[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>They made Metroid fucking First Person. What the fuck are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
>They made Metroid fucking First Person.

What the fuck are Nintendo thinking?
>>
>>341420396
>Completely Missing the Point: The Post
>>
>>341420818
The point of what?

That they are actually trying something new?
>>
>>341420396
They've already made first person resident evil games
they all stink
plus ripping off PT? what the fuck. Resident Evil is a totally different flavor from Silent Hill. I don't mix up peanut butter with pickles
>>
>>341421236
>That they are actually trying something new?
They are trying to fucking trying to ride the success of every youtube bait "horror" game with this first person shit, it's as "new" as God of War trying to be The Last of Us
>>
>>341420396
and prime is shitty compared to original metroid games, your point?
>>
>>341421394
>They are trying to fucking trying to ride the success of every youtube bait "horror" game with this first person shit

So?

Even if they are. It's still made by the RE team and not on a shoestring budget with a handful of guys like Outlast and Amnesia.

It's still Resident Evil, meaning that it will most likely have good combat, non-linear level design and inventory management.
>>
>>341421394
Shut up faggot it's better than qte cutscene bullshit. You're even going to get Re2make so everyone should be happy.
>>
>>341421543
The only shit thing about Prime is that it's way too easy.
>>
>>341421658
>It's still Resident Evil, meaning that it will most likely have good combat, non-linear level design and inventory management.
Can we wait until all signs point towards this before saying that? We don't know what the game is going to be like except for the demo, which actually is some YT scarebait walking sim. Shut the fuck up, shill.
>>
>>341422307
>Can we wait until all signs point towards this before saying that? We don't know what the game is going to be like except for the demo, which actually is some YT scarebait walking sim. Shut the fuck up, shill.

It's literally set in the same universe as the old ones.

Pretty sure those things will be featured in the game.
>>
>>341421658
I'm more worried they'll make it straight up serious horror when even REmake was cheesy as fuck.
>>
>>341422435
>It's literally set in the same universe as the old ones.
This doesn't mean fuck all.

RE6 is also in the same universe as REmake. What's your fucking point?
>>
>>341422506
>I'm more worried they'll make it straight up serious horror when even REmake was cheesy as fuck.
Well that's obviously what their doing.

But old characters will most likely make an appearance. The cheese isn't as important as having memorable and endearing characters you actually care about. Even if RE is cheesy, it was never made with that intention in mind originally.
>>
>>341421352
Silent Hill wasn't first person either you know?

Maybe first person is just better for horror, even most games general. It allows for easier control and a more intimate experience.
>>
>>341422580
>RE6 is also in the same universe as REmake. What's your fucking point?

And even that game had inventory and ammo management, puzzles and horror elements, even if they were extremely watered down they were still present.
>>
I don't really see a problem with this. I'd much rather this than another 6.
>>
>>341422948
It's better for jump scares, that's it.
>>
>>341422680
intentions or not, thats what resident evil is.
>>
Beginning Hour is just a tech demo and isn't reflective of what the actual game will be like.

There isn't supernatural shit either.
>>
>>341420396

The only thing that I saw in that demo that I object to in terms of Resident Evil was "spooky mannequins turning to face you" -as if a zombie viral infection can cause hauntings.
>>
>>341423218
>There isn't supernatural shit either.

If there is, then this would be a really stupid time to slap the BIOHAZARD title on western covers.
>>
>>341423218
someone needs to post a link where it says that.
first reason is because im lazy, but the second reason is that the game comes out in January. Its weird that theyd say "this isnt the game youre getting in 7 months" and not show us a clear idea of what theyre doing with the game
>>
>>341423002
It still went full action. You don't really have any real points.
>>
>>341423387
>"this isnt the game youre getting in 7 months" and not show us a clear idea of what theyre doing with the game
The reason they're doing that is probably because PT was really fucking successful.
>>
>>341423028
why can't we have another remake instead? why do we have to settle for meme horror shit like outast and alien isolation
>>
>>341423496
>THEY ARE TOTALLY GOING TO REMOVE THESE FEATURES.
>But they were still present even in a game even more different from the original than this one.
>NU-UH STILL DON'T HAVE POINT.
Nice Anon.
>>
>>341423653
>why can't we have another remake instead?
You do realize they are making exactly that aswell yes?
>>
>>341421236
>something new
Outlast came like 7 years ago, nice bait.
>>
>>341423801
They haven't shown shit and RE6 severely dumbed down or underused classic RE elements.

They haven't shown shit of the game aside from the demo. Your blind faith in Capcom is discerning considering it's often one step forward and two steps backwards with them.
>>
>>341423387
There is a video on capcom's twitch channel with the developers that confirms this.

can't directly link because nip moot says it's spam.

>>341423354
There are people who seriously think there is "Ghost" in the game.
>>
Don't worry, you can watch Resident Evii [sic] from Youtube and won't miss a thing since it's scripted from start to finish and is probably going to last somewhere between 2-3 hours because they want the Markiplier/Pewdie audience.

Rest in peace RE, sure 6 was shit but Evii [sic] isn't even a RE game.

Enjoy your memes and the thousands of Outlast clones to come.
>>
>>341424341
They have literally said it's separate from the final game.

They are riding on the coattails of PT.
>>
It was already stated that the final game will be nothing like the demo
>>
>>341425183
It'll still be first person though because VR.

I don't really mind though, they were obviously not going back to fixed camera and third person doesn't really work in tight spaces well. I just hope you'll be able to see your entire body.
>>
Its just Outlast, I don't want Outlast.
>>
Who fucking cares?

Every RE4 game since 4 has been shit, and every game before RE4 was shit.

>hurdur where are my braindead puzzles and obnoxious inventory management? Where are my clunky, garbage controls and lame jump scares? RE is used to be SO good!
>>
>>341426096
RE4 was garbage, fuck off you dumb hipster faggot
>>
File: fps_evolution.jpg (78 KB, 250x447) Image search: [Google]
fps_evolution.jpg
78 KB, 250x447
>>341420396
>>
File: 1465871323394.png (915 KB, 820x701) Image search: [Google]
1465871323394.png
915 KB, 820x701
>>341426215

>hipster
>for liking a critically acclaimed and beloved game that shaped the entire industry since its inception

Do you even know what that fucking word means, child? RE is a garbage franchise, but it created one excellent gem, and that gem was RE4. Anyone's opinion but my own is objectively wrong and unthinkably gay.
>>
>>341426096
This, RE4 and REmake are the best, 5 and 6 being the worst
>>
>>341426341
Might as well update these pics with D44M.
>>
>>341427367
D44M looks pretty classic though.
>>
>>341421394
And it's going to work.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.