[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is mining, skinning, herbalism obsolete in actual WoW ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: fantasy-world-of-flowers-4[1].jpg (1 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
fantasy-world-of-flowers-4[1].jpg
1 MB, 1920x1440
Is mining, skinning, herbalism obsolete in actual WoW ?
>>
All professions are obsolete in actual WOW.

Legion doesn't show any promis of fixing it either, despite claims

Professions are useful when it is the easiest and most reliable way to fill slots, but currently that would be piss easy raids and welfare gear, RNG stats also doesn't help.

in WOD everyone gets herbs and ore for free, skinning on the other hand eats a workshop node, so its still somewhat viable.
>>
Literally everything is obsolete in WoW. The game is Farmville tier by now.
>>
File: 1439247606029.jpg (260 KB, 1132x887) Image search: [Google]
1439247606029.jpg
260 KB, 1132x887
>>341419898
This is the absolute truth.

All mechanics revolve around getting gear, to see content, you've already done onehundred times, just to get the gear to see the same fucking content.

You can beat WOD in less then a day of hitting 100, after that its just a gear grind for nothing.

The adventure in this game is dead, its why i've been playing Project 1999 until legacy servers are announced/canned
>>
>>341420124
you get max level in wod in like 6 hours if you do the bonus/secret shit.
>>
>>341419832
You haven't read anything about Legion professions, have you?
>>
File: 23904-l.jpg (13 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
23904-l.jpg
13 KB, 640x480
>>341420231
Doesn't look like much

More RNG stats on gear with retarded daily quest unlock system and 'tier' ranks to improve the base ilvl.

Its WOD crafting but without garrisons, which is still shit.

Give me something that takes a lot of time and effort, but is actually good (not best) and will last me a good while over the RNG shit that will get replaced by the lowest tier of welfare gear in a matter of days.

The only thing the new system does is add more skinnerbox RNG grind with rank tier daily shit.
>>
Professions in general have been pretty much obsolete since WotLK (with professions providing identical stat boosts and besides trivial perks like double duration flasks for alchemists, nothing else of worth: compare something like Stunherald to Saronite Mindcrusher that no one ever made because it'd almost certainly be obsolete by the time you had levelled BS high enough to make it)
>>
>>341420124
why wait when you can play right now
>>
File: 1378070312105.jpg (54 KB, 468x493) Image search: [Google]
1378070312105.jpg
54 KB, 468x493
>>341421321
>>
Proffesions have obsolete ever since they started handing out welfare gear like candy. The garrison resource gathering was the nail in the coffin.
>>
>>341421321
I made some spare change using enchanting during cata. Shit wasn't entirely useless
>>
>Every other expansion except BC
>Crafted items become irrelevant a week after they're obtainable
>Warlords
>Crafted items are best in slot always in high demand always sell for large amounts of gold
>Old profession items still sell for transmog and twinking

>Professions are useless
>>
>>341421321
The "by the time you can craft it you'll have better" has been true since vanilla.

I still remember copper bracers or truesilver breastplate.
>>
File: sunfire_v2.jpg (158 KB, 755x818) Image search: [Google]
sunfire_v2.jpg
158 KB, 755x818
>>341425238
Well, that depends a bit. Vanilla has really inconsistent itemization so some items are worthless well before they are available and some last for a good while. Items like Bloodvine set were really good in vanilla (and while BoE, it did have fairly powerful boost for tailors), resistance gear was very much relevant and available from professions, and even one of the legendaries was tied to crafting (Sulfuron Hammer used as a regeant for Hand of Ragnaros).

But it's true to an extent, TBC was the only expansion with truly relevant crafting (ranging from endgame-worthy trinkets and awesome starting gear like Frozen Shadoweave that lasted for a very long time all the way to final patch BiS items like Sunfire Robes and BS Weapons that were outrageously powerful when you got them).
>>
>>341426021
>engineering goggles continue to be made more and more useless every expac
Why live.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.