[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
zelda crash course
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: legend-of-zelda-wii-u.jpg (89 KB, 600x302) Image search: [Google]
legend-of-zelda-wii-u.jpg
89 KB, 600x302
Which Zelda games are absolutely essential to play before BotW? What should I know before diving in?
>>
None of them. Nothing.
>>
None, I'm being serious.
You don't really have to play any game to enjoy a Zelda game.
>>
>>341610307
What about all this crazy ass sheikah lore that's been posted?
>>
>>341610168
OoT & MM
>>
>>341610696
No previous games had shiekah lore
>>
The majority are unrelated. Play whichever ones interest you.
>>
There's a timeline but no one really gives a fuck about it. SS and OoT are the only ones that actively show off the timeline but you can ignore that part even in those games.
>>
>>341610696
Every Zelda game only vaguely references lore between games. Honestly there they're best played uninhibited by others in the franchise.

My first was OoT, and that feeling of something new fresh and intriguing i doubt i ll ever feel games again. The less you know the more of a discovery zelda games feel.
>>
>>341610696

The lore is not consistent between games.
Every Zelda game might as well be its own story, just with similar names ideas.

>race that eats rocks
>cant get home to eat rocks because there is a rock in the way
>"we're going to starve! :c"
>>
So you're basically asking which game to start the series with?

ALTTP. After that you can move on to OOT/MM. If you really want to, give the original LoZ a shot. Assuming you enjoy those just play anything you want.

I finished most Zelda titles in the same year, after I played my first I wanted more and more.

>>341610696
It's not really important but if you want to go down that doard read Hyule Historia for some lore information.
>>
>>341610948
These. However, not for the story, but for the fact that they are some of the best games, ever
>>
Zelda, Zelda 2, LttP, OoT, Link's Awakening, MM, WW, TP.
>>
>>341610168
Every Zelda game is designed to be someone's first so it's not like you need to play some HD Origins Collection or something.
>>
File: 1466092973162.png (2 MB, 1132x935) Image search: [Google]
1466092973162.png
2 MB, 1132x935
>>341610168
None of them are required, but they're all great games anyway. You want lore? I'll break it down for ya right here:

The Triforce is a mystical relic that can grant the wishes of whomever controls it.
It is the embodiment of the 3 spirits, under the Goddess Hylia, that shaped Hyrule: Din, Farore and Nayru.

The 3 main characters: Link, Zelda and Ganon are reincarnations of these 3 spirits, given flesh. Link embodies Farore's courage, Zelda is Nayru's wisdom and Ganon is Din's power. As long as there exists a Triforce, these three people will always be reincarnated and duke it out.

So, basically, going into BotW, just know that Link, Zelda and Ganon are connected spiritually and it's Link and Zelda's job to keep the Triforce out of Ganon's clutches. Sometimes Ganon will be a big ol' pigman, sometimes he'll be a green dude who goes by the name Ganondorf.
>>
Play the first game to start with, i believe in you to be able to get through it.
Zelda 2 is a great game, play it if you are feeling ambitious.
A Link to the Past will round out your Zelda background and give you the tools necessary to appreciate the games going forward.
Links Awakening is a touching little game that i highly recommend you play.
The Minish Cap is another fantastic game, well worth picking up.
A Link Between Worlds is rather new, and nothing short of great. The 2D mechanic is very charming and used for some good puzzle solving.
Lastly as for 3D Zelda's Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker are pretty essential, Majora's Mask and The Twilight Princess are for the ambitious. Skyward Sword is extremely polarizing, play if you want to see which side of the fence you sit on. This line up will give you a command on Zelda games and their design. Follow this guide and you will be able to go into Breath of the Wild fully prepared.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.