[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good of a deal is buying a PSP Vita for $100? I know it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: psvita.jpg (112 KB, 800x425) Image search: [Google]
psvita.jpg
112 KB, 800x425
How good of a deal is buying a PSP Vita for $100? I know it's on life support but I want to play weeb shit that probably won't be ported
>>
Are you looking to play just a few specific games? If so, check out the PS TV's compatibility list to see if your games are on there. I see that go on sale for ~$30 sometimes.

If you're set on the handheld, does that $100 include a memory card? If not, you can probably get a better deal buying a used one with a memory card included.

If you do indeed like stupid weeb shit it's not quite as dead as the internet would lead you to believe.
>>
Sweet mother of titties, when will these people start a thread about the list of games they are interested in.

/thread
>>
>>341564507
>>341565558
Well, being more specific I'm mostly interested in Danganronpa AE, Dragon's Crown, Persona 4 Golden and Corpse Party, but I'd like to expand to other games as well
>>
>>341565962
I just finished Soul Sacrifice Delta and it was my favorite Vita game so far by a long shot. I'd heartily recommend it if the hunting genre interests you even a little.
>>
>>341563905
Vita is basically the land of flowing milk and honey if you're a weeb, I can guarantee you will not be disappointed anon
>>
>>341563905
horrible deal. Vita has no games. You're better off with a Ouya.
>>
>>341563905
That's a great deal, you wont find it cheaper so pick it up.
>>
Well, consider it pretty much a full $200 if you plan on getting a memory card. The 64gb one is around $90. Other than that, I love mine.
>Soul Sacrifice Delta
>Muramasa Rebirth
>Persona 4 Golden
>Tearaway
>EDF 2 and a digital port of 2017
>lots of dungeon crawlers
>Shiren the Wanderer 5+ next month
>PS1 games with unlimited button mapping
>PSP games with limited button mapping
A lot of people will complain about the ports, but I see nothing wrong with having console games updated AND portable.
Also, what model are you getting? Does it have circle shaped start and select or oval shaped?
>>341568949
Oh, so you don't own either of them. Okay.
>>
>>341570245
I should've also added that you don't NEED a 64gb unless you want a lot of digital games on there.
Personally, I only have 32gb, which fit most of the things I wanted, but I would rather have more.
>>
>>341570418
I have exclusively digital games and my 16 GB works. I got it for $20 on Black Friday last year. I do have to delete games when I'm done, but I can easily back up the data on my PC and there's enough room for one or two long-term games like EDF or SSD in addition to the 1-3 games I'm actively playing.
>>
>>341563905
For $100? Go for it. It's a great handheld and if you're joining late, you cut out most of the wait time for games to come out.
>>
>>341570641
I have a LOT of PS1 and PSP games on mine, though. I know the PS1 games I have take up around 10gb. Might not be a problem if you only have a few PS1 games.
>>
>>341570848
You really don't have to have them all installed at once.
>>
I've heard that I have to backup saves manually on Vita if I don't have PS+. Is this true?
>>
>>341570925
True, BUT it's convenient.
>>
A Vita at $100 is definitely not a bad price. The memory card prices is where they absolutely get you, though.
>>
>>341571610
Do they use their own set of memory cards? Or is it an SD?
>>
>>341571957
It uses unique Vita memory cards and they're super overpriced compared to typical cards of the same size. It's one of the shittiest aspects of the system. I avoided getting burned too bad because I got mine on sale and didn't mind a smaller card, but the everyday pricing is dumb.
>>
>>341571957
What >>341571957 said. A 64GB SD/micro SD card will run you around $20 if you look at the right place. However, Sony thought it'd be nice to make the Vita use proprietary memory cards, which a 64GB one costs almost the same price as the handheld itself new.
>>
>>341563905
I just bought one for $80, it's worth it so far. I'm getting a lot of play out of the Sly Cooper collection, haven't even touched the 4 other games I bought for it. I used to think I'd never touch a Vita, I was content with my 3DS, but after owning one I see I was definitely missing out. The only thing I've found as a problem is that the cartridges aren't sold anywhere but gamestop any more so you basically have to keep all your games digitally, which means buying jewny's special microSD card.
>>
>>341563905

It's good for weeb games, that's about it.

I literally only bought a Vita for Persona 4 Golden and weeb games.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.