[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing this game for the first time. What can I expect? When
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: Dark_cloud_2_us_front.jpg (141 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
Dark_cloud_2_us_front.jpg
141 KB, 640x908
Playing this game for the first time. What can I expect?

When I get hit I seem to take a lot of damage, is there anyway to lessen that?
>>
Yeah, block.
>>
>>341737296
Yeah the timing seems weird so far but I just got finished with dark souls 3 so I need to get used to it I guess.
>>
>>341737127
Don't get hit.
Find some potatoes and parfaits.
>>
>>341737127
fun game, block more, also be sure to use the other character at least a bit or you will have a hard time later
>>
>>341737714
oh also if you are an autist be SURE to look up a missable photo list
>>
>>341737793
Photos? I dont have a camera yet?
>>
>>341737793
LISTEN TO THIS MAN

If you want all the pictures (and you will need them) as soon as you have your camera, LOOK UP THE PICTURE LIST there are shots, specifically bosses, that if you don't snap a pic you lose the chance forever. And the end game is when the best invention combos unlock (a lot of them use boss pictures)

LOOK UP THE FUCKING GUIDE, MISS NOTHING.

If you take on the beast that is chapter 7, you'll thank me.
>>
>>341738004
It's a huge part of the game, you get it I think 7 floors into the first dungeon

it's also the funnest part of the game
>>
>>341737127
The best golf minigame out there.
>>
>>341738068
Don't forget fishing. Hell, Spheda and fishing were almost better than the actual game
>>
>>341738068
fucking this. I love Spheda.
>>
Pretty fun game, it's one of my favorite games of all time. Literally the embodiment of comfy. And that OST man.
>>
File: 1422832582021.jpg (92 KB, 665x951) Image search: [Google]
1422832582021.jpg
92 KB, 665x951
>>341737127

A shitload of content if you end up liking how it plays.

Also look up the save-file token trick if you'd rather cheese costume currency rather than earning it yourself.
>>
Dark Cloud was the first game I owned on ps2. Got halfway through the last dungeon and quit. Is the sequel better?
>>
>>341739274
We need more good fan art and lewds
>>
An endless stream of generated hallways.
>>
>>341739645
It's the same but different if that makes sense. It's largely the same but there are quite a few major changes and QoL things. Definitely worth a play if you liked the first at all.
>>
>no Dark Cloud 3
>no Dark Cloud reboot
>no Dark Cloud spiritual successor
It hurts
The closest thing is probably Yakuza
>>
>>341739645
Dark Cloud 2 is generally considered better than the first.
>>
>>341740104
>No Dark Cloud 3
>Shit like Days Gone gets funded

I hate this planet
>>
>>341740104
>Yakuza

How so? Only played a little of Yakuza 1. What are the similarities? Is there a building element in later games?
>>
>>341740653
>E3
>AAA cinematic titles front and center
>games like Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, and Yakuza are swept way in a corner
>>
>>341740692
No building or inventing but there's a shit ton of stuff to do aside from the main game
>>
>>341740801
That's why I just wait for TGS. E3 is always shit.
>>
>>341740981
Ah I see what you mean. I love games with lots of side/optional content, think i'll try the yakuza games. Thanks.
>>
>>341739645
The town building is far worse, but the dungeons much better since you only have to upgrade 4 weapons.
>>
pros:
>unbelievable amount of content
>high replayability, backtracking is worth it
>incredibly fun minigames
>charming characters and art style the whole way through
>unparalleled comfort, great atmosphere
>grinding and most content is 100% optional
>fair difficulty
>almost bug-free
>inventing and town building are addictive
>character quests are varied and can be done in any order at any time for big benefits

cons:
>great composition on soundtrack ruined by low quality artificial instruments
>weapon customization is fake and shallow, best route is always to just build up however it wants
>some content is bland/repetitive/not worth the time (monster capture, fish racing)
>some invisible walls
>some invention ideas are difficult to find/unreasonable
>Parn is the worst character ever and deserves to die for his crimes

All in all still a timeless classic to me, my favorite of all time. Godspeed OP.
>>
>>341739872

I would kill for a DC1+2 remaster and the subsequent fanart surge that would come from it. Too bad Level 5 found their cashcow with Yokai Watch and will never think about DC again.

There were so many good games in the PS2 era that were just on the cusp of being made in a world where any cute vidya girl/boy (let's not like Max was also top tier) usually will get a decent amount of art.
>>
File: 079.png (12 KB, 167x219) Image search: [Google]
079.png
12 KB, 167x219
>>341741409
>The town building is far worse
>>
>>341741438
show me on the painting where Parn touched you
>>
>>341737127
Thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPiK4W1uz4Q

>>341741550
I've never even seen a human being playing or buying Yokai Watch and I work at Gamestop in a big city.
>>
>>341741567
>villages of 4 houses that look exactly the same
>npcs never leave their houses
>no roads
Hated it, towns in 2 are so bland.
>>
>>341737127
a creepy pedophile mayor who has clown costumes for boys and skimpy tiger outfits for girls.
Why does no one ever comment on this?
>>
File: best girl Julia (homeless).png (262 KB, 263x640) Image search: [Google]
best girl Julia (homeless).png
262 KB, 263x640
>>341741754
OKAY NO. I'M ACTUALLY REALLY MAD.

That motherfucker told me a heart-wrenching story about how he painted himself a perfect wife who would love him for who he was forever, and asked me to get him magical golden paint to bring her to life. I altered history and travelled through time to get it for him, he brought her to life, and as soon as I walked back onto the train she was there to tell me he ditched her and was painting a new wife who was better. He created a human being, MADE HIS WAIFU REAL and just fucking abandoned her without even painting her a house.

Then I needed him to live in one of my towns and the asshole refused to move in unless I bought some paint FROM HIM and made the roof purple.

Fuck Parn.
>>
>>341742454
whoa fuck I forgot about that
>>
>>341741778
>I've never even seen a human being playing or buying Yokai Watch and I work at Gamestop in a big city.

Same, but it's very popular in Japan.

>>341742454

Absolutely agree. That bummed me the hell out.
>>
>>341742454
Wow, what a dick.

I never finished that questline.
>>
>>341742767
You have to to get Parn to join you, move into the valley and finish the game, but it's never directly told in a cutscene or anything. Jou just go onto the train and talk to Julia after and she tells you in her normal dialogue that she was abandoned so Parn could paint a new wife.

Still mad.
>>
DC2's story was kinda shit, but the game in general is good
>>
>>341742919
Not even a thing at the end?
Like a hint of him going back and asking for forgiveness in a little credits scene or anything?
>>
>>341743069
Nope. The guy's not even voiced, he's just one of the NPCs you need to live in one of the towns as a requirement and you get him to join you by bringing him the golden paint. You only really find all of this out if you pay attention and read the dialogue, then talk to Julia when she gets added to the train. It's completely missable and never gets addressed or continued. You never see his new wife either.

If I remember right Julia's not even required to live in the same town.
>>
>>341743069
Yeah, here's the smarmy hipster scumbag before you give him the paint. He made a picture of himself and his waifu happily together and he kicks her into the street literally minutes after making her real.

At any time you can go onto the train and Julia's generic dialogue before you access her shop is when she tells you that Parn left her for a new painting.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>341744119
So mad I forgot the image.
>>
>>341741438
All the towns and dungeons in Dark Cloud 1 were much comfier than DK2.
>>
>>341744598
That's just your opinion dude.

Not saying that DC1 isn't special and a classic in its own way, just telling OP what's up with 2. I love both but can't recommend 1 as readily as 2, especially since they're not really tied together.
>>
>>341741409
>town building is worse

Is this a shitpost? Can anyone possibly hold this opinion?
>>
>>341745259
Not him but I get what he was saying about unique houses switching to generics and npcs always staying indoors.

I personally liked having to get materials to build things and having more control on who lives where. The towns in 2 look better and there's more stuff to build and decorate with, but it can seem sort of lifeless when nobody goes outside. Though in DC1 all they did was walk around at random.
>>
>>341745553
>unique houses

There were so many customizible options for houses though. As you went through the game you could make the same base houses look radically different by adding on different things.

I give you the NPCs not walking around, but that was because you could make your city's absolutely insane, there would be major pathing issues.
>>
>>341744840
I played the second game only fairly recently, and it is definitely the more polished game. It's aged extremely well. I just have a huge nostalgia boner for DK1, I grew up playing it, and I replay it with my brother every year. We started a run where we have to complete the dungeons without leaving (unless forced out). It was pretty successful until we hit the demon shaft. We usually get to around the 80's before getting fucked over.

There were a ton of things DC2 did better over 1. Off the top of my head
>better weapon leveling system
>better combat
>party was more thought out (I loved the DK1 cast, but the party was over-inflated)
>more side-content/can fish IN the dungeon
>decent voice acting added to the general atmosphere
>>
>>341745949
Oh, I agree. Just saying that each system of town building has its own way of doing things. Being able to paint the houses and rotate them accurately in 2 was great, and adding stuff like decorations to houses and little setpieces like benches and statues was a great idea. I really made my towns my own.
>>
>>341746064
>DK1
fuck I'm retarded. Obviously meant DC1.
>>
>>341737127
Max is useless. Break down everything and put it into Monicas sword
>>
>>341746352
His guns are crazy strong tho, and I'm pretty sure there's points in the game that you're forced to use Max
>>
>>341737127
You know, I really wanted to like this game, but the Georama bullshit you need to do to progress the plot is sooooo boring. Like holy shit.
>>
>>341739645

A LOT better. Only two characters this time, so it's all streamlined.

The only thing I didn't like was the fact you can't pick what element your weapon takes on, it uses the highest rated one, and if they're all maxed you get a random one or the one that was maxed out first. Though it's not really a huge deal since even if they're resistant to the element your high level weapons will one or two shot them anyway.

I love DC 1, the genie slut was pure waifu.

Building towns and fishing and spheda are great elements. You can get super autistic with the town building I swear to christ on his cross, there's lots of little details you can add to almost anyplace on them.

>>341737127

You get items that put your health higher. Each town has a 'present' mode and a 'future' mode. If you set the towns up right and everyone is happy in them, you can go to the future to find boxes that usually have health increasing items.
>>
>Dark Cloud thread
Hell yeah. I only played DC1 but I recommended 2 to someone on /v/ not too long ago. You here anon? How're you liking it?
>>
File: 1406428623498.jpg (42 KB, 696x535) Image search: [Google]
1406428623498.jpg
42 KB, 696x535
>>341746352
>What is Supernova
>>
>>341746532
>didn't like town building

The opinion of barely anyone ever.
>>
>>341746064
DC2 had a better budget and was way more polished, a 10/10 for me, but I'll always love the darker atmosphere and tougher challenge of 1. I'm playing through 1 with a little brother right now though and I'm finding spots where the game feels really rough. The camera freaking out in the shipwreck, the bug where you can use a stamina drink to cure anything, and the very poor balance of loot among the party make the game seem sort of busted at times. it also really can't compete with DC2's level of content. you spent most of your time just hammering straight through the dungeons, and combat was janky at times. Fuck Goro's input delay. Fat fuck couldn't hit shit.

I still love it for all its faults though.
>>
>>341746739
>I only played DC1
Play 2 faggot.
>>
>>341746532
It doesn't take up that much time in the game tho, the rest of the content is definitely worth it
>>
>>341746739
You can download a remaster of 2 on the ps4 right now. I still have my ps2 disc but apparently it's gotten expensive. Can't recommend it enough though, however you can get it.
>>
>>341746810

>poor loot balance

cant disagree, but fuck if finding the horn slingshot in a big chest the first floor after you get xiao wasnt the tightest shit

xiao a best
>>
>>341738052
>tedious fetch quest is the funnest part of game

I wish I could kill you.
>>
>>341746989
it's not remastered, just upscaled

it's not even aspect ratio fixed so it's still 4:3
>>
>>341747012
If you mute the voice, yes.
>>
>>341747019
I didn't mean the stupid chore cedric has you do, I mean takin fucking pics of EVERYTHING and getting fuckin SCOOPS
>>
>>341746809
It's not the town building itself that sucks - it's having to do a bunch of menial fetch quests and farming for crafting materials and NPC recruitment that bogs it down. And the fact that they make you do this shit like 5 times over is insane.
>>
File: 1436366588877.jpg (28 KB, 540x380) Image search: [Google]
1436366588877.jpg
28 KB, 540x380
>buy PS4 version
>want to go for the platinum
>following a guide for ideas because there are a shit ton of missable ones
>finish the volcano town
>double check the guide
>missing geysers
>realize it was missable
>the last save I had prior to that was half a dungeon before you even get there
>the guide didnt have it marked as missable
>>
>>341747259
>take pictures of everything including one time events that are easy to miss
>not a chore

Fuck off. Everyone knows Spheda's the best part of this game.
>>
File: 4x4 Video Games.jpg (731 KB, 1217x1220) Image search: [Google]
4x4 Video Games.jpg
731 KB, 1217x1220
>>341746989
>>341746839
>tfw collector
I own DC2 on PS2 and I have the HD cables for a PS2, but also no time and huge assed backlog. Kill me
>>
>>341747365
>too much content

Ok...
>>
>>341747012

99% of my gametime was Xiao (part I thought she was cute, part I loved Steve's commentary). Everybody else was so damn gimp that those x-character only levels were fairly challenging.
>>
>>341747012
I did sort of love how you could find endgame weapons really early if you were lucky, but I found too many bone rapiers and other worthless junk that was for the wrong character to forgive it. I also noticed that they stopped spawning as many chests if you kept going back in 1 or just turned them all into mimics. Drove me crazy.

Xiao took time but she grew on me a lot. it might have had something to do with me watching Escaflowne recently.

DC1 really nails that old-school anime feel.
>>
>>341747480
I'm working on a collection of ps2 games and was lucky enough to still have my copy of DC1 I got with my fat ps2 16 years ago. Both the game and my old ps2 still work and I use them every week.

God I miss the PS2 era.
>>
>>341747592
Pretty sure he means when you're about to build something then realize you're missing an ingredient ad nauseam
>>
>>341747703
mimics are static enemies that always appear in the same amounts on the same floors. in fact, loot is also heavily determined by the floor, for instance some specific floor of the divine beast cave has near 100% drop of tram oil on it (like 13 I think?)
>>
>>341747386
Spheda had no business being as fun or preposterously deep as it was. Just a sign of an era of games long gone. Nobody would ever put that much effort into an optional minigame now.
>>
>>341747592
It really is though.
This game is the definition of a time waster.
Would recommend the first game however.
>>
>>341747652
toan was objectively the best melee character because of how gimp goro and niggy (sorry niggy I dont remember your name) were, I'd actually say xiao is the worst ranged character if only because she doesnt have attack variety at all (genie can charge or not charge attacks and space rabbit has a wide range of weapons that no one ever used)
>>
>>341747938
I knew there were some floors they did and didn't appear on, but I did pop a few blood vessels getting 3 king mimics in a row when looking for weapons. It seemed like more than half of the large chests I found were no good.

>>341748239
Yeah but nobody but Xiao has FUCKING STEVE
>>
>>341747864
yeah fuck that shit, in my latest playthroughs I dont do any townbuilding at all til I have 100% of the geostones then I meticulously catalog what I need to buy from the fag on the train and it is still annoying as fuck
>>
Get Name changing tickets.

You'll thank me later.
>>
>>341747592
Yeah, it's a lot of content that's boring and not particularly substantive, but they still force you to put up with it anyway. I don't want to spend the better part of an hour - if not more - doing a bunch of busy work to get NPCs to live in the town or grind and farm for specific crafting materials to restore some part of the guardian or whatever they're called. I came into Dark Cloud 2 wanting an action RPG, not Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing. Fuck those games.
>>
>>341748371
yeah, later levels in most dungeons have 2-3 king mimics always, best not to get too excited
>>
>>341748453
that's the worst thing to waste tokens on
>>
is dark cloud 1 good? I played that demo years ago and it was okay but really short
>>
>>341748684
>Not knowing the trick
>>
File: 1461546803505.jpg (9 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1461546803505.jpg
9 KB, 360x480
>that DC1 main theme
the goosebumps are already here
>>
>>341748787
different anon here, don't do it it ruins the fun
>>
dont get caught up in the boss fights that you miss the missable photos

DONT MISS WITHERED JURAK (read this multiple times)
>>
>>341748684
How many panther sets do you need?
>>
>>341748810
I loved the soundtracks for both games but damn, what I wouldn't give to have them rerecorded by a live orchestra rather than edirol or whatever the fuck synthesized insruments they were using. Great composition went to waste on fake choirs and weird synth strings, even in 2 with the bigger budget.

Despite this I still use the background music all the time for my DnD games.
>>
It's probably best to make your own mistakes and play without guides, unless you actually get stuck somehow. It'll give you the drive to replay the game with the knowledge of what worked and didn't work for you without taking any of the fun away from the experience
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>Monica joins the party
>play exclusively as her because cute
>that part where she falls off the airship and you're forced to play as Max
>severely underleveled
>>
>>341749347
I mostly agree but there are a couple of tasks that don't explain themselves very well. The mayor's quest comes to mind. Got stuck on that for literally months as a kid.
>>
>>341749415
>grinding away at those medals to unlock her leopard print bikini

It's worth it everytime.
>>
>>341749598
I remembered doing this as a kid. Good times
>>
>>341749228
here's the best thing ever that you might not have known existed that no one would have though would have existed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx18OsGVjxk
>>
Man I have the most pleasant memories of this game but when I try to get into it the intro is just so slow.
>>
>>341749536
Oh yeah I actually forgot about that stupid safe combination. Also op if you're still reading the thread don't look into abusing the lure glitch and using name change ticket's. The game is built around a sense of progression so don't ruin that
>>
>>341749746
okay upon re-listening to some of these, some are shit, skip around and see what you like. the album is done by a bunch of famous vidya artists, like nobuo (final fantasy) and sakuraba (star ocean games) among others
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
I want to fuck Monica so much.
>>
File: 1419142049538.png (121 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1419142049538.png
121 KB, 500x500
>>341749746
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>341750274
>that one rule 34 of Monica and Max fucking and it's practically 1 to 1 with with in game models
>it's just the both of them exhausted and max pulling out of her and panting

I fapped to that so much
>>
>>341749598
>>341749741
I always used to use Max constantly until I saw my mom playing and she had that bikini unlocked. Then I realized Monica hits like a freight train anyway. Thanks mom.
>>
>>341749812
Good thing it wasn't a square game and you were actually allowed to skip cutscenes.

I can get to when Monica joins the party in around 35 minutes.
>>
>>341750470
it depends on what you are attacking, assuming you compare max and monica's weapons right when you get monica, her weapons tend to have SUPER FUCKING HIGH beast attack, so like half the mobs will melt
>>
>>341749812
The intro is the best part.

>all that hype about leaving the walls
>all the mystery
>that fucking GIANT CLOWN chase
>fight the GIANT CLOWN
>you get a mother fucking robot that punches shit
>finally get to the outside
>the main theme hits
>sun rising over the trees
>that horrizon
>THAT GOD DAMN TRAIN BATTLE right after

It was fantastic
>>
>>341750908
Takes me quite a while to get there, I forgot that was just the intro once because I spent so much time trying to do everything in the first areas.
>>
>>341748458

You know you can buy that shit right? You literally don't have to farm if you don't want to. The only real menial thing you have to do is get the NPCs to leave the first town, and that's fairly easy.
>>
>>341749746
A lot of these songs are kinda shit.
>>
>>341751320
>that time trial race the sheriff makes you do

FUCK THAT GUY
>>
Does anyone have the PS4 emulated version?
how is it?
>>
>>341751431
see
>>341750000
>>
>>341751495
it's just slightly upscaled, still 4:3 nothing more

looks better than emulating it with PCSX2 though, since it doesnt handle the cel shading well at all in hardware mode and software mode doesnt support resolution changing
>>
>>341751495
been a while since I've played the ps2 version so I can't really compare but the ps4 version was pretty good, I think the only real difference is less blur
>>
>>341750456
gib sauce
>>
>>341751490

YOU HAD TO REMIND ME. FUCK YOU AND SHERIFF FAGLORD.

Balance Valley was a nice place though. The guy who sets up the meat stand is top tier husband material. I'd make Monica marry him if I could.
>>
>>341752538
>fat fuck "bring me chestnuts, oh whats that you ate all the ones from the chests in the forest hahaha sucks to be you" bernard
>>
Parn did nothing wrong.
>>
>>341752153
search on rule 34 paheal it's in there, you'll know it when you see it
>>
>>341752798

>he didn't stock up on cheese before entering the dungeon
>>
>>341753279
>he didn't fish obsessively and have enough food for the rest of the game
>>
It's a pity the monster transformation was so usless. I liked the mwchanic ao much.
>>
>>341752817
I put that motherfucker in a straw house.
Hmm this is a nice house you have in Palm Brinks.
Come live in a mudhut in Balance Villey you dirty hippie nigger!
Why yes, I will gladly paint your roof purple to signify to everyone what a massive faggot you are.
>>
File: muh dick.png (148 KB, 370x320) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.png
148 KB, 370x320
>>341752153
>he doesn't know
>>
>>341753669
If you actually sat and took the time to grind them (like an insane person) they were super fucking cool at the higher levels.
>>
>>341748810
>tfw the Dark Cloud 2 main theme

Chokes me up every time familia. Right from that first guitar note the nostaliga rush is so strong I can't hold it back.

I love you all.
>>
>>341753925
False.
The only one that's any good is the lizard transformation, and only just because it's ranged.

And by the time you actually managed to get enough exp to get its last evolution you've already 100%ed the game.
>>
File: 1427346457664.jpg (307 KB, 888x666) Image search: [Google]
1427346457664.jpg
307 KB, 888x666
>tfw building Paznos and the Sun Giant, but not being able to control them for monster slaughtering mayhem

Oh well. At least I had Steve.
>>
>>341753925
you had to grind them so much for them to even kind of be on par with high end weapons

hell I am pretty sure half of the monster types never get good ever

gemdra a best tho
>>
>>341754125
Even just current dungeon standard weapon from a chest outshines the monsters.
>>
>>341754102
Steve gets full crazy by end game. You little start with a barrel with arms and by the end you're full ground type mecha.

I loved that
>>
>>341753513

>implying I didn't

That little pond where you get your first fishing rod is so comfy. I wanted to sit on that log and cast my line out, if you know what I mean.
>>
File: 1409877519397.gif (264 KB, 148x111) Image search: [Google]
1409877519397.gif
264 KB, 148x111
>the final boss
>>
>>341753925
I always hated that shit.
>have super strong as fuck max and monica with the ridepod as backup
>here are some useless pokemon that do 1 hit point of damage that you have to level up. Enjoy!

The only thing they're good for is talking to the other monsters since some of them tell you secrets.
>>
File: 1420826187012.gif (983 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1420826187012.gif
983 KB, 250x141
>>341754395
>looking at the map for the chapter 7 dungeon for the first time
>>
>>341754395

Which one? there's like 4 of them.

Are you referring to Fatty genie, edgelord dark knight, edgelord REAL genie, or majora's mask?
>>
>>341754072
I'LL TAKE MY CHAAAAAANCES
>>
>>341754559
I'LL OPEN THE BOOOOOK

FOR AAAAALL TO SEE
>>
File: 1426454968112.jpg (5 KB, 213x250) Image search: [Google]
1426454968112.jpg
5 KB, 213x250
>>341754559
Stop. I can't.
>>
>>341753669
That section on forest chapter made me so hyped but then it all came crashing down.
>>
>>341754554
edgelord dark knight was also confirmed to be toan's father somewhere though i dont remember where
>>
File: I don't give a hoot.gif (2 MB, 315x302) Image search: [Google]
I don't give a hoot.gif
2 MB, 315x302
Catgirl > swordsman mage > tit genie > all the useless NPC chicks
>>
>>341754665
OOOOOON MY OOOOOOOWN

I CAN RIDE THE WINDS OF CHANGE
>>
>>341754976
SUUUUUUUURE AND STRONG I WILL FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT TO MAKE A BETTER PLACE

FOREVERRRRR MOOOOOOORE
>>
>>341755130

ONLY THE STROOOONG ONES

CAN STAND THE TEST

OF TIIIIME
>>
>>341755191
>>341755130
>>341754976
honestly one of the only english versions of an originally jap song that I prefer over the original the singer was just superb
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAA.png (249 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAA.png
249 KB, 500x394
>all the missable photos
>all the tiny chests with consumables that permanently increase health for the characters
>that bug with the same consumables that permanently vanish in the valley future if you pick them up outside a certain order
>the whole of moonflower palace or whatever that place was called
>the last 3 vanish when you hit postgame
>can't build or access the future in postgame

I don't think I've seen a game as frustrating as this one to 100% without looking at several guides every other step you take.
>>
>>341754559
>>341754665
>>341754976
>>341755130
>>341755191
/v/ sings when?

I'm kind of serious.
>>
>>341755362

Yeah, that pissed me off too. And the reason they give for it is so stupid.

>Time travel is banned in the future

And then Monica is like "lol jk i dun care" and she travels back anyway.
>>
>>341755362
There is no way to completely 100% Dark Cloud 2, unless you have no social life and it's all you play. Especially if you consider in leveling up the monsters for the badge prizes.

Impossible.
>>
File: 1429831790230.jpg (52 KB, 330x557) Image search: [Google]
1429831790230.jpg
52 KB, 330x557
>>341738068
>>341738202
FUCK YOU AND FUCK THAT ABOMINATION

>all walls are irregular
>pitfalls make up 60% of the map
>spin, power, aim and ball color have to be controlled
>Starting & end points are spawned randomly, which is important because:
>par is determined by STRAIGHT-LINE DISTANCE between the ball's starting point and the warp-hole; it's around a 100m hairpin? You better make that 1 shot count.
>half the time the fucking warp hole ignores the ball, lets it pass right through
>if you fail, you have to exit the dungeon, re-enter, and reclear the level before you even know whether the RNG will let you have a goddamn shot this time
This is one of the worst fucking mini-games in vidya history you goddamn autists
>>
>>341755613
>can't play Spheda

Literally git good. The only way you can suck at Spheda is if you get a horribly bad set up with barely any shots. Literally just clear that level out in 2 minutes with steve and reroll.
>>
>>341755836
SHIT DESIGN
THERE ISN'T EVEN A WAY TO PRACTICE
>>
>>341755613
holy shit this
thank god moonflower palace has zero pitfalls because otherwise i wouldn't be able to access the postgame when i replay the game
>>
>>341755423
>it's not linked yet

time to cry motherfuckers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVpyPos0Vqk
>>
File: 1459099338981.jpg (62 KB, 636x487) Image search: [Google]
1459099338981.jpg
62 KB, 636x487
>at no point do Max and Monica kiss
>they never even hug
STUPID GAME
>>
>>341737127
block, backflip and stock up on all of grandma's delicious cheese.
>>
>>341756017
they held hands, that's super lewd
>>
>>341756017
Based DK2, remove shippers/waifufags
>>
>>341756017

Part of me enjoyed this, because romance can often be this giant cheesey roadblock that interferes with game development.

Did you want some cringeworthy underwater kissing scene set to pop music? Because Squeenix has you covered.
>>
>>341756280
I wouldn't particularly call suteki da ne pop music even if it was cheesy as all fuck
>>
>>341755585
By 100% I meant "getting everything that's missable". Everything that isn't, including and especially monster leveling, can be left in "one of these days I'll do it" limbo.
>>
>>341756017
That's one of the neat little things about DC2 that doesn't get noticed. The characters have a totally platonic relationship, and neither one is a generic underdog hero. Max is filthy stinking rich, possibly the richest person in the world given the apocalypse scenario, and Monica is royalty from the fantasy future.

No anti-heroism either. Neither of them really fuck up or do anything stupid. No edgyness allowed.
>>
>>341750908
you forgot an elephant doing a back flip kick.
>>
>>341756017
>sexual tension
>they are young kids
>that hand holding

>THERE IS NO DECENT PORN OF THE TWO OF THEM
>EVEN AFTER ALL THIS TIME

That's the true hell
>>
One of the best RPG's ever made

I hope you have a walktrhough though because getting through the georama shit without it is impossible
>>
File: Dark Cloud 2 Max.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dark Cloud 2 Max.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>341737127
A lot more content.
Some good design changes.
A lot of middling design changes.
Some bad design changes.

I wasn't a fan of the visual style, and I fucking hated the score & wanted to strangle max's 30yo VA whenever he started rambling about his mommy issues.

Here, made these out of the menu idle.
>>
>>341756017
Well there's that scene at the start where Max is on top of her.
>>
>>341756559

https://youtu.be/enXhZN4q4hc?t=323

sick as shit
>>
File: Dark Cloud 2 Monica.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dark Cloud 2 Monica.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>341756713
>>
>>341737127
Everything in this game was fun, jesus, how did they do it?
>>
File: 1419617423248.jpg (19 KB, 269x202) Image search: [Google]
1419617423248.jpg
19 KB, 269x202
>need to beat x monsters to upgrade further
>>
>>341756713
>that machine gun
holy shit i remember getting that once
fucking instantly enraged every enemy i used it on, who thought that was a good idea?
>>
>the intro that spoils the whole game
>the edgelord 2nd form
>his voice
>took a glimpse of the final dungeon
>have to reproduce a fuck huge garden
>monica was underleveled to hell at that point

never finished it, there were so much frustrating stuff
>>
>>341750908
The clown/circus shit was cringy as fuck.
My least-favorite part of the game, have to power through it.
>>
File: WHICH SHALL IT BE.png (830 KB, 795x596) Image search: [Google]
WHICH SHALL IT BE.png
830 KB, 795x596
WHICH SHALL IT BE?
>>
File: Dark Cloud 2 STEVE.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dark Cloud 2 STEVE.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>341756860
>>
>>341755357
The women they got to sing it did an excelleng job.

The way she holds "Skies" when she sings the line "The sun will rise, to pierce the skies" gives me fucking chills.
>>
>>341757065
VERY GOOD!!
HEEERE YOU ARE~
>>
>>341756942
>let monica get under leveled

Biggest mistake
>>
>>341757116
>fuckin rock
>the other one was a sick ass coin you'd never seen before
>>
>>341757089
>buying the Voice Box for Steve

Ivemadeahugemistake.jpg
>>
>>341757116
>red box was a wrench
>yellow box was a fucking thief coin
>>
>>341757159
and my mecha was still the basic one
I am also aware that I played that game wrong
>>
>>341757089
Katana + rollerblades was the best
>>
File: Dark Cloud 2 C.webm (3 MB, 1281x720) Image search: [Google]
Dark Cloud 2 C.webm
3 MB, 1281x720
>>341757089
>>
>>341756016
I like this version more, it's a bit more crisp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZvuCVohq0A
>>
>>341757265
It's even bigger because Monica gets so much more powerful than Max in later game, especially with magic.

Sweet jesus.
>>
>>341757274
my latest playthough I rushed for the missle pods

they are a lot worse than I remembered
>>
>>341757395
They both become power-houses. LEGEND and Supernova are fucking absurdly powerful.
>>
>>341757265
>basic mecha
This is unforgiveable.
>>
>>341757369
this version is certainly much better quality, time to relisten
>>
>>341757408
The shit draw distance kills them.
And then there's the laser version someone thought was a good idea.
>>
>>341756860
I wish her monster transformations were worth fucking anything other than completing side things.
>>
>>341757494
The fact that magic has elemental damage made her better than Max.

Literally 1-hit KOs with that shit alone. In chapter 7 for fuck sakes.
>>
File: 1466115434449.jpg (43 KB, 576x521) Image search: [Google]
1466115434449.jpg
43 KB, 576x521
>>341757089
>got the voice box "upgrade"
>>
>>341757556
that, and the fact that there is a 0% chance you will ever hit every missle from a barrage on an enemy instead of all the missles just hitting a wall
>>
>>341757237
WAIT UNTIL THEY GET A LOAD OF THIS
>>
>>341757089
Steve's Voice was cute!
Cute!
>>
File: HAHAHA_NO.png (637 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA_NO.png
637 KB, 693x693
>>341757369
Fuck this boring shit.
>>
>>341757237

Why didn't the voice box at least give cool info on enemies? It worked for Steve 1.0.
>>
fuck the golf mini game
>>
File: I won't play your game.png (560 KB, 685x524) Image search: [Google]
I won't play your game.png
560 KB, 685x524
>>341757065
NO
>>
File: 1444015540527.jpg (37 KB, 548x500) Image search: [Google]
1444015540527.jpg
37 KB, 548x500
>>341757802
0/10
i couldn't even imagine the baits presence
>>
>>341757320
is that Malfurion?
>>
File: 14408237423.png (662 KB, 600x581) Image search: [Google]
14408237423.png
662 KB, 600x581
>it's a 70% of the monsters on the level are mimics episode
>half of them are king mimics
>>
File: chest.png (1 MB, 1000x584) Image search: [Google]
chest.png
1 MB, 1000x584
>break weapon
>explode
>poison
Well?
>>
>>341758465
>it's a floor with literally only mimics episode

scared the shit out of me as a kid
>>
File: 1418758234953.gif (487 KB, 390x219) Image search: [Google]
1418758234953.gif
487 KB, 390x219
>>341758465
>the one level in the mountains where 90% of the enemies are elephants
>monica only
>>
>>341758539

Always go with explode. You can heal weapon breaking and poison, but the exploding option destroys the chest.
>>
>>341758539
always break weapon
>>
>>341758539
explode obviously, if it explodes you lose whatever it was but you can just drink antidote or fix a weapon
>>
File: 4803840324735.png (369 KB, 809x536) Image search: [Google]
4803840324735.png
369 KB, 809x536
>>341758604

>get to that level
>haven't used Monica in ages
>last save was somewhere in Sindain
>>
>>341758604
I hated that level when I was little then I realized that she is actually the best way to deal with those bastards aside from items since her weapons all have way higher beastslayer than anything max can have, even the ridepod wasnt quite as good as her (assuming you used her at all before then)
>>
>>341758785
>Not saving after EVERY LEVEL

You seriously fucked up. You need to save, save, save in that fucking game.
>>
>>341758945

Yes, I have that mindset now, 13 years later, but try telling that to my 15 year old self who was too impatient to go through the save screen.
>>
File: 57167581_p1.png (260 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
57167581_p1.png
260 KB, 750x750
>>341758465
>it's a level with only mimics episodes
Always the worst for the time trophies
>>
>>341758539
Always, ALWAYS explode since its the only one that causes you to lose its content, but ONLY after clearing the level so Poison isn't an issue, and switching to Ridepod because break weapon on it doesn't reduce maximum durability.
>>
>>341758604
Her bracelets are broken as fuck.
>>
>>341759146
But the save screen had a super comfy music...
>>
>>341758604
jesus christ those levels
i remember in my first save as a little retarded kid i exclusively used max for some reason, even had the basic ridepod because i couldn't be fucked with the camera at all (not that that made a difference since only max can ride it)

i don't even remember how i managed to get past that shit
>>
File: 1446759714008.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1446759714008.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>no back level with stronger monsters and jewels
>>
COMFY LEVELS HAVE REACHED MAXIMUM CAPTAIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLc23RYuClk
>>
File: 16_003.png (52 KB, 545x444) Image search: [Google]
16_003.png
52 KB, 545x444
>>341760072
>Weapon slots were replaced by boring ass point system
>>
>>341758436
Not even baiting.
Dark Cloud 2's OST is SHIT, and you should feel bad for liking it.
https://youtu.be/nc990aSGUEM
>>
File: 1465928569311.png (194 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
1465928569311.png
194 KB, 600x601
>>341755362
Tales of Vesperia was pretty fucking bad about 100%ing it
>fuck up like once and miss multiple skills, titles and/or costumes
>>
>>341758465
I remember this exact level. Thankfully I had a lot of poison apples, so I'd throw one to every enemy in the area until I ran out, used bombs on the ones that weren't poisoned, and then ran around one shotting the rest after a few minutes.
>>
>>341760541
Whoops, meant to reply to >>341758604
>>
>>341760407
You're not going to convince anyone family, we don't need you shitting up the thread. I'm sorry more people like Dark Cloud 2 than 1, but they're both good.
>>
>>341755362
holy fucking shit i forgot about those chests and how retarded kid me couldn't find a single one, and by the time i learned about them i couldn't access the future at all
i don't think i would have finished the game if it wasn't for the ridepod
>>
>>341755362
>fight the dreameater
>board the ridepod and hit it 5 times
>"oh, i should take a picture"
>it's already dead because the 6th hit was winding up
>>
File: coop.png (1 MB, 1236x1440) Image search: [Google]
coop.png
1 MB, 1236x1440
Thinking back, the story was pretty convoluted.

>Flotsam is just being controlled by Gaspar, who was being controlled by Sirus, who was being controlled by the Dark Element, who was created by the Dark Genie, who was made as a result of the REAL dark genie, who himself was a product of a dark wizard 500+ years into the past
>>
>>341761104
>doesn't matter because the credits roll straight afterwards anyway
>>
>Get to Chapter 3
>Lin in the bed
>TV is loud
>Being asked later what I was watching
>>
>>341742454
To quote the philosopher Reggie Watt, "He liked the CONCEPT of a woman."
>>
>getting to the final area in the mines
>even the weakest of enemies will two shot you

That was hell, but at least it was fun. The ridepod just became my fast transport at the end of a level when going to Spheda.
>>
>>341761282
Side character stories were better.
And I liked how they handled time travel.
>>
>>341761514
Think we've all had those moments at some point.
>>
>>341761665
That's what I was a little upset about. For Chapter 8 you pretty much need the power of LEGEND / Supernova and Island King / Five Star Armlet.

Really my one complaint with Dark Cloud 2, LEGEND and Island King were awful looking and they were the best weapons in the game.
>>
>>341761946

This. Whose idea was it to put a slow propellor blade on the front of a gay fat sword?

You couldn't just give me a Chainsaw weapon or something? I could've been a female Doomguy just ripping through the hordes of evil.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>341753925
Bullshit. They always did shit damage and died within two or three hits, literally all of them were absolutely useless.

The exception is the gem drakes, they have one use only: clearing monster-only medals, and only because they're the only ranged creature.
>>
>>341762353

And you know, they could've easily fixed that, but I bet they were too busy throwing money at the voice acting department.

Like, don't get me wrong, I don't hate the voice acting. But I would've taken a little more optimization in the gameplay over Robin from Teen Titans and the Colonel from Metal Gear fighting Luke Skywalker.
>>
>>341761946
I don't remember having much trouble killing things at the end, and I had a completely different set of final weapons. Were those really that more powerful than the rest?
>>
>>341762605
Yes.

Legend
Supernova

Island King
Five Star Armlet

These are easily the best weapons Max and Monica can get.
>>
>>341762605
Honestly the swing number is what's important.

These >>341762850 are overrated.
>>
>>341746646
>genie slut was pure waifu.
First time I played DC I would switch to her to open chests to see those tits jiggle.
>>
>>341762353
Don't forget on the list of cons: unlike the Ridepod/Max, if the monster dies, Monica dies.

That one frog evolution that can poison was okay though. Much better than bothering with poison apples.

Also
>that card badge which requires fucking diamonds (which are limited before chapter 8) and the reward monster is an absolutely fucking useless monster with a single slow as fuck attack that hits for fuck all throughout all of its evolutions
>>
I've always wanted to get a gameshark for my PS2 and try to max out the monster transformations so they were actually useful.
>>
>>341762850
>>341763035
Just to shoot shit, Dark Cloud & Muramasa are direct competitors to Island King.
IK is a 4-hit combo with 500 max attack & 250 anti-enemy skills.
That's 2k damage.
Muramasa is one of the special 'fast 5' weapons that does 300 damage each strike for 1500. Anti-enemy skills are lower at ~200 though.
Dark cloud on the other hand is a 6-hit 300-att weapon with anti-enemy skills at -300-. With it's base combo doing 1800 damage, that skill edge might put it on-par or slightly-above the island king.

You don't have to use the island king if you don't want to.
>>
So this is on PSN. Should I get it or Rogue Galaxy?
>>
OP here. I remember weapon uprgading in the first game had you socket the gems as it leveled up.

Is all I do in this one is crush the gem then have the weapon absorb it?

I'm still fairly early on but weapon customization seems to be way worse this time around.
>>
>>341765572
DC is more of a game instead of skill cutscene simulator.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.