw the trailer. the number of zombies on screen is cool and all, but the rest looks bland as fuck
>>
>>341747767
Hey at least its not a survival crafting game in alpha.
>>
File: 523453245345.jpg (78 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
523453245345.jpg
78 KB, 400x600
>patch that literally says "biker"

I think that might actually be worse than Watch Dogs 2's hacker stickers.

At least Starkiller is back.
>>
Bend should have made Resistance Retribution 2 instead of this.
>>
>>341747912
I literally left to make food when it came on. Boring shit. Maybe it will be good but im certainly not excited about a TLOU clone.
>>
>>341747767
it looks like it might be somewhat fun to play but i agree, it's totally bland and does nothing whatsoever for me
>>
The demo was boring as fuck because the zombies would not attack him, even if he ran into the zombies. They weren't even try to hide the fact that the whole thing was scripted. Who gets hyped by such a shallow presentation?
>>
When was the last time we got an open world Triple A zombie survival game outside of the Techland zombie games?
>>
>>341747767
Is that James Franco?
>>
>>341749976
>open world Triple A zombie survival game
Never? Is Dead Rising considered open world? I guess it wouldn't be considered AAA? Is Techland even considered AAA? To be fair, the term AAA developer doesn't have a canon meaning to it, and seems to mean any game not made by an indie developer.

Day Z could have fit the bill, but the developers will never finish that game as to what the originally promised.
>>
>>341750641
>Day Z could have fit the bill, but the developers will never finish that game as to what the originally promised.
Not single player - It will never count.
>>
>wah its a white male
>wah zombies
>wah its over the shoulder
>wah its post apocalyptic

so. you literally praised and worshipped the past like 5 games with zombies and gave it GOTY, but now youre trying to shit on it, like it isnt something you wanted?

you're hypocrites
the same way you faggots cry about open world, but the second zelda does it, you're all for it.

you're hypocrites
>>
File: 1462197799400.jpg (84 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
1462197799400.jpg
84 KB, 600x602
>waiting years for a good MC game after TLaD and watching sons
>this pile of bland zombie shit is what i get
>>
>>341750892
Well the anon I was replying to didn't say anything about it having to be a story driven single player game. I would argue that you could play Day Z single player, but the fact that the zombies have actually gotten worse in the standalone as compared to the mod means that any fun from the game comes from other players. Anyways, I really wanted Day Z to be good and it depresses me that the standalone alpha/beta/whatever they are calling their shit build has been out for years now and is no where closer to be done. At least it taught me a valuable lesson about preordering, and I won't preorder any games unless its like a week before release.
>>
>>341751117
How come newfags can't get in their head that /v/ isn't just one voice? Do they see that every post is under than name "anonymous" and thinks it is just one person posting over and over?
>>
>>341747767

It's like The Last of Us split into two games: the zombie stuff became this game and the parenting stuff became the new God of War.
>>
File: Starkiller-force-unleashed-22.jpg (91 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Starkiller-force-unleashed-22.jpg
91 KB, 640x360
>>341747767
Hopefully this game along with all the other naughty dog wannabes can burst the naughty dog bubble that they are not good developers.
>>
Heck, I liked it and everything I hear about it makes me feel it has a lot of potential.

The horde was actually that many enemies on the screen, are harder to take down in the actual game than in the demo.

There's crafting but weapons aren't rare, it's an action game unlike TLOU.

Then again I like zombies and no zombie game since tlou has had my interest. I like the open world and third person perspective.
>>
>>341747767
>>341748049

WAIT WHAT

OH
MY
GOD
>>
>>341747767
Setting might not be anything special but the game looks like it could be fun.
>>
>>341748798
I think two of them attacked after he shot two explosive barrels but they didnt seem to effect him. Would have been better if they were more aggressive I agree.
>>
>>341747767
Pretty much.

It's complete idiocy for dudebros.

>woah dude so cool I'm mowing down 50 zombies xd

Just fuck off with this garbage. Sony conference was a real letdown.
>>
>>341748049
To be fair it also says something in tiny writing around the biker bit.
>>
>>341751859
>a game not made by Naughty Dog will make people think ND are not good developers

You're kind of stupid, huh?
>>
It looks like the Pacific Northwest, which is a C-O-M-F-Y setting at least
>>
I guess it'll be cool for people who somehow aren't sick of zombie games yet.
>>
>>341747767
Eh, EZA explain it better for me, but I'm not really that interested in a another open world survival game.

But my opinion better now.
>>
They're alive, so technically they're not Zombies
>>
>>341751117

>different people say different things at different times
>"you're hypocrites"

You're a retard.
>>
>>341753575
Are they truly alive, or do they just exist?
>>
>>341753575
they're fucking zombie, they're just easier to kill cause you don't need to aim for the head
>>
>>341747767
Cry more. People have whined about how zombie games and movies are "played out" for almost a decade now and they still make bank. This is one of the only new games announced at E3 that interested me. I bet your tiny pecker got hard when you saw Dead Rising 4 but you still want to complain about zombie games.
>>
>>341753701
das deep, mang
>>
>>341753413
I am still waiting for a zombie game like dead island and the other one except with more zombies, only one type of zombie and no RPG stuff, or at least the zombies dont level up. And barricades for rooms and stuff maybe.
>>
File: tipz.jpg (13 KB, 221x225) Image search: [Google]
tipz.jpg
13 KB, 221x225
>>341752734
>dudebros
>>
>>341753701
>>341753772
I watched some interview with the devs talking and they eat, sleep and shit like everyone else, they're just feral as fuck
>>
It looks kind of interesting to me actually. I like the idea that your motorcycle is your trusty steed and that there's just massive hordes of zombies that sleep all day. I imagine that it'd be creepy as fuck to find a bunch of sleeping zombies and having to be as quiet as you can. Plus apparently different kinds of zombies will attack each other and battle for resources. And you play as a bounty hunter, which is rad.

I had a hard time getting into the demo though because he clearly had god mode and infinite ammo.
>>
>game is being developed in my home town
>friends with several of game designers at sony bend
>focus tested uncharted on vita months before vita was released
>game will take place in central oregon, with several well known locations
>going to focus test this game next

I'm stoked at least
>>
>>341755424
How the fuck are there so many zombies in central Oregon? I mean sure Oregon has a bigger population and is more dense than say Montana, but why would 1000s of zombies be in the middle of no where?
>>
>>341752965
Its the same nd formula, besides the cool zombie crowd tech, people are already comparing it to a mediocre tlou as well as an average looking game overallbefore the game is out, if this had nd slapped at the beginning, people would've gone batshit and not think twice.
So all this wave of nd like games will show people that they've always been a mediocre studio because of how shallow and generic their games really are.
When you hear people talk about uncharted before 4 almost everyone agress 2 is the best, 1 is boring and 3 is very pretty but shit, and psvita was mediocre and forgotten quickly, yet its one of the most praised franchises from last gen and it only has 1 good game, even though they all play exactly the same and the only difference between them is the story and graphics,tlou almost plays the same and now they are already rehashing that to U4, but you get 50k different cover animations!!! Amazing!
Same thing happened withBorderlands devs, their bubble was burst and it showed that they aren't a good developer.
>>
>>341755926
They probably moved out there to hunt animals or something.
>>
>>341755926
Bend is a vacation town nowadays. We have a population of about 80,000, but that doesn't count the extra 20,000+ tourists that come year round for the mountain/summer festivals.

I'm not creaing the game mind you, but I'd be surprised if the game didn't reach out towards Eugene, Corvallis, Salem or even Portland.
>>
>>341755424
So what's gonna happen with Syphon Filter?
>>
>>341751117
(You)
>>
File: 28-Days-Later.jpg (51 KB, 300x447) Image search: [Google]
28-Days-Later.jpg
51 KB, 300x447
Just fucking do this.
>>
File: 1463003314603.jpg (459 KB, 1200x849) Image search: [Google]
1463003314603.jpg
459 KB, 1200x849
To me it looked nice. Protagnist seemed nice, not edgy, zombies are overplayed but I'll see what they do with it, nothing big was shown or what we can do in the world. The gunplay seemed weak, the sound sounded weak, like it has no punch and the effects doesn't feel like it has much of an impact.

Love the whole biker/masculine culture so I will keep an eye out for it.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.