[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was thinking of getting into a card game and decided Yu-Gi-Oh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Yugioh_Logo.png (372 KB, 1431x578) Image search: [Google]
Yugioh_Logo.png
372 KB, 1431x578
I was thinking of getting into a card game and decided Yu-Gi-Oh was the perfect one for me.

However, after some months of casually playing the 2006 GBA game I tried Ygopro (as /v/ suggested) and did horribly. I don't know any of the cards and some of the mechanics are completely new to me.

So, what would be the next natural step for me? Get some newer games to learn the new mechanics and newer cards or keep trying Ygopro? Or maybe there's another way? I noticed that people who do tournaments simply know all the cards by heart. That's scary since there are so many of them; I wanna get good but hopefully it doesn't mean I have to just memorize them outside of the actual games...
>>
also: I don't really have anyone to play with irl so that's out of the question
>>
I would recommend watching pro tournaments and watching other players strategies. In my experience, most older cards are not as good in todays meta so keep that in mind. Learn pendulum summoning, it's pretty OP. IMO
>>
>>341668824
Any way to watch a tournament and actually understand what's going on? The problem is I can't keep up if I don't know the cards they're using. Some descriptions are freaking long and they usually go pretty fast
>>
File: yugiwhat.jpg (41 KB, 410x308) Image search: [Google]
yugiwhat.jpg
41 KB, 410x308
I stopped keeping track of yugioh after synchro, but I hear it's gotten super convoluted with ridiculous new summoning methods.
>>
The pros do go very fast, really nothing can be done. I have learned by just playing (mostly losing) and doing research into whats popular. Learning cards and what they do comes from just playing the game. Try finding a card series that you like (ex. Elemental heroes) and learn about them and how to build a deck with them. Other than that experience is really all that helps.
>>
Here's what I did, I went on the YGOPRO forum, downloaded some anime decks and stuff, so I know how to kind of play and did anime vs anime decks.
Just start off easy and you'll be fine.
>>
>>341669752
Thanks, I'll do that
>>
>>341669657
Xyz and Pendulum summon.

Pendulum is a bit harmless as now, since you need build a entire deck to make full use of the damn summon method. But Xyz can be used in every fucking deck because it just need 2 monsters.

If you really want a game with all summon types Arc V Tag force translated on Psp, far as I remember this is the most recent YGO game.
>>
File: Lord Raiza.gif (266 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Lord Raiza.gif
266 KB, 400x400
>>341667432
Tag Force Special games are pretty good for learning the game's newer mechanics as is Legacy of the Duelist. YGOPro is still a good way to learn the game the only problem is it doesn't actually have actual tutorials like the official games do so you just gotta keep playing and learn as you go. Dont be afraid to lose also.

As for people who remember all the cards it isn't all that hard. You just get used to seeing so many of the same cards all the time. It also helps that the vast majority of cards outside of whats meta relevant are useless so there isn't actually a whole lot to remember. You'd also be surprised at how many tournament players don't actually know about various cards.
MAI HUSBANDO
>>
>>341671704
If I remember, didn't konami said that they are doing more YGO games for consoles?

I'm itching for some YGO game on portables.Tag force just keep me busy because waifus.
>>
Look up a deck that looks interesting to you, make a deck, and play it until you unnderstand how modern Yugioh plays
>>
File: raiza husbando.png (345 KB, 750x570) Image search: [Google]
raiza husbando.png
345 KB, 750x570
>>341672097
Yes. There are three new yugioh games coming this year apparently. One mobile, one console/PC, and one 3DS game.

https://ygorganization.com/2016-video-game-en/
>>
>>341672825
I hope they don't fuckup the 3ds game again.

And put the damn online.And exclusive cards please, so I can scam people later.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.