[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is it that when it finally looks like Call of Duty is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: infinite dislikes.jpg (72 KB, 950x172) Image search: [Google]
infinite dislikes.jpg
72 KB, 950x172
So why is it that when it finally looks like Call of Duty is straying away from their formula and trying something new, people seem to hate it? I get that the first trailer they put out was shit, and disliking it became a meme, but the gameplay they showed at Sony's E3 conference looked genuinely interesting and fun.

Are all the dislikes from COD fanboys who enjoy playing the same game every year? Is it just people memeing? Are the general public just getting sick of COD games by now?
>>
>>341665306
>but the gameplay they showed at Sony's E3 conference looked genuinely interesting and fun.
No it didn't.
>>
I think people are finally tired of COD now.
>>
Its just because of the setting, kiddies hate the future because they perceive sci-fi as immauture. But they gobble up ww2 because muh grittiness and saving private ryan. Although im not going to touch that game because i dont like cod in general i think the setting is neat and i appeeciate the effort in the change
>>
all of those dislikes are from paid bots by EA
I don't have the comparison pictures, but if you look at all of the call of duty trailers and their like/dislike bars, they all followed a similar trend of about ~80% likes to 20% dislikes
only with advanced warfare is it the complete opposite
>>
You're taking this all too seriously. I don't think you understand just how many people buy these games. Just how many of them don't pay attention to stuff like this. Who don't even watch trailers. Who buy it because friends do
>>
Just bad rep, the same way EA will get worst E3 conference for the next years despite it being good or bad
>>
>>341665748
er, I meant to say infinite warfare, sorry for the typo
but yeah, it only has about 400k likes compared to almost 3 million dislikes
>>
>>341665680
Haven't the last 4 games taken place in the future?
>>
>>341665750
This they will say they hate but since their friends will get it they will also, itll break sales records again and the cycle will continue. TL;DR: i dont matter none of this matters.
>>
>>341665965
I think yeah
>>
imagine if madden became basketball

that's basically what's happening here
>>
>>341666234
Dumbest post I've seen all week
>>
>>341665306
The same people who ride the CoD is shit bandwagon are the same ones who bought FO4+Season pass and think its GotY

Anti cod fags are far more obnoxious

Take what they say with a grain of salt.

I'm indifferent but I think IW looks a fuck ton better then BF1 not buying either though since its all FPS trash.
>>
>>341666234
Thats not even remotely true
>>
File: 17092805812.gif (2 MB, 185x156) Image search: [Google]
17092805812.gif
2 MB, 185x156
>>341666234
>>
It's from EA fanboys who are more excited for Battlefield 4's new WWI mod coming out this fall.
>>
Hating on CoD (rightfully) became a meme.

Now we're in bizarro land where the next CoD actually looks fun and the tacticool kids hate it.

>>341666430
Is it, though? My friend and I weren't expecting this to even be a CoD game before the title went up. It's still in the same basic genre, as a Madden sports swap would be, but it's a different subgenre with a different audience.
>>
>>341666234
CoD's core gameplay doesn't change from game to game. It'll add a new mechanic here or there, but the primary gameplay has stayed the same since 2007. Changing a football game to basketball would completely change the rules of how you're supposed to control the game, so that's not a viable argument.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.