[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Nintendorks and Xboners are mad at the potential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 14
Do you think Nintendorks and Xboners are mad at the potential of this becoming GOTY?
>>
I'm a sonygger and I hate this shit.
>>
>>341685032
This was the second gayest thing at E3, after Kojima's new """""game"""""'. And they were wearing those gay ribbons too.
>>
honestly it just looks really boring.

the gameplay is awful, everyone's really tired of the 8 hour slow moviegame with no replay value

and the context of the story is awful. you can't just take a one dimensional character like kratos and then all of a sudden try to shove him into an overly emotional story. it's melodramatic and unbelievable. kratos is a sensitive man, really? didn't seem too sensitive DURING THE LAST 5 GAMES WE SAW HIM IN
>>
>>341685032
the old games were shit and just got popular by being edgy. This game will change nothing. Its another sony IP that will be forgotten in 2 weeks.
>>
>>341685152
This.

Its fucking walk-and-talk cutscene bullshit.
God of War was better than that.
its going to be a horrible action game.
>>
>>341685314
The game looks pretty meh but for some reason I had a big grin on my face when Kratos walked out of the shadows
>>
>Cinecuck of Wife's Son
>GOTY
>any year
>>
>>341685032
Why does there always have to be ten threads of the same game? Are you so clinically retarded you can't check the catalog? Holy balls anon don't ever talk to me or my wifes son again.
>>
>>341685859
>GoW
>better than this
I think the whole reason people hated GoW is because it wasn't even better than this shit.

Doesn't mean this shit will be any good either.
>>
>>341685992
The Cuck of Us: God of Skyrim Rises
>>
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/14/e3-2016-god-of-war-made-me-care-about-the-series-for-the-first-time

>By adding depth and humanity to Kratos, Sony has made me care about God of War.
>>
>>341686284
>I think the whole reason people hated GoW is because it wasn't even better than this shit.
So the people we are talking about here are the people who think last of us and uncharted are the gold standard right?

Because fuck you if you think this is an upgrade for God of War.
>>
>>341685992
>>341686310
>"wife's son, cuck, etc"
>the kid is his son, that he fucked and made

So is this just some intentionally stupid new epic meme or is /v/ just retarded and lacking the reading comprehension of a second grader?
>>
>>341685859
Yeah, but have you tried following Andre?
>>
>>341686340
I think I'm gonna hurl god I hate games journalism. Games should be about game play first and foremost not this PC touchy Feely crap.
>>
>>341686443
Ain't a Downgrade. It met a unfortunate medium.
Of exchanging one shitty style for another.
>>
>>341686545
Why? What's wrong with it? Why is no one allowed to have an opinion you don't share?
>>
File: 1413118287165.png (486 KB, 501x484) Image search: [Google]
1413118287165.png
486 KB, 501x484
>>341686340
>if I can't relate to a fellow cuckold, then I can't care about video games
l m a o
>>
why does everyones' skin look like it's been burned by acid
>>
>>341686530
/v/ is so obsessed with cuckoldry that they see it literally everywhere now.

Same thing with SJWs, Juden conspiracies, etc.
>>
>trying to make Kratos a sympathetic human being
One of the very first things we see him do is kill a boat captain for shits and giggles, and it worked because the people he was fighting were even bigger assholes by virtue of being Greek gods.
>>
Isn't this going to be a lot slower paced than the other God of War games? Is it supposed to be less action oriented?
>>
>>341686659
>Why? What's wrong with it?
Gameplay is inherently more important to a game than any other ancillary parts like "empathy."
>>
>>341685032
>Shit post thread
>>
>>341686530
It's some shitty /tv/ meme that crossboarders think they have to spam everywhere
>>
>>341685032
Nah, i'm more interested in COD
I love space ship stuff.
>>
>>341686628
>Ain't a Downgrade.
It is if you like action games.

God of War was like the only AAA action game left.
No wonder there hasn't been a successful character action game in ages.
No wonder there is no Devil May Cry 5.

Nobody gives a shit anymore.
>>
+1 cuck.
>>
>>341686545
>One of my biggest qualms with the prior GoW games is that Kratos himself just didn’t have the depth I wanted in a character. But that’s changing now.
> I love the idea of a post-Last of Us Kratos who still retains his core tenets and traits, but suddenly has to deal wit the fact that he now has his own flesh-and-blood beside him at all times.
>As we saw from the demo, the bond between Kratos and his son is at the heart of God of War. This is key throughout every moment of the game. When his son pulls back his bow, nervously aims towards a buck, and misses the shot, Kratos begins to yell at him. Suddenly, a rage meter — generally used as a combat mechanic — appeared in the corner and began to rise as Kratos scolded the boy. But as the boy apologized and the God of War realized that he was OVERREACTING
>While you assume complete control of Kratos, you also passively control his son throughout the ENTIRE GAME, and both characters grow and evolve. There’s a single button dedicated to your son, and its use depends on the context. He becomes an active participant in combat, traversal, exploration, and puzzle-solving. In this, the game is about passing knowledge onto your child.
>>
>>341685032
If this becomes GOTY then we must've had an extremely dull year.
>>
>>341686841
Same shit with seeing /pol/ everywhere.
Might wanna look in the mirror here buddy.
>>
>>341686530
Uh dude this memes been around for months. Really picked up steam with Karl the cuck though.
>>
>>341686340
I can actually relate a lot to that article.

I'm simply not the same guy I was ten years ago before I was a parent and I look at things through quite a different moral lens now. It changes you. Old Kratos doesn't appeal to me anymore and I like the idea of him having a more human side.

I can completely understand why a lot of people, especially /v/, wouldn't like that. But I'm looking forward to it.
>>
File: kdgbk.png (365 KB, 380x404) Image search: [Google]
kdgbk.png
365 KB, 380x404
Has a hack and slash ever won GOTY?
>>
>>341686284
GoW was always about fucking shit up
There's nothing wrong with walk n talk, I like that in games like Uncharted
That's not why I play GoW for tho
I play to fuck shit up
>>
File: 1460674424750.png (6 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1460674424750.png
6 KB, 321x322
>>341685032
>>
WIFE'S SON
>>
>>341685032
You could at least posted Days Gone
>>
As someone who bought gow 3 remastered as my first gow AND HATED IT this gameplay looked fucking awful. Fuck off ND stick to making more GOAT uncharted games. That lou shit doesnt belong in gow.
>>
>muh cinematic experience
Santa Monica can go fuck themselves
>>
>>341687158
Show me one place where I mentioned /pol/ in that post.
>>
>>341685032
Xboner here, I couldn't give less of a shit t b h
>>
>>341687160
>Uh dude this memes been around for months.

The game literally got announce just a few days ago.
>>
>>341687254
Well this clearly isn't a hack and slash, so that's not about to change anytime soon.
>>
>>341687458
You just equated sjw shit with antisemitism.
If that isn't screaming /pol/ I don't know what is.
Don't be dishonest here.
You are seeing anti-sjw shit everywhere even where it isn't just as much as the the people you hate so much.
>>
File: 1407980886258.png (107 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1407980886258.png
107 KB, 320x287
I honestly found the whole thing surreal first time I watched it. We have the guy who never spoke in anything softer than a frustrated grunt, whose main claim to fame was needlessly butchering various characters from Greek mythology. Now he's doing that retarded looking "realistic" Naughty Dog jog during the not-cutscene, trying its hardest to make us take this literal psychopath seriously.

>tfw there's a thread "over there" with a good deal of people arguing GoW is a better action game than fucking Ninja Gaiden Black because it has good writing
>>
Yes.
>>
Gotta be a dad
>>
I don't understand the positive reaction to this. That fucking tank movement and qte gameplay makes me think of The Order. In the process of destinguishing this from the God of War formula they have blended it in with the increasingly overdone "cinematic" experience.

People are lauding sony for doing something "different" but these kind of games are literally all their studios make right now.
>>
>>341686530
Keep in mind the kind of character Kratos has been going back to all the games. Keep in mind that Kratos regularly used and even killed women. Yet now you are expected to believe he is willing to take care of "his son" like a good little cuck.
>>
>>341685032
>The Last of Gods: War Souls

How can anyone be hyped for this? There's literally a son button.

"Press X to son" is literally in the game
>>
>>341687179
Kratos is a TURBO MURDERER, son. It's almost impossible to turn a character around after that without flat out ignoring the truth of his past.

Remember when you could freely slaughter innocent townspeople for health orbs? Because Santa Monica doesn't seem to have.
>>
>>341687340
KEK
>>
>this entire thread
>all these butt hurt haters trying to hate
Kek, as if anything else from the conference looked half as good as this
>>
>>341685032
>my wife's son
>>
File: 87690.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
87690.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>341685032
Why is the protagonist of every sony game an old white dude taking care of someone else's kid? Do they promote cucking?
>>
>>341687769
>qte gameplay
>destinguishing this from the God of War formula
OH THE IRONING
>>
>>341686935
So are you saying it is literally okay when Nintendo fanboys do it? >>341674027
>>
The graffix look good but that gameplay looks stiff as fuck.
>>
>>341685032
No
But as a fucking God of War fan I am absolutely livid
>>
>>341687580
Yea I meant the wife's son type bit. Been used for the whole cuckoldry spiel for awhile now.
>>
File: 4_61_070108_Puppy.jpg (10 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
4_61_070108_Puppy.jpg
10 KB, 360x270
This is kinda sad
>>
>>341688008
At least the old games had a halfway decent hack n slash combat system. This doesn't look engaging at all.
>>
>>341687179
You're right anon being a parent does change people
It makes everyone I see become one completely awful in one way or another
>>
>>341686545
>Games should be about game play first and foremost not this PC touchy Feely crap.

Says who? Why not just not play the games that don't put gameplay first?

I personally want a compelling interactive story. Call it whatever you want. "Interactive Movie", "Movie Game", whatever, I don't care. I just want more of them.

I swear for people who claim to hate SJWs you people act just like them, with the whole "IT'S NOT WHAT I LIKE THEREFORE IT SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO EXIST AND BE ENJOYED BY OTHER PEOPLE!" mentality.
>>
Dad of War
>>
>>341685032
>LAST OF US UNCHARTED MOVIE DAD EDITION
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>341688379
holy shit end yourself.
Everything about your post is absolutely disgusting.

I usually just lurk you disgust me.
>>
File: mfw_mum_dosent_bring_tendies.gif (683 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
mfw_mum_dosent_bring_tendies.gif
683 KB, 320x238
>>341685152
This, I despise TLOU and seeing a clone of it win GOTY would make me commit a meme
>>
>>341688009
this is more like one of those ironic shitposting threads that you see on /tv/
>>
Not compelling at all but who cares, franchise can't get any more dead than it is and it was shit anyway.
>>
>>341687179
>I'm simply not the same guy I was ten years ago before I was a parent and I look at things through quite a different moral lens now. It changes you.

You are entitled to feel this way but you should also expect people to call you a moron for feeling this way to. This is way out of character for who Kratos is and doesn't make a lick of sense. The only thing that could have made sense is Kratos finally dying either by his own hand or by someone else.

See >>341687818 >>341687871

I get that you are supposedly now more "mature" but that doesn't mean you have to become a soft idiot as well. You should know that nothing about the new GOW makes actual canon sense. It would be like if Samus wanted to become transgender.

It is clear Sony made the decision to change up the game because of how successful TLOU has been and also because nu males such as yourself want these pansy sissy "muh story and human feels" in your video games.
>>
>>341688263
God of War is pretty bottom of the barrel as far as hack n slash/proto-character action games go.

But you're otherwise right: it was nice mindless fun for a while, and this somehow does look much worse.
>>
>>341685032
Fast paced beat em up is now a third person movie game where the main character is less mobile than Marcus Fenix.

I'm Sonygger and i'm not touching this shit
>>
File: Egg-Girl-21.jpg (86 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Egg-Girl-21.jpg
86 KB, 640x480
>>341685032
I know this thread is a shitstorm but I think it actually does have the potential to be pretty damn good.
>>
>>341688670
That is the thing.
I wanted the franchise to go in the other direction.

I wanted it to be deeper combat and less stupid story. More Devil May Cry less Last of Us.
>>
>>341685032
>cinematic experience
>goty
U WOT MATE
>>
>>341685032
god, i don't even know why i visit this fucking board anymore. why do all retarded gamers have to "pick a side"? i mean shit, do you faggots have nothing better to do? instead of whining about which console or whatever the fuck you play on is better, just play the fucking games you want to play. god, OP, are you 12?
>>
File: salame.gif (953 KB, 400x297) Image search: [Google]
salame.gif
953 KB, 400x297
God of Dad
>>
>>341688869
women with extra piercings or noticeable tattoos are absolutely abominable
>>
>>341688994
Welp guess we don't need this image board then considering sharing opinions and discussing videogames is literally why it exists
>>
>>341688379
>"IT'S NOT WHAT I LIKE THEREFORE IT SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO EXIST AND BE ENJOYED BY OTHER PEOPLE!"
You're probably just baiting, but the problem is these "games" are becoming all the more in demand, and those that prioritize actual game design--by as close as we have to an empirical definition, actual games--are becoming more and more of a riskier investment.

And if you just want a story, there are better mediums that should be looked into for that. It's a cliche at this point only because it needs to be repeated so often.

>>341688878
Your hearts in the right place, but I don't think the series really cared much about that kind of interactive depth.
>>
>>341686530
The boy is clearly Ullr, an archer god born from Sif (Thor's wife) and a father that's not recorded (Kratos in this iteration).
It's Thor who is the cuck and sending creatures to kill them.
>>
If you EVER insult sony again my dad will fuck you up!!!
>>
File: eg17.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
eg17.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>341689229
then fuck the ones without those things?
>>
>>341689338
>but I don't think the series really cared much about that kind of interactive depth.

I can just say I am out for god of war.
But considering the positive reaction and the sales for Uncharted and Last of Us this might be a good decision for them.
>>
I'm borrowing vol 1 of the HD collection from a friend this week because I suddenly got the urge to try the series after reading that the games are about a guy who is a complete unlikable dick 100% of the time.

I hear they're mind-numbingly easy, so should I start the game on the hardest difficulty?
>>
>>341688659
Why should Samus want to "become" transgender when she's already one?
>>
>>341689338
>I don't like it because other people do
>>
>>341689749
>>I don't like it because other people do

>every game should be the same
>>
>>341689354
This just gave me the weirdest picture of Chris Hensworrh looking on forlornly as Jamie Alexander is being plowed by a big black guy.
>>
>>341689617
They're braindead simple (essentially a button masher) if you're used to Bayo/DMC/NG. I don't remember if they're unlocked by default.

>>341689749
>you
>reading comprehension
Pick one
>>
>>341689869
You're the one saying every game should be the same, dipshit.
>>
File: 1408605408191.png (367 KB, 1130x900) Image search: [Google]
1408605408191.png
367 KB, 1130x900
>The Rage of Us: Dad of War.
Pretty sure people don't like that fact that it's nothing like god of war. Obviously just a well known IP name slapped on what would of been a new IP, for marketing purposes.
God of war sucked anyways.
>>
>>341690026
am I? where?
>>
>>341685032
Sonygger here,

Zelda and FFXV will be better games by a wide margin than this cinematic feelshit
>>
>>341689969
I've played Bayo, and 1-4 of the DMC games to completion, so I guess checking them out might be worth it for the kek factor. Hopefully I get a difficulty option
>>
>>341690092
Right around the part where you were saying games should be about gameplay.
>>
>>341689969
I never understood this meme you can also beat bayonetta and DMC by mashing square so why is god of war different?
>>
>>341690225
Not me.

All I see here is god of war turning into last of us.

If you think that is asking for games to be the same you are beyond retarded.
>>
>>341688379
Alright that's fine if you want more but if it's more akin to an "interactive movie" then maybe it should belong on another board like /tv/ or something. Are you seriously suggesting video games shouldn't be about game play when they are supposed to be at their core about human interaction with a UI to generate visual feedback? This blurring of lines I see with Quick time events and all this other stripped down gameplay shit gets aggravating to see when your just trying to play a game to have fun. As for the bit of just not playing games that do this sort of thing I certainly don't but it's incredibly frustrating when I see as a consumer more and more companies going this route and I as a consumer have less and less choice as time goes on. Especially with triple A games. Games never used to have all this movie stuff and it was I'd argue a more enjoyable time.
>>
Kratos becomes Odin, the boy is Thor and will be the lead in sequels.
>>
>>341690225
It's funny how you think that's me.

>Right around the part where you were saying games should be about gameplay.
I'm still going to try to be diplomatic, so I'll just ask: do you really not see something weird about a "game" not being primarily concerned with its degree of "game"play.

>>341690302
Bayo on Normal and DMC3, maybe; a good deal of luck is needed. But he games were designed around a scoring system, which one cannot succeed at without learning how to actually play.
>>
File: a large ham.gif (2 MB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
a large ham.gif
2 MB, 300x174
>>341685032
>god of war
>game of the year

That shit was played out after the first one.
>>
>>341690601
And do you not see anything strange with not realizing that there's room for different types of game?
>>
>>341685032

It's like going to a burger place and finding out they've made a completely new different type of burger but it looks like an old burger.
>>
>>341692409
Once again
>reading
>comprehension
If these little movie games were just little distractions every once in a while, there wouldn't be so much of a problem with it (see /v/'s love for Killer7 or Deadly Premonition). But other games, the ones that more indebted to player interactivity and actual problem solving than vague "player experience" or "immersion," are decidedly less popular and not as prioritized.

These video "games" are trying their damnedest to not be games, and it's a practice that's unfortunately what the silent majority and fair weather game players want.
>>
>>341693042
And you're just pretentious enough to think you define what makes a game, much less a good one.
>>
>>341693042

Well of course it is. I don't have time for these childish "lol go around and smack dudes haha oh look a bomb lol isn't that whakcy" nintendo games. I want my time to actually be worth spending and games with cinematic experiences or that play like interactive movies are definitely a better use of my time. You get so much more out of it, they're on a deeper level that a guy in a green hat with a sword hitting cartoon enemies for some reason. But who knows, if your mentally on that low of an age level then more power to you. It's like the equivalent of playing with blocks whilst all the grownups play serious games. Still, if you enjoy it then good for you champ
>>
>>341693778
>And you're just pretentious enough to think you define what makes a game
Not really. A game by definition has actual components that make it what it is. GoW reboot doesn't quite look walking simulator tier, but it certainly looks to be more concerned with ancillary bullshit.

This isn't even a story thing, it's and interactivity one. No one seems to get that.

>>341693792
>Nintendo
underage b& when
>>
SKYRIM 2 xDDD
>>
>>341685032
Nintyfag here and I say I can't wait for the speculah threads.

I like how,

>"Barlog also confirmed that this game predates the Vikings; it is the time from which the stories of their gods come from." -Wikipedia

So maybe this is some loose retelling of Norse mythology. Maybe Kratos here will be Ymir and his son here is Odin?
>>
>>341694428
Yeah, a win and lose condition. Mechanics have nothing to do with it.
>>
File: 1459899141926s.jpg (5 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1459899141926s.jpg
5 KB, 250x187
>>341685032
The setting looks amazing. GoW was never as good as the Platinum/Clover action games but they were fun. Now they're going with boring Cinematic Experience™.

Didn't Sony learn anything about The Order fiasco?
>>
Shitty movie games are shitty. Especially when it was already god of press x to win.
>>
>>341697098
>failstate
>set of rules determining failstate
>mechanics to overcome failstate
if we're being precise, but sure, that works (except mechanics are of course necessary, just not always to the degree of a Bayonetta or DMC).

The point, though, is that the popular cinematic games that /v/ detests do not place priority on developing these things. They're much simpler problems to solve, easier obstacles to overcome. Merely having a "win lose condition" is only a tier up from something like Dear Esther; there still needs to be engaging and worthwhile game design underneath. They don't have that part, and it's a problem only because of the extent to which they're influencing modern game development.
>>
>>341685032
Why would us Xbox and Nintendo guys be angry when we have actual games and not well....enjoy your movies.
>>
>>341685032
I liked GoW games and this Last of Us bullshit can fuck right off.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.