[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can two games from the same publisher looks so different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9
File: platinum.jpg (111 KB, 639x429) Image search: [Google]
platinum.jpg
111 KB, 639x429
How can two games from the same publisher looks so different quality wise? Nier looks amazing whilst Scalebound looks incredibly dull. What's going on?

Scalebound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ZVMU_KA-M

Nier Automata: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StXRi5zPPjk
https://youtu.be/oYfHmaVaRT4?t=2h1m15s
>>
>nier looks amazing

no
>>
>>341538151
>Microsoft and Square Enix are the same company
>>
Just as a note, the framerate in the first 20 seconds of the Nier Automata demo is kind of weird, it's fine after that though.
>>
>>341538151
>Publisher

Typical level of retardation from a Sonygger.
>>
>>341538315
>>341538340
Sorry, developer.
>>
>>341538151
>How can two games from the same publisher looks so different quality wise? Nier looks incredibly dull whilst Scalebound looks amazing. What's going on?

ftfy
>>
>>341538151

Nier: Let's go crazy and do crazy things

Scalebound: Our focus testing group shows 51% of gamers today prefer slower combat so they dont feel overwhelmed
>>
>>341538563
>Hideki Kamiya
>Focus group

lol
>>
>>341538757
It's seriously like you retards pretend he didn't work on shit like Okami and can only make fast paced action games.
>>
>>341538151
Nier is being directed by Takahisa Taura, the youngest project lead ever at Platinum, eager to prove himself as a competent action game developer.

Scalebound is being directed by Hideki Kamiya, who basically invented 3D action games, bored of rehashing the same stylish combat and eager to prove/remind he can do more than just make games about juggling enemies.

Taura is terrified of making a game like Scalebound because nobody would take him seriously as a director if he did. Kamiya is so bored of making games like Nier Automata he's intentionally refused to do it again.
>>
>>341538151

>a shitty debug desert level with random enemies spawned looks amazing

epic standards you have there
>>
How high are you? they both look like trash
Like they looked at game 3/4 of the way through development and went "yea thats good, ship it"
>>
>>341538151
B team
>>
>>341538151

The multiplayer combat looked like an MMO raidboss or something.

That isn't the case in singleplayer right?
>>
Platinum is not in charge of Nier.

That's why it looks good.

They are at their best when you tell them how fucking retarded they are and to stfu with their stupid shit.
>>
>>341539332
>Platinum is not in charge of Nier

I don't feel like looking for a reaction image to call you out on your bullshit.
>>
>>341539332
Taro is writing it. They're doing literally all of the game design. Taro has offered no input in terms of how it plays. He's even said so.
>>
>>341538151
>that scalebound trailer
God dam I am so fucking sick of e3 trailers where the protagonist will just not shut his mouth. Almost every e3 trailer in the past 4 years have had the main character constantly thinking out loud like an asshole, and then when the game releases this annoying dialog is removed. Why do they do it? It doesn't make the gameplay seem any more "dynamic" it's just distracting and irritating.
>oh oh, it's shooting poison! Don't get hit by that!"
well fucking thanks, without that quip your shitsucking teammate might have mistaken those poison balls for a goddamn medkit.
>>
>>341539491
Is that so? Better cancel that pre-order then.
>>
>>341538151
the nier trailer looks good but the gameplay video was terrible. i think its the people's fault not the game's fault. Also at the end they talked about ''simplifying'' the controls i hope it doesnt become dull
>>
they both look pretty cool i would lean more towards scalebound because it looks like it might have more content and i can play it with my friends who get the game.
>>
>>341538151
Because they're made by completely different dev teams who just work for the same company who have completely different visions and completely different goals for completely different publishers.

>>341538873
Taura and his team are doing the gameplay design. He's not the director.
>>
>>341538151
>New looks amazing
Good job outing yourself as a retard in the very first post. The game looks like shit.
>>
>>341539491
>Taro has offered no input in terms of how it plays.
He's the fucking director. If he has offered no input in terms of how it plays then he isn't doing his job.
>>
>>341539849
Both games look like shit.

It's Platinum after all.
>>
Scalebound is an RPG
nier is an action game
>>
>>341538151
The only thing Nier has ever EVER been known for is its good music.
Gameplay and story wise it's always been dogshit.
Automata still looks like shit. Let's hope they get the OST right again.
>>
Holy fuck Nier looks so good. The beast clws, the weapon variety from the great sword to the pods that shoot and let you fly around.

So much fucking better than scalebound
>>
>>341540160
>i dont know anything about Nier and just listened to the OST
>>
>>341538151
Nier benefits from having a legit madman genius behind the world and aesthetics of the characters and enemies, whereas Scalebound just looks like Donte in Monster Hunter
>>
>>341540160
>dogshit story
I can understand all the other faults except this.
>>
>>341539491
You realize Yoko Taro is full of shit half the time he says anything right? Platinum has said that he has a lot more influence on the game than he lets one.
>>
File: yoko02.jpg (21 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
yoko02.jpg
21 KB, 300x400
>>
>>341538151
One has Kamyia.

The other has Yoko Taro.

It's easy to tell which one will be better.
>>
>>341538331
>the framerate in the first 20 seconds of the Nier Automata demo is kind of weird
I thought they slowed the video to show some useless shit.
>>
>>341539439
They're only doing the combat system, everything else is made by Square-Enix and Yoko Taro.
>>
Scalebound was retooled to be more of a multiplayer game I think.
>>
>Same publisher
Wow it's almost as if the publisher was fucking irrelevant other than for giving the company money and doing distribution/pr!
God fucking dammit OP learn your shit.
>>
Honestly OP you should have put the gamescom scalebound trailer in there too. Kamiya knows what he's doing and his experience with Bayo/DMC isn't gonna go to waste even if it's more RPG than action this time
>>
>>341538151
>scalebound
>dull

It was probably the top 3 games out of all conferences. It looked amazing and I can't wait to play co-op. If you think scalebound is shit you're troubled in the head.
>>
>>341547886
In the top 3*
>>
Can I pirate W10 games on previous versions of Windows?
>>
>>341538151
lmao that shit is just a redone of the first boss of drakengard 3
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 1280x720
>>341538151
The real question is
how the fuck Kamiya fucked up so bad?
>>
>>341548228
Corporate meddling too strong.
>>
>>341548219
No, it's harder than cracking Denuvo
>>
>>341548272
>Kamiya
>Letting corporate meddling ruin his childhood dragon wet dream

Are you retarded?
>>
File: lel.jpg (290 KB, 1320x720) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
290 KB, 1320x720
>>341538151
>Nier looks amazing

That's just the Taro dick in your mouth talking.
>>
>>341538151
I can't get over how shallow the combat of Scalebound seems.
>>
>>341548725
Then why does the combat look worse than that awful Korra game?
>>
>>341538151

Nier looks like budget shit

Though as a sonycuck it makes sense you defend any turd
>>
>>341539058

They ARE 3/4 of the way through development you fucking retard.
>>
>>341549078
Because it's an RPG with a shitload of weapons, skills and moves you haven't seen yet?

>Worse than Korra

Oh, nevermind. Thanks for answering my question.
>>
>>341549078
Player is shit like every M$ showing.
>>
Nier always had bad combat.

It's only good for the amazing OST,story line and characters
>>
>>341549274
That not an excuse for poor combat.
>>
>>341549220
Yoko Taro waifufag*

These idiots will defend Drakengard 3
>>
Bias
They still have you thinking nier is ps4 is exclusive. As soon as announced for PC you'll stop seeing it as anything special.
>>
As someone not invested in any console or game involved, I'm pretty amazed how horrible the gameplay for scalebound looked. I just dont see how someone cleared that for showing off.
>>
>>341549323
Too bad the OST seems like it'll be shit this time around. That main theme felt like an insult.
>>
>>341538151
Same reason Nier Automata looks amazing and FF15 looks like dogshit
>>
>>341538862
>Okami
>shit
kill yourself pronto
>>
File: 564654564545656.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
564654564545656.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>341549527
>>
>>341549456
Just like bayonetta for PC :^)
>>
>>341549682
Are you a brbrbr or something?
>>
>>341547886
>If you think scalebound is shit you're troubled in the head.
You can project all you want but it looked like absolute shit. The presentation was even worse than the previous one.
>>
File: 1456271527026.jpg (11 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
1456271527026.jpg
11 KB, 328x277
>>341549713
Listen to this shit and tell me it's fine in comparison to the first game's OST, you cockgobbling faggot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qd5juSzByU
>>
I've been saying it a while but Kamiya is a fucking hack.
>>
>>341547886
>being blind
>>
>>341538151
cause 1 game Platinum is just doing the combat system a chuazy one, their expertise, the other one seems to be Kamija experimenting
>>
Nier from what we've seen so far looks like just another action game combat wise. I don't mean that in a a bad way at all

Scalebound on the other hand is definitely Kamiya and his team going out of their element. All this hype about the dragon shit and half of the demo was him standing around shooting a bow or mashing attack, and when he is on the dragon it looks like some MMO shit with him almost sitting still just shooting shit out at a giant health pool that's not doing anything.
>>
>>341550183
No the pistol was for myself.
>>
>>341550183
Listen to this shit and tell me it's not better than the majority of the first game's OST, you dumb fuck.

https://youtu.be/i-o2EtUOtNg
>>
>>341550382
>kamiya's a hack
>kojima's a hack

Are there any good developers left?
>>
>>341550945
this is spot-on, it didn't feel like it was playing to Platinum's strengths at all
>>
>>341550945
Such a good thing for Nier mixing the awesome music and story with actualy decent combat.

I think we can all argee at this point Scalebound looks shit and boring.
>>
>>341551172
Yoko Taro :^)
>>
>>341551282
All of the gameplay I've seen from Nier, the combat looks fun because it's fast paced, but it also just looks so . . . easy. Honestly the only other platinum game I've played is Bayonetta, and I loved it, and that game wasn't super challenging, but Nier looks to be considerably easier. But i don't know, maybe it's just because the people demoing it are good enough to make it look easy.
>>
>>341551282
Yeah, every time I see shit about Nier 2 I can still barely believe its happening. It still sounds like some shit you'd see in one of those threads where someone throws random game series and developers that get talked about on /v/ a lot together. Not only did someone do it but the game itself actually looks good.

>>341551235
I hope to god they figure out something before release, after churning out all these mediocre Activision games I would hate to see one of their big titles turn out so awful.
>>
>>341538151
easy
one focuses on multiplayer
the other doesn't
>>
>>341551034
That still sounds considerably worse than the OST for the first game, even Ar tonelico sounds better.
>>
>>341551965
isn't all the footage from early game? I imagine it'll get harder later on
>>
>>341552210
>That still sounds considerably worse than the OST for the first game
Absolutely not, fix your ears or something.
>>
>>341552503
No, it does. The arrangement still can't top songs like Hills of Radiant Winds, much less even come close to Song of the Ancients. Maybe you should learn something about music before talking shit, or at the very least fix your horrid taste.
>>
>>341552724
They're entirely different. This one is more like a successor to Blu-Bird.
>Hills of Radiant Winds
It's not even that good.
>>
>>341538151
Microsoft sucks the life out of developers

>Peter Molyneux
>Sakaguchi
>Yu Suzuki
>Inafune

Now we can add Hideki Kamiya to that list.
>>
Scalebound is being made to cater to dudebros since it's on Xbox One.

It literally looks more like a Ubisoft game than a Platinum one.
>>
File: 2de.jpg (26 KB, 338x338) Image search: [Google]
2de.jpg
26 KB, 338x338
>Fighting
>In high heels
What the actual fuck
>>
>>341553454
PS4 is more of a dudebro console than the Xbone at this point, bud.
>>
>>341553454
Mate the highest selling game on both consoles is Black Ops 3 and GTA V
>>
>>341553561
It's not more, and will never be. It just has everything and is more popular. Weebs buy it, dudebros buy it, any other groups you could come up with. While hardly anyone but a dudebro would buy and XBO.
>>
>>341549682
English not your first language?
The saying "shit like" means "stuff like", it doesn't mean they're calling it shit. It's just a way to state 'stuff like' with more flare so to speak.
>>
>>341554352
>flare
its flair btw
>>
>>341553454
exclusives literally do not matter to casuals
>>
>>341554963
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
Should I play Nier Gestalt or Replicant?
>>
>>341538331
>>341544021

Nah, someone fucked up the recording.
>>
>>341558576
you can only play gestalt
>>
>>341557443
>Doubles advocate
He's retarded
>Intensive purposes
God damn, dude. Why the fuck...
>Diamond Dozen
He's fucking with us
>>
>>341559041
Why presume everyone is an EOP?
>>
>>341557443
shut up ricky
>>
>>341559197
>eating pasta
He's fucking with us
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.