[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay RockStar you're funny but when are you announcing the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
Okay RockStar you're funny but when are you announcing the new Red Dead game?
>>
Rockstar is abandoning everything to focus on the giant cash cow that is GTA 5 online. Also I just now realized that Red Dead Redemption's online was a much more basic trial run for GTA 5's open world "MMORPG" aspect.

Goddamn do I miss red dead online though, RDR the only reason I still have my 11 year old Xbox 360 but I can't justify paying for xbox live just for the one game.
>>
>>341587535
After all these years it's still my favorite game
And little does R* This probably would make a lott more money.
>>
was really hoping for them to say something
niggers
>>
>>341587824
I can't get enough of westerns and I blame red dead.

I remember I stayed home sick in high school and had the house to myself so I could be as loud as I wanted and noticed one of my best friends was also online because he stayed home that day so we then spent hours riding around, screaming, and causing chaos until we were both high bounty and we cleared out and took over that one fort in Mexico on the mountaintop with the giant gate and we held out against waves of soldiers and players trying to claim our bounties.

Eventually the players posseed up to work together and pushed us up the rooftops in a dramatic TNT fight where me and my buddy made our final stand and eventually ft overrun. Then we probably went cougar hunting in the north or something. Many good memories.
>>
>>341588298
I loved doing that shit. I remember I used to watch my brother play and he'd find glitches and random teleporting people in the second town and I used to die laughing. Good shit
>>
>>341587535
R* already said GTA V online won't last forever

http://www.gamesradar.com/gta-online-wont-last-forever-because-rockstar-needs-to-think-about-the-future/
>>
That whole cancelled trailer because of Orlando is just a bunch of unconfirmed BS right?
>>
>>341588976
yes
>>
>>341588976
supposedly. sony "confirmed" it was a rumor

who really knows though
>>
>>341588976
It's bullshit yeah the company famous for allowing it's players to kill random people wouldn't care about some guy killing some gays
>>
>>341589123
>making a videogame where you can kill simulated fake people means you don't care about actual people in real life being killed
>>
Isn't it weird that almost no western games we're made after the succes of RDR? I mean you think other developers would try to cash in on it
>>
>>341590876
I think after Red Dead the zombie craze started up which was a lot easier to make, sell, and find an audience for; especially for indie devs.
Call of Juarez was a successful series especially since it wasn't trying to copy RDR. I've seen games with western themes but no open world westerns past the pixel art level.

I think RDR was sort of a risk since it wasn't made when old West games were in the public eye or anything and most devs were looking to stick with a safer sell like modern shooter, zombies, futuristic shooter.
>>
>>341590876
even rockstar was told that red dead would flop before they just boldly went ahead and released it
probably shareholders etc. telling other developers the same thing
>>
>>341587535
Are people still playing GTA Online?
>>
Fuck Red Dead. Give me another GUN game.
>>
>game was about the death of the old west
>people still think we will get a sequel

You're only hurting yourself anons
>>
>>341593468
Lol
>>
>>341593650
They've already confirmed its a permanent franchise
>>
>>341592963
I do. It's fun with friends.
>>
File: pinocchio-004.jpg (99 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
pinocchio-004.jpg
99 KB, 399x400
>>341587259
>we'll have a YUGE presence at E3
>>
>>341587259
The said back in may that a new Rockstar game will be revealed soon
>>
>nigger ex slave
>Indian (not poo kind)
>Ex civil war confederate soldier

No thanks. Make it one protag
>>
>>341593650
you are fucking dense
there wont be another red dead *redemption*
there will however be a new red dead

>>341594481
Their "huge presence" was a shitty Mafia 3 cafe meme
>>
>>341594541
>Texan
>Indian
>Mexican

Yes please!
>>
>>341592963
Yep and I don't see why. Last I played it was just retards running around free roam killing each other with that one guy in a jet or tank protected by 4 of his friends. Despite finding full free roam sessions constantly back when I still played nobody would ever join heist session most likely because they require an attention span of more than 2 seconds which is far greater than the average GTA player's attention span. It literally takes hours to get any of the heists started and god forbid someone leaves because they can't handle the fact that there needs to be some semblance of thought put into how you play during the heists because then you're back to square one and you're waiting 3 more hours for people to join.
>>
>>341589123
yeah because pulling a trailer because of a recent even never happens does it.

how old are you.
>>
>>341594887
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A

Yeah, its not exactly like the portray it in the trailer, but its casual fun. I usually call up my Hydra and fuck up CEOs doing VIP work. it gives me a small reward each crate i destroy
>>
>>341594104
>Not liking GUN

Haha pleb. The best Western game of all time.
>>
>>341594728

if they base the next red further back, and let you play as a native during the period when the dirty white devils weren't properly settled, it would be hype as fuck

I'd temporarily abandon myself and go all out to kill and scalp whitey who is raping the land
>>
>>341595130
What I learned from playing it was basically GTA Online is the epitome of "you don't have any friends" the game. I want to enjoy it, but no one I know has a PC decent enough to play it. Crews seem like the only way to get people together, but I haven't tried it yet.

Does 4chan have a crew worth joining?
>>
>>341595450
Seeing how RDR was set in the end of the wild west, it will certainly be set further back. its just a question about how far back

>>341595616
/gtag/ over at /vg/ is the "official 4chan crew", but to me it comes off as a major circlejerk.
>>
>>341595807

> but to me it comes off as a major circlejerk.

That's /vg/ for you. I guess when a game is discussed enough, the game is no longer a topic to be discussed. Case in point, final fantasy 14 general, that is the most cancerous pile of spastic shit that I have eve had the unfortunate pleasure to try and read.

And I think it would be interesting to see the end of the civil war through the eyes of a disillusioned soldier, be it union or confederate. Like, union soldier to go and find supplies that are being hoarded by the enemy, only to find frightened women and children, and have to make a decision as to how to proceed.
>>
>>341596231
Someone has never seen Katawa Shoujo general
>>
>>341595807
So I'm guessing that's a "no" on joining their crew.

Man I just want some people who I can coordinate with for five seconds without getting shot in the head.
>>
>>341596689
Could always try reddit :^)
>>
>>341596689
add me on social club, wildzesty
>>
>>341597080
Sure thing man, I use PC by the way.
>>
>>341587535
What a fag, last week the head of R* said they were wrapping up GTAO and that it needs a break, fuck off
>>
>>341587535
24 (or more) free games a year
Sounds good to me, in fact just woke up hoping to download the X-com game I saw it was gonna be for free today and I realized Tekken tag tournament 2 is for free two
>Inb4 free
>>
>>341594887
Sorry but GTA online isn't for losers without friends
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.