[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Horizon Zero Dawn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9
What does /v/ think of Horizon Zero Dawn?
>>
One of like 5 games at E3 this year that I'm interested in desu senpai.
>>
>>341576171
Eh
Will probably pick it up at some point on sale. Don't care enough about it to get it at launch.
>>
>>341576171
It looks good. I'll probably get it.
>>341576228
What are the other four?
>>
Looks intriguing. Desire to know more intensifies.
Will probably do mediocre because of no brand power.
>>
Looks good, looks like the type of game that will get a ton of fps dips though.
>>
>Chatty MC

why do all modern games do this shit?
>>
It looks alright.

When are we seeing more WILD though?
>>
I'll buy it, I like the robo dinos and playing as a grill.
>>
>no character customization
Meh, kinda killed my hype. Ashley Burch is an ill-fit for the character and the dialogue she is constantly saying doesn't seem particularly interesting or engaging. Everything else seems cool.
>>
>>341576171
What's with the stupid subtitle? Is Horizon already trademarked or something?
>>
File: disgusted.gif (1 MB, 200x190) Image search: [Google]
disgusted.gif
1 MB, 200x190
>>341576171
It have potential, but fuck that bitch she can't stfu
>>
>>341576343
>modern
This shit has existed ever since gen 5 when large volumes of voice work became possible. Shut up Clank holy fucking shit I can see the platform you faggot robot fuck.

That said it's probably just a voiceover for E3 presentation to give people context of what's going on.
>>
>dark fantasy
>without sex scenes and racism
What's going on here?
>>
Neat looking game

Seriously one of the dumbest names for a game I have ever seen.

Seriously, up there in "Bravely Default" territory.
>>
>>341576343
It was for presentation, I believe.
>>
>>341576540
Bravely Default makes sense from the moment you start playing though, given that Brave and Default are two gameplay features.

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with this one. Honestly I keep confusing it with No Man's Sky.
>>
>>341576476
Wait, when did Clank ever talk to you? I'm 99% sure both he and Ratchet were silent in gameplay.
>>
The cringy dialogue and voice acting along with Biowarts decision wheel is a turn off. Aside from that it looks pretty good.
>>
>>341576669
It sounds edgy and cool.
>>
>>341576171
I'm interested in it but somehow still not completely sold. It is not on my MUST BUY list yet.
>>
>>341576669
>Bravely Default makes sense from the moment you start playing though,

Sure, but sitting there on the shelf, it looks retarded as fuck.

Same with Hyperdimension Neptunia, or The Book of Unwritten Tales.

Except, those games' titles actually make a lick of gramatical sense!

Horizon Zero Dawn is the kind of word salad title, like
Metal Gear Solid or Melty Blood Actress Again
>>
I'm pretty excited for it but the MC looks like your everyday western I DON'T NEED NO MAN WHEN I CAN BE A MAN protagonist.
>>
>>341576476
>>341576546
I really don't think so. That is way too wishful thinking and making excuses, and that's dangerous because you're fooling yourself.
Rather try to convince yourself that you'll just get used to it when you're playing it yourself.
>>
Looks fucking awesome, open world game with great aesthetics and actually good gameplay

Can't wait to play it. Too bad VA is forced and shit af
>>
>>341577171
At least MGS sort of tells you about what you can expect. There's a goddamn robot called metal gear.

I literally could not come up with a more generic name for an open world game than Horizon if I tried, and the subtitle is fucking bland meaningless shit. What, is the zero dawn going to be some secret plot point? Who the fuck cares? You're hunting ROBOT DINOSAURS why is that not the focus of the title?
>>
>>341577295
I guess man. I can't really think of games where the characters do that so often though, but can recall presentations where it's present. Maybe I don't play enough modern stuff.
>>
>>341576934
Well there weren't any until you posted, faggot.
>>
>>341577349
When all else fails, insult the title of the game!
>>
>>341576728
It almost ruined Deadlocked for me.
>>
>>341577295
Games always do that shit, explaining what is going on for the audience who is seeing it for the first time. Obviously it's not going to be in the final game.
>>
>>341576171
meh
I'll probably end up playing it at a normie friends house sometime next year. Might rent it or something.
>>
>open world
>kill x/ collect x to unlock y missions

Not hyped
>>
>>341576171
2nd best looking game of the conference.

Extra points for showing so much gameplay and not a shitty cinematic trailer.
World looks interesting, enemies look threatening, should be fun.
>>
>>341577929
wait how do you know the mission structure?
>>
>>341576171
I think it looks boring and that it's drawing people in solely with a flashy premise. I do not think it will end up being a good game. I don't have faith in them.

It has potential if they manage to take cues from Monster Hunter or SotC, but I very much doubt that they will do that. I think they'll be taking cues from recent Bioware games and Fallout 4 and every other subpar open world game which has come out in the past five years.
>>
>>341576171
I'll only buy it if they make the main character not have a fucking egg head manface and like an actual european.
>>
looks pretty comfy
>>
>>341578118
You should probably have your eyes checked first you blind mongoloid
>>
>>341578068
Every open world game is the same.

>few interesting main missions
>hundreds of non interesting side activities.
>>
MonHun parts good and with a lot of variety

Writing by ex obsidian and cd devs so should be good

Very pretty and dinobots give it a different feel

Aloy is a qt and I want to see her in different armour
>>
File: dd arc.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dd arc.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>341578108
Yeah its downfall will be the fact that by day's end it's still a western open-world game that will fall into the same trappings every western open-world that isn't by Rockstar has fallen into. They really should look at the games you said. Maybe also Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls for learning the value of keeping the gameplay and exploration front and center instead of making the gameplay a matter of checklists, waypoints and dialouge choices.
>>
>>341576171
looks like shit

every time the camera moves everything becomes a blurry choppy mess
>>
File: 1253012614272.jpg (358 KB, 1063x956) Image search: [Google]
1253012614272.jpg
358 KB, 1063x956
>>341578328
Everybody's making the Monster Hunter comparison, but Zero Horizon has no melee weapons. It's just bow all the time, every time.
>>
>>341577295
No it is very obviously stage, she has a reaction to everything which wouldn't be possible in the real game unless they recorded a fuck load of dialogue

The other demos also lack anywhere near as much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWd5NJ81f6w
>>
>>341578328
I don't think there's any customization for Aloy.

>No naked bikini Aloy speed runs. Why live.
>>
>>341576343

To give audio clues as to the world around you. Also, thanks to this and my probably very real autism, I now say shit like "Damn, the door's locked." From all the times I heard James say it in Silent Hill or other game like that.
>>
>>341576439
You can trade loot for different costumes
>>
File: 27557590522_0bae0806e0_b-1.jpg (455 KB, 1024x725) Image search: [Google]
27557590522_0bae0806e0_b-1.jpg
455 KB, 1024x725
>>341578526
So? Range is fun

>>341578564
There is, we just haven't seen any yet but they have talked about it, also pic
>>
>>341578260
not him, but dude this bitch is homely
>>
File: 1465967653165.jpg (562 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465967653165.jpg
562 KB, 1920x1080
>>341578695
Yeah 2/10 wouldn't bang
>>
At this point this game looks more fun than FF15. How did SE fuck up so hard
>>
>>341578290
Oh so you're just pulling shit out of your ass, just making sure.
>>
>>341578690
Nice, thats all I wanted after what they shown.
>>
two BIG questions

melee?

Multiplayer hunts?
>>
>>341579082
Stealth take downs and a little but no not really

Doesn't seem so
>>
>>341578328
>obsidian and cd devs
Please source, because that just made me interested in the game.
>>
>>341578695
Looks like a ginger monkey. Western devs are pathetic.
>>
>>341578690
I'm just saying the comparison with MH is missleading because the combat in the two games is so vastly different.
>>
>>341579221
No not really. They even said it draws raws inspiration from Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter, and Binary Domain (old interview which I can only find in other languages now)
>>
The world makes no sense, what with the apparent tech level being all over the place.
The design is okay. The robot design is mediocre, but the world is colourful.
The combat is not great.
Sony exclusive

Could be better.
>>
>>341579294
Of course they're going to say that when those games are the best in respective genre. Truth is that the demo had the same tropes almost all western open-world games do.

PRESS BUTTON FOR WEAK POINT
HIT GLOWING RED PART
USE MAP TO FIND EVERYTHING, NO NEED TO EXPLORE
ACTIVATE CINEMATIC SLOW MO MODE IF UNDER STRESS
>>
File: 1465585794675.jpg (355 KB, 704x1024) Image search: [Google]
1465585794675.jpg
355 KB, 704x1024
>>341579194
>>
>>341579319
>The world makes no sense
The world makes no sense because it's not supposed to. The game is about the player finding out what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>341579176
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/horizon.zero.dawn.release.date.ps4.next.year/57845.htm
https://www.vg247.com/2015/06/19/the-witcher-fallout-horizon-zero-dawn-ps4-guerilla-games/
>>
setting does not do it for me. probably won't buy unless it hits the bargain bin
>>
>>341579498
Robot having an apparent, accepted, biological lifecycle.
Here, let the humans live like cavemen, but have the tech level to reprogram robots, HUDs, and tech analysis on the fly.

Hunting robots for some strange reason.

That's not "something strange is happening, let's investigate"; its "Giant monsters are so passé, put robots instead, fuck any reasoning"

But eh, that's a choice. I don't mind terribly, I just don't like it.
>>
File: 1437124135972.jpg (13 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1437124135972.jpg
13 KB, 280x280
>>341576171
I played the two latest big tomb raider games and I didn't like those that much, and so Horizon doesn't really interest me because it looks like it plays about the same.
>>
>>341579498
Probably something close to the same plot as Metal Max

People realize they're polluting a ton and build an AI to calculate a sustainable solution.
AI does it's thing and realizes that no solution it proposes is actually going to work because all new policies/practices still would contain the factor that is the human element itself
AI goes rogue and takes over all computer technology on the planet, then launches a simultaneous coordinated attack on all human cities and industry using the military tech it commandeered from every nation.
Robots wander around to make sure humans don't rebuild and start polluting again.
>>
>>341579771
I don't remember Tomb Raider being an RPG with elemental weaknesses, quests and dialogue wheels.
>>
>>341579762
watch the e3 2015 gameplay thingy and there is a reason behind hunting them, some of them harvest liquid shit that humans apparently need. Not to mention, they can use the wiring and metal for housing, weapons n stuff
>>
>>341578526
Literally the first thing she kills in the new gameplay video is finished off with a melee attack.
We also saw her fighting humans in the trailer that came out like a week ago with melee if I remember right.
>>
>>341579521
Wow, that's pretty cool. I wonder if they will be able to competently explain this world. Not that they really need to, anyway.
>>
>>341579906
Wtf they obviously both have bow and arrow man open your eyes up. It s just like that shitty kid from the Nintendo game .. Pit
>>
>>341579762
Only Aloy can do that shit and its because of the little triangle chip thing on her ear, you see her find it in the cinematic trailer they released, so shes the only one able to do it, also seems like she is kinda an outcast or ostracized by some because of it.
>>
>>341579961
I did watch it. I am saying that it is poorly done.

All it does is replace beasts with robots and the resources are different. Except their tech level makes no sense, the robot design is far too sleek and complex, and they don't even use the plating as any form of armor or protection.

Why would you have a HUD and remote control capabilities, then craft fire bombs with leather skins. At that level, mines and remote control capabilities are within the realm of possibility.
>>
If there's dungeons built with ancient aliens tech I'll upgrade it from maybe to Day 1 because it's basically Mega Man Legends I've always wanted
>>
>>341580249
New Zelda game has technologies and archaism rolled into one. Who cares dude, you're over thinking it.

I'm sure things will be explained.
>>
Best game shown in E3 by miles. Maybe I'll get a PS4 to play it someday.
>>
>>341576171
it would be better if the name girl shit the fuck up
>>
>>341579486
>hahaha isn't huehuehue
missed opportunity
>>
>>341576171
Looks less and less impressive as time goes on. They need to either stop showing these games too early or stop delaying them. That first bit of gameplay was amazing, I was so hyped that I actually listed Horizon as a reason to buy a PS4. Now I have a PS4 and the game has been delayed AGAIN. Worst part is, the last gameplay shown wasn't even interesting.
>>
>>341580249
See
>>341580207

Here is how I'm thinking it goes.

Humans make an AI or something, the AI seeing the only way to save the world goes rogue and starts killing people, does a good job of it, wipes out most of humanity and goes dormant or something.

Robo's left behind also see how they would be bad for the world so they start to imitate nature hence animal robots that survive on naturally produced resources(spider things from the latest demo collecting shit, deer ones from the old demo grazing and converting it into some sort of green goo in canisters, big robots "eat" these ones to get the food/fuel)

So, 1000 years past(this part is actually confirmed) and lil Aloy at the age of say...10 or 11 judging from the trailer is exploring and finds the triangle earpiece thing.
Its either just a bit of tech off one of the roboanimals or maybe its something out human soldiers were using to fight them which is why it shows things like weaknesses and has tracking capabilities and can reprogram.

Anyway, Aloy finds this thing chip thing and that awakens the dormant AI, which comes in the form of just more normal looking non-animal robots like the one she fought in the demo, which is why she says it looks ancient, cause it was one of the original "killbots" meant to take out humans.

So throughout the story you find all this out and have to save the rest of the humans from this reemerging threat .

Pretty solid guess?
>>
>>341580980
I mean it was delayed like 2 months max.
That was pegged as a holiday 2016 game, now its coming in Feb instead.
>>
>>341580980
Wait didn't they just show the same gameplay again
>>
>>341580980
really? I thought the gameplay they just showed looked far better than the debut
>>
>>341581349
No, the old one showed her fighting a roborex, this new one showed some npc interaction, some fighting off normal lil robots, reprograming a robobull and using it as a mount, and fighting a robot thing that had jump attacks and threw rocks and shit.

Also because of her running around and riding the bull it showed a little more of the world, although there are apparently many different enviroments and the roboanimals actually stick to their specific enviroments.

>>341581414
I really liked both.
>>
>>341581414
Same
>>
>>341580249
>I am saying that it is poorly done.
When we don't even have the full story which is about finding it all out?

>All it does is replace beasts with robots and the resources are different.
Cause you can shoot weapons and shit off a deer
>>
>>341576171
I am so fucking hype for it honestly, despite my gut feeling that it's gonna absolutely bomb like every other game I was hyped for.
Plus the cover art is really good.

I really really REALLY hope they don't fuck up the open world aspect, and make the world feel empty a la Mirror's Edge Catalyst.
>>
>>341582379
It won't do amazingly well but if they give it some decent advertising It will at least push 1 million.
>>
>>341576171
would be cool if the bitch would shut the fuck up for 5 seconds
>>
>>341576343
>>341576475
Come on, that's awesome. It'd be so boring to get some text pop-up on screen and you just get to walk there uneventfuly.
It's kinda like getting a quest from an NPC, but in this case the quest giver is your own character.
>>
Open world Tomb Raider interests me somewhat.

I have a feeling the story is going to be pretty shallow and the dialog options will only give the illusion of choice ala FO4.

Will be a good way to kill a couple hungover Sundays in the Winter. Unless it gets delayed further which it probably will.
>>
it has a better combat than the witcher 3
>>
>>341576171
It looks good. That's it.
>>
>>341585337
It has witcher and new vegas devs on it so probably won't be that shallow
>>
>>341585852

None of the writing and dialogue they've shown so far even resembles those two series despite the setting supposed to be carrying that kind of tone.
>>
More like Horizon Zero Down Syndrome
kek
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.