[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They won't even manage to make the remaster feel right.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
They won't even manage to make the remaster feel right.

At least they are not attempting and failing at making a sequel.
>>
>>341724251
that's not the remaster

...right?
>>
>>341725384
I hope not
>>
File: Crash-Bandicoot.jpg (126 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Crash-Bandicoot.jpg
126 KB, 970x545
>>341725384
have a guess

someone post the mash up of tweets and new arts of crash for a few years back please
>>
>>341725384
no
>>
It still bothers me how people managed to autisticly sperg out over how crash looks in skylanders. "Skylanders" We fucking know nothing about the remakes other than they are making them. Once people see if they fucked up when a trailer for it comes out then they can cry about it, but they are crying about how a character looks in a game they probably wont even get.
>>
>>341728494
/v/ has to invent reasons to shit on things if there's not an existing reason to, this isn't new.
>>
>>341728494
I like how crash looks in Skylanders
>>
File: RIGGOY.png (102 KB, 346x431) Image search: [Google]
RIGGOY.png
102 KB, 346x431
Why don't they just redesign Mario and shove him in their shitty toddler game?
They're shitting on beloved characters just so a few will try out the game and hopefully start collecting their overpriced china made plastic figures that sort of resemble those characters.

The fans wanted more Crash, so they decided to play it safe and release some remastered games, BUT they just couldn't pass up the opportunity to shill Crash for all he's worth.
>>
It's only the head that looks way too huge, otherwise is a 100% improvement over the titans/mom model
>>
>>341731043
This. If the head was smaller, that would be an alright design.
>>
>thicc coco a$$ in crisp HD
*smacks lips profusely*
>>
>>341728494
Not remakes remastered aka psone ports for ps4
>>
>>341725384
No, that's Skylanders.

1. Crash will almost certainly look much better in his own games than in fucking Skylanders.

2. Despite Skylanders' art style sucking and blowing, Crash actually managed to make the transition better than the series' former headliner, Spyro the Dragon. It's still leagues above that stupid-ass tribal tattoos version of Crash from "Crash of the Titans" and "Mind Over Mutant".
>>
>>341731043
It was based on the original concept art from Naughty Dog. The finished model has smaller head than the concept art.
>>
File: Sky_spyro2.jpg (106 KB, 936x960) Image search: [Google]
Sky_spyro2.jpg
106 KB, 936x960
>>341724251
Sup, Crash! You went through the process as well?
>>
File: crash.jpg (54 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
crash.jpg
54 KB, 610x343
>>341724251
>we will bring back crash fully remastered from the ground up
what did he mean by this?
not even trying to meme,
what does "from the ground up" mean in the context of a remaster
>>
File: CRASH.webm (547 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CRASH.webm
547 KB, 600x450
Seriously, if they fuck this up. If they fucking dare to fuck it up. There shalt be no more Sony for me.
>>
>>341733248
They don't have the old engine so they're rebuilding the whole game
>>
>>341733525
then doesn't that count as a remake not remaster
>>
>>341733598
It is quite literally a remake since they're remaking the games
>>
>>341733525
It's still just gonna be the psone game just like the kh hd remix lost the source code so they built it from the ground up
>>
>>341733876
Yeah so a remake
>>
>It's another "Sony will ruin x franchise thread"
>>
>>341733525
>They don't have the old engine
Oh look, another "we don't have the source code" theory.

If you seriously think they have lost the source, you're a dumb cunt. A company like Sony and Universal keep their fucking source code for later for every damn game they make. There isn't expensive for them to store code and assets regardless of how old the game is.

However the code and the engine itself is fucking ancient, no one who worked on the original game is involved. Trust me, trying to read up and understand other people's code is a fucking chore unless they documented it really well and they'd need to rewrite the entire fucking thing for today's hardware anyway, so might as well build it from scratch.
>>
>>341734046
A remake would mean new assests this remaster will just be trophy support
>>
>>341734291
I don't see why this wouldn't have new assets
>>
Don't get too excited about the Remasters, it's not going to be a Ratchet and Clank style remake will all new assets.

1) they wouldn't make effectively 3 games without seeing how the first one sells.

2) they said "remastered", R&C always said "Remade", "All new", "Reimagining" etc... remastered means changing nothing except the quality of the audio and visuals.

It's probably going to be 1080p, with widescreen and 60fps (if they doesn't break the game) and trophy support. They might use uncompressed music (found in the beta version) and anything else they can easily do.
>>
File: 1252934801875.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1252934801875.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
>Not doing CTR with online capabilities
They fucked it up.
>>
>>341724251
I miss the supersaiyancrash threads
>>
>>341734983
It would be better than what we will actually get
>>
>>341734762
They already did that with the ps3 digital releases, I thought? And the crash games weren't exactly huge, their levels were just small hallways. Easy enough to make 3 games for it outright.
>>
>>341733525
If they have VibRibbon code they have fucking Crash
>>
>>341737639
PS3 release is completly unchanged, it's an emulator. Which is why they look like ass on big TVs, it's a solid 240p and 25 FPS for the PAL versions.
>>
>>341724251
I don't see a problem with this at all. He looks exactly like he did in the concept art of the originals
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.