[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm debating whether to get a Steam Machine or a PS4 Can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
I'm debating whether to get a Steam Machine or a PS4

Can I play PC games that aren't on Steam, such as Overwatch, WoW or Star Wars Battlefront, on the Steam Machine?

I don't want to get in to it with those of you who feel obligated to make a point about PC being better for some reason. I'll be traveling a lot and consoles are easier to manage. I have a PC at home.
>>
are you going to be installing windows?
>>
Man you're dumb, if I said buy a WiiU instead would you do it?
>>
Why would you buy a steam machine rather than some "normal" PC with a small case?
>>
Get a console you retard steam machines are a gigantic failure.
>>
You can build a PC at a slightly larger size, with better components.
>>
>>341718578
This. Jesus fucking christ.
If you play your cards right, you can get an entire PC setup for around 700 that will put any console to shame.
>>
>>341718729
I mean, you could play your cards real shitty and beat the consoles for $450.
>>
>>341718554
>Buying a Wii U or anything Nintendo related

It takes a special strain of dumb to make a person do that, anon.
>>
Steam Machines are based on Linux, so not only will you be unable to play those other games you listed, but you won't even be able to play most Steam games other than Valve or indy games.
>>
>>341718801
Current consoles for sure.
But if you want a setup that's somewhat future-proof you need to spend a little more on a better graphics card.
>>
>>341719171
Well yes, but the new console revisions are going to be more expensive also, so it will likely still be comparatively cheap to beat them with upgrading a PC that you buy now.
>>
>>341718801
What if you dont have any cards :(.
>>
>>341719768
Get a job.
>>
>>341718343
>I'm debating whether to get a Steam Machine

I'm afraid you don't possess the mental qualities needed for PC Gaming
>>
>ps4
>>
File: alienware-alpha-steam-machine.jpg (18 KB, 486x268) Image search: [Google]
alienware-alpha-steam-machine.jpg
18 KB, 486x268
Fuck these console cunts, get the Windows version and you'll be set.
>>
>>341718554
>buying the 5 games station
Just wait for the nx or buy a ps4
>>
>>341724182
>shit hardware for the money
>no upgrade-ability
FUCK OFF DELL SHILL
>>
>>341718343
Just build a PC if you're planning on going with a Steam Machine. It's really not that hard.

If it seems too complicated just get a PS4. I know that sounds condescending but sometimes people get freaked out at the idea and it can be overwhelming if it's not something you're into.
>>
>>341718343
I just read the entire OP. The real thing you need to decide on is library.

If you want exclusives, get your PS4 and play those on the go. If you want the wider library, get a Steam Machine/build your own Micro-atx machine.
>>
>>341718343
You need Windows for Overwatch, WoW, etc.
>>
>>341719087
The number of AAA games on Linux is growing pretty rapidly though. While only 25% of the entire Steam library has been ported about 40 of the top 100 games on Steam are on Linux, and 7 of the top 10. That's not counting games that have Linux betas, or that have Linux versions that don't show the Linux/SteamOS icon, or that have Linux versions on the way.

Still if you want a Steam Machine you're better off building it yourself. You can take the money you save from not buying Windows and invest it into better hardware.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.