[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does anyone even care about KH3 anymore after 20 shitty releases?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7
File: unnamed (1).png (143 KB, 293x501) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).png
143 KB, 293x501
So does anyone even care about KH3 anymore after 20 shitty releases?
>>
File: 1412698543255.png (299 KB, 686x586) Image search: [Google]
1412698543255.png
299 KB, 686x586
>>341711742
I do
I'm looking forward to 2.8 as well

I really need to get around to watching the 365/2 and Re:Coded movies though
>>
>>341711742
Why?

Whats the appeal in buying 20 games sprawled across every Japanese platform in order to only get minor details about a confusing plot in anticipation to the 3rd installment?

Not putting shit on you just asking.
>>
>>341711742
they better have some type of refresher at the beginning of 3 since I'm not about to play 1,2, again, or the countless other story related games to "catch up".

they made way too much crap when they easily could have just made 3 years ago.
>>
>>341711742
>>341712125
>>341712728
>he doesn't know
>>
>>341712728
Im in agreement with you.
>>
>The story is confusing!
Then don't play the fucking game if that matters so much to you faggots. No one's forcing you to.
>>
>>341711742
Of course. It's been my most anticipated game for a very long time.
>>
>>341711742

Not really. I played through most of the series again recently and realized that the only games I really like a lot is the first one and... well, just the first one. BBS was good until I played it a second time. It wasn't bad a second time, just not great. KH II has some great combat but the game bores me to tears for some reason.

I'll still play the third one just to finish things.
>>
>>341711742
dat 2.8 demo tho
>>
>>341714213
Nigga did you play 2 on critical mode?
If not you really should
>>
>Tfw I've only played KH1, CoM, and KH2
I can't wait to see how nothing makes sense in KH3
>>
>>341714458

I did. Didn't really see the appeal. Wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Some of the data bosses were fucking annoying though.
>>
The morons lapping up the shitty rereleases.
>>
>>341714557

It'll be suddenly stepping 100 years into the future and trying to make sense of both technology and current events.
>>
>The butchering of the soundtrack in 2HD
What were they thinking? There's either too many instruments playing or new instruments in place of old ones playing at different pitches and it fucking pisses me off.
>>
The story really isn't 'confusing,' it's just presented in an impossibly flat manner since KH2, not to mention being constantly cringe inducing and thus difficult to pay serious attention to since that game.

Honestly you're a retard for buying or looking forward to this game at all, literally every square enix kingdom hearts title has been unbelievably shitty,, but hey, kiddies gonna kid
>>
>>341714583
It might be more understandable if you got this as a kid. When I was younger I lived in a low-income rural area and it was my first game I got for the PS2 and blew my mind in so many ways. I sunk about 100 hours into it and played it far into my teenage years. I feel like I'm too old for the series now, but I'm still excited to see the conclusion of one of my most memorable games series.
>>
After replaying the series, despite how /v/ feels, I think I would have had more fun playing on normal.

Harder difficulties shouldn't just inflate enemy HP numbers and increase damage taken. Sure, you can feel some pride after winning a severely handicapped fight, but it's hard to enjoy a game when all you can think is "man, this fight is unnecessarily tedious and unforgiving". I think the "you should only play games on their hardest difficulty" mentality only works if you're going under the assumption that every game is perfectly designed and that there's never a moment where too much is being expected of you just so you could have fun.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (4 KB, 252x161) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
4 KB, 252x161
>>341715069
I did play it as a kid.

Im more complaining about minor shitty details getting full priced games for something that takes less than 5 minutes to explain.

And then on top of that shitty rereleases. Not remakes. Rereleases. Getting made instead of 3.

5 years ago I would have cared.

Not now.
>>
>>341711903

Why? A two paragraph long synopsis is way more than necessary for those shitty side stories that they tried to bolt onto the canon
>>
>>341712728

You really just need to play 1/2/BBS I'd say. You could probably just fill in the blanks from there, but I guess some quick summaries for DDD and CoM could help for transitions between the main trilogy. People give shit like Roxas' detailed backstory or Data Sora way too much credit for being important
>>
>>341714968

>kiddies gonna kid

Come on man, you know damn well that most of the fan base are nostalgia fueled 20-early 30 somethings.
>>
>>341715236
I totally respect that. I think I would have been much happier with it on the ps3 in the early years, but it feels like they're blowing the series way out of proportion and have ruined it with the use of the mobile platform to have it's story broken down into more questions and less answers. I am going to buy it because I want to know how it all ends, but I'm no where near as excited as I would have been when the memory was fresh.
>>
>>341715072

>Harder difficulties shouldn't just inflate enemy HP numbers and increase damage taken. Sure, you can feel some pride after winning a severely handicapped fight, but it's hard to enjoy a game when all you can think is "man, this fight is unnecessarily tedious and unforgiving".

That's why I almost never play RPGs on higher settings. Critical Mode in KHII was actually pretty good about this though since both you and enemies dealt double damage. The only problem was that you got less EXP than normal.
>>
>>341714557
>>341714636
I'll make a guess on how the game goes

>Sora looking like a Kpop star now
>wearing more belts than ever more than any other JRPG protag
>the cast is now full of angsty teens with spiky hairs, belts and tits
>they still go on the power of friendship
>30 hours long cutscenes to explain everything because this game's story is more confusing than reading a book on physics
>DARKNESS is still the plot
>kairi is still not with sora because Sora is a massive Cuck and likes guys and is obsessed with Riku
>Disney characters are now more irrelevant than ever
>No one cares about Mickey anymore because hes not an angsty teen and the plot has made him irrelevant
>Donald and Goofy is still there to please disney overlords but to make up for it they put 10x more belts and spikes on them to make them fit in
>>
>>341711742
Final Fantasy has such terrible art. Just look at this, your guy is literally wearing clown shoes!
>>
>>341715472
Or teenagers.

Most fans ive met saw the characters cosplayed at a con and went nuts for the edgy appearance of the game combined with Di$ney characters.
>>
>>341711742
I and 2 Are great, there are 2 or 3 decent spin-offs too, definitely still keen for 3.
1 was the first game I ever saved up for when i was young, collecting coins from under vending machines and kebab stands near RSL's and Clubs (those were fucking gold mines), The KH series has a sentimental value to me.
>>
>>341715580
>30 hours long cutscenes to explain everything because this game's story is more confusing than reading a book on physics

Probably not. KH2 threw you way into the deep end, to the point you'd be confused even if you played 1 and CoM, and all it did for previous game summary was that opening CG movie
>>
>>341715554

>I am going to buy it because I want to know how it all ends

Same here, thought I don't know why, it's not like the story is actually good. I used to have fun poking fun at it, but DDD's was so bad I couldn't even get a good chuckle out of it.
>>
>>341711742
I do. And it's only been 7 games excluding the ports.
>>
>>341715580

I'll give you a little taste of what to expectl

[spoilers]Nobodies can regrow hearts, like Axel and Roxas, for some reason. They just don't seem to notice it. Everyone is Xehanort. There was person at one point but it's okay because she kinda never existed now. And Sora's Nobody is really another person's Nobody because that other somebody is hanging out inside Sora.[/spoiler]
>>
>>341715747
7 is still unreasonable for a 3 part game series.

The whole thing could literally be a nice little trilogy.
>>
>>341715925

Well damn it, I fucked up the spoiler tag. And I couldn't even write a period correctly. Well, it takes fucking forever to delete posts on 4chan, so meh.
>>
>>341715925

was the time travel/xehanort shit actually confusing, or just convoluted? I usually black out whenever fiction starts bringing up time travel shit
>>
>>341715986
What?
>>
>>341716076

They haven't fully explained it yet I think.

> I usually black out whenever fiction starts bringing up time travel shit

Try Legacy of Kain, it handles time travel exceptionally well.
>>
File: 1465455032287.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465455032287.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>341711742
I'll be done after 3

I just gotta finish 3 and I won't care about the KH games after it
>>
>>341715576
>both you and enemies dealt double damage

huh

i guess i didn't realize I was dealing double damage. But, still, while that sounds a little better, it still isn't enough to make me want to play critical. I wish higher difficulties could somehow give new attacks, different patterns, things like that. Harder situations. But just saying "hey youre gonna get hit hard!" kinda sucks.
>>
>>341716192
Inb4 cliffhanger ending and then to be continued.

Then 10 years of remakes of remakes and stupid tie in games before they release 4 and you can finally finish off your childhood.

until Kingdom hearts 5 that is
>>
File: 1460959459609.jpg (106 KB, 861x1300) Image search: [Google]
1460959459609.jpg
106 KB, 861x1300
>>341716457
pls no...
>>
>>341716348

>I wish higher difficulties could somehow give new attacks, different patterns, things like that. Harder situations. But just saying "hey youre gonna get hit hard!" kinda sucks.

Some games are like that, but it's rare. The first two Thief games are games I like playing on the hardest difficulty because they give extra mission objectives and require you to steal more loot (which doesn't really matter since I always try to get most/all of it anyway).
>>
>>341716192
>yfw this game has alread become
>Xenahort you are evil!
>no Sora you are Xenahort
>and then Sora was a Xenahort
>literally using memes for the plot
>implying they wont even make more shit up so convoluted and confuses that it will require ANOTHER sequel (KH4) and a billion other side releases to explain the plot
>yfw titles will literally become Kingdom Hearts Bubble Smut Explosion 3.1415

and yet you will still buy them all
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
>>
>>341716348
It's funny you say that because KHII does a great job at this. You get a ton of abilities at the beginning of the game to balance out how much damage you're receiving. And anyway the other difficulties are way too easy, even on Proud mode.
>>
>Implying the gameplay isn't fun as fuck anyway
>>
>>341716919
Repetitive as fuck*
>>
>>341717086
You're playing it wrong.
>>
>>341717213
Theres no right way
>>
>>341712125
You ever considered they're fun to play?
>>
>>341717278
There are many right ways to play, but there's definitely a wrong way
>>
>>341717278
touche
>>
>>341716828
I don't think so.

The "abilities" you get don't really mean much when almost every enemy can 3, 2, or even 1 shot you very early on, and even later in the game. Something like that makes sense in bloodbornes late game, where if you didn't level vit, you were fucked, but it isn't a stat you can level in KH other than a certain limited option.

I'm not knockin on the abilities, they're great and all, roll and guard were essential in KH 1. But I don't think random movement quirks and special attacks balance out the fact that you're now made of glass. People always tell me KH does difficulty levels right, but I'm just not seeing it.
>>
>>341717443
Not trying to rag on you but I honestly think you're just bad at the game. Most people who played vanilla KHII say that it's too easy, learn how to dodge correctly and eventually learn how to mix magic into your combos.
>>
>>341717349
This is /v/ we don't play games for fun. we only bitch and whine about game we're gonna play anyway
>>
>>341712125
For the fun of it. The games are satisfying to play, and I've grown to love the retarded plot, honestly.

So yeah, I'm still excite
>>
HEART LIGHT DARKNESS SORA, DONALD, GOOFY
>>
File: 1465400014989.gif (226 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1465400014989.gif
226 KB, 480x270
>>341711742
Yes, I got into it about a year ago and I've only played 1.5, 2.5 (PS3) and DDD.
>>
>>341717443

I hate to say it, but >>341717629 is right. Some enemies are really annoying, those centaur motherfuckers piss me off every time, but it doesn't take long before you learn to dodge. Once you make a Firaga Bangle or something, things get even easier.

Still, I prefer normal mode too.
>>
To anyone who thinks KHII's combat is boring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8hrXyG1xw
>>
>>341717903
Not encouraging or forcing the player to try any other play style is bad game design in itself.
>>
Series ended after BBS for me.

In my timeline, it goes BBS > KH > CoM/Days > KH2.
>>
>>341717629
>>341717780
Hey, I don't blame you. I believe you when you say I'm probably just not that good at the game.

I still don't think it justifies getting one shotted or two shotted. That shit just isn't fun, it's pretty infuriating. Granted, I only felt this way after playing KH II. The original was extremely fun, and I still had a blast playing it on proud. The mechanical transition to 2 however just left a bad taste in my mouth that I just can't get rid of.
>>
>>341718254

>I still don't think it justifies getting one shotted or two shotted. That shit just isn't fun, it's pretty infuriating.

I know how you feel. I don't mind getting my ass kicked, but I don't like endless gang rape. It's why I haven't really taken to Dark Souls yet. Though I've only played a few hours by myself. I've played several with friends, but loses most of its challenge when you do that (fun though).
>>
>>341717780
Also, remember, how many times are you actually just dealing with one enemy? Figuring out each enemies pattern and how to counter is easy. But with 20+ of them? Counter and defensive times overlap, and one slip up could get you combo'd by more than one enemy giving you a free instadeath. Not fun.
>>
>>341718098
It is bad game design, I'm not trying to argue otherwise. But there is depth to be found for sure and can make the game worth a replay if you never really experimented
>>
>>341718451

>and one slip up could get you combo'd by more than one enemy giving you a free instadeath. Not fun

Yeah, shitsux, but the skill that keeps you at 1HP can be useful. Though it makes the Lingering Sentiment fight really boring since you have to wait while he combos you for 7 seconds.
>>
>>341718570
I'm wondering how they're going to switch up enemy encounters so that this isn't a thing. I doubt that they're going to, because it doesn't really seem like a primary concern when it comes to these games.

Unfortunately it seems the only criticism these games get is on their story. Which is neither here nor there to be honest. I can't pretend I'm not fucking HYPED to see it all end though.
>>
>>341715072
I agree that Standard should be played for most games. Critical for 2 though.
>>
>>341719028
Why critical for 2?
>>
People always praise the hell out of BBS's combat, but I think it actually dumbed it down. Gone are the varied combos of melee and magic, instead you get a lame ~6 hit combo and then you use your commands until they're all recharging. It's cool to see the whole screen of enemies get trapped by magnet commands and then wiped out by some thunder, but there's just no depth. Bosses are just damage sponges or worse DODGE UNTIL YOU SURGE: THE GAME.
I had tons of fun with BBS, Re:Coded, and DDD but it's just so shallow when compared to KHII or even KHI.

(1/2)
>>
>>341719269
(2/2)
I'm afraid that KHIII might head in that direction, but with the released gameplay of 2.8 it's hard to tell. While there aren't commands anymore it didn't seem that the magic was comboing with the attacks, though it could either be 1. the player sucked or 2. a fragmentary passage is a sort of bridge between BBS and KHIII combat, as Aqua can use her Command Styles. But if this remains for the entire game then I can't help but feel disappointed, damn you Osaka Team,
>>
>>341711742
Kingdom Hearts is the game I honestly with no guilt can say actually legitimately needs a reboot. the story was a little bit shit when they went hard with THE DARKNESS AND THE LIGHT AND THE MAGIC OF YOUR HEART AND THE MAGUFFINS. But then CoM went in a weird and unnecessary direction. followed by salt sea ice cream DS and KH2 which went off the rails, and then fucking birth by sleep sent it off the rails and into the sky straight into a damn tornado(I mix the titles up maybe its dream drop distance. its the prequel with 3 main characters that are all shit, where it explains the main cast of the first game were already forced into the plot and that at least 4 villains were once the exact same guy)

I mean........Kingdom hearts 3 is the tenth game in the kingdom hearts series. KINGDOM HEARTS 3 IS THE TENTH GAME IN THE KINGDOM HEARTS SERIES.
>>
>>341719319
KHI
KHCoM
KHII
KHDays
KHBBS
KHCoded
KHDDD
KHX
KHIII
9th actually, obviously not counting remakes and such
>>
>>341719269
fucking thank you.

>BBS combat is the best!

while im sitting here playing it like "what the fuck?"
>>
>>341719521
I think people like it because it's flashy and easy to do the cool stuff, the same way Candy Crush is popular despite just being another bejeweled clone.
>>
>>341719219
You take as much damage as Proud, but you have half the health. However, you hurt the enemies more, and get more abilities. It's much more of a fair challenge. You have to play smart, but it doesn't have to be a slog.
>>
>>341719504
tenth if you count the new chapter prologue
>>
>>341719676
It's more of a MGS Groud Zeroes situation, you wouldn't call Phantom Pain MGS6 would you?
Ignore the fact that PW is basically the real MGS5 anyway
>>
>>341711903
why? it's the same thing isn't it? haven't you bought 2.5 2.6 2.7 already?
>>
>>341719765
Why would you just assume things without looking them up even once?
>>
>>341711742
I'll care when KH3 is more than a few teaser trailers.
>>
>>341719637
I'll replay it again soon, and really check out that damage. Because I don't really feel I'm doing ALL that much more damage than I should be, yet I'm taking twice as much more damage. It doesn't seem fair. But I haven't played it on normal mode in years, so I could be completely wrong on this.
>>
>>341719927
KH3: Ground Zeroes as playable on the show floor at E3 famalam
>>
>>341719892
I was joke about the 2.7 shit, but really how many KH final remix has been passed through? you just bought the same game with added content right?
>>
>>341719981
>as
was*
>>
>>341719981
If you're talking about 2.8, I don't care about that.
>>
I want to replay KH1 and 2 since last time I played them as a young lad but they literally have that "want to replay a game - remember that part" right at the fucking beginning. Any way to avoid this shit?
>>
>>341711742
only played kh1 and 2 here and enjoyed boths. So yes, I do care.
>>
>>341720004
I'm saying that 2.8 is completely different from the other collections. And the final mix additions are mostly very substantial, it's really the only way to play KHII
>>
>>341720158
They're really not bad if you skip cutscenes, 30 minutes for both really
>>
>>341720250
Can you elaborate on that? Because from my perspective you are just buying the same game you already played multiple times. To me it feels like they are screwing people out of money by the same rerelease.
>>
>>341720575
bait harder, or better yet google
>>
>>341720325
>remember alice in wonderland stage
I just want to play 100 Acre Wood again, mate.
>>
>>341720676
That's so far in the game though, it's one of the last worlds if iirc
>>
>>341720676
hey i like that one
>>
>>341720642
Some one is defensive.
I wasn't even shitting on you, just asking.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.