[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Xenogears had to cut over half of its content. >Almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
>Xenogears had to cut over half of its content.
>Almost none of the first disc was cut.
>The annoying slog that is Nortune, garbage characters like Maria, and shit "dungeons"like the Shevat shafts remained.
>ACTUALLY INTERESTING dungeons and fights were cut from disc 2.

Who the fuck develops a game linearly? Why the fuck were so many resources and subplots wasted on Nortune? The game grinds to a fucking halt until just before you meet Billy, it's maddening.
>>
When people talk about Xenogears being great, they really just mean the beginning and ending.
>>
>>341666865
Addendum: Rico a shit.
>>
>>341666334
Their team had a fat chunk of their staff taken from them in order to finish and release FF8 on time
>>
>>341668143
A decent team would have been working on the essentials instead of fucking Tekken X Virtual-On minigames.
>>
>>341668143
GRORIOUS FF does it again.
Goddamn, I hate that series so fucking much.
>>
>you will never play a complete Xenogears game

Feels bad man. I played it for the first time a few years back and even then I was left lacking. I can only imagine the sorrow that people that played the game during their childhood felt.
>>
>>341668441
this are the decisions needed to be made in order to keep a company in business

a lot of companies wouldn't have done that and go bankrupt because of it.
>>
>>341669227
>this are the decisions needed to be made in order to keep a company in business
Hmmm yes I understand your explanation
>>
>>341666334
Xenosaga had 3 games cut.
>>
>>341669460
Xenosaga was also shit from the start. Episodes 1 and 2 are terrible.
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (25 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
25 KB, 350x350
>>341666334
>Maria
>garbage
>>
>>341670654
>Maria
>Not a waste of space
Even more inconsequential than post-Nortune Rico.
>>
File: 53754246_p0.jpg (534 KB, 1280x1813) Image search: [Google]
53754246_p0.jpg
534 KB, 1280x1813
>>341671493
No one beats Rico's uselessness though
>>
>>341671914
She gets less screentime in the ending than Rico, Chuchu, and even Margie.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.