[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever cheated in a game, /v/? By cheating I mean using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: aimbot.jpg (68 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
aimbot.jpg
68 KB, 800x450
Have you ever cheated in a game, /v/? By cheating I mean using third party software (aimbot, wallhacks, etc) and not cheats accessible in the game.

What game?
Why?
Were you ever noticed/kicked/banned?
>>
>>341494485
No, never. I'm not a faggot.
>>
>>341494485
Last time was when I was a kid, cheat engine in dragon/adventure quest.
>>
no
i dont see the point of it
>>
>>341494485
MGS V for FOB missions, just to steal a nuke then milk points for defending my FOB. Even defended against another cheater but he was shit at it.
>>
>>341494857
Dragon fable*
>>
>>341494485
Cheating is for faggots.
>>
>>341494732
This.
>>
Used cheat engine to make builds faster in Dark Souls

That's it.
>>
>>341494485
No, I just don't think I'd have fun with that.
I like seeing people use it on youtube videos(assuming they're funny, like stgggs).
>>
I used a winbot for Brood War sometimes, mostly to give joke accounts thousands of losses
>>
File: laughing elf man.jpg (16 KB, 255x352) Image search: [Google]
laughing elf man.jpg
16 KB, 255x352
I cheat in literally every single game. I play for the plot exclusively, I don't give a flying fuck about the gameplay.

I don't remember the last time I started a game and didn't give myself a gorillion gold right off the bat, and that's just for starters.
>>
>>341494485
>Have you ever cheated in a game, /v/? By cheating I mean using third party software (aimbot, wallhacks, etc) and not cheats accessible in the game.
Yes, but only in single player games. I'm not enough of a faggot to cheat in multiplayer unless everyone else is doing it, and doing it for fun as well.
>>
>>341494485
never I hate even cheating in offline games only "cheats" I use is models swaps and similar shit in console games while on PC i use mobs
>>
>>341494485
>single player
When I was small, EVERY game I had. Before I got any FPS, beforehand I had to make sure there are cheats for god mode (can't die). I remember R6 Raven shield: you had to turn it on in every mission again. I forget once and got shot. I remember that head shot with screen going black and 90 degrees with loud death voice since then. Terrible experience.

I was so scared of dying, even in a game.

In strategies I always had to cheat resources because I sucked at them, still AoE2 best game ever: ROBIN HOOD.

Now I play always on the hardest difficulty. I still sucks at strategies, but I don't do them now much, I switched to RPG mostly. Thinking back then I was such little pansy :-D

>online
Once for 2 days in Counter Strike 1.6 on non-steam server. I just downloaded some wall hack. To minimize chances of being banned I went to server with 40/40 match. The best part was when I was able to tell other players with wall hack, because we were staring at each other thru walls and waiting for other to move out from camp place :-)

Still pretending to hit blindly people through doors in dust 2 was very fun experience. When I was like last man standing, I knew everybody were watching me, so I sometimes let some camper to kill me. After 2 days of shenanigans I got rid of it.
>>
It's strange, I used cheats when I was younger yet still enjoyed every game I played immensely and spent days on them. Now, I try to play on the hardest difficulty without cheats to try and get the most out of the game, but I normally find ways to exploit the AI or notice obvious design tropes that solves a puzzle or whatever that I enjoy games a lot less and complete them much faster than I would have when I was younger.

I'd like to imagine a game like the witcher 3 would have taken me months to complete when I was younger. But now as a NEET, I complete games like that in days.
>>
>>341494485
Hacking in scoutzknivez is some of the best schadenfreude.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 600x600
>>341494485
>knew a guy on steam
>had a 12 year old steam account
>no bans or anything, tons of games and csgo/tf2 skins worth a lot
>plays left4dead 2
>tells me about how he's now using a wall hack in pvp
>tell him he's stupid and going to get banned
>"lol bro it's a high tier one, I paid for it so its undetectable"
>2 weeks later
>1 VAC BAN(s) on record 0 days since last ban

he abandoned the account and now has a new bare bones account as his main.
>>
Not really cheating but more of a "fuck you fuck me fuck this" kinda deal, before they patched the Striker in MW2 you could theoretically fire it at an unlimited RPM. So, I'd throw on extended mags and bump my modded controller to the highest setting, fire the gun, and immediately kick everyone back to the lobby. Really stupid but fun to fuck people over that actually cheated in that game.
>>
>>341495126
If they're legal builds, it doesn't really count. IE you could have done it by grinding for 20 hours. I had a massive debate about this and it's just silly to force you to do so much if you're just in it for the PVP - and this is coming from someone who generally avoids PVP. You be you son
>>
>>341494485
In Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.
I was pissed at the random loot boxes to acquire upgrades, and even more pissed at the fact they sold them with microtransactions.
Since for some god forsaken reason the value of in-game money you had for the multiplayer was stored on your pc, I just used cheat engine to buy loot boxes until I had literally every item to max level.
Played for a few weeks, called it quit.
When I came back to it months later I'd been banned, but by then the game was $15. Didn't buy it again though, and I just laid it to rest.
>>
i cheat in mvm to farm weapons and sell them
>>
File: bloodgulch.jpg (39 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
bloodgulch.jpg
39 KB, 800x600
My friends and I would cheat in Halo PC with "glass hacks" and an aimbot. When someone accused us of cheating the others would say "aimbots for Halo don't exist dipshit"
>>
>>341499895
Anybody who didn't do that was a chump.
Best part is the game doesn't even have a support team anymore, so you're free to do whatever you want with no consequences.
>>
>>341494485
I used cheats in Diablo 2 to have a chance at playing open battlenet. I made my character as overpowered as possible with full items and charms at the max stats the program would let me do. I hopped in a PvP server and got 1 shot by a guy that had a better program.

I also used maphack and had about 6 bots running in normal battlenet.
>>
>>341495445
Single player games are no probem. I think OP meant something like multiplayer, to give you a distinct advantage over another player unfairly.
Singleplayer cheating is fine and always has been.
>>
>>341494732
First post always the most relevant post.
But I only equate this with online games.

I miss the Gamegenie/shark days.
>>
>>341500779
That sounds cool. Can you still hack money? Might pick it up for cheap to play with some friends if the need arises.
>>
Used cheat engine to give me lots of cracked red orbs because I fucking hate the four kings and just didn't want to fight them just for the covenant. Then I proceeded to grief around lvl15 in Undead Parish with a +15 Zweihander.
>>
i cheat exclusively in multiplayer games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfrAQhuOeJc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGbhJG0sogQ
can you honestly tell me playing games properly is more fun than the shit like this that happens when you cheat?
>>
>>341501217
Yeah, still just as easy.
>>
>>341501720
>trump supporter
*inhale*.........*sigh*.......
just another racist misogynist
>>
>>341494485
i've used the models you can see through walls in tf2 and css specifically to fuck with people winning with stupid shit like melee only scout before that was really popular with certain loadouts or for the zombie mod in css. never really used them for competitive type stuff or for playing seriously, takes the fun out.
>>
>>341494485
Online? Nah, that shit's not fun for anyone. Singleplayer is a whole different thing though.
>>
I used to cheat whenever I got blatantly cheated on against in CSGO.

And yes, I know I was just creating a dumb cycle of people cheating to get back at other cheaters.

Only got banned on two accounts. Both lasted for like 2 months.
>>
>>341494485
I do it on Private MW2 servers to piss off the hue hue hue
>>
File: ferociousdumpo.png (4 KB, 361x391) Image search: [Google]
ferociousdumpo.png
4 KB, 361x391
>>341494485
I don't really use third party cheats because there's not enough jokes I can do. I've only cheated or used bugs in an online environment to destroy things I hate.
I remember abusing the unconnected glitch to fuck with people in games I disliked. It was also funny because I was better than them at playing these games.

I really want to hack something like dota or CS:GO but none of the hacks have the kind of artistic merit I'm looking for. I guess if I played cs:go I could move by ONLY stutter stepping and then using an aimbot.
>>
>>341501720
Got anymore cheating videos like this

These are quite entertaining
>>
File: 5.jpg (53 KB, 480x310) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
53 KB, 480x310
>>341495445
>I play for the plot exclusively

I don't even give a shit about the cheating, but you are officially the biggest retard on 4chan right now.
>>
I used to use public cheats for a while and I would always stop using them after a few days and wait for a new version to avoid bans. I also used mathacks in Source games too and never got found out.

Now I just use AHK scripts if they're available to get an edge.
>>
I was a script kiddie in Maplestory way back
>>
>>341494485
mgsv cuz fuck konami
>>
File: 1451352147731.jpg (11 KB, 192x146) Image search: [Google]
1451352147731.jpg
11 KB, 192x146
Street Fighter V
Gave myself max health to do Survival mode challenges.
No, and I never will. Crapcum can't put in a ragequit system OR a fucking leaderboard for Survival, and costume unlocks are clientside, how the fuck are they gonna find out I'm doing this?
>>
I use a mod menu in GTA5, both single player and Online.

I also use a save editor in _____COC
>>
>>341494485
I fucked around in Dark Souls. There was some fun stuff you could do with Cheat Engine like changing the moveset a weapon has, giving it crazy effects, or changing the projectiles fired for spells.

In Dark Souls 2 you could change the type of phantom you were, so I would invade someone and then change into a white phantom and help them out.
>>
I cheated once in Counter-Strike 1.6 back in 2004 because I was 12 years old.
>>
i only cheat in Single player games for gameplay purposes
>>
>>341503625
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SUEhamThho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRpAbP_8T_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vLfy6AsMmM
>>
Used LMAOBOX on an alternate Steam Account in TF2.

Wanted to see what it was like and to have a little deviation to the normal.

Account banned after about 20 minutes by vac, since it was the free version of Lmaobox, but I never went back to it.
>>
>>341494485
Starcraft: Brood War, but mostly just to eliminate annoyances in certain UMS games and make colorful text to wow the noobs
>>
>>341494732

/thread
>>
>>341494485
Online? Never.

I once used cheat engine to recover my stats as close as possible in E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy after I lost my save due to their retarded save system, though.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.