[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like this game again? It controls like absolute
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: JSR-1[1].jpg (150 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JSR-1[1].jpg
150 KB, 1280x720
Why do people like this game again?
It controls like absolute ass, looks completely abysmal, the game itself is unoriginal as it's just a bad tony hawk

I feel like instead of releasing a music album they made a shitty game with it and released that instead
>>
People loved the art style and presentation, and the soundtrack made the game. It's one of the first real implementations of cel-shading.
>>
>controls like ass

Sure.

>looks abysmal

Stopped reading right there
>>
the controls do take a while to get used to, but once you get it down the game is a blast to play
>>
>>341457153
You should have played it when it came out, I mean I know you weren't born yet, but still. Just something to consider before giving your opinion.
>>
style over substance done well
>>
because rollerblades are cool
>>
>>341457153
Its a really cool game.

Though its not a great game.
>>
>>341457765
Like I said, it's just a bad tony hawk's pro skater
I'm sorry you only got to play one game when you were a kid so you thought it was good
>>
Music
Artstyle
Presentation
>>
What the fuck, /v/.

What the fucking fuck.
>>
>>341458601
it is a great game tho and created a visual style that countless games have copied since. also had an incredible ost

lol jsr is a legit 10/10
>>
>>341459869

What do you expect anon? /v/ is full of underage shitters that are the first generation since 1983 to have grown up without a Sega console being a thing.
>>
>>341457153
EXTRA SUGAR, EXTRA SALT, EXTRA OIL, ?????, SHOUT OUT BON APPETIT, ????, YOU KNOW MY LOVE IS SWEET
>>
>>341460285
>legit 10/10

>b-but it has an art style many copied
>b-but the OST is good

nigga am I still on /v/ or did I move to reddit?
where the fuck is the /v/ that cares about gameplay first and foremost
>>
>>341461342
the gameplay is the best part, you retarded little faggot.
>>
BETTA WATCH THAT

COMIN' ATCHA
>>
Style over substance. Kinda like Beyond Good & Evil, another overrated game.

I love the artstyle and OST, but goddamn if those controls aren't ass.
>>
>>341461562
what part of it is so good?
the fact it's not original?
the fact the controls are the worst I've seen since PC SR2?
the fact that half the shit barely works?
>>
>>341461562
Not him, but we probably played two different games then. Because the simple act of grinding is overly complicated. The thing is that once you jump, everything goes to hell - you don't know where you're going to land, you have almost no air control, and you fall like a brick.

When I arrived at the third stage was when I truly saw how the controls are a bad. They give you a few missions like jumping from one rail to the other, but you may fail a ton of times because the controls aren't precise. In the first stage there wasn't any stage hazard, but since you can fall in the water in the third one, you can see where I'm getting at.
>>
>>341462480
ye, I agree that the controls are maybe a bit too nuanced and take a long time to master, but thats more of an issue of you just needing to git gud than it is with the game itself
>>
>>341457153
Because music and art style.

Jet Set Radio Future is better.
>>
>>341463673
>need to cross a gap by going over a crane
>jump on it nine times and fall off all nine times
>jump on it a tenth time and magically it suddenly grinds
>jump on it another time because I accidentally exited the area and it resets the mission
>doesn't grind again
nice

it wouldn't be such a problem if there was a dedicated grind button, but as it stands you have a 50/50 chance of grinding if you land on something and a 50/50 chance of grinding if you press A when close to it, else you'll jump off, so better hope you're not on a roof or something because then you get to climb back up
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.