[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never played a Zelda game before. Do you Zeldafags think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: zelda.jpg (55 KB, 1240x765) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
55 KB, 1240x765
I have never played a Zelda game before. Do you Zeldafags think it's going to be as good as the old ones are supposed to be? I might get it.
>>
>>341574853

seems to be different enough that it's the best time for a newcomer to get in. I've played past Zelda titles and I really don't get the appeal. They're middle of the road average games at best. Every mechanic and element they have is done many times better in other games/series. I expect the new Zelda to be the same. An alright game that fans gush over but is objectively average and has no real strong suit.
>>
>>341574853
It's going to be Legend of Skyrim. Go play Skyrim. You like that, you'll like this.
>>
>>341574853
It looks to be completely different from the mainstream Zelda games.

It looks like it'll be alright but beware that most Zelda games are piss easy and there's never any real danger.
>>
I grew up with Zelda but don't really give a shit about it anymore.

Breath of the wild literally looks like the Zelda that older Zelda's were trying to be. It looks fantastic.
>>
>>341574853
In terms of how technically impressive it is, yes. Thanks to modern technology it'll surpass the old ones by leaps and bounds in that regard.

In terms of how badly you'd want to wake up at 5am just to squeeze a few more hours in before school (work now). Probably not.
>>
>>341574853
Go play the 2D Zelda games. Those are what the game is going to be most like in that they have more freedom to do what you want, secrets to find, places to explore as opposed to the 3D games which are more story heavy and restrictive.
>>
It's gone back to the roots of the original LoZ.

It looks amazing.
>>
>>341575112
>objectively average
Which ones did you play?

Feel free to name me some games that are better at making you feel like you're actually adventuring and exploring. I'd legitimately like to play them.
>>
>>341575112
Zelda was innovative in terms of mechanics, however most stuff was very hit or miss, the cool mechanics were pirated by other games while the shitty ones were forgotten.

This is also why Zelda games have aged so badly, with the exception of ALttP and MM, despite none of them being my favorite.
>>
>>341574853
Well, they intentionally making it as the old ones, so it's suposed to be that good. It's the most expensive and developed Nintendo game ever so if it's not at least 9/10 they may well just end themselves. All their prestige as game devs and the Zelda franchise their putting it on this.

The game feels a lot like a mix between Dragon's Dogma, Shadow of the Colossus, it's not just classic Zelda.

It also has some Dark Souls vibes to it (they always been similar in their combat, but this one has some particular similarities, since this seems to be more punishing apparently). Also the open world doesn't seem empty but it's more like a mix of sandbox (literally as in do whatever you want with many cool tools) plus some "survival-ish" elements, and +100 hand crafted shrines and little secrets nintendo style etc, and the temples, of course, which they havent shown anything yet.

I havent bought anything Nintendo has done since the Wii, but I'm partially optimistic with this one. I might end getting it an NX if it offers better experience (performance wise at the very least), if not I'd just but a Wii U I guess.

I havent been hyped for a videogame in years, not gonna start now, but I'm starting to think that this is gonna be either a big shit or The Game.
>>
>>341575815
Skyrim if you're looking for the "easy fun", Dark Souls 2 if you like challenging games.
>>
>>341575257
what a dumb statement
>>
>>341576003
>Skyrim
End thyself.
>DaS2
I agree. But its funny cause the best part of the game (the 1st DLC) is the one that its more similar to Zelda games.

Either way, kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>341575257
This. Skyrim and Ocarina of Time are my favorite games of all time and this looks incredible.
>>
>>341576003
>Skyrim
You best be baiting. Skyrim doesn't feel like an adventure at all. The exploration is meaningless because there is nothing to be found. You always know what you should be doing because the quests are all explained to you and markers give everything away.

>Dark Souls 2
I could've agreed with you if you said Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, or Bloodborne. Still, I get the sentiment. Souls does actually feel like a legitimate adventure, essentially being a darker combat driven Zelda.
>>
>>341574853

I'd like for it to be good, and it looks promising, but Zelda's been disappointing me for ten years with only one game that hasn't (ALBW), so I'm afraid Nintendo will fuck it up somehow.

May as well play some of the older ones while you wait, it's going to be awhile.
>>
>>341576102
I never said Skyrim was good or fun, but you are in denial if you say it doesn't make you feel like you are exploring, that the world is mostly empty and random dungeon #31532 has nothing interesting in it is a different issue.

But don't fucking tell me you didn't wonder "what's behind that X" and went all the way just to find out.
>>
>>341575815
Not him, but

>adventure
>exploration
This is essentially nonexistant outside of ALTTP.

WW had the potential to be an amazing exploration game, but the world design was too dull to make it interesting. All those boring small islands / watchtowers / submarines copypasted after the same distance of water all neatly arranged in quadrants, they were all the same and felt like a chore.

All the other 3d games have really not that much going for them, for example OoT is clearly babby's first exploration world/game, it's really really empty and small.

As for better alternatives? All the usual CRPGs, Skies of Arcadia, La Mulana come to mind. Maybe DQVII and VIII. Though good exploration and adventure are in general rare in videogames.

Hell, I'd say even SM64 and B&K1 and 2 have better world design than your average Zelda title. Their hubs have more interesting things than most zelda worlds have to offer.
>>
>>341576347
Well, you are right, but that sensation only last like what, 10 hours?
>>
>>341575815

I've played Zelda 1, LttP, Link's Awakening, OoT and WW.

Just some of the games that were better include: Shadow of The Collosus, Ico, Dark Cloud 1&2, Secret of Mana, Startropics, even some lesser known titles like Pitfall on PS2/Xbox/GC had exploration and fun gameplay Zeldafags would kill for and don't want to cop up to.

Now since I've played and listed all of those games, can you tell me why I'm wrong? ... Or no, you won't because all you fucking play is Zelda and defend it like your crackhead parents.
>>
>>341576262
>The exploration is meaningless because there is nothing to be found
I spent most of my run hunting down daedra shrines, shout walls, and unique weapons
>>
>>341576421
10 hours is more than most games offer nowadays.

Also, to be honest I'm actually worried that the game looks too much like Skyrim, I don't want to realize after 50 hours of playing that I've spend most of the time going from point A to point B just to see what's there and usually end up dissapointed.
>>
>hating on Skyrim
>loves the new Zelda
Kill yourselves. Enjoy those 800 generic shrines and marked objectives everywhere, double-standards drones.
>>
>>341576681
Nah, you will be exploring, playing with your powers, discovering secrets, new mechanics, characters, little nintendo-like secrets, fishing, w/e. The main theme I guess, will be discovering the location of the Temples. And according to the first development rumours, some temples are huge as in fucking big that you dont even reaize you're on a Temple at first. I think they can actualy deliver a good open world game. But I dont want to hype myself too much.
>>
>>341576875
>marked objectives everywhere
I haven't seen any of that. Other than the voice at first "wake up, take this, go fuck yourself". But I haven't seen all the footage. Nothing seems to sugest any of that, but I might be wrong.
>>
>>341576579
I've played all the games you mentioned except Dark Cloud.

The difference is in how the game presents its world and structures the exploration. The best Zelda games don't give you small marked quests, they just give a large goal and you figure out all the smaller goals that need to be attained to reach the end. Sometimes this can be on a smaller scale, like in LA where it's just about figuring out how to get into the next dungeon, but the point is that because of this the exploration actually has a purpose.

Shadow of the Colossus and Pitfall do this quite well. Secret of Mana doesn't because you're essentially funneled into the next area, and even when you're not, it's always evident what to do. I love the game, and it does feel like an adventure, but not in the same way. It's not carried by level design and exploration, but it's just more about the journey and combat.

> Or no, you won't because all you fucking play is Zelda and defend it like your crackhead parents.
You know, we could've had a proper discussion here if you weren't such a provocative idiot.
>>
>>341574853
This new Zelda game is nothing like the others really, the others have a linear path while this is open world. You could love this game but hate the others, its a different experience.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.