[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is FF7 worth playing, even though it is being remade? I never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: cloud.jpg (22 KB, 331x446) Image search: [Google]
cloud.jpg
22 KB, 331x446
Is FF7 worth playing, even though it is being remade? I never played it.
>>
>>341587348
no it's a terrible meme game
>>
>>341587348
It's the best Final Fantasy game.

But if you play it now and you're young you might not be able to stomach the grafix cause it was early 3D
>>
I wish remake was turn based. can't they keep this shitty combat in XV?
this isn't what anyone wanted.
>>
>>341587636
I'd be okay with the remake having any combat type from VII to X-2

Any of those would be good (well maybe not VIII's draw system)

Just not XV action combat please
And no XIII
>>
>>341587348
The remake will be a completely different experience, so yes.
>>
>>341587348
I've never played it and recently started. If you like retro JRPGs it's definitely worth a try!
>>
>>341587557
what a faggot, ff VI>>>>>>>>>>>>>ff VII
>>
>>341587636
I wanted this, suck my dick. You're not speaking for everyone.
>>
File: 1463715032415.jpg (36 KB, 359x612) Image search: [Google]
1463715032415.jpg
36 KB, 359x612
There's only one reason to play it
>>
>>341588279
The gay sex that Cloud has?

Will that be in the remake?
>>
>>341588265
neither are you, faggot
>>
>>341588421
I never claimed to, unlike this guy.
>>
>>341588473
glad we can agree that it should be turn-based then
>>
>>341588647
Why would they remake the game if everyone was kept the same ? Better to bring some novelty, otherwise just play the original.
>>
>>341588763
>Why would they remake the game if everyone was kept the same ?

To have better graphics and experience the game again only prettier. I hope they don't change a damn thing.
>>
>>341588846
>REMAKE
You might be confusing with Remaster. They have creative freedom to do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>341589048
they have the creative freedom to suck my dick
>>
>>341589048
No no no, you don't fuck with perfection, just make it from the ground up but with much better graphics and not from the exact same overhead perspective, have all the dialogue, and all the items the same.
>>
>>341589228
And also have the fighting system and stats and everything exactly the same, just make it much much prettier.
>>
>>341588763
the point of a remake is to modernize bits and pieces, not re-envision the core mechanics. something more like removing random encounters and balancing the materia system. this looks terrible.
>>
>>341589187
>>341589228
>>341589307
I seriously hope you're not from the "modern industry is just shitty remakes because low risk" crowd. You guys are the exact reason why this meme exists, because you actually WANT them.
Fuck you. This remake is shaping exactly like I want it to be, as a different spin to and old game with modernized mechanics.
>>
File: imagessafsdf.jpg (3 KB, 103x90) Image search: [Google]
imagessafsdf.jpg
3 KB, 103x90
>>341588763
yes, why don't we remake the first Mario as a fps military shooter too?

dumb faggot.
>>
>>341589187
They will need a microscope to first locate your penis because of its size being so super small of course so you see they are in need of creative freedom because even after locating you penis they will need to get creative to figure out a proper way to suck the tiny peen without sucking it off your body because it is a very fragile tiny thing on your body that would probably fall off.
>>
>>341589389
I mostly agree with you. My biggest red flag right now is that they're dividing it up into multiple different releases, episodes, whatever you want to call it.
>>
>>341589475
>RPG to Action-RPG is the same transition as Platformer to FPS
You're just a salty moron.
>>341589570
I also agree with you on that part. This is the real problem with this remake.
>>
Its aged very badly. The visuals look like puke. The game play is also archaic. The music is still excellent though.
>>
>>341587348
Absolutely.
Gorgeous backgrounds and music, fun gameplay, interesting characters, from a carefree era without self-censorship.

Square won't be able to recapture the feeling. Enjoy it.
>>
>>341587348

If you like FF, then play the original. If you don't like FF, then play another RPG. The remake is made by Shitnix. Shitnix only makes shit. So don't play that.
>>
overhyped story with mostly shallow characters that drags on for way more than it should, i think it's overrated as fuck but enjoyable if you get past the terribly dated graphical quality
>>
>>341587348
The graphics look terrible. But the story, gameplay, and characters are easily some of the best in the series.
>>
>>341587348

Complete liberal fanwank, absolutely disgusting

>oh pollution is bad
>corporations is evil
>greed is terrible
>omg, they shut down the space program
>how horrible, the poor live in the slums
>not fair, the rich live in luxury and they don't care about poor people!

It hurts to play
>>
>>341587636
Apparently, XV has an optional turn-based combat mode that will make it play closer to the originals. Maybe VII Remake will do the same?
>>
>>341590589
All the XV wait mode does is pause time for a few seconds so you can """play more strategically"""
>>
>>341589495
>Projection (Psychological)
>) An unconscious self-defence mechanism characterised by a person unconsciously attributing their own issues onto someone or something else as a form of delusion and denial.
>>
>>341590272

Let's play with your logic on points that I disagree:

>pollution is fucking awesome
>corporations are good an benevolent
>greed is great
>shutting down the space program was the greatest thing ever, let's all just marinate and die off on this shitty planet

You sound really... intelligent.
>>
>>341589389
Why would you want to change perfection? Are you also for changing the story line or removing certain elements? That's censorship my friend. It's fine if they add shit but they should keep all elements that were present present.
>>
I played it for the first time 3 years ago and its probably in my top 3 games I've ever played. I'd say give it a whirl
>>
>>341587348
They better allow the changing of characters names in the new version like they did in the original version or I'm not buying.
>>
its good, but have fun trying to be ruby and emerald weapons without either googling it or grinding your ass off
>>
>>341589389
The lower the risk, the higher the chance of reward.
>>
>>341589904
>Shitnix only makes shit
WRONG
Bravely Default and Bravely Second are best masterpieces you shitlord.
>>
>>341589570
Thats the same shit they pulled with the FFIV sequel and also why I didn't buy it. Don't release shit in chapters.

Do you mean to say it won't be available on a disc as a whole game?
>>
>>341588203
lolno 8 is better than 6

Tactics will always be my personal fav though
>>
>>341589708
>gameplay is archaic

Why? Because it's turn-based? That's just a stupid fucking meme and there's no difference in merit between a game with real-time combat or turn-based combat. Nobody calls cover-based shooting archaic even though it debuted in fucking Space Invaders.

Really though, one of the core aspects of the gameplay, the Materia System, has aged fantastically since for whatever reason, no one really attempted to copy it, and Square never iterated on it. So customizing loadouts and discovering good combinations of effects felt as rewarding when I replayed it five months ago as it did when I first played it nineteen years ago.

I'd say it's definitely still worth playing. The remake looks interesting, and I'm being cautiously optimistic about it, but they're clearly taking it a different direction, and the original will still most likely end up being the "definitive" experience, like the difference between the port and the remake of FFIV.
>>
>>341588203
I completed VI recently and I can honestly say I liked VII, VIII, IX and X more.
>>
>>341587348
Aries dies
>>
>>341590589
>>341590762
Sounds similar to the pause thing in Mass Effect games. Not quite turn-based.
>>
>>341591967

Default maybe, Second gets dragged down by the low effort writing
>>
>>341587348
Play Vanilla if new

Play New Threat Mod 1.4 if you want a fresh game with alot of really good fitting extras and deeper combat.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.