[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this guy such an asshole to the kid? As someone who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 698x289) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 698x289
Why is this guy such an asshole to the kid?

As someone who was raised in a very diciplined environment the tough love element isnt new to me. I felt it was pretty cool the way he forced the boy into harsh responsibility. As shown at the end, he doesnt console him, despite wanting to, as a means to force independance on the child. He also helps him thrust the knife into the deer too.

But other areas seem to jump from caring but toughg parent into overly aggressive asshole. When he berates the boy for missing the shot, its just being a dick.

He also flipflops from being very caring to overly harsh. One minute the boy is completely in charge its "his hunt" next minute he cant shoot until instructed.

Is Kratos always a bipolar manchild incapable of thought before overeacting?

Guy also now looks like a stereotypical wife beater / lowkey child mollestor.
>>
>>341449990
>kid shoots him in the fucking shoulder
>doesnt snap his shit
>overacting manchild
stop
>>
>why is he such an asshole to the kid

He's not. Real Kratos would have strangled the kid and fucked Aphrodite on his corpse within seconds of meeting him
>>
Have you ever played a God of War game?
Being an asshole is Kratos' thing
>>
>>341450381
No. Should i play them in order?

Do the ps2 games emulate well?
>>
>>341449990
>When he berates the boy for missing the shot, its just being a dick
Did you not see the meter building up on the top left?
Kratos is trying to let go of his anger but he loses it and calms down quickly. He's still angry to what's happened to him and wants to be a good father that's why he flip flops between really fucking angry and calm father figure.
>>
>>341449990
>mother teaches the kid how to hunt
>experienced gain in tracking and bow

What?
>>
>>341450230
He tanked that arrow pretty good. Didnt even seem like it hurt him.
>>
>>341449990
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar59w0yrA_E
Go watch that.
>>
>>341449990
Why did they give Kratos a nu male beard?
Oh right, this is the same game series that removed any instances of violence against women because of feminists. This actually makes sense.
>>
>>341449990
Stop being a pussy.
I saw nothing wrong with what Kratos said to his kid in the trailer. Typical old school dad shit.
>>
>>341449990
The game has a rage meter, so keeping your cool and not snapping the kid in half seems to be a thing.
>>
>>341450276
Not true at all. Despite the meme about Kratos being an angry asshole, he has plenty of moments in 1-3 where he is shown to have very human emotions. He only goes full rage when dealing with his enemies and people who stand in the way of his vengeance
>>
>>341449990

>Is Kratos always a bipolar manchild incapable of thought before overeacting?

New to the series? Kratos is actually quite mellow here.
>>
>>341449990
Kratos grew up as a Spartan
He was raised like this
>>
>>341449990

Because Kratos is not a loving person
>>
>>341450461
play them in order for sure, you can probably skip all the PSP shit tho.
>>
>>341449990
>Why is this guy such an asshole to the kid?
because he's a man trying to teach his kid to also become one, you dick loving faggot
>>
>>341450461
If you have a ps3 you can get the collection that comes with 5 games for like 20 dollars at most.
They all play the same but hey
>>
>>341449990
>Guy also now looks like a stereotypical wife beater / lowkey child mollestor.
He murdered his family
>>
>>341451781
Huh? In GoW 3, you use a bitch to block some kind of mechanical contraption, brutally killing her in the process.
In GoW Ascension, you fight the furies, who are female. Plenty of other female enemies in the series. Harpies and Gorgons being just the most prominent examples.
>>
>>341449990
Kratos is not only a literal Spartan, he was also the literal greek God of War for a while after he killed Ares and took his position.
He also killed the entire greek pantheon of gods and fucked Mt. Olympus up.

Kratos' default emotion is angry.

He's actually quite calm and collected in this trailer.
>>
>>341451781
What? in the last game you murder the sisters what are you smoking
>>
>>341452848
They censored some brutal finisher on one of the female enemies in Ascension.
>>
File: 2074565-gow_ship_captain[1].jpg (10 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
2074565-gow_ship_captain[1].jpg
10 KB, 320x238
>>341452163
Try playing the actual games sometime
>>
>>341452616
How's GoW vita HD Collection?
>>
>>341453074
t. Angry captain
Finding him latter was funny
>>
kratos has always been a complete asshole toward everyone, why would he treat his kid any differently ?
>>
>>341452616
Emulation is free
>>
>>341451781
>Why did they give Kratos a nu male beard?
Why are you intimidated by facial hair? He's been living in the woods. Time has passed.
>>
>>341453074
He was a dick to Kratos first. Did YOU play the games?
>>
>>341453270
No idea sorry. Id recommend asking vitagen
>>
>>341453074
That guy isn't wrong, though. Kratos has always had a soft spot for his family. That's the whole drive of the series and what motivated his revenge fuckery.
>>
File: GoW2translator.jpg (37 KB, 800x616) Image search: [Google]
GoW2translator.jpg
37 KB, 800x616
>>341453285
Kratos literally kills every innocent bystander in his way in GoW 1 and 2. The civilians even give you health orbs for killing them in those games, which is a neat little trick they snuck in to get the player in Kratos' shoes, so to speak. It was only in God of War 3 they attemted to give him some sort of redeemable qualitiies, and it came across contrived as fuck
>>
>>341453046
They changed the name of a fucking trophy, didnt censor shit ingame
>>
I know that Kratos lost his god juice at one point by putting it all in the blade of olympus in GoW 2

but is he still a deity? it's been so long since I played 3 I can't remember
>>
>>341453270
Shit.

Get both collections on PS3 instead.
720p, 4x MSAA, updated Kratos model for CoO and GoW1 (Sparta and GoW2 already used the updated model), 60 FPS, 16x AF

Play in chronological order to appreciate the series the most.
Chains of Olympus -> God of War 1 -> Ghost of Sparta -> God of War 2 -> God of War 3

Ascension is chronologically first but it would feel like shit to go from that to pre-GoW3 games so I suggest playing that either after GoW2 or after GoW3.
>>
>>341451781
>ive never played any gow
>>
>>341453620
Oh, so it was just a PR stunt. So basically wow its fucking nothing, they didn't cave in at all.
>>
>>341453609
Needed their blood, not his fault that they served as human seals in his path, blame the gods for making it work that way
>>
>>341449990
When the fuck has Kratos EVER been a paragon of compassion or understanding? Hell, when has he been shown giving even half a fuck about someone else who wasn't his dead family? Being a rageaholic piece of shit is kind of his M.O.
>>
>>341453675
Nope, he was kicked out from Olympus at the start of GoW2.
He was a deity at the end of GoW1, throughout entirety of Ghost of Sparta and during the beginning of GoW2 tho.
In Ghost of Sparta you even visit Sparta at one point and everyone reveres you as a god.
>>
>>341453857
It was stupid has hell too, the trophy was about being saved in the last minute by the guy but people got triggered because a woman was killed a second before it pops up.
>>
>That one moment in GoW II where Kratos accidentally ends up killing the Last Spartan and he flips shit as he gives his last words to the man he followed and served his entire life

That was single handedly the best moment of that game for me and the moment that made me realise Kratos has some Human still in him
>>
>>341454270
Is Ascension worth playing? It's the only one I haven't played.
Currently replaying the PS2 and PSP originals on my PS3 since I played them on their original platforms years ago.
>>
File: TheProudPrince.jpg (77 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
TheProudPrince.jpg
77 KB, 630x630
>>341449990

>Kid shoots him in the chest with an arrow.
>Kratos pulls the arrow out and tells him the dear is getting away.

Yeah, what a total dick!! kek

>Also... why is everyone so sure that's his kid?
>>
>>341454570

kratos is no cuck
>>
Who's the mom by the way?
>>
>>341454570
Damn, I meant "deer" ... I better hurry and blame auto correct before some 13 year old troll points that out. kek
>>
Inb4 the kid turns out to be a red herring and dies early in the game motivating Kratos to become the assmad God of War as we know him
>>
Emulate 1 and 2 or deop cash on it?
>>
>>341454718
I know that... but why assume it's his son? This is a video game about a dude who kills gods. Is it not possible that he somehow tracked down a living descendant of his bloodline? Where (in time) is he?? Is it not possible that the kid IS him? I'm just not ready to assume he fucked another chick and started another family after avenging the family he lost... no way.
>>
>>341455176
The kid calls him "father."
>>
>>341455176
Because you deaf mother fucked the kid calls him father and the goddamn devs said it's his son
>>
This is the guy who literally pulled on a dude's head until it came off then used the head as a flashlight, shoved a woman into a mechanism to keep a gate open longer and destroyed the world just to get revenge. All he ever does is get angry and kill things, and you think it's weird for him to be a strict father?
>>
>>341455086
PS2 versions are locked at 30 FPS, you aren't getting the 2 other games (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta) and you don't get updated model for Kratos in GoW1. And his GoW1 model is really poor.

Just get all the games on PS3, with maybe the exception of GoW3 since that has a remaster on PS4.

What you want is HD Collection Volume 1 (GoW1 + GoW2), HD Collection Volume 2 (CoO + GoS), GoW3 and GoW Ascension.

All of those are on PS3, with all of them except 3 and Ascension being 60 FPS titles.
GoW3 has a PS4 port in 60 FPS, Ascension is PS3 exclusive.
>>
>>341451781

Beards and long hair often are used in media to imply maturity and hardship. Kratos is mature and living in the wild. For greeks, they have this same meaning, with spartans having the "beard and long hair make the beutiful more beatiul and the ugly more vicious" policy (long beard and hair also show that they are free, since slaves and young boys are shaved hairless by law). The only thing kratos shouldn't have is a moustache, but his design isn't historic accurate at all to begin with.
>>
Kratos better get his signature chain swords back.
>>
>>341455176
Why the fuck would this hard ass Spartan take care of some random ass kid? He probably only calls him boy because saying "son" would make him a weak little pansy boy.
>>
>>341455176
Avenging his family is most likely what finally made him able to move on. He avenged them, he fucked up Zeus and the Olympians, there was nothing else for him other than sudoku or moving on.
>>
>>341449990
He wasn't berating the kid for missing the shot. He did it because the kid was too reactionary. He didn't plan out correctly. He had told him earlier to be less kneejerk.
>>
>>341455176
I need to once again adjust my statement... I mean, I know Kratos fucks other chicks. It's actually a part of the games. kek

...but, I'm pretty sure he's the type of guy who pulls out to avoid starting another family..... that might eventually get slaughtered... again.
>>
>>341455546
The kid will die making him so angry he ties ropes to his axes to emulate his old blades
>>
>>341455176
The devs said in an interview that it was his son on the playstation post-e3 livestream.
We can confirm that Kratos banged a redhead.
Unofficially we can also confirm that she is dead.
>>
>>341455626
Ironic coming from Kratos
>>
>>341455295
The ninja turtles call splinter their father too... I call God "father" too. Hmmm.
>>
>>341449990
Most people don't actually know what good parenting is like, so good luck ever getting an example of it in games before the US collapses.
>>
File: 1456084398573.gif (563 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1456084398573.gif
563 KB, 500x250
>>341449990
>comparing overly sensitive western XXI century parenting methods where slapping a kid is considered domestic violence to viking upbringing where you literally kill to survive
>in a fucking game of all things
>>
>>341455636
And by who exactly? God's were all killed by a certain bloodthirsty bearded man and I'm pretty sure nobody but monsters of God's would want to fuck with him.
>>
>>341455562
Same reason he doesn't shave anymore... he's done.
>>
>>341455176
Also, how and why did he go to the north? I was rather unsure (solely based on the trailer) if it was the same Kratos or like a Norse re-imagining of the character. I guess the Spartan Rage part was pretty clear on that, but you never know with some of these people.
>>
>killed the entire pantheon of greek gods

Oh jee, guess he has some sort of temper problem, who knew?
>>
>>341455589
If the mother is a goddess, I might be able to accept this.
>>
>>341456041
It's been confirmed by the devs it's the same Kratos
Pretty recognizable given the stomach scar
>>
>>341449990
You're right. The dad should've bought the kid an Xbone with the latest CoD game and an Ipad for being out in the cold, forced to walk around. Most fathers should check their privilege or their wives will bore another son.
>>
>>341455752
So the kid is the son of a whore we banged in one of the games... great!
>>
OP, thats how a real man deals with a kid. He demands shit getting done.

Suddenly this type of father is long extinct.
>>
>>341456269
Cheers, Anon. Anything on the reason for going north?
>>
File: 1460306901926.jpg (48 KB, 370x456) Image search: [Google]
1460306901926.jpg
48 KB, 370x456
Why even make Kratos the same protagonist? They couldn't make up another norse god fueled by rage or other shit like that?
>>
Seems he wanted to comfort the kid at the end. But then knew it would turn the kid into a giant faggot so he continues with tough love because the world needs men not numales
>>
>>341456635
If they did that, people would complain about rehash and wonder why it wasn't just kratos
>>
>>341456594
So the devs get an excuse to kill the Norse pantheon now.

People wanted Kratos to fuck up Norse gods next ever since GoW3 came out.
>>
>>341454392
I remember this one. He got so fed up his attacks becomes unsults and kicks and trashes. He keeps screaming and whining as a giant octopus monster appears and stares at him.
>>
>>341456635

Because its easier for storytelling and the baggage hes carrying from all the games.

Writing 101, you fucking tard.
>>
I'm more worried about how most of the demo was a over-the-shoulder walking sim
>>
>>341456882
Yeah, I imagined they couldn't really come up with a decent reason. Don't think they'll even try to explain it in the game.
>>
They should do a crossover with Capcom, Kratos vs Asura
>>
>>341457007
It was clearly the tutorial/tech demo of the game so it's too early to judge it in that regard desu.
>>
>God of war and the problem of male anger and violence in gaming.

Buzzfeed articles about muh violence are coming.
>>
Predictions...

>Kratos dies.
>Kid kills his father.
>Kid takes over franchise.

Seriously though, the antagonist might somehow make the kid kill his own father... that would give him just the right dose of mind fuck to take over the franchise in the future.

Kratos doesn't have a beard because he's in dad mode and making another last of us... he has the beard because he's finished.

Either way, I predict this is his last game... he will die.
>>
>>341449990
>why is this guy such an asshole to the kid
That was Kratos being nice.

Motherfucker even stops himself from yelling at him and doesn't sperg out over getting shot by the kids arrow.
>>
>>341449990
Are you out of your mind?They're living in an uncharted wilderness where one mistake can quite possibly cost you your life.He isn't trying to be an asshole,he is trying to teach his son lessons on how to survive in an environment that basically treats you a midday snack.He is instilling valuable traits in his son,traits that will help him learn to how to become a self-sufficient man who can survive against all odds and stay alive long enough to tell the tale.He has learned that lesson the hard way with his first family and I also believe he's well aware of what can happen if you lower guard,even for a short moment.
>>
>>341458165
They already confirmed the kid won't be playable at any point in the game, nor any other character. It's Kratos and his story only.
>>
>>341449990
spartan education
be thanksfull he didn't fuck him on stage
>>
>>341458165
>>Kratos dies.

Kratos died 4 times already, you kekold.
>>
>>341458205
Seriously, he's actually a pretty good father, all things considered. An asshole, yeah, but he doesn't hit the kid or yell at him.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVljywxAjH0

Still the best.
>>
>>341458165
Best case scenario: Kratos has some development with the kid, gets slightly more caring for him and Norse gods fuck his shit up to get muh angry Kratos.

Worst case scenario: they take/kill the kid and Kratos is angry even though there has been no development between him and the kid.
>>
>Tfw it wasn't the same voice actor so you can't find yourself getting emotionally attatched to the trailer

I just couldn't feel it
>>
>>341458714
Apparently, the kid is with you throughout the game, so the former is more likely.
>>
File: 1459611770412.jpg (51 KB, 735x558) Image search: [Google]
1459611770412.jpg
51 KB, 735x558
>>341454874

Here, friend.
>>
>>341457071
>entire game is one long button mashing sequence of who can yell the loudest
>>
>all these faggots that actually think the game will be Last of Us Melee Edition and that the kid won't get killed/kidnapped early in the game forcing Kratos to become the buttmad angry demigod as we know him

You know that's what will happen. The kid will be used for drama to give Kratos the kick to get mad and go on a rampage again, this time fucking up the Norse pantheon.
>>
>>341458936
Intradesting.
>>
>>341458876
I actually prefer Christopher Judge. His voice has a certain calmness that works well with the character that Kratos has become.
>>
>>341458876
That's the same VA that Kratos always had, the nigger dude, he just wasn't in perma anger mode. You deaf bro.
>>
>>341459178
Nah my African American pal, he's voiced by the black dude from Stargate.
>>
>>341459046
Asura vs Kratos would be a match made in heaven and you know it.
>>
>>341459178
No it's not, you can tell it's not, he doesn't have the same commanding edge in his voice, and Kratos has talked low and calmly before. It's a new VA
>>
>>341459331
Well that's probably where they'll fight, yeah.
>>
why does every kid in these games have the most generic character design ever

you could exchange his design with the kid from "press x to jason" and nobody would figure it out
>>
File: Ffta-marche.jpg (93 KB, 902x985) Image search: [Google]
Ffta-marche.jpg
93 KB, 902x985
>>341459616
Well, what would you want kids to look like
>>
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-15-kratos-is-now-played-by-stargate-sg-1s-christopher-judge

Previous VA of Kratos is buttmad since they didn't even contact him to tell him he's fired or anything, basically he got the Bateson/Hayter treatment.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 569x376) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 569x376
>>341449990
Does Kratos age at all?
He is a demigod but...

He looks indentical aside beard.
>>
Who's angrier, Kratos or Guts
>>
>>341459923
>buttmad
Really. Where'd you pick up that impression?
>>
>>341460040
He's immortal, they confirmed that already.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/first-look-santa-monica-studios-new-god-of-war-on-ps4/

>I knew I didn’t want to simply reboot the franchise, starting over with a retelling of the origin story. I wanted to reimagine the gameplay, give players a fresh perspective and a new tactile experience while delving deeper into the emotional journey of Kratos to explore the compelling drama that unfolds when an immortal demigod makes a decision to change.
>>
>>341459923
He doesn't seem mad at all. Hell, its probably a good break for him.
>>
>>341460140
Both are at the point where they are just tired more or less.

Gutts is a walking wreck that just want Casca back, he doesn't give a shit about Griffith anymore.Unless hound takes over.

Kratos did what he wanted to do, killed all gods he blamed.
His war has ended, there is really no reason to channel inner anger.
>>
File: 1410583202630.png (76 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1410583202630.png
76 KB, 160x160
>>341449990
that's how every parent should be
let me guess.. are you american? east coast?
>>
>>341460140
Are you serious? Kratos and it's not even close
>>
>>341455776
>I call God "father" too.
lmao jesus fuck off #notyourfranchise
>>
>>341457007
The walking was annoying, but the combat looked ok. I always though combat was a weak point in GoW so an attempt to switch it up would be fine.
>>
>>341460609
So what would happen if the MC of Berserk was Kratos instead.
>>
>>341461121
Yep same here.
I played all GoW games and by Ascension I had enough of combat and Kratos screaming at every fucking thing.

I like Kratos and mythos so this new take is okay in my book.
>>
>>341461268
Kratos is an immortal demigod, he would be just going through demons/God Hand effortlesly.
>>
>>341451781
>thinking a nu-male could grow a beard like that
lol'ing at your life right now
>>
I hope that kid dies early in the game cause I won't be able to stand that retard
>>
>>341449990
The kid looks like the one in the SWEDEN YES webM

Who's angrier, doom guy or Kratos?
>>
>>341462106
Doom Slayer. Kratos lost his rage.
>>
>>341460661
I guess if you think about it all catholic men are cucks. Their kids have like 3 fathers. They call their priest father they call their dad father and they call god father.
>>
>>341449990
Probably because he doesn't even know what the fuck to do himself. How many years has it been since his own child died? He's just been on a rampage up until the end of 3, and then probably just wandered around alone.
>>
His kid is also a god by result of him being a demi-god, so Kratos needs to teach his kid to not be a pussy.
>>
So wait, in this universe all mythologies and god exist at the same time?

They govern regions?

Because I want Kratos vs Allah.
>>
>>341462540
Kratos life was fucked after he got involved in demigod shit so it may not be a good idea.
>>
>>341462540
I wonder if the lightning arrows the kid shot were from the bow being special or if the kid has powers.
>>
>>341456896
>I like shit writing

Wow, sure smells like fucking idiots in here.
>>
>>341462857
Most likely the bow
>>
>>341461752
>He doesn't shave

Eugh, go back to your cave, you fucking hobo.
>>
>>341462784
I think Kratos vs the christian pantheon could be cool. Metatron and shit.
>>
My theory.

Kratos moves to North.
Meets some chill (huehue) goddess who left Valhalla and settle down for a while.
Gives birth to their son.
She dies from something,
Kratos raises kid as best as he can.
Turns out goddess was someone important and gods want her heir back in the Valhalla.
They pursue them.

Something like that.
>>
>>341462857
Seems like the energy came from the kids arm, so maybe it is him.
>>
>>341463031
>>341462857
Since he is the grandson of Zeus, I think its the kid.

Kid grows up and becomes Odin
>>
>>341463203
I didn't even say that?
>>
File: 1462559392958.jpg (130 KB, 544x548) Image search: [Google]
1462559392958.jpg
130 KB, 544x548
Will we be able to rape Valkyries in the game?
>>
I think this shit is kinda obvious.

Kratos = Odin
Kid = Thor (lightning arrow is dead giveaway)
Dead wife = Frigg
>>
>>341463374
Since we've only seen a frost giant as an enemy, this Odin theory might be true. Odin did become Allfather after killing almost all the frost Giants during the war.
>>
>>341463726
murder only, most likely.
>>
>>341449990

Consider not having children, assuming you can find someone to sleep with your stupid ass.
>>
>>341463862
or that means Kratos becomes Odin and the kid by right is Thor
>>
>>341463726
I don't think Kratos will be banging chicks in this game. Not with his kid around.
>>
>>341450973
he killed zeus dude
>>
>>341449990
What chance do we have for a sex scene in glorious 1080p 23fps? Will the SJWs allow it since it's gow?
>>
>>341449990
You are just retarded.
>>
>>341464165
Implying Kratos wont teach Junior every aspect of bein a man.
>usual GoW sexminigame
>Kratos: Do not look away boy, you need to see this.
While the player does the usuall buttonmashing, we only see the kids expression growing more and more horrified as Kratos grunting intensifies
>>
>>341464740
>Implying it won't be the kid banging Scandinavian whores while Kratos nods in approval.
>>
File: I AM THE GOD OF WAR.jpg (331 KB, 736x972) Image search: [Google]
I AM THE GOD OF WAR.jpg
331 KB, 736x972
https://youtu.be/ar59w0yrA_E?t=17
Pic related plays Kratos now.

THERE BETTER BE A STAFF WEAPON THAT FIRES YELLOW BOLTS IN THE GAME SONY I SWEAR TO GOD.
Just bring back the Spear of Destiny from God of War 2 and reskin it and turn its purple lighting effects gold.

If Stargate SG1 is the original God of War trilogy, the new God of War is the later season SG1 and Stargate Atlantis series.
>>
File: 2345467605.png (156 KB, 913x251) Image search: [Google]
2345467605.png
156 KB, 913x251
>>341464165
>implying papa kratos on teach the kid how to /ss/
>>
>>341464949
That would also be acceptable
>>
File: Bj7qDFzIIAEE0in.jpg (32 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
Bj7qDFzIIAEE0in.jpg
32 KB, 460x460
>>341454874
Deerts
>>
>>341462784
Apparently yes, religions control regions where they're worshipped. Kratos ended the Greek/Roman gods. Norse ones are next.
>>
>>341449990
because he is not a milenial faggot
>>
So If Kratos dies in a passing the torch kind of way like some anons have predicted what are the odds in the sequel when Junior is kicking Asgardian ass, he will go to Nifelheim and team up with undead Kratos
>>
>>341465712
I'm proud of TPB the way some Americans are proud of their flag.
>>
>>341466034
Super underrated show. The Rickyisms alone are worth the watch
>>
>>341465735
That's actually a good explanation for why the whole world isn't fucked, just the region surrounding Greece.
>>
>>341466463
It's amazing how smart the writing has to be to make him sound so dumb. They make him say things that would totally make sense for him to be saying instead of just making him ramble like mating name instead of maiden name.
>>
>>341462784
>>341465735
>>341466509
or its an undisclosed amount of time after GoW3, and being a demi-god, Kratos doesn't age. The world got flooded and fucked, and after humanity recovered on its own they looked to new gods and practices to worship which led to Norse mythology.
>>
>>341449990
He said he was fucking hungry okay? The god of war is hungry and the little shit let the food go. I'd be pissed too.
>>
>>341450461
the ps2 games emulate horribly. better to get a hd pack on the playstation
>>
>>341449990
Yeah those strict kind of fathers tend to be assholes with a short temper and no paience. That's how my dad was, kratos is based. I really felt bad when he fucking shot kratos though kek.
>>
File: GOD OF WAR 3 COMBO MAD_2.webm (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
GOD OF WAR 3 COMBO MAD_2.webm
3 MB, 700x394
How did we go from this
>>
>>341449990
This is Kratos, guy kill civilians for health for fuck sake, the fact that he didn't end the world again is a good day
>>
>>341449990
Well, the original Kratos was a whiny angry asshole. This Kratos is supposed to be "Norse" and is trying to teach the kid how the fuck to survive in the wild and not, you know, DIE. He doesn't berate the kid for fucking shooting him in the shoulder, either.

He's being an excellent parent for that depicted time period. If he was all coddling, the kid would be dead in a week if they were ever separated.

Something first world millennials who thinks "roughing it" means living in a suburb without a Starbucks within half a square block from their house and that their child must never fail at anything so they get prizes for "participating" would never understand.

I weep at the thought of what this coming generation of brats will be like when they enter the workforce. "Well I showed-up for the interview, when do I get my paycheck?"
>>
File: 1466005978137.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1466005978137.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>341468207
to this
>>
>>341468207
fuck I want to play GoW again
>>
>>341468207
I was kind of pissed how many samey weapons that game had. We don't need 2 or 3 chainblades.
>>
>>341468283
>whiny

angry*
faggot
>>
>>341468390
I'm going to preface by saying I don't expect this combat to be fantastic. But this style sort of gives me God Hand vibes and I think it could end up being really good if they spend some time on it.
>>
>>341468643
Oh please, almost every time he interacted with one of the Gods he acted AND sounded like a whiny child, especially when they wouldn't give him what he wanted.
>>
>>341464165
>impliying he wont teach him how to fuck
>>
>>341453898
You are a retard. In the tutorial for the scaffolding in GoW Kratos grabs a guy, smashes his head into the wall and drops him so he can continue.

2 second later the game makes you jump on the higher part of the scaffolding, which he could of did all along.

Stop trying to construe Kratos into something he never was, a remotely redeemable human being.
>>
>>341455086
Emulate with 60 fps patch but honestly shit games anyway.
>>
>>341468390
This is my only gripe with this new game. I enjoyed the previous god of war games because they were hack n slash with combos and style points. This just looks like a third person action game.
>>
>>341449990
>why is he being so mean? :(

"This guy" is Kratos, and he's showing plenty of restraint.
>>341451781
>nu male beard

Are you retarded?
>>341458165
>Kratos dies

And he comes back. Again. and again. and again. and again.
>>
>>341468912
Kill yourself. The only thing similar to God Hand here is the camera angle.
>>
>>341464165
>>341469183
>Papa Kratos teaches his boy how to be a man

I might buy it if I saw more of the gameplay. GoW is known for hack n slash and massive combos.
>>
>>341470493
I'm aware. Saying something gives you vibes is about as faint as you can make a comparison. My first sentence was a pretty clear disclaimer saying I know it won't be as good. But if I can even play a shitty button mashy version of god hand it could be fun.
>>
>>341470892
It's not going to be a shitty button mashy version of God Hand.

It has absolutely nothing in common with it.

Remember the melee sequences in TLoU?

It will be like that, but as an entire game.

If you want to play a worse version of God Hand, go play Onimusha Dawn of Dreams.
>>
How does this game explain Kratos killing himself at the end of GoW III?
>>
>>341471460
He didn't succeed. After credits scene shows that he dragged himself away from where he "died".
>>
>>341471460
magic and shit
>>
>>341471393
I've beaten that as well. I didn't play TLOU so while you were watching it you probably knew what it was playing like and I was just substituting the closest thing I had played.

Fair enough then I guess. I'll extinguish this little glimmer of hope.
>>
>>341451781
t. guy who wishes he had a glorious beard
>>
>The kid is Kratos'
>Dialogue implies that he wasn't around for the majority of the kids life.
I wonder what made Kratos leave his new family.
>>
>>341471965
Beards are interesting. 1 in 10 guys looks legitimately better with them and most of the others are just hiding shitty jawlines.
>>
>>341468390

Dear god, will future Devil May Crys become a weepy melodrama about demonic equal rights?
>>
>>341471965
I used to have a nice full one, shaved it off so I don't look like some faggot hipster. Also girls don't like beards.
>>
>>341472018
or he found out one of the hundreds of girls/monsters he fucked had a kid
>>
>>341449990

Just fucking gobble up your qte experience and don't give a fuck about the story since it will be full of holes
>>
>>341453420
It's also shitty, you deaf fuck.

The ports are awesome, get them.
>>
>>341449990
Because he's an overly aggressive asshole?

At least he's trying.
>>
>>341449990
He got mad at the kid for missing because the kid ignored him and showed a lack of patience and concentration. Which will get the kid killed. Kratos looked pretty damn caring in that video to me. He didn't want the kid to feel bad he wanted him to know how to take care of himself.
>>
>>341449990
I don't feel like he was an asshole at all.

I mean Kratos is a soldier. He instructed the kid to hunt like I imagine a superior would instruct a lower-ranking soldier. "Don't be sorry, be better." That was just legit life advice.

Considering how much of a sociopath Kratos was in the previous games (especially in terms of fucking over innocent bystanders) I feel like he was pretty fucking cordial.

>>341451781
>nu male beard
I swear there are people in this world who can only see the world through the lens of memes.
>>
>>341449990
for someone who is the literal embodiment of rage he seems pretty chill with the kid. meanwhile MY step dad would beat me if I got water on the floor after taking a shower
>>
>>341474835
Your stepdad probably developed anger issues once he realized he got cucked in advance by your real dad and was wasting his time and resources on another man's kid.
>>
>>341451781
>nu male beard

>EVERYTHING IS MEEEEMES KEK 4CHANZ 4LIFE
>>
>>341475431
Try not to wear your butthurt on your sleeve, nu male.
>>
>>341452163

Kratos smiles once in the entire series and it's when he meets his daughters soul in the PSP game. Other than that Kratos doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>341475198
Well he sounds bad but how hard was it for you to learn? Wipe it up. It is rude and dangerous to leave water on the floor.
>>
>>341449990
"be calm, think things through" - Kratos

Where and how exactly did he learn that lesson?
>>
>>341475540
He gives fucks, just none for those who try to get in his way. His whole motivation is driven by him giving fucks and being fucked.
>>
>>341475784
During the unknown amount of years between games.
>>
>>341475784

After reflecting on his part that was the entire series of clusterfucks he was part of before?
>>
>>341476169
but being a raging maniac worked out rather well for him. if he had thought things through, he never would've killed the entire greek pantheon
>>
>>341449990
Is this pasta?
I was surprised he didn't slap the kid's shit when he shot him in the shoulder. Guess it is too much for the sensibilities of the day.
>>
>>341476419

Kratos's rage anger and strength are pretty good but what really made him succeed was his self belief.

He never doubts himself or puts himself down. When he wanted it shit done he done it, regardless of what stood in his way.
>>
>>341477087
doubts and thoughts are for people not on a non-stop adrenaline fueled killing spree
>>
>>341477231

Another thing to not was how much went in to his animation.

>that stance when standing still with the blades equipped

He's like a cornered wild beast. A lot of his character was in the animation, in the 4th game he seems like he's mellowed even in Spartan Rage mode. What will be good is when he gets platinum mad again.
>>
>>341477724
he'll never get super mad in front of his wife's son. he has to play the cool, reasonable father now.
>>
>>341459178
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/15/e3-2016-new-god-of-war-kratos-voice-actor-confirmed
>Christopher Judge will be voicing Kratos for the upcoming God of War reboot on PlayStation 4.
>Judge, who is well known for his role as Teal'c in Stargate SG-1, appeared on stage during Sony's extended livestream. He also Tweeted out the news late last night.
>The news was backed up by Kratos' former voice actor, TC Carson, announcing he would not be reprising his role on Twitter. "I am not," he said. "Sony went in a new direction. let em know what you think."
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.