[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Re6 is just 7.49 on Steam currently. Is it worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: re6.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
re6.jpg
392 KB, 1920x1080
Re6 is just 7.49 on Steam currently. Is it worth it?
>>
Only if you have a friend to play with.
>>
>>341434148
This, got it thinking it would be a stupid over the top romp like RE5, but it's really just a fucking chore.

Granted I've only played the Leon campaign so far.
>>
7.49 Yen or Rupees, maybe.
>>
better than 7 at least
>>
>>341434837
>but it's really just a fucking chore

This is the best way to describe RE6
>>
>>341433983
The whole game is QTE ridden mess.
Leon campaign is the only redeeming factor.
>>
I really enjoy it fir what it is. Beneath the bullshit qte's and the over the top melee attacks is actually a really mechanically fun game. If you're a fan of re5, or if you like the characters I'd say get it for that price. Otherwise you'd be better off waiting for it to be a bit cheaper.
>>
>>341435587
The over the top melee attacks are the main reason I play the game.

I honestly can't really say I "like" the game overall, but I get a weird sort of dumb fun out of playing it.
>>
>>341434148
Thisthisthis

I played through it with a friend we laughed our asses off.
>>
i dont wanna make a new thread so this seems the best place to ask.

for someone who has never play re1 should i get the new remastered steam version while its on sale? or emulate remake/directors cut?
>>
>>341436156
Just buy it.
>>
Should have bought it on Humble you fucking cuck.
>>
>>341433983
it's a dumb, really bad game with some cool moments
but it's fun playing in split screen with someone, just to laugh at how ridiculous it is
>>
eh it's not so bad, I liked it more than RE5 because it has a bit of both series' "zombies"
>>
>>341433983
It's incredibly poorly designed.
They couldn't decide if they wanted it to be single player or two-player, so they went the logical route: make it neither.

No matter what you choose, you get penalized. And there are way too many "co-op" setpieces. Like one every five minutes.
>>
>>341436156
REmake is fucking great.
Honestly, I could never finish the game when I bought it in 1998. It was too clunky and boring.

Played REmake back in 2009 or so, and it motivated me enough to back and finish the original just to see what they changed.
>>
>>341436156
Remake is more or less just a better graphics/sound version of RE1 with a little extra content. There are a few minor differences but overall, it's 99% faithful to the original, just with added bonuses.
>>
>>341436243
>>341436638
>>341436708
Thanks guys. it seems like the one on steam is a graphically updated version of REmake so i'll get that then
>>
>>341434837
Sorry to say but Leon's campaign is the best in the game. Be prepared to fight gun wielding zambambos on Chri's and Jake's.

>it's really just a fucking chore

That's a great way to describe RE6. What a fucking letdown. The only good thing I can say about is that my version came with RE1, RE2, RE3 and RE4 HD.
>>
>>341433983
If you're planning to invest all of your game time into merceneries and maybe take a look at the singleplayer, then sure, why not.
>>
it's free on the pirate bay though
>>
I pain 3 bucks at a thrift store and still had buyers remourse, and im a massive RE fan
>>
File: 1431969776489.gif (498 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1431969776489.gif
498 KB, 500x366
>>341438586
I paid $89 for the collector's edition.
I keep telling myself that I only bought it for the digital codes for 1-4; it helps ease the pain.
>>
>>341433983
Depends what you're looking for. If you want an over the top action flick with a lot of heart, yeah I couldn't recommend it enough, especially if you have a friend to co-op with.

If you want a horror game then no.

As to whether or not the game is worth that sum of money in terms of content, you're getting four different campaigns and the best mercenaries mode in the franchise, so yes in terms of content it's absolutely worth 7.49.
>>
Better than 5
>>
does it have split-screen?

for some stupid reason re5 on pc didn't
>>
>>341438936

That's the edition I was going to buy. I canceled my preorder after the demo came out

I'm glad the zoomed out the camera in the final game though.
>>
File: maxresdefaultcbv.jpg (417 KB, 2200x1238) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefaultcbv.jpg
417 KB, 2200x1238
>>341433983
Nah man better off just buying rev 2
>>
ONLY if you have someone else who likes the third person shooter genre. I'd say its not as fun as 5 because the inventory system is a mess and theres a ton of cheap deaths, but its still fun co-op. I can go through RE5 deathless, but RE6 it can happen 2 dozen times.
>>
File: 1408556909087.gif (224 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1408556909087.gif
224 KB, 500x500
>>341442919
>Doing Leon 2-3
>Running down that shitty spiral staircase
>have only gotten 1 green herb the entire chapter
>Suddenly the roof falls and puts me at 1 health because fuck you
>>
>>341433983
>fallen zombies grab you and automatically deal damage
>You can shoot them, and many can't be avoided

It's shit. Get REmake
>>
>>341443830
>can't shoot them

fugg
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.