[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was there anything in the Death Stranding trailer that indicated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: junji ito.png (362 KB, 600x522) Image search: [Google]
junji ito.png
362 KB, 600x522
Was there anything in the Death Stranding trailer that indicated Junji Ito was returning to work on the game along with Kojima?
>>
It would've mentioned him and Del Toro. Also holy shit poor Del Toro literally every game project he's ever a part of gets cancelled
>>
File: junji ito cosplay.jpg (108 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
junji ito cosplay.jpg
108 KB, 500x372
I believe Del Toro already said he isn't working with Kojima on Death Stranding, but with these people working on this game, I don't know how much I should believe them.
>>
I doubt it. Ito's style was a perfect match for the type of psychological horror found in silent hill. His themes of obsession and pent up desire probably would of shined when presented through the Horror of Silent Hill which manifests monsters based on the MC's psyche
I think there's obvious inspiration though, like the whole baby thing and the cesarean scar. It's similar to one of the chapters in uzumaki, the mushroom one.
Man, konami really fucked up a dream team.
>>
>>341706004
Man why was Uzumaki so fucking unsettling
I can usually read Ito's work fine and even usually find it fucking hilarious but I just could not read more than a couple chapters of that without feeling actually ill
>>
>>341707121
I cant play horror games im a huge bitch when it comes to getting scared. I can walk around at 3 in the morning being followed by crazy guy and still not bat an eye. But virtual monsters fuck my shit up. Anyway i really planned on this being my first horror game since fatal frame 2 since i fucking love ito i cant imagine there train of thought when they cancelled this game.
I played p.t. with the lights on during the day with friends around...i jumped multiple times.
>>
>>341707829
I never understood how people can be afraid of horror stuff to be honest. The fact you know its fake and can't hurt you prevents me from getting scared.
>>
File: Gyo-Walking-Whale.jpg (169 KB, 723x466) Image search: [Google]
Gyo-Walking-Whale.jpg
169 KB, 723x466
Nothing confirmed, but portions of the trailer reminded me a bit of Gyo. I wouldn't be surprised if he is consulting.
>>
>>341707121
>Man, konami really fucked up a dream team.
Theories still around that at least Del Toro could be in on it. Though the fact he wasn't mentioned in the trailer brings doubts to them. I mean he did that Interview with Geoff Kieghly and Kojima in December or whatever where they pretty much still talked like they would be working together. I hope at least Del Toro is involved, though it'd be godly if Ito is involved again as well.

I really do wish all three of them stayed making a Silent Hill game though. It would have been Kojima's magnum opus desu.
>>
is it too late for storytime
>>
>tfw Tomie paper backs are like $50
sure you can read the whole Tomie series online but it'd be nice to own them physically, a half-price books had the second one that was selling for $40~
>>
File: i'm by a border.png (399 KB, 803x758) Image search: [Google]
i'm by a border.png
399 KB, 803x758
Does anyone have some of his works to storytime?
>>
Wasn't there going to be a Pokemon manga written by Junji Ito?
>>
>>341707604
other worldly human mutilation is very hard for the majority of people to not get uncomfortable over
>>
File: kowamon 1.jpg (259 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kowamon 1.jpg
259 KB, 1280x720
>>341709081
No, just promotional images for Halloween.
>>
>>341709081
no, i believe it was a small image set, or I believe just one image that he did.
>>
File: kowamon 2.jpg (196 KB, 800x580) Image search: [Google]
kowamon 2.jpg
196 KB, 800x580
>>341709332
He's done a few. They're called "KowaPoke", accidentally named the images kowamon.
>>
>>341709574
cute girl~
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.