[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it ever happen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10
File: w30yucnmubhspve3ucn6.jpg (59 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
w30yucnmubhspve3ucn6.jpg
59 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>341607552
no
>>
>>341607668
And what makes you think this?
>>
>>341607668
/thread
>>
>>341607768
because it's completely irrelevant these days outside of memery
>>
I just want them to admit that its not in development already.
>>
>>341608184
> Memery
Thanks for the input, Timmy.
>>
>>341608273
Have they not said that several times already.

Now LFD3 and such, that's almost confirmed.
>>
>>341607552
To be real:

Half Life is at max medi core and only the physics made it a hype game.

After this bullshit horror village, this game lost the quality for me.
>>
>>341607552
Given Valve's apathy no.
>>
Why won't they make it?

Is it because it isn't as profitable as their other jewry?
>>
File: 1366696715007.gif (113 KB, 320x248) Image search: [Google]
1366696715007.gif
113 KB, 320x248
>>
>>341607552

HL3 will be 100% VR VIVE RELEASE I CALLED IT
>>
>>341608995
>Why won't they make it?
Because it's just not worth it for them.

Even if the game breaks all the records in sells they still make 2x that from hats in dota 2 and cs go in 1 month
>>
It's still being made.

There is no planned release date.

It will not be in VR.
>>
>>341609292
So why do people like Valve, again?
>>
Valve doesn't care about games anymore, they ran TF2 to the ground, making it F2P.

They won't make Half-Life 3, they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>341608481
But he is right tho
The people who actually gave a shit moved on while the others go
>I WANT TO LE BELIEVE XDDDD
>1+2=3 HL3 CONFIRMED XDDDD
>>
>>341609438
Nobody likes Valve, but they still give them their money because they remade the games with which most of the players grew up with - dota and counter strike

Nobody likes Valve, their community service, their matchmaking, their balance but people still play the games.
>>
The sad thing is, I don't even care anymore if they release it.

And I'm pretty sure a lot of the people that cared don't either. It's literally just a meme now.
>>
They ended HL2 (ep 2) with a fucking cliffhanger. How can a big company like Valve not feel any responsibility to follow that up?
>>
They don't have a single actual reason to release the game. The profit gravy train from Steam, hats, cases, skins, etc. gets them more money in probably 2 weeks than a new HL title ever could. There's no pressure from the community at all either, it's all just the "VALVE CAN'T COUNT TO 3" meme we've been on for years. Beside, let's be honest, if Half Life 3 came out tomorrow, would you really actually give a shit? It's been almost 10 years since the last installment, at this point it's vaporware because everybody at valve is working on new DOTA 2 skins. The last shred of hope of a new Half Life title was essentially crushed when Marc Laidlaw left.
>>
>>341607552
Probably, but there's no point in waiting on it until Valve decides to talk about it.

Go do something else with your life.

Start a family.
Get a job.
Buy a house.
Buy a fancy car.

Or some shit
>>
Probably not

And I say this as one of the biggest Half Life fanboys around.
>>
>>341608995
It's got fuck all to do with profit at this point, they'll make money regardless. The issue is that they don't want to release something that's not perfect so it's going to be stuck in development hell forever, or at least until fans lower their expectations.

Which they never will.
>>
File: 1392202969031.jpg (48 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
1392202969031.jpg
48 KB, 500x255
>>341609717
Remember how the first /v/GA was all about blowing Valve's cock?

Funny thing is, even if it was annoying and cringeworthy, you could actually understand where they were coming from. Loving Valve seemed like a perfectly acceptable thing, back then.

Where did it all go?
>>
>>341610447
>if Half Life 3 came out tomorrow, would you really actually give a shit?

Fuck yes

Fuck you
>>
I like how there's a massive amount of hype around the game that's literally come from nothing but retarded memes spewed out on the internet and general idiocy.
>>
>>341607552
Valve don't care about the fans who made them who they are today.

Same with how the fans no longer care about Valve.

Valve are pretentious meme company now.
>>
>>341610938
Or the fact that people liked the others and want another one.

People blame the hype on kids and memers, when actually most of the people who actually want the game are the ones who grew up with Half Life 1 and 2.
>>
>>341610809
maybe to millenial normie plebs

but to me they could release the game on the episode two engine, as long as they continue the fucking story.
>>
>>341611051
but since there's literally nothing shown of half life 3/episode 3, there's nothing for people to base their hype on.

it's baseless, nonsensical hype.
>>
>>341607552
Fucking Spider-Man escaped Activision before HL3 came out.
It is dead 100%.
>>
>>341607552
I don't even want it after seeing how poorly they are handling CS:GO.
>>
>>341611184
Yeah, this. I'd take anything at this point.

>>341611406
Well not really though. They're basing the hype on how much they enjoyed the previous ones.
>>
>>341607552
No, I think Left 4 Dead 3 will.
>>
>>341609292
Valve work structure is "come to work and then do what the fuck ever you want...as long as it makes money".

So devs make hats,skins and other service garbage for poor 12 years old in Brazil.
>>
>>341611406
The fact that the previous two games were masterpieces might have something to do with it.
>>
>>341607552
No, it doesn't make any economical sense and it's a massive risk for them. It will almost surely fall short of the hype.
>>
>>341611559
Half Life 2 is somewhat overrated.
>>
>>341611590
>Making a fucking Half Life game is a massive risk.

Just because it won't be an automatic money machine like making 4 new hats for TF2 doesn't mean it's a "financial risk" by any fucking stretch of the word.
>>
>>341611559
>masterpieces
Somewhat overhyping them, no?
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 1181x1447) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 1181x1447
>>341611406
>>
>>341611829
No?
>>
>>341609596
memes confirmed cleganebowl. memes will confirm hl3
>>
>>341611750
Fuck off with that "it's overrated" shit. HL2 is a thinking man's shooter. In 2004, it was the most advanced video game ever. It's just the standards HL2 made are now a normal occurence and you don't realize how much it stood out back then.
>>
Valve makes too much money from Steam, DOTA 2 and CSGO to warrant the need for HL3.
>>
Check this 3

- Gabe
>>
>>341611927
Don't get me wrong, I like Half Life, but calling them "masterpieces" is not acknowledging that they're very flawed experiences.
>>
>>341612072
What makes you think that a masterpiece can't have flaws?
>>
>>341612178
Masterpiece implies near-perfection.
>>
>>341611981
Yes when I played it back in 2004 I too was amazed by physics, facial animations and (at the time) photo realistic graphics

however, upon reflection, there's two very long driving sections, the weapons aren't very satisfying to use, ravenholm is too dark and feels out of place atmosphere-wise, the intro takes too long to get things going (though fortunately there's a chapter select function), nova prospekt is rather monotonous and too corridor-y and the final part of the game was rather underwhelming.

Then there's the physics puzzles which are really all just the same puzzle repeated several times.

Lip sync and facial animations are still nice tho.
>>
Probably the worst part about the fanbase is that they scream about ~the story~ and how they want it to be completed. Even though the story's always been not very good overall.

The way the story's told through gameplay? Yeah that's excellent. But the story itself is a bit rubbish.
>>
>>341609848
Yeah I don't think I would care either really. Unless it was some kind of otherworldly revolution in game design.
>>
>>341612330
Honestly the intro is perfect, it's what sets the mood. Would you want to skip everything up to the resonance cascade in HL1? It's what makes the game have character.
>>
File: Waltz with Bashir (1).jpg (203 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Waltz with Bashir (1).jpg
203 KB, 1600x900
>>341607552
Only if people boycotted Valve products, especially their bullshit microtransactions. Why should Valve bother making HL3 if they earn so much money with their manipulative business practices?

Unfortunately, many gamers are spineless. They suck up anything given to them and have no control over their addiction.

If gamers were very organized and refused to buy games until their demands are met, then none of these greedy video game companies would exist.
>>
>>341612608
>Would you want to skip everything up to the resonance cascade in HL1?

Yes.

That would be perfect. Video games need to stop wasting my time.
>>
>>341612765
You have shit taste.
>>
>>341612608
Yes the intros to both games are great and help build up the atmosphere and mood and whatnot.

But nobody wants to play through them again.

Brevity is key.
>>
>>341607552
Future graphics for half life 3
https://youtu.be/YnTLt-iK6oA?t=29s
>>
File: 1364488404708.jpg (76 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1364488404708.jpg
76 KB, 600x450
>>341612765
>>
File: 1465948046573.png (971 KB, 623x1375) Image search: [Google]
1465948046573.png
971 KB, 623x1375
It would not live to the hype.
>>
Why has no developer taken the time during interviews (perhaps at a Gaming expo like E3), to publicly attack or call out Valve for the lack of progress on Half Life 3? Nothing is more motivating than to be publicly humiliated for being lazy shits.
>>
>>341612852
>But nobody wants to play through them again.

Except for people with taste

>Brevity is key

Well meme'd, do you even understand what that means?
>>
>>341613124
not an argument
just /v/ buzzwords
>>
DotA was the worst thing to happen to Valve.

Once they became full hat/skin company, no one there has worked on anything fucking else. That and it looks like the people who actually cared about the Half Life series already left, so fuck it.
>>
>>341610583
Trust me when I say this, doing all of those things will never be enough to quell your depression.
>>
>>341612330
The driving sections were fucking great. It's like you were actually Gordon on his long journey since the camera never left his eyes. You started out on a train and then the top of the world with your actions in real time. The weapons weren't that bad especially the crossbow, revolver, and double shot with the shotgun. Intro is fine, just skip it on other playthroughs. Nova Prospekt was a bit long but it wasn't bad at all. The ending felt awesome and the puzzles were fun.
>>
>>341613260
>Dota.
>Not Steam itself.
>>
>>341613250
You made no arguments either.

>The intro serves its purpose perfectly, but I don't like it for some reason. Here, have a reference to something Shakespeare once said, except that his point is the opposite of what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>341613328
>getting depressed over a video game not coming out

>>341613124
>taste
fuck off, things are subjective not objective

also brevity means shortness of time

>>341613260
surely tf2 kicked that off?
>>
>>341612685
I mostly don't blame the corporations for shitty games. I blame all the pathetic gamers who support them by buying their products, then complain and act tough over the internet.

>We'll boycott Modern Warfare 2 until it has dedicated servers.
Still buys it.
>We'll boycott all Mass Effect games and DLCs until BioWarEA fixes the ending
Still buy them and get excited about Andromeda. So what if the ending was an insult?
>Origin contains spyware, I'll NEVER download this!
Still gets it.
>Konami cancelled PT and fired Kojima! Screw them!
Still buy their games. Konami did make a profit lately, despite all hatred against them.

Everyone here will still buy Infinite Warfare. Then rage about it all over 4chan. Repeating the cycle all over again.
>>
>>341613841
"brevity is key" means "don't waste the audience's time with unecessary shit".

When the intro does what it's supposed to, that is, set the tone, establish the world and draw us into it. It serves its purpose perfectly for everyone who isn't an ADHD 12-year-old who just wants to shoot things.

There's nothing wrong with a game that's all about shooting things all the time. But that's not what Half Life is about.
>>
>>341613542
I'm not even the one who said brevity so yeah.
You're not very bright.

The Intro to both games isn't worth your time a second run through. There is nothing to see you didn't see the first time and half life has a horrible story
>>
>>341614193
Of course Konami made a profit, they're making pachinko games for gambling addicts.
>>
>>341614213
>There's nothing wrong with a game that's all about shooting things all the time. But that's not what Half Life is about.

It's literally a relatively slow doom clone with an excuse plot "aliens are invading, kill them".

It's an FPS where you carry ten guns and kill shit. Stop kidding yourself.
>>
>>341614315
Gamers ARE gambling addicts.

Just look at games such as Division and Destiny. These were DESIGNED to be addictive.
>>
Only if necessary.

Meaning, as long as Steam keeps being profitable it won't happen.
>>
File: krdecek.jpg (9 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
krdecek.jpg
9 KB, 240x240
>>341609596
I still give a shit, fuccboi.
>>
At this point they're just waiting for the hype to die down so if they ever do release it, there won't be so much disappointment. Half Life will become a game people played X years ago and "HEY, they're releasing another one now, I forgot all about it."
>>
File: 1398866635653.jpg (29 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
1398866635653.jpg
29 KB, 316x202
>Half Life 2 Episode 2 was released TEN YEARS AGO

Where were you when you realized Episode 3 is in "literally never ever" territory?
>>
>>341615619
A few years back, welcome to the family.
>>
Gabe has forsaken us.
>>
>>341615619
No it wasn't
>>
>>341607552
A-any day now.
Just keep faith.
>>
Yes theres just too much evidence pointing towards its development like the leaks and what not. I just want the story to be completed
>>
>>341614213
upon additional playthroughs of a linear game, players will not want to play the intro again.

this literally applies to any game, regardless of how the intro is
>>
File: No.jpg (69 KB, 1138x640) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
69 KB, 1138x640
>>341607552
No.
When Gaben waffles onto the stage, he's going to announce the cancellation of the product.

It's been too long and the hype train is going too fast.
>>
>>341612330
Valve's design philosophy was to only take the control away from the character when it was necessary.

The point was that it was a journey, you were traveling that god damn distance. The city felt real, it felt massive because you not only traveled to the outskirts, but you zipped down the coast, down broken highways to see the crumbling infrastructure outside of the city world. To follow the train tracks to the prison off in the distance where you needed to rescue Alyx's father.

Never once did you spawn in on a helicopter for the next level and go "HERE'S AN INTERESTING PLACE, GO SHOOT IT UP". You drove to that god damn interesting place, you shot it up, and then you drove away. The experience was complete.

The game had high moments, and low moments where you were just exploring a ramshackle house to find a hidden ammo crate with a comfy ocean view. It was fantastic.
>>
>>341616829
>Hype Train

The Hype Train for this game right now is verry much comparable to Starbound. As in, nobody at this point would even give a shit unless the release date was mentioned.

People have stopped believing for atleasta couple years, its been like 12 years since its original release, anyone who still has hype after all this time is either ill or a massive schmuck.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.