[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Absolver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: s1.jpg (396 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
s1.jpg
396 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJxqFC4Eokk
I've been following the game since it was first announced, and now I'm even more excited.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 1334x750
Combat looks well done. Multiple stances each with customizable attack strings.

And those fucking comfy ass visuals.
I need a release date
>>
>>341484671
i hope its like blade symphony but finished and made by competent devs

actually i just want JK2

arent these people ex-ubisoft tards or something though
>>
>>341486505
Its probably the retards behind "Remember Me'' and the no-so great combat it had.
>>
I'm so excited for this. Combat reminds me a bit of God Hand
>>
>>341486505
>>341486838
This is the first game project of Sloclap, a bunch of Ubisoft ex-pats who worked on Watch Dogs and Ghost Recon.

It's being published by Devolver Digital.
>>
>>341486014
Nice, does the game have juggles?
>>
Looks pretty fun. I'll definitely buy it with my friends.
>>
>>341487916
They mentioned stuns being a thing. The guy parries a lot in the video. Parrying gives you invincibility frames to gain an advantage rather than stunning your opponent
So no shit souls combat is confirmed
>>
I hope they find some god tier net code programmers. If not it's going to be horrendous.
>>
finally a somewhat decent looking game with martial arts that isnt batman QTE or a fightan.
>>
>>341484671
Combat seems kinda dull and somewhat slow.
Game looks pretty good just sucks that its only going to be an online only game with no campaign. Thing is this game doesn't have many people interested in it so multiplayer will die off real soon.
>>
>>341490781
But it does have a campaign?
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 434x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 434x400
>>341490781
>>
>>341490781
Not if Devolver is publishing the game, which they are.
>>
>>341484671

Gameplay needs to be sped up. It's too slow. It doesn't make sense for kung-fu masters or whatever to be punching and kicking that slow.
>>
>>341484671
another one for the list, then.
>>
>>341491549
fuckable?
>>
>>341492404
I don't want the game to be maximum CUHRAYZEE, though. Plus, a big portion of the game is on counterplay, so if the game goes too fast, you leave some people in the dust.
>>
>>341494654
And if the game goes too slow, it feels and looks like shit. I don't care about what moves some crippled grandma is capable of pulling off. Leave them in the dust, it's where they belong.
>>
>>341496329
This isn't mortal kombat faggot.

The slow pacing is there to encourage strategy
>>
>>341493828
I like this style
>>
>>341493828
Bottom half of this image show some similarities but much of this is stretching. Including Absolver here would also be a stretch.
>>
>>341496819
No, it's obviously there because you can have upwards of 3 downies all slapping each other at a time. It's because they've purposefully limited their game in order to appeal to people who can barely beat Dark Souls. I mean, it's not like we don't already have an entire fucking genre about players fighting other players... a fighting game, if you will. Something to note is that most titles in this genre are at least twice as fast as what was shown in the video. Even fucking Smash Brothers leaves this game in the dust, and that shit is for all ages.
>>
>>341498829
It's very obviously to develop the counter system and make actually watching and reacting to attacks rewarding. There's literally nothing objectively "correct" about speed, it's just taste.
>>
I don't mind fast combat (Ninja Gaiden etc.) and I don't mind slower combat (this game reminds me of Hybrid Heaven without menus). The only universal thing I want in all action games is a sense of weight/impact/oomph to hits, which this game seems to provide. Keeping an eye on it.
>>
>>341498829
>This game isn't EXTREMEE and is therefore pandering to casuals
Fuck off
>>
>>341496819
>mortal kombat
>fast
hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>341486505

>i hope its like blade symphony

Why that game is fucking trash
>>
>>341492404
>>341496329
>>341498829
Have you never actually seen real people fight? They said in the video they're trying to go with realism and to make it feel like actual punching. The characters are trying to kill each other with their bare hands, they're not going to flap their fists around in choreographed love taps like a chinese action movie.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.