[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only change that I actually like is that traps are now Survival
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: wow_legion_1-e1439225957791.jpg (750 KB, 2048x1198) Image search: [Google]
wow_legion_1-e1439225957791.jpg
750 KB, 2048x1198
The only change that I actually like is that traps are now Survival only because now no one can flame me for missing traps in arena
>>
Now, did they actually follow through with making Survival melee?
>>
>>341620370
Yes. Class changes are currently on the PTR.
>>
I don't know much about what they did to other classes, but Legion's Unholy DK is the best the class has ever been.
>>
File: 1382136631570.png (78 KB, 322x400) Image search: [Google]
1382136631570.png
78 KB, 322x400
>>341619075
>Change every dps class so it's more fun and interactive
>Basically don't touch healers at all except to bring healing back to ineffectual early Cata levels of thoroughput
All of the healers in my guild want to reroll.
All of the healers in my guild want to reroll.
>>
>>341619075
im in the beta. so far legion looks to be about a 400% improvment over WoD. I know thats an extremely low bar but at least its improving.
>>
>>341621929
This is just the typical blizzard hype. It is good, for about a month. Then the things you were iffy about are all that are left in the game. This game is aids trash.
>>
>>341619075
>Thal'dranath is not going to be part of Legion. It was another ancient elven ruined island. There are already lots of places like that in The Broken Isles, patches will have different cooler content. They had a better idea.

REMOVED CONTENT
>>
>>341621691
Fury Warrior can be specced into being utterly beastly.

Enh Shammy has a metric fuck ton of buttons to press compared to other classes, especially if specced to.

Outlaw Rogue seems extremely hit or miss, almost entirely based around procs, but still has a decent rotation.

So far all I've really played, but Marks and Blood seem to be doing okay.
>>
>Thal'dranath is not going to be part of Legion. It was another ancient elven ruined island. There are already lots of places like that in The Broken Isles, patches will have different cooler content. They had a better idea.

Here we go again boys. The new animations are this expansions new character models. Art assets do not replace loss of content. The war is lost.
>>
>>341622146
The one thing that stood out is that they said they are going to release new areas, just not Thal'dranath.

What if we go to Argus instead?

Or underwater to fight Azshara?
>>
>>341621260

For christ sakes

Why would the survival hunter decided "Oh, I know what'll make me live longer, let's take a walk over to the big fuck off monster with this animal I have. I mean, aye, I don't have mastery over the beast like some of my kin but it'll be fiiine"

What makes more sense, a survivalist insistently walking out of cover near two pissed off creatures

Or a master of beasts charging with his companion, working in tandem with equally animalistic ferocity, the leader of his pack
>>
>>341622556
no anon you can change between specs for free BUT changing talents is a gold sink now.

>>341622602
argus is probably going to be another expansion
>>
>>341622556
Currently on PTR it's free in rest places. Spec swap like that is only when you're out and about.

>>341622282
>>341622146
Not as mad as I would've been, considering it looked to be Azsuna 1.5, but still looks sketchy.
>>
File: rarrr2t.jpg (19 KB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
rarrr2t.jpg
19 KB, 400x254
>>341622614
Melee with pet?
>>
>>341622749
with the way they wanted to make talents swappable depending on fight, the fact that it gets more expensive is going to suck ass
>>
>>341622602
Argus will supposedly be the last expansion they make, but at this rate we have another 1 or 2 Old-God expansions before the final Burning Legion one.
>>
>>341622602
I have no hopes. The problem is they're short sighted in their development. Warlords showed this by a metric ton. If they can stay true to 3 raid tiers, then I'll be impressed. But a lot of this update was them finally tucking their tail and admitting they've fucked up the legacy of this brand.

Great no yearly expansions. But they're still shaving off depth and options for a streamlined experience that's cluttered up with RNG gearing.
>>
>>341622614
It looks cool to me desu.
I love melee pet classes.
>>
>Having a gathering profession to support your crafting profession is how things should be.

fugg they are going to force people to change professions.
>>
>>341623059
It depends on the going rates on tomes. Last time I looked, the tomes you can use to swap talents didn't seem to require that many mats to make. So it could come down to being like purchasing pots or flasks for raiding. Still shitty, but as long as they're cheap to make it's w/e for me.

>>341623317
I'm cautiously optimistic. I just get the feeling that none of the devs wanted anything to do with rushing out expansions. Seems like something that was decided higher up ie Morheim. What's really hurt is not the loss of people like Pardo, but guys like Jeff Kaplan. I think Ion is level headed and fairly likable, but Jeff had a hand in a lot of the positives of the core WoW gameplay. It's great to see him enjoying a lot of success so far with Overwatch.
>>
>>341623772
>It depends on the going rates on tomes. Last time I looked, the tomes you can use to swap talents didn't seem to require that many mats to make. So it could come down to being like purchasing pots or flasks for raiding. Still shitty, but as long as they're cheap to make it's w/e for me.
Didn't they said it was going to be hard to craft? Aimed for hardcore raiders.
>>
>>341623647
Did they actually say that?
I just maxed out Engi and BS on my main awhile ago.
I'm going to be pissed if I have to drop one of them.
>>
>>341622046
Just like every expansion since WotLK.
>>
>>341623951
I copypasted that from the frontpage of mmo champion.
>>
>>341623772
Honestly it was probably Activision pushing that agenda. Turn WoW into a yearly series like CoD. But they ultimately got what they wanted with Destiny, and it scares to me hear Titan was going down the same design structure.
>>
>>341623550

Read the post, I at no point claimed to dislike the idea of melee pet classes, I've infact been wanting this for ages

What I do dislike is the Survivalist wandering into melee range in medium strength armour rather than the Beast Master
>>
File: 1452182389679.gif (1 MB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
1452182389679.gif
1 MB, 355x200
>>341623647
>All those people that got rid of mining or herbs because of the free shit from the Garrison have to switch back now

Feels good to have stuck with mining for 8 years.
>>
The steamy romance novel kit, can you give your friends your own fan fictions?
>>
>>341624669
>because of the free shit from the Garrison
the perks were the real reason why people had two crafting professions.
>>
>>341623919
I think the group ones are. I haven't looked at what the codex things require to craft.

Here's just the personal ones
http://legion.wowhead.com/item=141640/tome-of-the-clear-mind

The ink is still a WoD mat, but I'd imagine that'll get updated closer to release

>>341624167
Yeah I got that vibe too. I know it's still really early, but in the month or so I've spent with the Legion beta, it feels like they put a lot of time into the content. World quests, pvp, dungeons, both normal and mythic+ (Including Arcway and Court of Stars now being mythic only), class campaigns, raids and world bosses, exploration of the zones with the fucktons of chests and treasure. After a month with WoD I felt fatigued. With Legion so far, I can open my map, look at emissary quests and go do the world quests I feel like doing ie artifact power rewards and gear while popping into Suramar and advancing the storyline. Granted it's still way too early and all kind of issues can pop up, it definitely feels like they were like, "Fuck this yearly shit, why don't we take our time?"

I really hope they get their shit together with Legion. The raiding in WoD, content drought aside, was excellent but it felt so bare outside of mythic content. Like, you go and full clear Highmaul or BrF and then you just sit around since none of the rewards were worthwhile.
>>
>>341624482
Oh whoops, okay now I know what you meant.

Yeah I agree. I don't think Blizzard even knows what direction they want to go in with BM. I still think its stupid they got a gun over a bow when they're supposed to be the more naturalist themed spec than marksmanship is.
>>
>>341622223
>Outlaw Rogue seems extremely hit or miss, almost entirely based around procs, but still has a decent rotation.

I really don't like Outlaw when playing it.
>>
>>341621889
>All of the healers in my guild want to reroll.
Same here, myself included.

Not getting the ass end of the stick for an entire expansion.
>>
>>341624878
>The ink is still a WoD mat, but I'd imagine that'll get updated closer to release
Yeah this one is probably for the prepatch/legion leveling and the new one will be for 110 only.

>>341624972
>I really don't like Outlaw when playing it.
No one does.
>>
>>341621889
Only reason I'd consider changing is because they made the Paladin mastery completely retarded. "Hey, you do extra healing the closer you are! But you also only have one instant cast heal, enjoy running all over the place and stopping to cast faggot"
>>
File: 1466026019396.jpg (516 KB, 895x895) Image search: [Google]
1466026019396.jpg
516 KB, 895x895
>Guild maintank said he won't come back to wow because he is going to try and go pro in overwatch

knobhead. The game doesn't even have a non asian scene yet.
>>
>>341625372
>The game doesn't even have a non asian scene yet.
that's a good thing
>>
>>341625207
It's a weird choice. I mean I think I understand what they were trying to do, but it doesn't work at all in terms of gameplay.

I think they saw holy paladins as these armor clad battle healers who fought on the frontlines alongside their allies. Crushing people's faces with fuckhuge hammers while turning around and reading prayers from their libram to heal or strengthen their allies. In actual practice it just feels awful.
>>
This is my action bars on legion ptr right now. Fucking pathetic
>>
My friends have been trying to convince me to play Legion so much. Downloaded the PTR cause I was gonna be an Outlaw Rogue, but nah this spec is shit.

What's a fun PvE and/or PvP class in Legion?
>>
>>341625629
unholy dk
melee hunter
assassination rogue
>>
>>341625624
You're missing spells.
>>
>>341625745
Ass Rogue but why? I didn't inspect the talents so much, but they've barely changed over the years up until now.
>>
>>341625568
Yea, I can get how they want Paladins to be more in the thick of it but with the having to be near people to get extra healing, you spend more time running around to heal rather than actually healing. I feel like you're just going to have to position yourself to be within like 20yds of the target, anything beyond that is just wasting time unless they run to you.
>>
>>341624878
Right which is the supreme issue wow has had for several years now. Incentive and investment. Artifacts are giving both of those for me. As I've out grown the I'll improvement loop back in early Wrath. However the weekly artifact power cap pisses me off. And the direction of having professions completely independent of player power.
>>
>>341625831
Yeah like ritual of summoning. But in terms of actual in combat spells with full talents, that's it.
>>
>>341625848
>subt is 2 buttons
>combat is nothing but roll the dices rng

ass rogues have a lot of buffs and shit to manage
>>
>>341625624

Maybe it's because I'm a paladin and our deal has always been facerolling on 3-4, buttons, but why does everyone get so assdevastated about this? It makes cheesing other people so much easier when I don't have to press a million different things.

That being said, it doesn't take into account the like 12 abilities you never press except in an "oh shit" situation like Lay on Hands.
>>
>>341625629
Shaman.
>>
Do they plan on adding any actual PvP content or is it just going to be Ashran 2.0?
>>
>>341625880
So that means that hpals in raids will be standing next to tanks and you sure as fuck won't be stacking mastery for pvp
>>
>>341626073

They seem to be more focused on the tier system.
>>
>>341625629
I don't know how you feel about them, but death knight and warrior have been tons of fun on the beta. Frost plays a lot like it did in Wrath, while unholy feels more free flowing with the removal of rune types. Whirlwind>Rampage combo as fury feels so satisfying in terms of visuals and damage.

>>341625880
Yeah it just seems like so many of the fights in Nighthold alone are going to be really hectic which is going to be lots of "fun" for holy.

>>341625946
I'm not sure how I feel about the cap yet. I've only just reached knowledge level 2 on my artifact which is 40% more AP from items (level 1 was 10%). I want to say it should speed up every couple of days when research work orders complete. As of the new build, it feels easier to get a few traits into an untouched artifact since the costs only ramp up into the thousands after around 10 traits.
>>
I've tried ret, surv, marks, and demo so far, surv and demo were actually pretty fun, ret and marks were terrible.
>>
File: Demonology hotbar.png (212 KB, 1207x90) Image search: [Google]
Demonology hotbar.png
212 KB, 1207x90
>>341625957
Mine looks like this. I might have missed duplicates though.
>>
>>341626064
>3-4, buttons
Bullshit. This is the current rotation for Ret which is my main

>Divine Storm if Divine Storm is buffed by Final Verdict and you have an Empowered Divine Storm buff.
>Cast Final Verdict (when you have 5 Holy Power).
>Execution Sentence
>Hammer of Wrath on cooldown. It is only available when the target is below 35% health or when Avenging Wrath is active.
>Crusader Strike on cooldown (it generates Holy Power).
>Judgment on cooldown (it generates Holy Power).
>Exorcism on cooldown (it generates Holy Power).
>Final Verdict (when you have 3 Holy Power).
>>
>>341626618
Demonbolt is in there twice, I didn't realize it replaced shadow bolt.
>>
>>341626618
What is your #2? Just looks like a red demonic empowerment.

In terms of actual combat abilities (not summon stone, pet summon etc) you have pretty much 5 which is very boring.
>>
>>341626864
Implosion. It's a talent that takes the imps that are summoned with hand of Gul'dan and sends them to the target to explode.
>>
>>341619075
god dammit OP you made me crack up hard
>>
>>341626864
7 actually. Two are buffs.
>>
>>341626938
Is that the best talent on that tier or is there something better? I skipped over it because it didn't seem worth it
>>
>>341626320
Yea I'm digging Frost in the PTR. Feels good. Though Unholy interests me a great deal with all the pets and infested Terran style horrors that auto proc.

No word on getting all the artifacts on one character yet huh?
>>
>>341621691
gotta agree with you. UH dk looks fantastic. new pets look so fun. Going to be a firemage myself but that was my 2nd choice.
>>
>>341627181
No clue, I just picked it because it sounded cool.
>>
>>341626709
>Holy Power is still an "mechanic"

Well, maybe I'll play the next expansion after legion when they finally remove it.
>>
>>341627309

I don't see the problem. It makes my moves stronger.
>>
>>341627387
because it makes paladins feel like rogues or druids using "finishers". Fuck off with that, give me LK style ret.
>>
>>341627309
I like Holy Power as a Holy Paladin, it gives some neat mechanics to juggle around.
>>
>>341627885

Yeah god forbid we actually have to pay attention when dpsing now.
>>
>>341627202
You get all 3 as you level in Legion. If I remember it right, the quest for a second unlocks at 102, and the third at 108. For DKs it's just an NPC who walks around the dummies and runeforge who will have a quest marker over his head.

>>341627260
It really is. Putting up 8 stacks of Festering Wounds and popping Apocalypse just feels so good. Should be even better with the traits that let your ghouls apply debuffs and the one that has them explode when they die. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about just having 1 rune type, but the flexibility it provides is so nice. I don't have to worry about using FeS on BF runes just to get death runes in time for burst AoE. I can just line up runes, drop DnD and use SS and Epidemic. And having burst in general now is a nice change of pace compared to the ramp up time we've had in the past, especially compared to how you had to use Icy Touch just to convert frost to death runes in Wrath and Cata.
>>
The new animations are fucking fantastic.
>>
>>341628046
As melee, there so much mechanically to pay attention to. I'm sure legion will only ramp it up worse.
>>
>>341628084
im a big pvper and im a little worried all cool traits and artifact stuff and talents wont work or will be disabled in pvp. Kinda lame.
>>
>>341628084
Coolio. I couldn't live with the idea of having to give up a tank/healer option all expansion just to toy around with another DPS spec. Good on them.
>>
File: 490563.jpg (102 KB, 1200x500) Image search: [Google]
490563.jpg
102 KB, 1200x500
>>341627260
Only thing I'm a bit pissed about is them just copy-pasting Acherus as Order Hall with a handful of new textures and some added clutter, while other Order Halls like Druid, Warrior and Paladin look absolutely beautiful.

Same with them giving visual upgrades to warlock pets but we're stuck with vanilla era ghouls and abominations.

At least our artifacts are the best looking of all classes. And we get fucking Inquisitor Whitemane as a follower.
>>
>>341626073
There's a few new arenas and the Tier system. No new BGs though.
>>
>>341628270
I think for now they have everything enabled in pvp. I don't know how they'll handle balance or artifacts if one spec gets out of hand.

>>341628187
It doesn't feel like anything super extreme so far. There's still fights where there's tons of void zones and mechanics you have to move around like Gazer in Vault of the Wardens or the sea giant dude in Eye of Aszhara.

>>341628432
I was really, really hoping we would either get Naxxramas or the super necropolis that the scourge were building in Wrath, "Malykriss, the Vile Hold."
>>
File: 1465424757202s.jpg (4 KB, 123x125) Image search: [Google]
1465424757202s.jpg
4 KB, 123x125
who the fuck took away elemental shammy lightning bolt while running, the only thing that made the class viable in pvp
>>
File: 1387480443296642937.jpg (14 KB, 220x264) Image search: [Google]
1387480443296642937.jpg
14 KB, 220x264
>There are anons in this thread that preordered Legion and plan to play it when it is released
You are actively contributing to the death of Warcraft. Give yourselves a round of applause
>>
File: well okay then.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
well okay then.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>341628682
Ok, I guess.
>>
>>341628682
fucking grow up and stop caring about it.
>>
File: Npc_humanmale_racter.png (146 KB, 212x278) Image search: [Google]
Npc_humanmale_racter.png
146 KB, 212x278
>Transmog system Remembered my Soul Harvester Scythe

Yessss I might go affliction this time lads
>>
>>341628682

Unless you went back to D2 for the recent ladder reset, then quite frankly you don't care about the old games as much as you say you do.

fuck, how did they get gear that fast
>>
>>341628653
Keeping Acherus would've been fine desu, but they were really lazy with sprucing it up. A few new wall textures, some carpets, a book pile here and there. It still just feels really empty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU4NMb689zo
>>
File: 1400775383041.jpg (111 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1400775383041.jpg
111 KB, 500x667
>>341628682
I did, I will and you can't stop me =)
>>
>>341629002
there are several items with the same model.
>>
File: JEFF TIME.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JEFF TIME.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>341628682
I will! The Alpha and beta were really fun :3c
>>
>>341628682
Killing Warcraft is fun I guess. I contributed to the death of Star Wars too by seeing that new movie.
>>
>>341621260
>This kills the spec

Nobody plays huntard to melee and fuck up traps. They play it to faceroll from a safe distance.

If blizzard keeps listening to trolls the game will have no playable races left.
>>
>>341629186

I didn't just see it, I ENJOYED it.
>>
>>341629036
Compare to what druids got while they could've just as easily gotten Moonglade again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHuPYtR3_Z4
>>
>>341629406
newfags don't know about vanilla surv.
>>
How are you guys finding Legion? I really didn't like Wod/Mop/Cata but I always try the new xpacs.
>>
>>341629036
The only thing I've really enjoyed is the view of the Tomb of Sargeras. I do agree though that it feels really lazy. Using one of the other necropolises used by the Scourge could have also fit into the whole cooperating with Bolvar/LK plot. He regards you as his new champion, it would be fitting for him accommodate his new champion with a beefed up necropolis to take the war to the Legion. Like a gift that pressures you into accepting his help while also giving more of an uneasy feeling of whether Bolvar can truly be trusted.
>>
>>341629002
>All those items I have on a character from BC that aren't in the game anymore that will get transferred to everyone.

I can't wait to beat the shit out of people on my Survival Hunter with a Corn-staff.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_061616_212159.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_061616_212159.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
>>341622223
The fact fury can spec Whirlwind viable is great. Why yes I do want to be a blender of death.
>>
>>341629514

Wouldn't know, not out yet.

I always have fun at the time it comes out. It just needs something to keep me interested after the first couple months.
>>
>>341629514
It looks promising, as with any WoW expansion. I thought WoD was the greatest expansion ever but now it is equivalent to dog shit along with cataclysm.

I always try them out and enjoy it, however how much enjoyment I get is how I judge them.

>tbc: first entry, 5~ months
>wrath: 4 months
>cata: 2 months
>MoP: on and off 5 months
>WoD: 2 months
>>
>>341628682
release day for warlords was horrible.

but the fun is pretty much playin the same game at the same time as release.

but then months later you ask yourself why you're playin this boring repetitive shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNbtXcTrMGY
>>
>wrath 8 months
>cata 1 month
>mop 1 month
>wod 1 week

I really want to play demon hunter though, so it'll be one month before Finaly Fantasy and Battlefield come out
>>
>>341629695
I love everything they've done in terms of visuals and sounds for warriors. Whirlwind sounds so good and Bloodthirst and Execute have that meaty sound to them like you're really carving into someone with two huge ass viking greatswords. Even the roars/yells you make when you use shouts and charges sound awesome. Especially female human and NE.
>>
So what is even the marksman rotation/priority now, every shot seems to proc something now
>>
>>341622223
Any changes to DKs?
>>
>>341629734
>>341629906

How long I've lasted on each

>TBC: 1 year
>Wrath: the whole thing
>Cata: 1 year
>MoP: 5 months, came back for the last 4
>WoD: 7 months, came back for the last 6
>>
>rerolling
if you dont have all classes at level 100 already i dont know what you have been doing th is whole time

i might roll a warlock
>>
>>341630567

Well there's more than 1 a class if you play on multiple servers
>>
>>341630567
I have everything but shaman and mage their at 70 and 90 I'll probably use the forced boost on the mage since shamans have always bored me
>>
Demon Warlock is pretty fun, I'm going to miss the improved demon versions though. Void Lord > Voidwalker
>>
>>341630293
Frost is much the same. Unholy has received a full overhaul and is pretty great.
Blood has been simplified like all tank specs, eprhaps oversimplified, but it's a lot of fun imo. Cool animations.
>>
>>341630567
Artifact power grind is going to make alts a bitch and a half

>>341630771
Those are going to be glyph options
>>
played through the important WoD content in one month. I'm gonna assume they're expecting class halls to also tide people over for 2 years? Gonna pass and wait for them to hand me legion for free too.
>>
>>341630336
I also have time on private servers, about 2 months each expansion because instant max levels for pvp. I never leveled alts when I found out about private servers in TBC
>>
So is the battle for broken shore broken on the ptr? I can queue for it but never get teleported to any instance
>>
>>341630698
haven't touched ptr but i had a lot of fun with my frost mage.

shame they fucked with gladiator spec, only reason i played the expansion. becoming a tank bitch is no fun and i hate having to always show up for shit raids

>>341630863
yeah the artifacts are gonna make pickin a character a lot harder.
>>
>>341630836
Thanks, m8. I'll read more about unholy then
>>
>>341630293
I'll try to give a tl;dr

>Rune types gone
>AoE grip is Blood only now

>Unholy
>No more necrotic plague or BoS
>Virulent plague is your DoT
>Use FeS to apply Festering Wounds
>Pop Festering Wounds with Scourge Strike
>Epidemic and DnD with SS spam is our main AoE
>Dark Arbiter replaces BoS in a way. Pooling RP gameplay still there. Does more damage for every point of RP you spend. Replaces Gargoyle

>Frost
>KM not as random. Procs off white swing critical hits
>No more HB spam. Oblit is the main rune spender
>Use HB when Rime procs. Gives a 300% bonus to HB. Hits like a wet noodle outside of Rime
>KM only applies to Oblit and Frostscythe (AoE talent)
>Remorseless Winter is now one of our main AoE spells along with Rime>HB

>Blood
>Heart Strike replaces Blood Boil as a rune spender alongside Marrowrend
>Death Strike costs RP now, not BF/Death runes
>Bone shield applied via Marrowrend
>Rune regen is all passive. No more rune regen talents for any specs
>Blood Boil now has 2 charges and a short CD.
>No more IBF. Just Vampiric Blood and Consumption, along with some talents for more control
>>
>>341630836
how is unholy now? i remember trying it in mists and found my bar cluttered with spells and macros
>>
>>341621260
>class changes are on the ptr
Do you mean to say that the public ptr has the Legion pre-patch already?
>>
>Still after all these years WoW has the best fuckin OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l5ygxHVteA
>>
>>341631556
Yep. 7.0 pre-patch is up on the PTR.
>>
so I haven't played since Cata (on and off for MOP)

is raiding still boring

Are druids still the most boring class?

Are all classes still "gutted" in terms of abilities

Are brewmasters still keep shuffle on 6 sec upkeep and win

Is the talent and glyph system still garbage? (particularly the talent system)
>>
>>341631607

I don't care how many times you post this, it still doesn't sound like anything notable. It sounds like generic movie trailer background music, especially with the vocals.
>>
>>341631607
>That Stormheim music at the 1:32 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYRxD6XXy6I
>>
>>341631016
>ptr but i had a lot of fun with my frost mage.
That's good to hear I know fire and arcane are more popular but I've always preferred the theme/idea of frost
>>
>>341632010
All 3 feel so good to play right now. A few players I know who play arcane right now loathe the current playstyle where you just feel like a slot machine.
>>
>>341631305
Unholy now has three main components: your Virulent Plague dot disease, a combo-point like resource called Festering Wounds, and your ghoul and other minions.

Outbreak spreads your disease to the target and surrounding enemies, providing your basic aoe capability. Festering Strike builds up wounds on the target, which you burst with Scourge Strike. Death and Decay has an added efefct that while you stand in it, your Scourge Strike becomes an AoE, popping wounds on all surrounding enemies.
Death Strike and Death Coil are your runic power dumps.
Depending on talents you can get an extra ranged skeletal minion, change your main ghoul to an abomination with extra death grip, how your ghoul's claw build up wounds on the target, or change your gargoyle to a val'kyr that becomes insanely powerful the more runic power you dump during its duration.
Then there's the artifact's main ability which instantly procs all wounds on the target and summons a ghoul for each wound.

Also a talent making scourge strike 30 yard range, almost a full necromancer.
>>
File: 1450319084906.png (19 KB, 289x195) Image search: [Google]
1450319084906.png
19 KB, 289x195
>broken shore disabled
>demon invasions disabled
whats even the point of this ptr then? there not going to get any decent balance feedback the forums are already filled with mass whining
>>
>>341632849
New UI, class changes, new Journal.
>>
How are enhance shamans? Still shit damage when not popping cds?

I miss wf/wf
>>
>>341632849
Actually the demon invasion is going on the ptr right now.
>>
>>341633167
>Currently the PTR does not have Demon Invasions active, and Broken Shore and the follow-up quests are disabled as well; this is intended. This content may be enabled at a later time as testing progresses.

you can get the quest but nothing is actually happening
>>
>>341632721
I haven't wanted to play DK since Wrath but this almost makes me want to go back.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_061616_215941.jpg (601 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_061616_215941.jpg
601 KB, 1920x1080
>>341633301
And it was added in today. It's happening right now
>>
>>341633417
I played Blood dps in early wrath and legion's unholy is the msot fun I've had since then.
>>
File: 1449451656220.png (257 KB, 962x962) Image search: [Google]
1449451656220.png
257 KB, 962x962
So am I missing something or is BM hunter actually now just

BW->Kill->crows->dire/barrage->cobra until the others rest?
>>
Haven't paid any attention whatsoever to Legion or wow in the last year.
Any big interesting changes to Mistweaver or Brewmaster monks?
>>
>>341634043
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19964703/
>>
Nothing like World Server down
>>
File: 1465768221766.jpg (57 KB, 734x721) Image search: [Google]
1465768221766.jpg
57 KB, 734x721
>>341633514

>it's all instanced so that it doesn't actually cause a disruption
>>
i nhave to be subbed to do ptr dont i?
>>
>>341635786
You don't. You also don't need an active sub to use character copy.
>>
Pretty sure I'm gonna resub for Legion, but can't decide what to play between druid and pally. Anyone anons got advice?
>>
>>341635750
They're afraid of lowbies crying like in the wrath pre event
>>
What's fotm on ptr?
>>
>>341635854
oh how do you get in? never done ptr ever
>>
>>341634438
Thanks!
>>
>>341636097
People are crying about warriors and hunters in pvp, hunters are also the most boring right now, they've been reduced down to a 4-5 buttons rotation

>>341636150
go to your bnet client above the giant play button for region change it to ptr
>>
>>341636150
>>
>>341636381
>>341636385
good shit my dudes

feel like playin but couldn't be assed to sub again until release
>>
>>341636381
>hunters are also the most boring right now, they've been reduced down to a 4-5 buttons rotation

Does this include Survival? I couldn't give less of a shit about Marks anymore.
>>
>>341636743
Haven't gotten around to it yet but mm is now button mashing and, bm is 3 long cooldown abilities 1 proc and then spamming cobra
>>
now that theres the demon hunter i think we can say that theres no way we are getting new classes now , i looked back at war3 heros and 80% have their skill in already other classes or are just limited to one race.
>>
>>341635854
>Note: World of Warcraft PTR realms are only available to players who have a World of Warcraft account with active game time.

wait what my dude
>>
>>341637103
Not true. I don't have active game time.
>>
>>341637151
Might be you need active in order to download it.
>>
>>341622146

I knew before coming here I would see this type of retard right on /v/.

Not even surprised at the rampant shitposting anymore, just sad.
>>
>>341637248
No. Still worked for me.
>>
>>341637418
>>341637294
>>341637248
was gonna say ill just use my gold for game time but you have to have active game time to even do that

fuck sake ill see if it works anyway
>>
File: happygem.jpg (89 KB, 634x759) Image search: [Google]
happygem.jpg
89 KB, 634x759
I was a Lock main during WoD, thinking about going DK unholy/frost or fury for Legion. How are they looking?
>>
>>341637547
You don't need an active sub to pay with gold either. If you log in with an inactive sub it gives you the option to purchase a token from the login screen.
>>
File: 121512.gif (791 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
121512.gif
791 KB, 500x277
>go on PTR
>play Hunter
>1 shot people with Barrage
>>
>>341637659
DK unholy is glorious, frost is same old same old, don't know about fury.
>>
File: 1465784832910.jpg (4 KB, 126x121) Image search: [Google]
1465784832910.jpg
4 KB, 126x121
>you can be a swashbuckling rogue now

I didn't know I wanted this
>>
>>341637659
play the new demo lock my man
>>
>>341633915
People have been complaining about BM and Ret for a while now but Blizz is pretty firm that it's what they were going for

Does the PTR have artifacts? They all add an ability
>>
>>341638231
Roll the bones is stupid.
>>
File: fine.webm (3 MB, 836x578) Image search: [Google]
fine.webm
3 MB, 836x578
so how can I actually make enough money for token? they cost 90k atm

do I need 10 alts and barracks for each one of them? I hate barracks and I hate alt swapping

havnt played on 5 years so no idea how to make money
>>
>>341638487
> they cost 90k atm

Euro or US? It was 32k when I quit back in January on US servers.
>>
>>341638576
Probably EU. US was hovering around 45k I think?
>>
>>341638576
They're higher now thanks to people dropping off and everyone getting wise to hire easy it is to generate gold.
>>
>>341636057
I hate this shit so much. Think of how amazing an actual invasion that didn't give a fuck would be. Or maybe paladins lorewise wanted to kill off all the DKs and there was a week where dks and paladins were openly hostile to one another, even in cities. We need more gates of ahn'qiraj types of events.

Woe forbid that an actual interesting memory might get in the way of your weekly chores.
>>
>>341636916
MM cannot be any worse than WoD but i heard they pulled it off. I just don't know how. It literally is watching your focus meter go up.
>>
>No more pre-pull fuckery with Death's Embrace Glyph
>No more feeling like shit using a 700 ilv mythic trinket just for ring+BoS
New unholy feels so much better holy shit.
>>
>>341638487
You farm rare shit to sell to transmoggers but if you have to ask then you probably aren't going to be able to do it in under a month

>>341638576
>>341638776
US was at 43k when I check this morning
>>
>>341639449
>43k

Well shit, hopefully by the time I come back the price will go down again so I don't actually have to pay.
>>
>>341638781
I can't possible explain why they were always high on eu.
Russians have their own servers with secluded economy, but in Eu.. the most playerbase is German and French and they aren't poorfags.
>>
>>341638271
guy from my guild changing to lock, i wanted a change anyways
>>
>>341638814
Must pander to the LCD. Have to. Their quest for everyone's money demands they do thus.

Listening to Mark Kern's statements about the dev process of vanilla is heart breaking. Now they just push everything they can to maximize profit. There isn't a clear design focus or integrity. They made an MMO they wanted to play. Now they've iterated it into a game people barely play.
>>
Has the nethershard vendor actually been added on the ptr yet?
>>
>>341639635
Actually I saw a video on YouTube that shows in a real money conversion, EU tokens are cheaper than NA. But it might be out of date now.
>>
I'm cautiously optimistic. I hate pruning in general but whatever.
What I'm more concerned about is how much of a shitshow pvp is in beta. Wpvp is gimmicks gimmicks gimmicks, which is a lot of fun at first or even once in awhile but gets old imo. Then again, wpvp is dead and holinka doesnt even pvp.
But arena is atrocious at the moment. Melee dominates (my main is melee so i'm not a wizard qq'ing) and some class/specs are just completely boned. This isn't factoring in numbers, of course, tho they need to do more than number tweaks to rein in bloods or protpaladins. So far a lot of constructive feedback has been outright ignored or bad decisions doubled-down on, so we'll see. This happened in WoD beta as well and problems lasted the entire xpac.

WoD had the highest amount of pvpers leave the game by far. High rated arena levels were at tbc levels, population wise. Not to mention other issues like rampant botting, especially in rbgs. So you'd think they'd pay more attention to feedback but maybe they're embracing the "pvp as an afterthought/minigame" meme once and for all now that the serious pvp population is so low.
>>
>>341639575
If it's anything like the EU tokens the prices curves up and down by a couple thousand.
>>
>>341639575
what server are you on? I'm barely playing but have more gold than i know what to do with. Just been mount farming and making more gold in the meantime in between bouts of hating myself.
>>
>>341637294
yeah, because blizzard would never cut content they advertised before, especially not islands!
>>
>>341639997
help an old fag out, I'm downloading PTR right now
top3 melee class/spec, go
>>
>>341628682
WoW is already dead, let it go.
>>
>>341640427
Fury, Ret, Unholy
>>
>>341640427
Fury Warrior seems to decimate in PVP if you spec right. Blood DK is apparently silly levels of self-healing. Outlaw rouge is currently considered garbage for group stuff.
>>
>>341639997
are people still bitchin about the human racial
>>
>>341640697
>>341640761
thank you
>>
>>341640415
Prices are universal for each region

>>341640761
How they play in PVP right now is irrelevant since classes aren't tuned for 110
>>
>>341640783
it actually wasn't the racial necessarily the caused the mass exodus (tho it contributed). The dorf racial before being nerfed was really the tipping point, and then once all the "serious" players switched it was a cascade.
Yeah, people still complain but it's more just bitching about the faction imbalance in general. The human racial is being changed to a simple stun break, i think. Still powerful but not the same.
>>341640697
ret has insane burst but is even more kiteable than WoD. Depending on teammates this may not be a big issue but for 1v1 there are certain fights you'll be completely fucked just by them existing.
>>
>>341640415
I used to play on Darkspear but I just bought a token prior to quitting a few months back so I could start up again if I wanted. They're the same everywhere in the region though.
>>
>>341639997
Compared to everything else, PvP seems so unfinished and untouched in all aspects. I've never partaken in the whole PvP vs PvE shitposting so I feel for anyone who does strictly PvP content because that's gotta be some serious bullshit. With all the work people like Watcher seem to be putting into the PvE aspect of it (so far, at least), Holinka hasn't done shit other than post that he's going to do a Q and A where absolutely nothing will be answered as usual.
>>
>>341640834
I'm going to have to call bullshit on his ret claim, and replace it with survival.
>>
>>341641284
i joined a pvp guild and we always had fun. but there is a lot of bullshit in pvp and eventually we all cap on conquest and decided to do raiding

that ruined the fun for me honestly. caused too much drama for what it was. being the main tank was stressful because i was expected to show up and we had that one fag co-leader who would try to make you feel bad for not showing up
>>
>>341621691
>>341622223
ALL CLASSES ARE EBASTS NOW. LITERALLY EVERY SPEC SEEMS BETTER THAN B4
>>
>>341641649
I woyldn't really say that...
>>
>>341631607
>WoW Music
>Good
Zone music can be passable sometimes but that's the best you can hope for. Something I never noticed WoW DESPERATELY needed coming back to it from FFXIV is unique battle music. Compared to WoWs droning background noise, this shit is makes bossfights feel fucking incredible.
https://youtu.be/FKvlNwpy4EA
>Music generally lines up with short skippable cutscene intro
>Using motifs from previous zones to remind you of the story that brought you to this point
>Music changes on phase change so you know something new is happening besides +1 DBM bar
Imagine if they played some variant of Invincible as you're fighting the Lich King.
>>
>>341631607
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZy9ziutmaA
i dont even play night elves but from 1:20 its just such a great ost
>>
File: ha3TAvl.png (379 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
ha3TAvl.png
379 KB, 600x338
>>341642336

Listen to this and tell me what you guys think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1sCCRrYfao
>>
File: 1450097455587.png (62 KB, 382x395) Image search: [Google]
1450097455587.png
62 KB, 382x395
>every time I get disconnected from the ptr my keybinds reset
>>
>>341619075
Worth getting back to the WoW when I found WoD utterly shit and vowed to drop it forever?
>>
>>341642824
Try the PTR and see if you like the pre patch changes enough to warrant any interest.

I'm personally on the fence. But a lot my friends are coming back so might as well join the fun.
>>
>>341625207
>Your auto attacks are no longer broken by Casting
>Your Melee attacks and spells decrease the cast time of your next healing spell by 20%
>This stacks up to 5 times

There, I made Holy Paladins awesome melee healers.
>>
>>341637923
how dod you download the ptr, it says its in the bnet app but its not?
>>
>>341642824

Don't come back now. Wait until Legion prepatch or you will get burned out again.

I am in the beta. Legion is far superior to WoD.
>>
>>341643054
nvm i got it, didnt know you gotta make a ptr account now
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_061616_232025.jpg (699 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_061616_232025.jpg
699 KB, 1920x1080
Invasions are fun. Too
>>
>>341642824
Depends on you do some research and see if any of the changes in legion appeal to you currently it looks like their making an actual effort to fix what they fucked up in wod

>garrisons removed, replaced with class halls which play a lesser role and get you out into the world
>professions now have quest lines when leveling them up
>there's post launch dungeons planned
>some classes/specs have been worked over for the better some for the worse
>>
>>341642336
Like a fucking clockwork, there are only 3 good songs in the whole FFXIV universe and Thordan is one of them. The rest sound the same.
And pleasa, nigger, we hear THE SAME FUCKING SONGS AND BATTLE THEMES 95% OF THE FUCKING TIME, seriously, thordan and his pre-dungeon was a nice break from the boring as fuck world of XIV.
I was at one of the top teams in the world by 3.2 and I quit because I could not stand the extremely boring and monotonous music from XIV. It sickens me out there were retard jizzing all over the place by Sephiroth's transition music AKA "baby's first semi-acceptable transition song+fight".
Admit it, the music selection in the game is fucking garbage, the good parts always begin when the boss is about to die, and that fucking sucks.
>>
>>341642792
Fuck that.

Listen to this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahix7xMQSSw

Varian ;_;7
>>
Are warlocks good?
>>
>>341642798
Clicker master race.

>Be le me in MoP
>Mythic raiding
>Raid leader and cause of the least amount of fuckups of any of my raidteam
>All while clicking every single ability apart from taunt when I was tanking and interrupt (both bound to mouse)

Strafing and mouseover macros for healing are far more important than binds. I got so ingrained into clicking that when I bound everything, my performance took a massive hit.
>>
>>341643242
tell us more
>>
>>341643663
This Expansion has amazing music for Alliance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvWH1KKOsoY
>>
>>341643795
>be le me

Kill yourself slowly
>>
How do I install this shit, is it just the Warlords of Draenor PTR?
>>
>>341644124
Yes. Should have patch 7.0.3 listed, even tho it still shows WoD.
>>
>>341637659
Unholy is apply your dot
Build up 8 stacks of debuff on a target
then use a melee ability to Burst that Debuff for alot of damage 1 per hit (2 if you crit with a talent)
while weaving in Death coils and buffing your pet to super mode
>>
which character should i copy
i have a 100
warrior
mage
monk
paladin
rogue
dk
>>
Feral is doing good
and enh is REALLY good
>>
>>341644394
Rouge. And sample how bad combat has become.
>>
>>341644270
Fuck yeah, thanks
>>
File: 1460922610324.png (860 KB, 841x720) Image search: [Google]
1460922610324.png
860 KB, 841x720
>all these idiots asking if their the only ones lagging
>>
>>341644574
part of me wants to try it but ill probably do mage since frost is easy to relearn and i haven't touched wow since last year
>>
>>341643820

What do you want to know?
>>
>>341643576
Just a few standout examples
https://youtu.be/7hfvhykTAfo
https://youtu.be/6DX3qIf4EDc
https://youtu.be/V5qwW2PTeOw
https://youtu.be/AsxIXhYCi5Y
https://youtu.be/V9APhg2Bjcs
https://youtu.be/-Z_3hRm7K8g

And then there's the goofy shit
https://youtu.be/Se-ueWupuDI
https://youtu.be/ra2LLKa0Fsk
https://youtu.be/yNHq8Ic8a6w

Okay so your opinion is negative, but to say that WoW wouldn't benefit to have something different beyond droning zone ambiance even in raids and dungeons is just stupid. Hell, even the generic overworld "in combat" music changes depending on where you are.
>>
>>341645115
Daylight Pillars is still my favorite 14 track. New track that isn't a nostalgia bomb.
>>
File: ௵௵.png (43 KB, 372x260) Image search: [Google]
௵௵.png
43 KB, 372x260
>>341645115
Every time I listen to FF14's ost I get the urge to resub
>>
>>341645115
>Listing off all this ff14 music
>Not even listing breaking boundaries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ8yAEkUUgI
>>
>>341645115

FFXIV music is terrible and cringeworthy

fuck off weeb
>>
File: Vanilla lock bars.png (4 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Vanilla lock bars.png
4 MB, 1920x1200
>>341625624
>>341626618
The state of retail has gotten so bad that a level 100 has 1/4 the spells of my level 40 in vanilla
>>
As long as fury warrior is good, I'll come back at some point down the road, like I always do.

The only other class I played was Warlock, but I heard that was shit.
>>
>>341645939

half the shit on your bars isn't even a class spell, fuck off moron
>>
>>341645939
3/4 of those spells you never touch
>>
Unholy DK is a lot of fun actually, gonna main it in legion. I love Epidemic.
>>
Literally who the fuck plays or cares about wow anymore. Shit is so 2010.

You poor bastards just can't break away can you?
>>
Anyone with any input on fury wars in patch 7.0.whatever?
I've been a huntard since wotlk but I'm so fucking bored of it. Might switch mains. Boosted one with my legion preorder and kinda facerolled around trashran for a bit and it was pretty fun
>>
>>341646334
>Shit is so 2010.
catababay
>>
>>341646158
Yes it is.

>underage b& who doesn't know what half those buttons are for
>>
>>341646382
Warrior's pretty fun, with gear, so far on the ptr. The difference between the premade level 100 and my own geared heroic geared warrior was like night and day.
>>
>>341646479
Played since 06. If you played past 2010 you're a cuck.
>>
>>341646954
>i-im old i swear

lmao
>>
File: average xiv hotbar.jpg (37 KB, 420x123) Image search: [Google]
average xiv hotbar.jpg
37 KB, 420x123
>>341625624
I am sorry to hear this.
>>
I started playing in WOD and it's fun, better than any other MMO i've played.
>>
>>341646593

(you)
>>
File: 13232145.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
13232145.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>341647030
>he still plays blizzard games after the activision buyout

lmao
>>
>>341645939
oh it's you again, how are you enjoying being a Debuff bitch and spamming 3 buttons all fight?
>>
File: 1349588311879.gif (722 KB, 400x222) Image search: [Google]
1349588311879.gif
722 KB, 400x222
Can we still get followers to have as bodyguards?

This was one of the few things I loved about WoD.

Pls respond. Very imortant.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_061716_000413.jpg (656 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_061716_000413.jpg
656 KB, 1920x1080
I can't remember the last time I saw this many people do something out in the world.
>>
>>341647090
This is honestly one of the main things keeping me from personally enjoying FFXIV. That and the fact that I have to go level a bunch of other classes to various levels to get more cooldowns. I can see the appeal but it's not for me. Esp once you get into the whole on and off global cooldown thing.
WoW is just getting way too fucking simplified though. You either can have it korean with aspergers syndrome or braindead vegetable, no game seems to be in the middle of that.
>>
How come it says no servers on PTR when I try to log in?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.