[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is the outsiders plan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
What exactly is the outsiders plan?
>>
>>341645138
You're trying to understand the machinations of a weird space spirit whale devil god thing, first mistake.
>>
Crashing this empire
>>
>>341645138
Nothing, he's doin it for shits and giggles
He gives humans who posess some degree of power over the masses magic and then sits back and watches them.
>>
>>341645138
Trying to be a poor man's Lucifer.
He gives people the tools to massacre hypothetical thousands of people on their own, thn has the audacity to shrug and drop a
>heh...was it me who killed them? ;^)
Anyone who thinks he's well written is an idiot.
>>
>>341645401
>weird space spirit whale devil god thing
Nope, confirmed to be a gud boi hu dindu nuffiin and was sacrificed by an ebil cult
>>
>>341645401
>>341645601
I don't really like the doing it for fun theory. Seems kind stupid tbqh. And you have to remember he used to be human
>>
>>341645138

>Dishonored gets released
>Lots of fanfare, people like the new IP
>Developers discuss about how they want to make a franchise telling stories about the world, and not just Corvo and Emily
>Says that their next game will have new characters and a new location, to explore more of this world they're making
>The sequel is literally the exact same plot to the first game, but now you play as Emily!

Dropped the ball fucking hard.
>>
He has to dress all edgy because the Trickster makes fun of him, and Viktoria told all the other lovecraft-tinged lucifers that he has a tiny dick.

Im still waiting for them to stop fucking around and go full Constantine's mansion. Brigsmore Witch Mansion needed to be 80% MORE weird.
>>
>>341646238
>Seems kind stupid tbqh
4chan of all places should know what it feels like to do shit just for fun without any other reasons.
>>
>>341645138
Does he look like a guy with a plan to you?
>>
He's literally an edgy teenager ascended into a god who just fucks around granting his power to see what they do as a social experiment.
>>
>>341645138
Nothing
>>
>>341645138
Personally, I think the key to the debate is Corvo.

First, one could say that the Outsider is just as omnipotent as he comes across as. While the Overseers definitely seem to be able to combat his magic, they're not really in a position to take him out of his realm. All empirical signs just point to him being bored, and to be honest, that's exactly what would happen to anyone with infinite power for a while.

As a more contrived guess, it could be thought that the Overseer draws power from bloodshed. That creating agents of chaos is not something done on a whim, but something needed for power. It could potentially be revealed that even the mysterious plagues in Dunwall and Karnaca are from him, and he gives people power in hopes of furthering the plague, such as Daud did by killing the Empress and a High Chaos Corvo did by distracting the Watch from the Flooded District.

But it all goes back to Corvo. He never gave him any direction on how to use his power, and his appearance at shrines never did more but to narrate on the situation. A Low Chaos Corvo could go through the entirety of the game with not even a weeper killed and only the blood of the Loyalists spilt on the ground. This would ruin any potential chaotic plans the Outsider has.

It could be argued that this goes against the Outsider's expectations. So far, anyone with powers has always in a situation where they would want to commit widespread murder. Maybe he just lets them keep a fraction of power to keep up the legend. Anyone can cite an in-game book to prove against it, and I'd be glad to hear it because I love worldbuilding, but what's empirical right now is that he's just wanting shits and giggles.
>>
>>341645138
I prefered when he had a black eye
>>
>>341647742
What you describe does not sound like an edgy teenager at all.
>>
>>341647742
Absolutely does and if you don't like it tough luck because it's canon.
>>
What, you think he has some sort of master plan?
He gives people he finds interesting powers, he sees how they deal with them and often watches chaos unfold.
>>
>>341645138
Same as Gman's plan
>>
>>341645138
He wants to bang Corvo and his daughter in a threesome, therefore becoming the cum insider
>>
>>341645138
I don't even understood who he is when i played dishonered. What's his role, who is he, why does he exist, how many have contacted him?
>>
File: 1465794065053.webm (969 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1465794065053.webm
969 KB, 720x404
Rock on, Gold Dust woman...
Take your silver spoon... and dig your grave.
>>
>>341649719
DID SHE MAKE YOU CRY?
MAKE YOU BREAK DOWN?
SHATTER YOUR ILLUSIONS OF LOOOOOOOVEEEEE
NOW TELL ME, IS IT OVER NOW?
DO YOU KNOW HOW
TO PICK UP THE PIECES AND GO HOME?
>>
>>341645138
There's no plan. He's a bored god that gifts mortals he finds interesting powers to see what they do.
>>
>>341649719
>>341649858
It's a good cover song and a cool trailer, but it's most certainly no Drunken Whaler.
>>
>>341645138
I don't agree with all the people saying it's for "shits and giggles". At least not in its game. I think theyll reveal his motive by the end.
>>
>>341650457
He gave his powers to Delilah knowing she wanted to take over the throne. He gave his powers to Old Granny because she was a crazy woman. He gave his powers to Daud, an assassin, for no reason other than wanting to see what he does.

There's no super secret contrived plan he has, it would be incredibly stupid if there was. He's just bored.
>>
>>341649974
This. In the high chaos, emily falls ending, he genuinely finds the situation interesting and I think that's all he wants. To be surprised.
>>
>>341646238
He was human 4000 years ago. That's a very long time for a man's mind to get warped and changed by his new powers
>>
File: nrabeefcake.jpg (229 KB, 2187x1640) Image search: [Google]
nrabeefcake.jpg
229 KB, 2187x1640
>>341645796
>He gives people the tools to massacre hypothetical thousands of people on their own, thn has the audacity to shrug

So you're saying we should have gun control?
>>
>>341647980
If the Outsider does gain power from bloodshed, he still seems to be interested by unconventional uses of his magic. He seems intrigued by a Low Chaos Corvo/Daud and actually condescending of a High Chaos Daud.
>>
When he was still human he became a sacrifice for the void and somehow he merged with the void and became the host of the void.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.