[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you play a Dragon Quest game that had mechanics that were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: dqxips4.jpg (252 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dqxips4.jpg
252 KB, 1280x720
Would you play a Dragon Quest game that had mechanics that were similar to Breath of the Wild?
>>
Actually i would only play a DQ if it was a Action RPG, i believe it would be a much better fit for the franchise.
The problem is that would have a negative impact on the japanese fans.
>>
>>341661738
Dq sells like 6 times better in Japan than the rest of the world, and give dq some cred for not going full retard like final fantasy
>>
>>341660872
No.

>>341661738
>i believe it would be a much better fit for the franchise.
Elaborate.
>>
I really like dragon quest, but I struggle so to finish them. When I'm close to the end I always get bored of something. The music is great, the characters are fantastic, I like the art style. Yuusha Yoshihiko, while only one of two Japanese shows I watch are great. I even tried to watch an anime that some anon recommended to me, that allegedly had a lot of dragon quest references. It was about a kindergarden teacher, it was pretty retarded.
I feel bad for not completing so many of them
>>
No, I don't like video games
>>
No, I played Caravan Heart already and it sucked.
>>
File: 1448183726061.png (172 KB, 698x383) Image search: [Google]
1448183726061.png
172 KB, 698x383
>people wanting to change dq

play warriors if you want to play a hack n slash
>>
>>341660872
I'd go so far as DQX's combat but that's not really the same is it?
>those Dracky niggers watching in the back
How scary
>>
>>341661738
Let's make every game an action RPG why don't we
>>
Dragon Quest Heroes already exists retards, and a sequel is on it's way.

Can we stop this now? Let's at least see if DQ XI is worth shit
>>
How does DQ 10 do in Japan? Is it successful?
>>
>>341660872
No. It needs to retain that classy RPG feel, especially in the combat. BotW can get away with it, I think it would hurt this franchise.
>>
>>341663645
>I played the worst Monsters spin-off game and it sucked

What a surprise!
>>
>>341665360
Das der joken
>>
>>341662758
Action RPG done right feels more like an adventure, since is not only about combat but the way you interact with the world.

Turn based combat was more popular because of technology limitations.
>>
I would be play most DQs
>>
File: 1460841263750.jpg (25 KB, 468x423) Image search: [Google]
1460841263750.jpg
25 KB, 468x423
Fuck. Thanks for reminding me that DQXI won't come to america for like 5 more years.
>>
I would still play it but I'd rather have it be a traditional DQ game, at least action rpg.

Open world is just becoming a boring gimmick.
>>
>>341666015
>just becoming
It became one a whole decade ago
>>
>>341666015
>Open world is just becoming a boring gimmick.
Dragon Quest has been doing it since 1986, though.
>>
Why does everything have to be an action game? Why can't turn-based exist? Go play the spin-offs and be satisfied with that or kill yourself, OP.
>>
File: Knight Slime sleeping.png (1023 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Knight Slime sleeping.png
1023 KB, 1280x720
>>341661738
Just wait for Heroes 2
>An actual overworld with dungeons and side quests
>Protags (both male and female) can change his classes
>Coop mode with crossplay and online
>Most popular characters from the DQ series are playable
>You can transform into a monster or use it as ally with the medals
>Monster have differents reactions in the overworld, depending of daytime and/or weather

>>341664727
Yes, is actually the most successfuly MMORPG right now. PSO2 and Dragon Dogma are behind
I think FF14 lost a lot of players after Heavensward, not really sure if they recovered it after that
>>
>>341666525
>other games claim to be open-world
>still pretty much on rails until you clear x-story event or possess y-item
>dq1 only makes you ask yourself "Am I sure I'm ready to cross this bridge? Am I REALLY sure?" and if you aren't the game shows you and half of your current gold that you aren't ready.
Best DQ.
>>
>>341666801
>can change his classes
Don't forget weapons. Despite cutscenes only using the initial weapons, you switch right back to whatever you're using as soon as you regain control. Thank fuck, because bows look rad.
>>
>>341666938
I actually just beat DQ1 a few days ago. It may be the oldest mainline DQ with the least features, but fuck was it fun.
>>
>>341666731
My favourite Dragon Quest game(out of the ones I've played, at least) is 8, I don't hate turn-based systems. It was just a hypothetical question.
>>
anyone played Builders? shit's fun.
>>
>>341666801
How was Heroes? I want to get it in the Steam sale (if it's on sale).
>>
>>341661738
Heroes 2 seems like it's more of an action rpg due to the more open world but it still plays like a musuo
>>
>>341667792
But /v/, you said you liked curayzee gaems.
Remember how excited you were when you saw Zelda Musou's trailer?
>>
>>341667571
I'm just going to grab it in october since I'm too lazy to import or make a jap psn
looks comfy as fuck tho
>>
>>341667581
First game sucked mega balls, feels very bare bones.
Second one will probably be good.
>>
File: cute as fuck.png (824 KB, 783x440) Image search: [Google]
cute as fuck.png
824 KB, 783x440
Are we getting Heroes 2 or is that a :^))))) prospect at this point?
>>
>>341668234
>very bare bones
As in it only has few stages and not much shit to unlock/level up, or that it's a musou? I don't mind musou if that's the problem.
>>
>>341667986
I don't represent all of /v/ but I hated the zelda musou trailer mostly because I thought the new designs looked like ass
I love DQH 1 because of the atmosphere and the fact it was deeper than most musous
>>341668285
I've heard its dependent on the sales of DQH1 but I've also heard people say they saw advertising for it along with builders at E3 but no XI
>>
>>341668285
Given that Heroes 1 got announced for the west fairly quickly (considering how much other stuff has been out for even longer with no announcements, that is), the fact that they haven't said a thing yet is a cause for worry.
Especially since they half-assedly threw it on Steam, which shows they didn't have much faith in it selling at all.
>>
File: 66fca387.png (274 KB, 727x410) Image search: [Google]
66fca387.png
274 KB, 727x410
>>341668668
>but I've also heard people say they saw advertising for it along with builders at E3
Sounds like bullshit on their parts.
Going to need proof of this advertising, because I really want to play with best girl.
>>
>>341668591
No, it sucked dick as a Musou. I have like 6 Musou platinum trophies and I couldn't even finish DQ Heroes because it was so boring.
One Piece was the same, fucking hated the first game, but then they turned around and made the sequels good. Hoping it's the same for this.
>>
>>341668285
I'm worried. I don't think the first one sold very well at all, and SE probably has higher goals than KT.
>>
>>341668678
>Especially since they half-assedly threw it on Steam
>always aware of this but never bought it because I had the PS4 version
>it's 60 buckaroos here on Steam
>2 to 3 times the price of any other SE game
Why
>>
>>341668920
according to this website heroes 2 is on the list for e3 http://www.thebitbag.com/kingdom-hearts-3-e3-update-disney-worlds-to-expect-in-upcoming-trailer/155832
though it doesn't appear on the square enix e3 schedule http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/square-enix-presents-e3-2016-program-schedule
>>
>>341667571
They sold me with Minecraft with a story and NPC and quests.

I'm fine with games that are just about enjoying yourself and doing what you want to do but the complete lack of direction of Minecraft stops me from enjoying it. Yeah I know that's the point of Minecraft but to me it's what stops me from enjoying it.
>>
>>341660872
How about one that play's like Breath of Fire.
>>
>>341669403
Because Square wants revenge on Enix.
>>
>>341669735
>according to this website heroes 2 is on the list for e3
>However, fans certainly have the Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue to look forward to aside from several other games the studio is releasing including Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dragon Quest: Heroes 2, Final Fantasy XV, Rise of the Tomb Raider, SaGa: Scarlet Grace and World of Final Fantasy.
He's talking about shit coming out in japan, you fucking retard.
>though it doesn't appear on the square enix e3 schedule
I'm not surprised.
>>
>>341670086
Then play minecraft story mode :^)
>>
>>341670872
lol gud joke
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-30-00-58-30.png (285 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-30-00-58-30.png
285 KB, 720x1280
>>341670086
I literally have the same problem with Minecraft, even playing with friends wasn't that fun. I just couldn't see the point of the game but Builders have quests and it's kinda part of the mainline games so I have more faith in this one

>>341667581
It's not really a musou at all. I mean, gameplay is there but even this, is very different from others musous (like using skills and the Tree Skills is more like a DQ game)

Objectives are also different. Instead the typical "conquest forts and defeat boss" objective from almost every musou, here you defend allies or small trees and/or you need to kill all enemies in the area
It was a fun game to me but I can understand if people didn't liked it
>>
>tfw you don't fight Fallen Descendant in builders
What a missed fucking opportunity.
>>
>>341671990
https://youtu.be/fslh25FbVl4?t=13571

SE showing off Builders. Looks really fun and might be what gets me into Minecraft or at least a sequel if there is one.

Horii LOVES western games and always tries to do weird DQ spinoffs trying to get people into those type of games.
>>
>>341672809
>Horii LOVES western games and always tries to do weird DQ spinoffs trying to get people into those type of games.
Yeah, like, uh... um... minecraft.
Quit making shit up.
>>
>>341672809

>minecraft with polish and effort put into it

It's a shame that Minecraft made so much money. I guess the good that came from it is that eventually someone would come along and refine the formula.
>>
>>341661738
Isnt DQ Online kind of action?
>>
>>341672953
DQ was a blend of the two most popular PC games in the west Wizardry and Ultima.

Mystery Dungeon is his take on Roguelike

DQ Monsters came from Dragon Quest 5 which came from Wizardry 4.

Horii never been quiet on liking western games. He just takes that idea and put his Japanese twist on the idea.
>>
>>341661738
>i believe it would be a much better fit for the franchise
And this is how I know you've only only play 2 or 3 DQ games, if even that.
>>
>>341673437
And Itadaki Street/Fortune Street is based on Monopoly and some old western PC game that I can't remember its game

Only thing different are the mini-game feature and how the game actually teach you real shit
>>
dragon quest should remain turn based.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.