[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Wii U still alive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
File: wii-u-xenoblades_1.png (621 KB, 600x513) Image search: [Google]
wii-u-xenoblades_1.png
621 KB, 600x513
Is this console still worth it??

I really want to play just a few games:
- Zelda wind waker;
- Zelda Twilight Princess;
- Xenoblade Chronicles X;
- Zelda Breath of the Wild;
- maybe Shin Megami Tensei x fire Emblem and Bayonetta 2.

That's 4 to 6 games.

And the console is basically fucking dead. Just 2 big games comming out for it(Zelda and SMTxFE).

I really have no clue what to do, maybe I should just buy Zeldas for my 3ds and say fuck it?

Btw. I got a PS4, Vita, 3DS and a proper PC so please no "better buy a ps4" answers.
>>
>>341710508
Why not see if you can find a cheap second hand one on ebay.
>>
>wind waker
on gamecube, not worth it just for graphics
>twilight princess
on gamecube/wii, not worth it just for graphics
>XCX
shit
>breath of the wild
will be on NX
>SMT X FE and Bayonetta 2
haven't played them, no opinion

Mine is literally just a Smash 4 and Splatoon machine at this point, it's fun but better to get one cheap instead of getting jewed out of $300 like I did
>>
>>341710667
Well I was thinking of going for a second hand one on my local countries ebay but from what I see a new Wii U with Xenoblade is 293 eur and a used one ~ 210 eur. Not that much difference.
>>
>>341710796
I really got the Zelda feaver right now.

This is fucking hard, especially knowing that NX is comming out.

If they only would tell us if NX is backwards compatible...
>>
>>341710796
>implying the NX is worth getting
You're setting yourself up for another ripoff like the WiiU was
>>
Don't bother, you'll just regret it.
XCX wasn't that great anyways.
>>
>>341711087
At the very least if he's going for Zelda might as well get the definitive version. We don't really know yet if the NX will be good
>>
>>341710508
Sure, it's a fun console and you can always trade it in for some spare cash when the NX comes out. Get Splatoon while you're at it and it'll be worth the money.
>>
>>341711180
I liked Xenoblade on Wii a lot, I thought it might be good as well.
>>
>>341711261
>we don't really know yet if the NX will be good
We don't really know yet if that definitive version is like Twilight Princess' "definitive version". Definitive standing for "flail hand with right-handed Link in mirrored world"-tier.
>>
>>341710508
Buy one used or wait for a price drop. I see the cheap on kijiji all the time.
>>
>>341710508
you waited too long, the wiiu is not worth it with the NX coming out in afew months
but it wasn't worth it when it came out either, be smart and spend that money on a PC
- a wiiu owner
>>
>>341710508
>And the console is basically fucking dead.
so what? its not like any of those games have online. you can always get mk8 and smash, those will have an online community for a long time. Theres also top freeze dong and pikmin 3 which are great games.
>>
>No mention of The Wonderful 101
HARAM
>>
>>341710508
Get it cheap or wait and see if NX is backwards compatible.

Nintendo's usually pretty good about including that. Not guaranteed, but it's usually there.
>>
>>341711554
It's great, don't listen to the shills. Gameplay is much better, it has much less story tho.
>>
>>341712617
platinum games are garbage m8
>>
>>341712202
So Nx is comming out at the end of the year in EU as well?

>>341712748
>NX is backwards compatible.
This is my dream.

>>341712775
Previous Xenoblade was character driven for me.
>>
>>341712843
t. Soulsfag
>>
>>341710796
>>341710508
Zelda remakes aren't worth it. However, Bayo 2, Dong Freeze and *maybe* W101are practically a must. SM3DW, Mario Kart 8 and Smash are pretty good local multiplayers if you decide to go for it.
>>341711180
>XCX
>shit
How pleb can you get, suckers?
>>
>>341710508
if you enjoyed the originals and havent played them on a long time. I really recommend the remakes. gives a slightly different experience while being pretty much the same.

Xenoblade CX and Bayonetta 2 are great. so you are probably going to enjoy them.

Personally im excited for #FE but i understand if people dont like it.

All in all, I say if you have the money laying around and you really want to play Nintendo games, just go for it.

You can also hack your WiiU if you want to play Wii and WiiU games.
>>
>>341713043
>>341710508
Forgot to mention, Splatoon is surprisingly mad fun if you're into online multiplayer.
>>
>>341710508
You can play the wiiu for free RIGHT NOW on the PC, all around better performance and the online isn't hot garbage, and you don't have to be tainted by Nintendo, no one will make fun of you for owning a nintendo product, and you can mod the games

spend your money upgrading your PC, or save for a second one
>>
>>341710508
Op, honest answer here : If you have the money, you already have enough games you want to play to justify your purchase. If you don't have much money, wait some months, we'll probably have a NX Nintendo Direct, if the console have BC, you will just have to buy a NX.
>>
>>341713043
Dong Freeze deserve more love, I tought it was fucking amazing.
>>
>>341710508
Too bad i don't know you i would just let you borrow mine with those games. I'm done with mine. Close to selling it
>>
>>341713586
IS there a emulator?

>>341713683
I got fuckloads of games I didn't play but bought them Like DS2, Bloodborne, Dishonored, Persona Arena, like 3 Atelier games, Dungeon Travelers 2 etc.

But the problem is I've always wanted to play some proper Zeldas and never had Nintendo consoles besides handhelds.
>>
>>341714268
>IS there a emulator?
Cemu, came out only a year into the wiiu's life cycle
>But the problem is I've always wanted to play some proper Zeldas and never had Nintendo consoles besides handhelds.
don't they are not worth the time you could be putting into the other better games you mentioned

to help you out, Windwaker is 50% sailing the sea and 15% getting to the dungeons, and the last 35 percent is the triforce quest
twilight princess is just OoT from the Handheld but worse
and breath of the wild seems like it is a mix of the two
>>
>>341714908
Thanks for the answer lad.

In fance, thank you all for the answers, I got a lot of good info.

I decided to try the emulator on my PC(I got a good graphics card so it should work) and if it dosn't work I'll find the best used wii U I can and just buy it and than buy the games.
>>
I get more use out of my wii u than my ps4, but I'd still recommend holding off at least until details about the NX are announced.
>>341714268
He's wildly exaggerating how good the emulation is.
>>
>>341715324
*In fact
>>
>>341715367
Yeah I know that emulators tend to be shit. Even the Wii ones are bugged as hell quite often.
>>
>>341715324
don't even buy the wiiu, the PS4K is coming out and will be the better console to buy than they wiiu and NX
and you already have a PC, just look up some guides and you will have far better games to play, so many you won't be able to finish them all
>>
>>341710508
If you can get round up five or so titles you are genuinely interested in and can find the Wii U for 200 bucks or less, might be worth it.

I bought mine on launch...and only really dust it off once--maybe twice--a year.
>>
>>341715583
Dolphin runs like a dream in comparison. Wii U emulation is in comparatively very early stages, and even that is to a significant degree because they got their hands on some stolen documentation. For specific games it might be usable, but it's not a proper improved substitute yet.
>>
>>341710796
Well, how much is a GC in good condition these days (plus games and controller)?
>>
>>341716198
Too much, and none of that money goes to Nintendo anyway. Emulate.
>>
I'm glad we could shepherd a lost lamb back on the right path, no one should be tricked into Nintendo products
>>
>>341710508
You could always just pirate the games if you don't want to spend a lot of money. The wii u has been fully cracked and you can play pirated games online as well.
>>
>>341710508
If you feel you'll get a reasonable amount of enjoyment out of it, and it fits in your budget, go for it.

If you feel that fun is just an imaginary concept, and something will only be good if an anonymous imageboard that is secretly only one person gives it permission, then you can probably just pass on it, buy a 3DS and unlock it.
>>
>>341710508
at this point if you don't already have one, no. NX will likely have BC. Just wait and get that.
>>
>>341716823
I got a 3DS and quite a lot of games for it.

The thing i I just wanted to experience the big console Zeldas. I never played one so I got a image of this fun adventure full of dungeons and exploration in my mind that draws me to the games.
>>
>>341710508
Why the fuck are you asking us if you know what you want? The console being dead has nothing to do with anything if you've confirmed what games you want.
>>
>>341717117
Calm down Luigi.
>>
>>341710508
I got a Wii U early this year and I regret not getting it sooner.

So far I've got SMM, MK8, Splatoon and that Kirby game, plus some VC and indie stuff and Wii games (I skipped most of last gen).

I've put most time into SMM and am still playing it regularly. MK8 & Splatoon are great games to play with friends, and Kirby was awesome to me because I could play it with my gf who is bad at videogames but has an easier time with touch controls.

I've also played some NSMBU in co-op that a friend brought with him, when he visited town. I'll get that one soon too because it is now available as a classic title.

There are also more titles like DKCF and 3D World that I'll eventually pick up. It's a very good console, especially if you enjoy local multiplayer.
>>
File: Waluigi_gun.png (295 KB, 912x1024) Image search: [Google]
Waluigi_gun.png
295 KB, 912x1024
>>341717195
BEST NOT BE TALKING BOUT LUIGI TO MY FACE NIGGA WAHHH
>>
>>341710508
wait another year or two and pick it up real cheap

It wont be 30-50 bucks Wii cheap but still pretty low. Where I live you can pick one up with like 5 popular games for 130-140 bucks
>>
>>341717943
>pick one up with like 5 popular games for 130-140 bucks

This is a great deal alread, unless the console is alll battered up or something. Where I live used consoles and especillay Wii remote plus controllers are only slightly cheaper than new ones. It's better to wait for a large retailer having a sale than getting stuff used because people seem to buy used stuff for retarded prices.
>>
>>341710796
>xcx
>shit
Wow anon what good taste you have...
>>
>>341710508
Forgetting Smash, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Mario Maker, and Wonderful 101.

If you must, wait and see if the NX is BC. Then just pick that up. If you didn't own a Wii, however, you can easily hack the vWii on the Wii U to play emulators for any previous Nintendo consoles/handhelds as well as a few other systems/handhelds.
>>
>>341718550
>the vWii

If I do this, could I play the Commodore 64 games that used to be available in the Wii shop but that have since been taken down?
>>
>>341718721
Yeah, you can emulate the C64 on just about anything.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/C64-network.org
>>
>Nintendo hasn't learned from their mistakes
>NX is going to be only slightly better than the wii u
I'm never buying a nintendo console again. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>341718839
>http://wiibrew.org/wiki/C64-network.org
Thanks!
>>
>>341710508
Honestly it was worth it for me in that Xenogears was a game I played as a kid that really influenced what games I like to play and X is like the ultimate culmination of what I liked from Xenogears, so the console was fine for me.

Bayonetta 2 was pretty good too, even though 1 is better.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.