[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there been an RPG that has even come *close* to being as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: pt.jpg (41 KB, 404x502) Image search: [Google]
pt.jpg
41 KB, 404x502
Has there been an RPG that has even come *close* to being as good as Planescape: Torment?
>>
>>341611824
Yes, absolutely.
>>
>>341611912
Which game? I would love to play it.
>>
>>341611824
Any RPGs that have actually good gameplay surpass it.
>>
>>341611824
>Can't even play as a woman
Aaaand into the trash it goes!
>>
does long-windedness make an rpg more valuable?
>>
>>341612279
What can change the gender of a man?
>>
>>341611824
BG2 and Fallout are both better.
>>
10/10 story
0/10 gameplay
>>
>>341611824
>tfw I couldn't get into Planescape no matter how many times I tried

Feels bad.
>>
>>341612046
Witcher franchise

Intelligent writing, and with better combat.
>>
>>341612880
Do what you always do. Pretend you like it and lie about it.
>>
Planet escape has a good tier story but trying to play through it now is awful
>>
>>341611824
I haven't played a RPG that does what PS:T does as well as PS:T.
But there are other RPG's that do other things WAY better than PS:T. So really it's just a matter of personal preference.
>>
>>341612880
Yeah, the beginning is not good, game will get better once you get access to clerks ward.
>>
>>341611824
You mean cRPG?
Because real pen&paper RPG with good GM is much better
>>
>>341612746
Basic polymorph spells. Why is the character's gender important? Does it play into the story in any meaningful way?
>>
>>341611824
Dialogues really come close to pseudo intellectual wank sometimes.
>>
>schlock tier fantasy story
>visual novel tier gameplay
"""""""""""masterpiece""""""""""""
>>
>>341613525
You have to provide an argument first if you want to make a point, dumbass.
>>
>>341612880
I managed to get into it after installing several community things. Widescreen, modern resolution, etc.
>>
>>341612870
>10/10 story
As much as i liked it first, on the second thought it's not that outstanding.
>committing the most terrible crime imaginable >The nature of the crime itself is unknown, save that the planes are still slowly dying because of it
D&D anime.
>>
>>341613968
He triggered the Blood War, it's pretty fucking obvious
>>
>>341614159
That war is eternal.
>>
i only love fall from grace and morte. other are just generic.
>>
>>341614895
>generic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFnHFsBsjw
>>
File: tired frog.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
tired frog.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
It's a "Faggots argue over the same 3-4 cRPGs for the nth time" episode.
>>
>>341616491
Better than flavor of the month shill threads.
>>
>>341616690
There hasn't been a good thread on /v/ since Spore came out.
>>
>>341612920
combat is like the worst aspect of witcher, all of witcher games have horrible combat
>>
>>341612998
That's the way.

Almost on one on /v/ who praises the classic rpgs like Planet Escape Tournament, Fallout 1&2, Baldurs Gate and so on never played it, but they see others praising it and since it's old it must be good, so they also praise it. Never ending cycle.
>>
Torment
Deus Ex
Baldur's Gate 2

The definitive holy trinity of computer RPGs. Fallout and Arcanum round out the top 5.
>>
>>341611824
Only maybe Morrowind from a sheer roleplaying perspective. Everybody talks about how this game has "bad gameplay", but the RPing ability itself is the gameplay here. Sure it doesn't have the best combat, but that's because it's far from a combat centric game. Combat's just one of many different options for the player to do in this game, and far from the main one.

Shitting on Planescape's combat is like shitting on the pseudo-RPGness of a game like Devil May Cry 3. No shit that aspect of the game isn't that great, that's not the main point of the game.
>>
>>341617285
Might be difficult for you to believe, but a lot of us are still here from the mid-2000s and were teens when games like these were being released so we played them when they came out. It's not a coincidence that years later we all talk about how much we enjoyed them on 4chan, which is the reason why they still receive a lot of praise today. People like you who were likely born in late 90s don't understand but you will in 5-10 years when people say the same things about games like Dark Souls or whatever else you enjoyed from recent memory.
>>
>>341617471
God, I want a new Arcanum game.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.