[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>All the pre OoT games are effectively in a non-Canon timeline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: ZeldaTimeline.jpg (279 KB, 800x1092) Image search: [Google]
ZeldaTimeline.jpg
279 KB, 800x1092
So they retroactively turned OoT into a reboot?
>>
>>341499063
>non-Canon timeline
>>
>>341499263
Link being defeated is literally a what if scenerio
>>
>>341499482
they're all what if scenarios
>>
Breath of the Wild is right after Wind Waker.
>>
>>341499614
no the other two lines actually make sense with OoT's ending and is supported by MM and WW. The defeated timeline cannot coexist with those two or OoT as Link clearly won in OoT. And it doesn't get the support from the games.
>>
>>341500114
You must mean PH. So you think the land is the new Hyrule seen in spirit Tracks? Someone in Tetra's cew is still alive so i don't see it.
>>
Weird how the only good games are in the timeline where Link hypothetically dies.

>Series is LITERALLY better if we pretend everything after OoT never happened.
>>
>>341502246
>implying everything in child timeline isn't great

I will agree adult timeline is shit though.
>>
>>341499614
Hoo boy do you have some reading to do on parallel universes.

"Henry"
>>
>>341499614
link dead timeline feels like an asspull when the past timeline that got made was shown onscreen with the time travel at the end of OOT and supported in wind waker's intro. link ded timeline makes comes entirely out of nowhere and clearly exists to be a hasty way of seperating the games that exist from lttp onward from the game that sets up lttp (FSA) in order to clear space in the timeline for a game that takes place after the revival of a ganon with the trident.
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 768x767) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 768x767
>"Remake" Ocarina of Time
>Don't add in alternate endings that were supposedly cut due to budget
>"Remake"
>"Remake"
>"Remake"
>5 Hour "Sequel"
>Cash Cow

Can't wait for this new game. It will be fantastic because I love Nintendo and their no games. Please buy a Wii U and an NX, don't forget the new Pokemon and Treehouse's latest pissfest!
>>
>>341506520
>alternate endings
first I've heard of it. Any word on what was supposed to decide the ending?
>>
>>341507402
It was decided purely on the Ganon fight, if I'm recalling right.

There were like two way to defeat him, or you could die to him. Barely anything, but would've been just another revolutionary thing OoT could have been remembered for. The ideas inclusion in the official timeline was weird, but when I heard OoT was being somewhat remade for the 3DS I thought for sure they'd put it in.
>>
Where do the CD-i games fit into the timeline?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1000x800
>>341509050
>>
>>341508383
Die ending just sounds like a specialized game over screen. I highly doubt they ever intended a three way split.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 600x801) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 600x801
>>341510689
Well, Ideally there would have been a cutscene and an epilogue, but budget supposedly became an issue so it was scrapped until the Official Timeline came out when a dead concept was revived...and then killed again, but it's still there like the force ghost of Hayden Christensen.

I guess budget was an issue in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016 and 101,000,000 Wii sales later.
>>
>>341512267
I mean, what remake has ever actually added "thing they said was suppoed to be in the game"?
>>
>>341514073
http://w11.zetaboards.com/Tactics_Ogre_Forums/topic/7786365/1/

For better or worse, Let Us Cling Together was a true remake.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.