[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greatest game ever created.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
I can almost guarantee that you can't provide a game that is either on par, or better than this game. We should stop with the bullshit "game of the year" awards and just make it mandatory for all citizens of the world to own this game. And none of the remake shit for the crapbox 360.
Pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 630x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 630x368
"Stupid logo!"
>>
>>341654440
>>341654545
If only they could remake that scene with the Microsoft logo for the Rare Replay release. It just feels wrong to not have that intro in any form, you know?
>>
>>341654726
Never even attempted to play that garbage. I get like Rare were the teddies and they were just being forced to do some incredibly stupid shit.
>>
Hardly say greatest game ever since it literally has zero replay value
>>
>>341654440
fun game, but too linear to be called the crown.

banjo-kazooie on the other hand though....
>>
That's not [Any other N64 Rare game] though anon
>>
How can this be the best when it's not

SUPA MARIO BROS 2 BABYYYYY
>>
File: image.jpg (513 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
513 KB, 1200x900
>>341654440
>you will never split screen this with 3 of your friends again at the sleep overs
>you will never stay up till 4am playing this with your best friends
>every sleep over their dad will never give you candy for inspecting all your penises and making sure you're "healthy boys"
Good times man
>>
>>341655690
Would you kindly run that by me again? I only understood the first sentence. The rest was pretty much gibberish.
>>
>>341654440
Game sucks

DK 64 was better

I know this, because I played them both

Even Gex was better

Conkers sucks
>>
>>341655859

>replay value

I fucking hate this term so much. It's like saying a movie has no "rewatching value".

Just fucking play the game again, that's it. If it's a good game, you'll fell like doing it, if it isn't you won't. That's it.

I've played through conker multiple times. I've played it way more than games with "tons of replay value". It means nothing.
>>
>>341654440
It's a great game but has a bunch of problems. A lot of the parts control clunky and awkward now. For example getting the keys in the vampire level is an excercise in frustration
>>
>>341656129
Go away Dunkey......lour vids btw. Nevermind, stay.
>>
>>341654440
Conker's BFD sucked. I would rather play fucking DK64 than this mess. As a kid, it was fun having your aunt buy this game, neither of you knowing what it was, and then having to stealth play it so your parents wouldn't take it away, but as an adult there is nothing entertaining about it. The level of delusion and nostalgia required to not only think it's a good game, but to think it's the greatest game of all time is unfathomable.
>>
>>341654440
Although the change of tone in a Nintendo game was jarring and amusing, the game itself controlled like shit and playing it felt like a chore.
Their are a lot of better games out there, Bloodborne is one of them, the thing about my opinion though is its not fuelled by nostalgia.
>>
Conker was great, but not the best game ever created. Not even the best game on the system. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, on the other hand...
>>
File: Jak and Daxter.jpg (214 KB, 640x904) Image search: [Google]
Jak and Daxter.jpg
214 KB, 640x904
>>341654440
>I can almost guarantee that you can't provide a game that is either on par, or better than this game.
I'll take that bet.
>>
>>341657693
SNES had the best titles of every genre.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>341658154
I agree with you anon, Mystical Ninja is the best game on the N64, but the SNES is the greatest system of all time.
>>
conker has some of my favorite multiplayer on the N64

heist mode is the shit but all the modes were fun
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 238x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 238x281
>>341656658
Don't be stupid now, anon. We wouldn't want to hurt you, now.
>>
OP are you actually me? Holy shit that's crazy. Anyway yeah CBFD is GOAT and anyone who disagrees is incorrect. This needs to be the banner text on /v/.
>>
So is Microsoft taking care of the conker franchise well? Fill me in on this. Kind of scared after the Tomb Raider debacle.
>>
>>341658737
OP here, and no. Microsoft fucked it into the ground. I feel like I've been pissed on. Fortunately I haven't played the shitbox version yet.
>>
>>341655986
BK was more linear than CBFD. BT is another story.
>>
File: HELP.png (607 KB, 600x862) Image search: [Google]
HELP.png
607 KB, 600x862
>>341658737
O SHIT, why aren't they feeding you!
>>
Conker has a lot of neat ideas, but they're not implemented well.
The platforming, what little there is, is subpar.
Every vehicle or mount controls like ass in the 64 version.
The shooting sections had bizarre controls.
And finally, a lot of the game can be summarized as "do thing, do thing 2x more, do thing 3x more, get cutscene".

Also, there's no reason to play a multiplayer mode that isn't Heist or Raptor.
>>
>>341658147
Hahaha good thing I said "almost" or you would have bested me here.
>>
>>341658931
To be fair though, there aren't really poster card / mascot characters on consoles anymore. Those games use to be comfy as fuck.
>>
>>341659030
I found war a lot of fun especially if you wanted to slice your friends up with a chainsaw or something. I will say this though: the Ai were overpowered. They'd grab a magnum and one shot you like an MLG cock sucker. Still, good times.
>>
>>341659171
Yeah I agree. I did really like LBP for the Phony PS3. Sack boy was a pretty stellar mascot I suppose.
>>
>>341659086
You cur! I've been defeated by proper sentence structure yet again!
>>
>>341658332
Goemon was also in the SNES anon.
>>
>>341654440
It's a good game but don't pretend it's any better than what it really is.
>>
>>341659620
You're definitely on par with me though. That game made my little boy body feel ways that I though only my uncle could make me feel.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.