[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Zelda is now Skyrim >God of War is now The Last of Us
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: sanic.jpg (1 MB, 2048x3976) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
1 MB, 2048x3976
>Zelda is now Skyrim
>God of War is now The Last of Us
>Resident Evil is now Amnesia

First MGSv and now this. When will industry trends stop killing great franchises?
>>
File: 1275183948438.png (271 KB, 423x467) Image search: [Google]
1275183948438.png
271 KB, 423x467
>Change game formula
STOP RUINING GAMES!!

>Stick to the old game formula
STOP MAKING REHASHES
>>
>>341437364
>Prey is now System Shock
It's not ALL bad, anon
>>
>>341437364
Shut the fuck up retard
>>
File: drake no.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
drake no.png
444 KB, 800x600
>>341437475
When people ask for a series to change its formula, they don't usually mean change it to something even more generic and homogenized
>>
>>341437475
Not OP, but I don't mind rehashes, as long as they're good games on their own
>>
>Zelda is now Skyrim
Yeah, if Skyrim had an at all interactive world and shit to do aside from quests.
>>
>>341438019
Give me some examples of objectives and interactions you've seen in Zelda that weren't present in your average survival open world game
>>
>>341438132
Using the environment to kill enemies, cutting down trees to use as bridges, and snowboarding with your shield.
Not sure what average survival open world games have to do with Skyrim, anyway.
>>
File: xmlb1y.png (2 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
xmlb1y.png
2 MB, 1280x960
>>341438132
inb4 spreading fire
>>
>>341438019
I'll take Skyrim's stuff to do over that big empty map Zelda's demo had where at best you find some treasure chests behind a water fall.
>>
>>341437364

>Zelda is now Skyrim
All open world games are not Skyrim. Also Link clearly interacted with the world, something missing in Skyrim.

God of War has run it's formula dry, how is injecting a bit of life and story into a game where everyone despises the main character bad?

All first person horror games are not Amnesia. Though I'll mostly give you this. It's clearly pandering to Playstation VR so it isn't surprising that it's a 1st person spook house. The RE label is probably just there for recognition.
>>
>>341438427
>Using the environment to kill enemies, cutting down trees to use as bridges, and snowboarding with your shield.
I can't WAIT to do that for 500 hours, I'm so hyped bros
>>

I really don't see how these could be anything but improvements over the last few titles.
And the Zelda looks like a change of pace, something the series desperately needs.
>>
>>341438542
>interacted with the world
You mean hit the special scripted tree?
>>
>>341438542
>injecting a bit of life and story
You mean removing interactivity in order to create a cinematic experience?
>>
>>341438532
>I'll take Skyrims empty full map over Zeldas alpha empty map demo.
Cool

>>341438604
>bros
Way to prove you're just a buttmad sonypony.
>>
>>341437771
>#NOTALLOP
please keep that brain poison for twitter shit
>>
>>341438710
This, if you don't like empty open worlds you're just a sonygger who loves movie games

>>341438604
Suck a dick, fag
>>
>>341437364
first zelda game was open world you cuck
>>
>>341438710
Oh cute you did the thing where you greentext things the person didn't say, how novel anon.

I accept your concession.
>>
>>341438915
Okay cool, I also provided 3 points when someone asked. Give me a reason to put more than minimal effort.
>>
>>341437475
This. One half will always be dissatisfied.
>>
>>341437364

I'm okay with that.
Thats what RE should have been in the first place.
>>
>>341437364
Seriously, why didn't they just make an original character and plot for GoW4? I'm not for a fucking second ever going to believe that THAT Kratos and the one from the other games are the same guy.

Kratos is the biggest fucking piece of shit on the planet. He wouldn't ever give to flying fucks about that kid.

That fishlipped nigger killed Perseus. He deserves the Prometheus treatment times 10 for that.
>>
>>341439074
Unless they actually change the formula for the better? Crazy idea, I know!
>>
>>341439332
It will never be for the better

Autistics hate change, anything that's even a little bit different triggers them.

Nintendo fans are only excited about Zelda because they waited this long.
>>
>>341437364
Since when did Amnesia have guns?
>>
>>341438132
Actual handcrafted dungeons to find with meaningful content in them. Maybe it won't be like that, but that's what we got the last time Zelda was open world in Windwaker.

It's likely to be more about you exploring the world to find all the shrines rather than going to town to pick up loads of quests like in Skyrim, or the copy paste bullshit of every Ubi game. Basically, a focus on exploring rather than npc driven quests. Think Xenoblade X without all the story or sidequests, or a large scale Metroidvania.

At least that's how they're making it seem in Treehouse.
>>
>>341439606
OoT didn't change the formula? LttP didn't change the formula? Mario 64?
>>
File: 1418099793918.jpg (60 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1418099793918.jpg
60 KB, 722x349
>>341439319
People have been shitting on GoW for being mash square to win since forever.

Now that they try something new everyone wants the old formula back?

Gamers are fucking retarded, or maybe just /v/
>>
>>341437364
>great franchises
>Zelda
It had five good games out of...how many? 18?
Link's Awakening, Link to the Past, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Minish Cap.
>>
>>341439794
I didn't say shit about the gameplay, my nigger, I'm talking character/story.

I actually liked GoW even if I fell out of love with it. GoW2 was a great game.
>>
>>341439820
>Trying this hard
>>
>>341439319
The very first piece of character development Kratos ever gets is murdering the captain of the ship he was sent to save for no reason whatsoever, it's just hilarious that trailer is meant to be in the same continuity
>>
>>341439681
Personally I do like the notions that have been tossed around so far. A pet peeve of mine is that Zelda games have fallen out of favor of explaining why dungeons are present. And have no other backstory around them other than "The place that has the item you were told you needed.".
>>
>>341439820
>Look mom, I'm being contrarian!
You could've at least tried to conceal the bait.
>>
Zelda wanted a more interactive open world since OOT, but limitations were always an issue, with BOTW they have more freedom

RE1 was suppose to be FPS but PS1 couldn't do it to their satisfaction, there is also already FPS RE games

GOW is legit fucked though, i hope Capcom don't look at GOW & go "This is where action games are headed" & make DMC5 the Last of Us
>>
>>341439794
>People have been shitting on GoW for being mash square to win since forever.
That was retarded as well. God of War games are shallow compared to top tier action games like DMC and Ninja Gaiden, but still heads and shoulders above 99% of combat systems in action games. It was just a reaction to normies saying GOW is the best action game ever in the PS2 days.
>>
>>341437364
>>OP is a faggot
oh, wait...
>>
>>341439794
/v/ was, and is the last place I go to have a good conversation about video games. I don't know why I come here. The only thing I can get behind /v/ about is hating sjw bullshit. Though these days there are too many girls and numales. Old /v/ would be 90% against sjw bullshit. Now it's only at about 50% .Which is 50% more than any other site.
>>
>>341439794
People wanted Norse gods & they kept rehashing Greek shit

People were not tired of mash of square, more of the setting
>>
RE7 is actually shaping up to be cool though. They're taking Outlast and Amnesia and making a proper game out of it. Don't like the RPG shit in Zelda but Open World is were Zelda belongs.

GoW looks like shit I agree.
>>
All games are slowly becoming the same game.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.