[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Open world games has become the FPS of this generation,almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: doweneedopenworldgames.jpg (87 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
doweneedopenworldgames.jpg
87 KB, 624x351
So Open world games has become the FPS of this generation,almost every game at this E3 was open world
>>
OPEN WORLD
OVER THE SHOULDER VIEW
CHARACTER TALKS WHILE WALKING
>>
>>341437542
So when can we expect the next crash all of the newer games today look the same.
>>
File: 1465940824996.jpg (83 KB, 940x625) Image search: [Google]
1465940824996.jpg
83 KB, 940x625
Free roam is fine. It's either going to be corridor or open, and the simple map design is allowing all those potential corridor wall assets to just come out as houses, et al.

Some companies are really fine at developing environments, especially Ubisoft.
>>
File: witcher-3.jpg (34 KB, 638x358) Image search: [Google]
witcher-3.jpg
34 KB, 638x358
Don't mind me, just being the only good open world game since San Andreas.
>>
>>341436989
I really wish people define what they meant by "open world", I heard people said people describe bloodborne as open world.
>>
>>341439881
And so you can't just comfortably realize they are retarded and misinformed?
>>
>>341439881
Huge world with big empty lands filled with nothing but a few monsters to fight.I wouldn't Dark Souls,or Bloodborne open world,but both have inter connected areas that makes the game feel semi open world
>>
>>341439692
>>341438662
both are trash
who here /RDR/ ?
>>
>>341439692
IV's fun, and it has multiplayer.
>>
>>341440603
Red Dead Redemption is even a worse open world game than Skyrim,the game was only twelve hours long,and what was there to do besides shooting a few gang locations,or bounty hunting
>>
>>341440603

>>341440865
>>
CRAFTING
>>
>>341440898
how is Skyrim a bad open world game? there's almost too many locations to explore in that game. it was one of the few games where i literally forgot there was a main quest.
>>
>>341441453
Because no matter where you go, you will be presented with an adequate level-adjusted challenge and adequate randomly generated loot. There is nothing unique to find.
>>
>>341441453
Most of the dungeons were copy paste and there were only two dungeons in the game that stand out

The game gives you no incentive to explore because the loot is shit,and you can make the best items by crafting.

The lack of varied location and enemy variety was also shit you only get a few variations of the same enemy.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 512x288
If konami didn't go off their mesd, how would you react if they revealed to silent hills was going to be open world?

I think the concept could work seeing as it's the city itself that's scary.
>>
>>341442225
Open World horror game didn't Deadly Premonition did this,how was that game
>>
>>341441602
>>341441938
i guess it's just my fondness for exploring crypts and castles, then. also at higher levels, the hostile mages in that game make for intense as fuck battles.
>>
>>341439692
I actually agree
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 443x332
>>341442490
It's... Definitely a unique experience.

Honestly I'd love to see more open world horror games.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.